Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hi frogie

how are you feeling today, any improvement, hope your ear is not hurting as much and it was just the wind. You don’t need anything else to go wrong. I don’t take anything for my anxiety just grit my teeth some days I can cope and others it overwhelms me. Four and a half months of trying to stabilise on 1mg hopefully it will stabilise soon.  

If it wasn’t for this site and all of you lovely people giving such great support I would never have known what was happening to me. 

I have taken note of the message you received on dropping after 1mg. It us very helpful and when I get to that stage I will use it for me. 

Today anxiety back with a vengeance again - yuk. Tomorrow I care for my grandson all day so hopefully I will wake to a better day. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

5 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

how are you feeling today, any improvement, hope your ear is not hurting as much and it was just the wind. You don’t need anything else to go wrong. I don’t take anything for my anxiety just grit my teeth some days I can cope and others it overwhelms me. Four and a half months of trying to stabilise on 1mg hopefully it will stabilise soon.  

If it wasn’t for this site and all of you lovely people giving such great support I would never have known what was happening to me. 

I have taken note of the message you received on dropping after 1mg. It us very helpful and when I get to that stage I will use it for me. 

Today anxiety back with a vengeance again - yuk. Tomorrow I care for my grandson all day so hopefully I will wake to a better day. 

Hi Scorpio:

I'm feeling a lot better thanks. I still have some anxiety, but nothing like the other day. I'm sorry you are having so much anxiety and not taking anything for it. I don't know how I will do when I start tapering my Xanax, but Junglechicken gave me a lot of good natural things I can take that helps her.

My ear doesn't hurt at all anymore. They say your ear can hurt in WD. It could be that too.

You can take anything off my thread that would help you. Chessiecat was awesome to do all that work to help me. I couldn't believe all the work she did so I could figure it out. She is very nice.

Would it help if you went up just a little bit more? I'm not a dr or a mod, and don't know exactly what's going on. Don't take my suggestions. I just know I had to go up last summer because I couldn't handle my cut, or I would be further along. 

I'm trying to get my granddaughter for a few days before Thanksgiving. Her mom and I are working on it. I don't know how long she wants to stay at grandmas, it's pretty boring living in the sticks. She lives in the city, but does love to come out here for a couple of days here and there. I hope I can handle it just tapering, I'll make it work to see her. You are lucky to see your grand baby. I used to see her all the time until we moved. Now it's a fight to get her, not really a fight just hard. She is 10 and is on a bowling team, and has friends. Hopefully it will work out.

I hope your anxiety levels out tomorrow so you can enjoy your visit.

I know exactly what you mean about this site and all the great people on here. It does help a lot.

I hope you do better very soon. It's really nice talking with you.

I'm really glad we met. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi frogie

what good news that your ear is better. I’ve had horrible jaw pain last week and now gone another W/d side effect. So many strange symptoms seem to blight us during this journey. I darent up dose, I had such a bad time throughout the whole time on lexapro that this is just something I have to sit out and wait. As soon as I get stability I want to reduce slowly the same as you. So chessiecats dosage system really helps. I see your anxiety is reducing so looks like you are on the mend and can look forward to a good long window hopefully. 

I bet you can’t wait to see your granddaughter and must miss her dreadfully.  I saw from your thread you had bought her some lovely presents for Christmas, one of the joys of being a grandma. How far are you from your family is it a long way?  I also saw that you are really isolated, have you lived there long, that must be tough on you, do you know many people there. I know I’ve been in some terrible states when I have had Jude, my grandson, but he always manages to pull me out if it even if only for the time he is with me. At just one he is very time consuming.  I’m normally exhausted by the time he goes home. 

Thank you for your kind words and yes it’s so nice to meet another grandma. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

2 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

what good news that your ear is better. I’ve had horrible jaw pain last week and now gone another W/d side effect. So many strange symptoms seem to blight us during this journey. I darent up dose, I had such a bad time throughout the whole time on lexapro that this is just something I have to sit out and wait. As soon as I get stability I want to reduce slowly the same as you. So chessiecats dosage system really helps. I see your anxiety is reducing so looks like you are on the mend and can look forward to a good long window hopefully. 

