SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

You are not a failure ! You are doing the best you can. I only had a few episodes of nausea and it was so frustrating I can only imagine what it's like to have it all the time . This is not a straight forward process. Our bodies are so complex and you never know how you will react. I too question the updose sometimes and go into what ifs but sometimes you just have to do it to see if it will ease some of your symptoms. Stay positive it will be okay

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

You are not a failure ! You are doing the best you can. I only had a few episodes of nausea and it was so frustrating I can only imagine what it's like to have it all the time . This is not a straight forward process. Our bodies are so complex and you never know how you will react. I too question the updose sometimes and go into what ifs but sometimes you just have to do it to see if it will ease some of your symptoms. Stay positive it will be okay

Thanks Blondiee:

I appreciate you stopping by and talking to me. I didn't know that you had nausea. It's a B****! To wake up every morning and before you get out if bed you are nauseous. Not a fun life at all. :(

I wish I could get passed the 7's on the Lexapro, that's when it's kicking my b***!

I didn't know that you updosed, I haven't read your signature in a while. I thought you were doing better, and tapering.

I just want to get over this and go on with my life. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Did you try talking to your doctor about your nausea ? What do they say ? I mean I know they don't believe in WD but maybe there is some other medical reason ?

I didn't updose, but I think about it when I have a crappy day . It is hard I had no idea it can last this long. This whole process makes me question myself all the time and I just have to believe in the process and in myself and push forward

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

Did you try talking to your doctor about your nausea ? What do they say ? I mean I know they don't believe in WD but maybe there is some other medical reason ?

I didn't updose, but I think about it when I have a crappy day . It is hard I had no idea it can last this long. This whole process makes me question myself all the time and I just have to believe in the process and in myself and push forward

I've been to the dr so many times. They even did a CT scan and found a hemogima on my liver, which is nothing to worry about. I even had a well known dr in New York read it and he said I was fine. My fiancé wondered if it's the supplements that I'm taking. So maybe I'll go off of them and see if that helps. I'm just so frustrated, I don't know what to do anymore. Apace41 (Andy), has really been helping me. So I'm doing what he suggests. JanCarol told me that Lexapro is mean like a tiger, don't pull its tail. I wish I could just quit, but I know that is not good at all. I went off 5 meds before Lexapro, and never had one WD, except some rebound acid when I stopped omeprazole. I'm just having a pity party lol... Thanks for caring. :)

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Apace41-

I'm sure you read, I'm updosing to 7.9mg today. Let's hope it works.

My fiancé wondered if it could be the supplements making me nauseous? Especially the magnesium. Could I go off of them except the krill oil for a few days and see what happens? It can't hurt me, can it? I can't take vitamin d, it makes me sicker than a dog, and vitamin b's wire me out of control, so I don't take either one of those.

Thanks for answering me Andy. I know you are struggling right now. Any info you give me is so appreciated. I hope you feel better very soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Frogie.

While it is possible that the supplements could be causing nausea, the question I would ask is "were you on the supplements before you got nauseous?"  It seemed like you have had this in the past and you were pretty convinced that it was tied to getting down to a certain level on the meds.  The challenge is that we strongly advocate adding or removing one thing at a time so as not to confuse WHY you see improvement or worsening.  If you updose the lex and get off the supplements and feel better, which one was it?

I would prefer you keep all steady for now and just try working with the med to see if you can stabilize.  If, however, you didn't really think the tie was that strong to the med, we are in a different place.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi, Frogie.

While it is possible that the supplements could be causing nausea, the question I would ask is "were you on the supplements before you got nauseous?"  It seemed like you have had this in the past and you were pretty convinced that it was tied to getting down to a certain level on the meds.  The challenge is that we strongly advocate adding or removing one thing at a time so as not to confuse WHY you see improvement or worsening.  If you updose the lex and get off the supplements and feel better, which one was it?

I would prefer you keep all steady for now and just try working with the med to see if you can stabilize.  If, however, you didn't really think the tie was that strong to the med, we are in a different place.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

I didn't start taking the supplements until I started on SA. Except for the krill oil, I have taken it for years.