I bet you can’t wait to see your granddaughter and must miss her dreadfully.  I saw from your thread you had bought her some lovely presents for Christmas, one of the joys of being a grandma. How far are you from your family is it a long way?  I also saw that you are really isolated, have you lived there long, that must be tough on you, do you know many people there. I know I’ve been in some terrible states when I have had Jude, my grandson, but he always manages to pull me out if it even if only for the time he is with me. At just one he is very time consuming.  I’m normally exhausted by the time he goes home. 

Thank you for your kind words and yes it’s so nice to meet another grandma. 

My ear should be ok after all the antibiotics that I took. I know it was just the wind, but my fiancé thinks differently. Men do that. I don't blame you for trying to mess with your dosage if it's been like that for 4 months. I just remember it was horrible and then I felt like a loser because I had to go back up. If I hadn't had to go back up for so long, I could be way down there. But it is what it is. I wish I could have gone shopping and bought my granddaughters gifts, but we only have a couple of stores. It's so much cheaper to order online. Hopefully in a year or so we will be closer to home, and I'll have my granddaughter and stores. My fiancé has come to the realization that this job really wasn't for him, lots of false promises. But we have work to do before we can rent our place out. I live 2 1/2 hours away from her. I used to live 20 minutes from her. I live in the sticks. Corn, wheat, cows and tumble weeds. I live in a very clickish town of 600 people. If you aren't from here, you don't belong here. It's taken me 4 years to make 1 friend across the street and now haven't talked to her for 3 weeks. She has her own life and doesn't have time to even call and say hi. I'm tired of calling and she says she's busy. I've never been away from home, and I don't like it at all. I'm so glad my fiancé has decided he's ready to go home. It would be such a great Christmas present to get to go home now, but maybe next year we can have a Christmas with family again. You are very lucky you've always been with your grandson. I'm worn out after having my granddaughter too. She stays for 3-4 days when I have her, but I'll take it. It is nice to talk with another grandma.

I hope you feel better soon. Sorry for blabbing...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Question for someone that can answer me I really appreciate it

I currently take Escitalopram Oxalate (Liquid Lexapro). The label says 5mg and I receive 300ml a month or when I need a refill.

I am currently drawing up 4.9 in a liquid syringe. Does this mean that I am taking 4.9mg of liquid Lexapro, or am I really taking 24.5 mg liquid Lexapro because it is 5mg? Is it like I'm taking a 10mg tablet and cutting it so I'm only taking 4.9mg of the tablet?

I guess I should have never looked at the label because now I'm really confused. I just want to make sure it is a 1:1 ratio and I'm doing this right, otherwise I've been doing this wrong for a year! And I have been updosing because I started on a 10mg Lexapro tablet.

Thanks to whoever can explain this to me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

How many mg's per ml?   It must say somewhere on the bottle.   If it is 1mg. per 1ml. and you are taking 4.9ml then you are doing fine.  You are taking 4.9mg.

Do you follow........I don't think it could possibly be 5mg. per 300ml.

mmt(myheadiscleartodayanyway....lol)

proceed to the hot tub

Ahhh, it's probably 5mg. per 5ml. that's what mine was(liquid prep) so you should be fine.  5mg. per 5ml. is 1/1.  Your bottle has approximately a 60 day supply.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Just now, manymoretodays said:

How many mg's per ml?   It must say somewhere on the bottle. 

This is exactly what the label says:

"Tapering dose as needed" , those are my directions.

Escitalopram Oxalate 5mg. 300ml

Manufature CAMBE

I'm almost certain that the US liquid Lexapro is 1:1 ratio. So I'm taking 4.9 mg just like if I took a 10mg tablet and cut it so I would be taking 4.9mg of the tablet.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes.  Mine was.  A 1/1 ratio.  I think you should be fine.  You could call the pharmacy tomorrow to confirm.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

6 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes.  Mine was.  A 1/1 ratio.  I think you should be fine.  You could call the pharmacy tomorrow to confirm.

Did your's say 5mg on it?

I should have never read the stupid label...

• Moderator Emeritus

Mine said 5mg./5ml.  I should throw it away.......I actually went and found it.......I'm sure it's rotten after 3 years.

And yes 1/2 of a 10mg. tab is approximately 5mg.  I don't know how you got to 4.9 with the tablet..........if you mixed your own liquid or weighed it, either of those ways work too.

Anyway yes, call them to be sure,  I'm only almost sure it is 1/1 or 5/5 (same thing).

And it's okay Frogie.  I get spinning mentally sometimes still........take some breaths and relax.  Have a good rest.  Nighty nite.

mmt

6 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Mine said 5mg./5ml.  I should throw it away.......I actually went and found it.......I'm sure it's rotten after 3 years.

And yes 1/2 of a 10mg. tab is approximately 5mg.  I don't know how you got to 4.9 with the tablet..........if you mixed your own liquid or weighed it, either of those ways work too.

Anyway yes, call them to be sure,  I'm only almost sure it is 1/1 or 5/5 (same thing).

And it's okay Frogie.  I get spinning mentally sometimes still........take some breaths and relax.  Have a good rest.  Nighty nite.

mmt

I was just using the tablet as an example. That if I was taking 4.9mg of a tablet it's the same as 4.9mg of liquid Lexapro.

It makes me angry when I can't figure things out. I guess the dr would have told me to only take 1mg (just an example) if we talked about tapering. He knows I'm tapering 10% a month.

Thanks,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Frogie said:

I was just using the tablet as an example. That if I was taking 4.9mg of a tablet it's the same as 4.9mg of liquid Lexapro.

It makes me angry when I can't figure things out. I guess the dr would have told me to only take 1mg (just an example) if we talked about tapering. He knows I'm tapering 10% a month.

Thanks,

Frogie xx

It's okay.  I wasn't sure.  And I was worried you read my response to Miguel and got all worried about the liquid.  Yes, theoretically it should be the same.  For me when I switched to generic Lexapro I had a bit of a glitch.  Then when I switched to the liquid I had a huge glitch......but I just bopped on down to 3mg. and was already in a bad place post the suicide death of a loved one.  All before I came to SA.   You will probably be fine.  Go slow.  Be gentle to your nervous system.

Who knows what the Doc would have said.......it's nice he was willing to prescribe the liquid.

You ARE figuring things out.

Sleep tight.

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

While it can't hurt to double check with the pharmacy, my read from the website is that all liquid Lexapro is made to a 1:1 ratio so I think you are fine, Frogie.

MMT has given you good advice here (as usual).

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Just now, apace41 said:

While it can't hurt to double check with the pharmacy, my read from the website is that all liquid Lexapro is made to a 1:1 ratio so I think you are fine, Frogie.

Best,

Andy

I thought it was, but I should have never read the blankety blank label.

I would just hate to have been taking it for a year to find out I should have been diluting it the whole time. I kinda do dilute it as I put it in apple juice and drink it.

Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate everything you do for me and everyone else. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

13 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

I just talked to the pharmacist. She said it's 1:1. She asked me if I was tapering, I told her yes. She said she hoped I was doing 10% a month, I told her yes, and she said that was perfect.

Someone that believes in the 10% a month. She is new so I think she will be very helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

how are you today,  is the anxiety gone I hope so.  Mines still very high woke me at 5 but I think that’s because I knew I had to get up to be ready for Jude at 8.30. He has been lovely all day today thank goodness after yesterday’s tantrums I don’t think I would have coped very well if he had been the same. Absolutely exhausted now so getting dinner done then collapse. Anxiety kept going all day but I managed thank goodness. I have to collect him from the dreaded nursery at 12 tomorrow he really hasn’t settled so it’s hard seeing his little upset face.  He only goes 1 and a half days a week and as yes hasn’t managed to be there the whole day I think 2 was the latest time his mum had to rescue him. Unfortunately he has been going through a spell of catching everything so not been well which doesn’t help. 

I think you are sensible buying online as you say it’s much cheaper. We do have the shops here but I then go home and buy online anyway. I’m sure she will love all that you have bought they sound brilliant. Having only had a daughter my grandson is a new experience so toys for him are so different from the fun I had buying for my daughter. 

it must be so hard living so far away and in such a lonely place. I don’t think the woman you got to know sounds like much of a friend. I hate clicky  places. We have a lot of that in the villages but I live on the outskirts of a city so you make your friends and tend to keep them close. I am so pleased for you that your fiancé has decided he does not have his dream job although horrible that he was fed false promises.  Hopefully you will be back home before you know it and amongst your friends and family again 

hope you you are having a good day today. 