The 1st taper was my fault for getting nausea because I just cut my Lexapro in 1/2. I was sick for months. Then I got stabilized, and started the 2nd taper through SA, but had started the supplements before I started my 2nd taper. Does that make sense?

That's the only reason I asked.

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

But you didn't get nauseous when you started the supplements -- only after you were tapering for a while and got to the 7s, right?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

But you didn't get nauseous when you started the supplements -- only after you were tapering for a while and got to the 7s, right?

Best,

Andy

I remember I was a little nauseous when I started the magnesium, but just chalked it up to my acid reflux. Now I don't take omeprazole. My stomach doesn't feel like acid reflux, it is definitely nauseous.

I'm just confused ????????????

I did get nauseous at the 7's, coincidence, I don't know?

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Day 1 at 7.9mg - feel very nauseous and like I'm going to throw up.

What fun. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

OK, Frogie. Let's see how you do over the weekend and see if you get some relief by let's say, Monday.

If by Monday you aren't seeing some improvement I would say that cutting out the Magnesium would be the next step in the process.

We will figure it out.  I know you are struggling but these things, unforunately, take time since our bodies are so sensitive and there are multiple variables at play.  In the meantime, it would be great if you could find something that would help with nausea as a symptom.  Have you tried the lemon balm yet?  Even something as simple as Saltines (recalling my wife's pregnancies) might help.  Given that this has been an ongoing issue for you finding a means of coping would help.

I would suggest Googling home remedies for nausea to see if something comes up that resonates with you.  If you do a little legwork you might find something that eases the symptom.

Best,

Andy

OK, Frogie. Let's see how you do over the weekend and see if you get some relief by let's say, Monday.

If by Monday you aren't seeing some improvement I would say that cutting out the Magnesium would be the next step in the process.

We will figure it out. I know you are struggling but these things, unforunately, take time since our bodies are so sensitive and there are multiple variables at play. In the meantime, it would be great if you could find something that would help with nausea as a symptom. Have you tried the lemon balm yet? Even something as simple as Saltines (recalling my wife's pregnancies) might help. Given that this has been an ongoing issue for you finding a means of coping would help.

I would suggest Googling home remedies for nausea to see if something comes up that resonates with you. If you do a little legwork you might find something that eases the symptom.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

I have phenegran and zofran, but hate taking anti nausea meds. I might take them maybe once a week, if that. Just when it's unbearable. I haven't taken it for 10 days.

I ate some Alka-Seltzer chews just a little while ago. See if that helps.

I know I've done really well, going off all the meds I have. But this Lexapro is nasty.

I'm just getting frustrated.

Thanks for all your help. I wouldn't know what to do without you helping me.

I really appreciate it. I hope you are feeling better. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, Frogie, I share your pain and frustration.  The good news is that this will be the hardest thing any of us ever have to do in our lives so it gets easier from here!

I applaud your staying away from the meds because of the slippery slope that they are.  There are a lot of things in the "natural" and "herbal" world for this that you should try if you haven't.

http://everydayroots.com/nausea-remedies

Getting off psych meds generally is not for the faint of heart.  The degree with with each individual's receptors will bind to any given med is an unknown so that for one person one med may be worse and for another a different med may be worse.  They all have the potential to create a long and arduous process.

Just keep hanging in there -- time is the greatest ally we have.

Best,

Andy

Unfortunately, Frogie, I share your pain and frustration.  The good news is that this will be the hardest thing any of us ever have to do in our lives so it gets easier from here!

I applaud your staying away from the meds because of the slippery slope that they are.  There are a lot of things in the "natural" and "herbal" world for this that you should try if you haven't.

http://everydayroots.com/nausea-remedies

Getting off psych meds generally is not for the faint of heart.  The degree with with each individual's receptors will bind to any given med is an unknown so that for one person one med may be worse and for another a different med may be worse.  They all have the potential to create a long and arduous process.

Just keep hanging in there -- time is the greatest ally we have.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy-

Thanks for encouraging me. I need all I can get.

I read the link you sent me. Thank you for that. I'll try the lemon. I have applesauce, but ate my last banana yesterday. I eat one everyday.

Do you ever get nauseous? I can't do ginger, it just makes me throw up. What do you do?