47 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

how are you today,  is the anxiety gone I hope so.  Mines still very high woke me at 5 but I think that’s because I knew I had to get up to be ready for Jude at 8.30. He has been lovely all day today thank goodness after yesterday’s tantrums I don’t think I would have coped very well if he had been the same. Absolutely exhausted now so getting dinner done then collapse. Anxiety kept going all day but I managed thank goodness. I have to collect him from the dreaded nursery at 12 tomorrow he really hasn’t settled so it’s hard seeing his little upset face.  He only goes 1 and a half days a week and as yes hasn’t managed to be there the whole day I think 2 was the latest time his mum had to rescue him. Unfortunately he has been going through a spell of catching everything so not been well which doesn’t help. 

I think you are sensible buying online as you say it’s much cheaper. We do have the shops here but I then go home and buy online anyway. I’m sure she will love all that you have bought they sound brilliant. Having only had a daughter my grandson is a new experience so toys for him are so different from the fun I had buying for my daughter. 

it must be so hard living so far away and in such a lonely place. I don’t think the woman you got to know sounds like much of a friend. I hate clicky  places. We have a lot of that in the villages but I live on the outskirts of a city so you make your friends and tend to keep them close. I am so pleased for you that your fiancé has decided he does not have his dream job although horrible that he was fed false promises.  Hopefully you will be back home before you know it and amongst your friends and family again 

hope you you are having a good day today. 

Hi Scorpio:

I woke up with a little anxiety, but it wasn't too bad. I worked through it. I hope it stops soon. I can't take much more of it. 

I know I got my granddaughter some nice things, but it wasn't the same as being able to go to the stores. I miss shopping so bad. Even window shopping. I'm beginning to resent online shopping.

I'm glad your grandson was better today with your anxiety. At 1 they do throw tantrums. I see people post he's had a hard life. I don't want to butt in where I'm not welcome, but if you want to talk about it I'm a great listener. They catch everything at day care centers. I guess I should have been at a day care center, I was sick for a month as you know and on so many antibiotics it wasn't funny.

I have been in this horrible town for 4 long years. It is very clickish. I've never seen so many clickish people in my life. If you weren't born here, they want nothing to do with you because you are an outsider.

I miss home so much it isn't funny. Even if I don't see my family everyday, I know they are there and know my friends are there. And there are stores. It's civilization. This isn't. I sit and cry most days.I wish it was time to move so bad, but another year of this place.

What day and time is it there? It's Tuesday, 12:25pm here, so my day is only 1/2 over. I'm sooooo lonely.

But I'm glad you had a better day. I'm sure you don't write to me to hear me complain. I apologize for that.

Have a good evening.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

sorry you're having such a difficult time....I'm not doing so hot myself...really tired of dealing w/all this suffering,mental and physical.

There's so much I want to do but can't, I'm so worn down and scared of ever having anykind of normal life again...sorry to complain so much but it is what it is.

I hope you feel better soon...hang in there.

ds   xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

5 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Hi Frogie,

sorry you're having such a difficult time....I'm not doing so hot myself...really tired of dealing w/all this suffering,mental and physical.

There's so much I want to do but can't, I'm so worn down and scared of ever having anykind of normal life again...sorry to complain so much but it is what it is.

I hope you feel better soon...hang in there.

ds   xoxo

Hi DS:

Don't ever apologize for "complaining ". I'm here to listen, just wish I could help. I can tell you I will complain to you.

I tapered, and instead of my normal 2-3 days of nausea I had horrible anxiety. I'm still having it, but it's not as bad as it was.

I'm really scared of ever having a normal life too. We are in the same boat.

Hang in there. It will get better for both of us.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, direstraits said:

really tired of dealing w/all this suffering,mental and physical.

No worries on the complaining front, DS.  There are many, many, many (did I say many?) of us that feel the exact same way you do, so when you vocalize it you provide comfort to others that they are not alone.  It is so very hard to deal with the "Groundhog Day" aspect of this "syndrome", coupled with the fact that there is really no place (other than this board) for many of us to express our frustration.  

When I get like this I go to the success stories and read a couple (I would love there to be more but we know there are reasons for that other than failure to heal) to remind me that healing happens in many and varied ways.

Hang in there. 

It will get better.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi frogie

Please don’t apologise  about telling me about your life. It is lovely to hear from you. I know what you mean about shopping I enjoy it too, I like the atmosphere and the bustle. I’m so pleased your anxiety is easing. It makes life much easier to cope with when it is not eating us alive. 

My grandson probably started nursery, about 3 weeks ago, at the worst time for separation anxiety as he is just a year. If he had gone a few months ago probably wouldn’t have been a problem. Together with going down with ear and chest infections, then colds he hasn’t had a chance to find out if he enjoys it. Hopefully as he now seems to be out of the woods he can see if he enjoys it tomorrow. At least it’s only 3 hours. Luisas mother in law was going to have him for 1 day a week but she last her husband 18 months ago and us now suffering from depression so can’t do it. Hence the nursery. 

It sounds awful living in that town, people can be so cruel but the one good thing is it is not for long and you can at least start making plans for going home. I’m surrounded by family and friends but don’t see them very often because of this anxiety. Friends ring but a lot of the time I don’t pick up the phone but they are all very supportive. Hopefully with your granddaughter coming it will give you more focus on other things. 

Hugs

scorpio. 

thanks so much for your kind words and support,Frogie and Andy...it means so much to me..I'd be lost w/out you guys.

much love and healing.ds

xxx

ps I understand the anxiety, Frogie....it's awful.

take care,ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

17 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks so much for your kind words and support,Frogie and Andy...it means so much to me..I'd be lost w/out you guys.

much love and healing.ds

xxx

ps I understand the anxiety, Frogie....it's awful.

take care,ds

You have me anytime you need to vent or complain. I'm always here to listen. Like Andy said, we all complain and we are thankful for this site, because we all understand each other.

Dont ever apologize. I will, guarantee that I will vent and complain to you. So get ready lol...

Hang in there.

Take care,

Frogie xx

39 minutes ago, apace41 said:

No worries on the complaining front, DS.  There are many, many, many (did I say many?) of us that feel the exact same way you do, so when you vocalize it you provide comfort to others that they are not alone.  It is so very hard to deal with the "Groundhog Day" aspect of this "syndrome", coupled with the fact that there is really no place (other than this board) for many of us to express our frustration.  

When I get like this I go to the success stories and read a couple (I would love there to be more but we know there are reasons for that other than failure to heal) to remind me that healing happens in many and varied ways.

Hang in there. 

It will get better.

Best,

Andy

Andy:

I don't go to the success stories because they just depress me because I'm not ther yet.

You noticed I said yet. I will be there right along with you and DS.

But in the meantime, at least we know we have each other to fall back on for help and reassurance.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Hope the anxiety is lessening a bit for you? 

Are you still getting nausea too? With me the nausea is replaced by anxiety and vice versa. Don't know which is worse!

I know you have had this little set back but you are still tapering and doing really well.

Thinking of you.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

thanks, Frogie 

xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

You have me anytime you need to vent or complain. I'm always here to listen. Like Andy said, we all complain and we are thankful for this site, because we all understand each other.

Dont ever apologize. I will, guarantee that I will vent and complain to you. So get ready lol...

Hang in there.

Take care,

Frogie xx

4 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks, Frogie 

xx

5 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks, Frogie 

xx

Anytime.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, apace41 said:

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy.  And thank you for taking on the moderator stuff here during your own W/D.  You guys are awesome.  A wife and 3 grown daughters too!  Congrats on all your achievements.  And so glad that the pharmacy confirmed and alleviated the stress of all that for you Frogie.  

I hope you can get more support from your fiance soon too Frogie..........I know I read somewhere that he is starting to get a little burnt out with having you dealing with all the  W/D stuff.   Maybe in one of your other conversations..........anyway,  that's not unusual.   Don't worry about venting or expressing here.........it's not really complaining I don't think..........not when you are in the thick of it.   It is OKAY.