I'm really trying to be patient, but it's really getting old.

Again, thanks for standing next to me and helping me. I really appreciate it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you ever get nauseous? I can't do ginger, it just makes me throw up. What do you do?

It's not a major symptom for me but I do deal with it from time to time.  I'm not a fan of ginger root because it is too harsh for me but I have found some ginger/lemon sucking candies that really hide the ginger.  Those do seem to provide some relief.  Do you have a problem with ginger in capsule form?  You could try taking a capsule before bed and upon first waking in the AM to see if that helps.

Best,

Andy

It's not a major symptom for me but I do deal with it from time to time.  I'm not a fan of ginger root because it is too harsh for me but I have found some ginger/lemon sucking candies that really hide the ginger.  Those do seem to provide some relief.  Do you have a problem with ginger in capsule form?  You could try taking a capsule before bed and upon first waking in the AM to see if that helps.

Best,

Andy

Andy-

The capsules are what I tried. And within an hour I was throwing up. I have to make sure there is no ginger in anything I eat or I'm throwing up. My body just doesn't like it.

You are lucky that you don't wake up and go to bed sick. And I haven't lost any weight, which is really weird.

But I know you have other symptoms and I feel for you.

I want to shove this down the Drs throat for 20 years, and then tell them good luck getting off.

Thanks for the support. Again, I really appreciate it :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

I have to make sure there is no ginger in anything I eat or I'm throwing up. My body just doesn't like it.

That's unfortunate.  I would definitely try the lemon balm and peppermint to see if they provide any relief.  Have you tried acupuncture or accupressure?  Both are surprisingly effective.

You are lucky that you don't wake up and go to bed sick. 

I don't want to harp but we are ALL lucky we don't have ALL of the possible symptoms that one can get while withdrawing.  Yours suck for you. Mine suck for me. The best approach is to be grateful for the ones we DON'T have so thank you for reminding me of that.  I will return the favor by telling you that you are lucky that you don't feel dizzy and like the world you are in isn't real all the time.  

On an important note, I see you are wondering about the Xanax on the benzo thread.  My VERY STRONG suggestion would be that you leave the Xanax alone for right now.  While it has the potential to cause nausea (as do all meds) you have been on it for 9 years so it is quite unlikely to be the source of the issue.  The Xanax should help to cushion any other symptoms (and may well be the reason nausea seems to be the only one) you might otherwise have as you get off the A/D.  It would make the most sense to me for you to:

• find a place of stability on the Lexapro where you are not nauseous
  • taper off the A/D slowly to avoid a repeat problem
  • take a 6 month break to let your nervous system settle down (unlike what I did after my benzo taper first)
  • start the Xanax taper

Now we just have to get bullet point one taken care of.

Best,

Andy

I have to make sure there is no ginger in anything I eat or I'm throwing up. My body just doesn't like it.

That's unfortunate.  I would definitely try the lemon balm and peppermint to see if they provide any relief.  Have you tried acupuncture or accupressure?  Both are surprisingly effective.

You are lucky that you don't wake up and go to bed sick. 

I don't want to harp but we are ALL lucky we don't have ALL of the possible symptoms that one can get while withdrawing.  Yours suck for you. Mine suck for me. The best approach is to be grateful for the ones we DON'T have so thank you for reminding me of that.  I will return the favor by telling you that you are lucky that you don't feel dizzy and like the world you are in isn't real all the time.  

On an important note, I see you are wondering about the Xanax on the benzo thread.  My VERY STRONG suggestion would be that you leave the Xanax alone for right now.  While it has the potential to cause nausea (as do all meds) you have been on it for 9 years so it is quite unlikely to be the source of the issue.  The Xanax should help to cushion any other symptoms (and may well be the reason nausea seems to be the only one) you might otherwise have as you get off the A/D.  It would make the most sense to me for you to:

• find a place of stability on the Lexapro where you are not nauseous
  • taper off the A/D slowly to avoid a repeat problem
  • take a 6 month break to let your nervous system settle down (unlike what I did after my benzo taper first)
  • start the Xanax taper

Now we just have to get bullet point one taken care of.