Okay.......back to Jackson Browne with earbuds and kitchen or garage dancing.  Today was okay but kind of an off day for me again.  I did get the garbage disposal fixed and A/C covered.  Thank goodness the snow hasn't flown yet..........still hoping to get the leaves bagged and some other outside work done.   I agree Frogie........it's a little unusual the temperatures for November.   I think global warming too.  I like the snow a lot, so really don't mind if it comes soon for good either.  Things I can't control.

Love you all,  hang in, on sometimes.........we will all get there and here is okay too......

manymoretodays

Hi Frogie

So how are you today?  Anxiety has petered out I hope?  I have had a few manic days at home doing some hourly care calls and a little child care for Esme and a lovely day out shopping in a real shopping centre.  I really enjoyed that.  Like you Frogie I am a natural high street shopper.  I love the colours, displays, people and sense of life.  I feel alive in a busy town.  I am now back at my 'live-in' work where I get more time on my computer.

This will be the last live in job I take as I want to be at home more then, and more available for shopping and a social life, but will still do some work.  We all have to plan a little.

I am doing well with my own little reductions, but have to be very cautious.  Some of my withdrawal reactions have definitely been on the severe side when I have gone too quickly before.  I once thought I was going to pass out, and it wasn't with panic it was more just a complete closing down of all my systems.  I had this twice in the past when I withdrew from dothiepin, once in the dentists and the dentist thought I was fainting and once in a public library.  It was like the beginnings of passing out.

I am taking a full 20 mg tablet every other night and a lesser amount on the other days.  I know it is not recommended on this site, but for a whole variety of reasons I think this will work for me.  I am quite strongly psychologically addicted to 20 mg as a concept and this is a way of evening things out.  It was suggested by my GP and I know doctors get a lot wrong, but taking into account citalopram's half life of 33 hrs it should even out I think.  So far I feel well doing this, but I am not expecting miracles.

I have been reading that there are no new antidepressants in the pipeline, that researchers are putting their money into cancer and diabetes research.  This is a shame really because if there was another type of antidepressant it may help someone like me to get off citalopram, just like citalopram helped me to get off the dothiepin.  With the dothiepin I got down from 225 mg (maximum allowed) to 50 mg but could get no further.  The withdrawal was horrendous, much worse than citalopram, but I didn't work then and so could stick things out better. 

Well Frogie, enough of me rambling on, I am just taking stock of where I am in life.  It is good to do this from time to time.

I look at my grandchild Esme and want her life to be such that she never has to take a psychiatric med.  Hopefully that will be the case but if she has to what a shame that there isn't any new ones out there.  I have taken them all my adult life and my daughter for 2 years from ages 17 to 19, so perhaps the trouble is diluting itself.  It is great to look at her and see how well and healthy she is.  I looked after her yesterday afternoon for 3 hrs and she slept next to me for 2 of those.  She has given me new hope and a new interest in life.  I bought her an advent calendar yesterday, the first one I had bought in years, and it felt so good.

Let me and everyone else know Frogie how you are doing with the anxiety.

Oh I nearly forgot Frogie, I have a question for you.  Have you lost weight since you have reduced your citalopram and what dose did you start to reduce from?  I can't see the signatures at the moment.  Some people say they start to lose weight when reducing and others only once they are off and others still later on.

Joy 

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

7 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

So how are you today?  Anxiety has petered out I hope?  I have had a few manic days at home doing some hourly care calls and a little child care for Esme and a lovely day out shopping in a real shopping centre.  I really enjoyed that.  Like you Frogie I am a natural high street shopper.  I love the colours, displays, people and sense of life.  I feel alive in a busy town.  I am now back at my 'live-in' work where I get more time on my computer.

This will be the last live in job I take as I want to be at home more then, and more available for shopping and a social life, but will still do some work.  We all have to plan a little.

I am doing well with my own little reductions, but have to be very cautious.  Some of my withdrawal reactions have definitely been on the severe side when I have gone too quickly before.  I once thought I was going to pass out, and it wasn't with panic it was more just a complete closing down of all my systems.  I had this twice in the past when I withdrew from dothiepin, once in the dentists and the dentist thought I was fainting and once in a public library.  It was like the beginnings of passing out.

I am taking a full 20 mg tablet every other night and a lesser amount on the other days.  I know it is not recommended on this site, but for a whole variety of reasons I think this will work for me.  I am quite strongly psychologically addicted to 20 mg as a concept and this is a way of evening things out.  It was suggested by my GP and I know doctors get a lot wrong, but taking into account citalopram's half life of 33 hrs it should even out I think.  So far I feel well doing this, but I am not expecting miracles.

I have been reading that there are no new antidepressants in the pipeline, that researchers are putting their money into cancer and diabetes research.  This is a shame really because if there was another type of antidepressant it may help someone like me to get off citalopram, just like citalopram helped me to get off the dothiepin.  With the dothiepin I got down from 225 mg (maximum allowed) to 50 mg but could get no further.  The withdrawal was horrendous, much worse than citalopram, but I didn't work then and so could stick things out better. 

Well Frogie, enough of me rambling on, I am just taking stock of where I am in life.  It is good to do this from time to time.

I look at my grandchild Esme and want her life to be such that she never has to take a psychiatric med.  Hopefully that will be the case but if she has to what a shame that there isn't any new ones out there.  I have taken them all my adult life and my daughter for 2 years from ages 17 to 19, so perhaps the trouble is diluting itself.  It is great to look at her and see how well and healthy she is.  I looked after her yesterday afternoon for 3 hrs and she slept next to me for 2 of those.  She has given me new hope and a new interest in life.  I bought her an advent calendar yesterday, the first one I had bought in years, and it felt so good.

Let me and everyone else know Frogie how you are doing with the anxiety.

Oh I nearly forgot Frogie, I have a question for you.  Have you lost weight since you have reduced your citalopram and what dose did you start to reduce from?  I can't see the signatures at the moment.  Some people say they start to lose weight when reducing and others only once they are off and others still later on.

Joy 

Hi Joy:

I didn't wake up with anxiety this morning. I didn't sleep hardly at all last night. Yesterday I carried 2 plastic totes to our barn. They were full of my fiancés jeans. I didn't realize how heavy they were, and I wrenched my lower back. I took 2 Bayer Back and Body probably around 11(?) and an hour later it hadn't touched it, so I took some ibuprofen. I waited a couple of hours and took more ibuprofen and before bed took more. Then at 10:30 last night, I got up and took more, at 1:30 this morning, I finally got up and took more and sat in my chair with the heating pad. So, today I'm scared I really over did it with the ibuprofen. But I'm not bleeding when I go to the bathroom, or vomiting, so I guess I'm ok. No more ibuprofen for me. I didn't even realize I took so much. I just wanted the hurt to go away. It still hasn't. I just pulled muscles and have to go on. I've made the bed, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, and straightened up the kitchen and living room. 

I'm just really scared that I overdosed on the ibuprofen, so I've been fixating on that. Have you ever done anything like that? I don't know if I should call the dr or not. I think if something was going to be wrong, it would have happened by now. It's been 11 hours since I took my last dose.

I'm glad you had Esme yesterday. Even if she slept, you got to spend time with her. We are still trying to figure out when I can see my granddaughter. I don't know what to think right now. I miss her so much. Hopefully neither of them will ever have to take these horrible meds. My granddaughter is very happy right now, but she's only 10. I was only supposed to be on this through my divorce 20 years ago. Long divorce lol... I'll be glad to be off of the Lexapro, then I have Xanax and I will never take another antidepressant or benzo again!

If your method of tapering works for you, then do it. You are the one that has to live with it.

I haven't lost or gained weight on tapering. The 1st of the year, my fiancé and I are going on a diet. I hope it works.

You are so lucky to be able to go shopping. I miss it so much. I'll be glad when we move home and I can have it again. I love to go to the stores and be able to touch things instead of looking at a picture and order. I was looking online at houses and of course found one. I showed my fiancé and he fell in love with it too. But he said he has to get his 5 years for his retirement and we have to get the bathroom done and a few other things around here. Then the resumes start going out. But his 5 years isn't until July of next year. Now that I know we are moving, I'm really getting impatient. I need to just take one day at a time. It will go fast. This year flew by and you know how I don't like it out here. I'm kinda hoping he gets sick of the way he's being treated before that. Only time will tell.

Now I've been babbling.