Best,

Andy

Andy-

I guess we are lucky that we don't have all the withdrawals that could happen. So thank you for reminding me of that. I'm really sorry you are dizzy and the world isn't real. I hope it all goes away for both of us soon.

I was just asking if Xanax could make me sick. There is NO WAY I'm trying to go off of it right now. I really think that is what is keeping me sane.

Please, please, please, get me to a place on the Lexapro that doesn't make me nauseous. I will be forever greatful. :) Then hold for a while, and taper very, very slow.

I'll give my Xanax a 6 month break, no problem.

I just want to feel better. But so do you. And we will.

Oh, I lied. I've lost 3 pounds this week, just weighed myself. Is that bad?

Thanks again for helping me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Life is relative, Frogie.  You will learn that through this process.  I've never met you and have no way of knowing.

If you needed to lose 3 pounds it is perfect.

If you need to lose more than 3 pounds, it is a start.

If you could stand to put on a few pounds, it's not great.

If you are emaciated and nothing but skin and bones it's really very bad.

See how that works?

;)

There are very few absolutes.  The sooner you internalize that the easier it is to avoid extreme highs and lows and overreacting to difficult situations.

Best,

Andy

Life is relative, Frogie.  You will learn that through this process.  I've never met you and have no way of knowing.

If you needed to lose 3 pounds it is perfect.

If you need to lose more than 3 pounds, it is a start.

If you could stand to put on a few pounds, it's not great.

If you are emaciated and nothing but skin and bones it's really very bad.

See how that works?

;)

There are very few absolutes.  The sooner you internalize that the easier it is to avoid extreme highs and lows and overreacting to difficult situations.

Best,

Andy

Andy-

I could lose 30 pounds and then be normal.

But my problem is, I overreact to everything. If I lose weight, what's wrong with me? Do I have cancer? If I gain weight what's wrong with me?

I think that is just because I'm in WD and overthink everything.

I have clothes I can't wear, because when I started Lexapro, I started gaining weight.

But you are right, I just need to go with the flow. And I'll be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance. I needed that.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

But my problem is, I overreact to everything. If I lose weight, what's wrong with me? Do I have cancer? If I gain weight what's wrong with me?

It better be withdrawal because I do it too.   :P  I've had upwards of 40 or 50 "near" heart attacks and strokes in the past several months alone!  Withdrawal attacks your mind at its weakest link.  If you used to think a little about health now you become a full-blown, raving mad hypochondriac.  If you used to like time to yourself and didn't always enjoy being with people, you become agoraphobic.  It's part of the "damage" and it will heal.

Learning how to cope with this crap is the one silver lining of this ridiculous process.  None of us are born knowing how to do it, but the better we learn how to deal in this "twisted" state the better off we will be once our brains return to normal (whatever THAT is).  If you read the success stories (here and elsewhere) the common thread is that people view the coping skills they learned during withdrawal as helping them live way better lives once they are off.

Something to hang onto.

Best,

Andy

It better be withdrawal because I do it too.   :P  I've had upwards of 40 or 50 "near" heart attacks and strokes in the past several months alone!  Withdrawal attacks your mind at its weakest link.  If you used to think a little about health now you become a full-blown, raving mad hypochondriac.  If you used to like time to yourself and didn't always enjoy being with people, you become agoraphobic.  It's part of the "damage" and it will heal.

Learning how to cope with this crap is the one silver lining of this ridiculous process.  None of us are born knowing how to do it, but the better we learn how to deal in this "twisted" state the better off we will be once our brains return to normal (whatever THAT is).  If you read the success stories (here and elsewhere) the common thread is that people view the coping skills they learned during withdrawal as helping them live way better lives once they are off.

Something to hang onto.

Best,

Andy

Andy-

I have become a raving mad hypochondriac! Every little chest pain and I'm having a heart attack, just like you. Then I start to Dr Google. Worst thing you can do. I don't know how much I've googled stomach and nausea. Everything comes back bad of course. I have to learn not to google things.