I hope you are doing well. I love hearing from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks for replying Frogie.  Interesting that your weight hasn't changed during your withdrawal.  We are all struggling with the same issues really, relationships, jobs or disability, housing, family and money as well as withdrawal.

Things will change for all of us, that much I know - that life does not stay the same for very long but keeps on changing - that is what makes it interesting really.

I am truly amazed that your withdrawal goes so well, but very pleased for you.  It is like that for some, my daughter and husband both find it easy to get off ADs in the case of my daughter and tramadol for my husband, but I bet you anything if my son was on them he would struggle.  There is definitely something genetic in these matters.

Let us all know tomorrow how your nausea/anxiety/crying is?

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

1 minute ago, joy2730 said:

Thanks for replying Frogie.  Interesting that your weight hasn't changed during your withdrawal.  We are all struggling with the same issues really, relationships, jobs or disability, housing, family and money as well as withdrawal.

Things will change for all of us, that much I know - that life does not stay the same for very long but keeps on changing - that is what makes it interesting really.

I am truly amazed that your withdrawal goes so well, but very pleased for you.  It is like that for some, my daughter and husband both find it easy to get off ADs in the case of my daughter and tramadol for my husband, but I bet you anything if my son was on them he would struggle.  There is definitely something genetic in these matters.

Let us all know tomorrow how your nausea/anxiety/crying is?

Joy

Thanks Joy:

I wouldn't say my withdrawl has been easy at all. I've struggled the whole time, but new symptoms now.

I will keep you posted on how I'm feeling.

You take care.

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

How are you feeling after taking all that ibuprofen? I have just looked at the packet I have here and it says the maximum  dose in 24 hours should be 4 doses of 800mgs so 3200mgs.

Did you take more than that? If so you might be best to take some medical advice. I believe sometimes the effects of taking too much don't show up straight away.

I am a bit worried about you.  Maybe just call your Dr and talk to him about it?

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

2 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

How are you feeling after taking all that ibuprofen? I have just looked at the packet I have here and it says the maximum  dose in 24 hours should be 4 doses of 800mgs so 3200mgs.

Did you take more than that? If so you might be best to take some medical advice. I believe sometimes the effects of taking too much don't show up straight away.

I am a bit worried about you.  Maybe just call your Dr and talk to him about it?

Love from Flowers xxx

Hi Flowers:

I think I'm ok. They were 200mg each and I took 2 at a time, so 400mg at a time. If I figured it right I took between 1600-2000mg, so I'm fine. But it was a little much. But it's been 12 hours since my last dose and I feel fine.

My back still hurts, but I pulled muscles. It will take a few days to heal. I'm using the heating pad on low.

I googled all of this (my dr gets so mad when I google stuff). It says bleeding when going to the bathroom, dizziness, lightheaded, nausea (I'm not nauseous at all which I'm used to being nauseous because of WD), very low blood pressure ( I checked mine it was 112/71 normal for me) low oxygen level (mine was 97 very normal), resting heart rate is 68 (normal), then you have something to worry about.

I think I'll be fine. I've been drinking lots of water and I ate a banana for breakfast and had a sandwich for lunch.

I will just keep an eye on myself. But I'm just taking it easy. 

Thanks for caring.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Phew that's a relief Frogie! You had me worried there.

At least you have all the tools to check your BP etc. Thank goodness for Mr Google even though the Dr's don't like us using it!

I did something to my back a couple of weeks ago and did just what you are doing. I have a bag stuffed with wheat that you warm in the microwave. Resting with that on the sore muscle really helped.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love from Flowers xxx

10 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Phew that's a relief Frogie! You had me worried there.

At least you have all the tools to check your BP etc. Thank goodness for Mr Google even though the Dr's don't like us using it!

I did something to my back a couple of weeks ago and did just what you are doing. I have a bag stuffed with wheat that you warm in the microwave. Resting with that on the sore muscle really helped.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love from Flowers xxx

I'm sure I'm ok.

Did all my vitals and I'm ok. I've eaten, drank water (I'm drinking my 1 coke for the day now). I don't feel bad, except for everyone worrying about me and my fiancé chewing me out this morning.

I am not touching the ibuprofen anymore unless I call the dr first. But the heating pad is better than meds.

I will take it to bed with me tonight so I can sleep.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Take care,

Frogie xx