I used to love to have people around all the time. My fiancé and I moved 4 years ago to this little podoc town of 600 people for his job. I've met 1 person that wants to be friends and she's nuttier than me. We have a small grocery store, Ace hardware, a gas station that sells candy and stuff, and 2 bars. I've tried to find volunteer work. If you weren't born here, your parents aren't from here, you don't belong here. So I stay home. We live 16 miles from my therapist, which I actually look forward too. At least I get to talk to someone lol... Otherwise it's 200 miles to my home. Where I was born and raised. I think all of that plays into my WD a lot. I'm disabled (my right hand and left foot from a fall) so I can't work. I was a bookkeeper for 30 years. I miss not going to work. Sometimes I wonder if my WD wouldn't be so bad if I worked.

I read the success stories a lot a hope one day I can write one from me.

Thanks for listening. And helping me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Day 2 at 7.9mg - still nauseated. I hope it goes away soon.

I was sick all day yesterday.

No fun at all. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Any better at all today, Frogie?

Hoping it subsides for you soon.

If it's nice where you are today, get out and get some sun. 

Best,

Andy

Any better Frogie? 

I am in my worst, the withdrawal symptoms keep worsening on me, even I stayed at the same dose for 8 days. 

I am thinking of updosing, too. How you feeling of updosing? Any better? or Different?

Hope will better for you.

Regards

Rain

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Any better at all today, Frogie?

Hoping it subsides for you soon.

If it's nice where you are today, get out and get some sun. 

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy-

No, no better.

I told my fiancé that I had stomach cancer. And he said no, you're going off Lexapro and your sick like everyone else.

I just wish it would stop! :(

Hope you are better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Any better Frogie? 

I am in my worst, the withdrawal symptoms keep worsening on me, even I stayed at the same dose for 8 days. 

I am thinking of updosing, too. How you feeling of updosing? Any better? or Different?

Hope will better for you.

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain-

No I'm not better, still sick to my stomach. I'm now back up to 7.9.

Hopefully it will stop soon.

One of the moderators will help you, and tell you if you need to updose or not.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I don't think you have stomach cancer, this is probably only Lexapro WD. Escitalopram is famous for stomach harsh side effects, most common are nausea and bloating, U try some good probiotics? Maybe can help.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

I don't think you have stomach cancer, this is probably only Lexapro WD. Escitalopram is famous for stomach harsh side effects, most common are nausea and bloating, U try some good probiotics? Maybe can help.

Hi Chuck 83:

I sure hope I don't have stomach cancer! I take probiotics all the time.

When you don't feel good, your mind wonders lol...

Were you nauseous day after day?

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Day 4 at 7.9mg.

Still sick as soon as I open my eyes.

Ordering lemon balm, they don't sell it anywhere around where I live.

Oh, please go away!

Frogie xx

Hi Chuck 83:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes Frogie after adverse reaction to Citalopram is simil to Lexapro(esCitalopram), I remember for a month or two , I had a strong Nausea, now this is symptom is dissapear, and is not a problem.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

Hi Chuck 83:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes Frogie after adverse reaction to Citalopram is simil to Lexapro(esCitalopram), I remember for a month or two , I had a strong Nausea, now this is symptom is dissapear, and is not a problem.

First I had it from June, 2016- November, 2016. Then it stopped. And now the last 2 months I've had it again. As soon as I open my eyes, I'm sick.

Not fun at all.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Frogie.

Sorry you have not seen any improvement.  If you don't feel a little better today I think it would make sense to cut the supplements tomorrow and see if that shows any signs of improvement.

Best,

Andy

Hi, Frogie.

Sorry you have not seen any improvement.  If you don't feel a little better today I think it would make sense to cut the supplements tomorrow and see if that shows any signs of improvement.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

Ok that's what I will do.

I'm so tired of being sick as soon as I open my eyes. :(

Hope you're feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi scallywag:

I took your advise and bought some Dramamine All Day, Less Drowsy.

I just took it 1/2 hour or so ago, so don't know if it's going to work or not.

But for $5.00, I'll try anything to get rid of the nausea.

Apace41 has been helping me. He has updosed me twice to try to get rid of the nausea. He also suggested Lemon Balm. I'm going to order some. Where I live no one has it.

Just want to thank both of you for helping me.

I hope you are feeling and healing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi, Frogie.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

I forgot to ask you how long will we know if it could be the supplements making me or contributing my nausea?

Hope you're doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx