Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

4 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Frogie

I just wanted to jump into this conversation while you're talking about the runs. Just kidding

I was reading your posts yesterday and I only got about half way through before my eyes tired out. So I just thought I'd come by and say hi. 

I'm tapering lexapro also and Ativan will come later. So we have that in common. Just wondering what dose you're down to and how it's going. I saw you were going pretty fast in the beginning. Me too. Been trying to stabilize for 3 months w/o a whole lot of luck. Can't catch a good window. 

I haven't been reading a lot on the forum much lately as it makes anxiety worse. I do talk and whine to Scorpio though. But as I'm thinking about tapering soon, just wanted to see how it's going for you. Are you coming all the way off lex before the xanax? I was on xanax but was switched to Ativan 3 mo ago, unfortunately. Xanax worked much better, especially for the brain fog. 

Anyway. Nice to meet you. Talk soon.     Lg

Hi Littlegrandma:

It's nice to meet you too. I really went fast over a year ago and cut my Lexapro in 1/2. I wasn't thinking at all. That's when I found this site and some really good mods that helped me out. It took me a long time to stabilize before I could go down to just 9mgs.  I just dropped to 4.9 on the 9th of November. I've done pretty good on this taper. The 1st couple of days I had akasthisia, which I never had. Scared me pretty good. But I started drinking chamomile tea and that helped a lot. I don't have it anymore and don't want it. They say the lower you go, the harder your symptoms can be. I hope not. I get a lot of nausea. I don't know if I will try to drop again before Christmas or wait. Then I have Xanax. I'm prescribed 4mgs a day, a lot I know, but I only take 3mgs most days. I don't take my night dose. I sleep well, except last night because my back was killing me. Nothing to do with WD. I carried some totes that were too heavy and pulled my muscles in my lower back. What I was told by JanCarol (she's a mod on here), she saved me. Anyways, she said you can't drop your dosage until you don't have a symptom for a full 30 days. So if I don't have symptoms for let's say 15 days, then I get symptoms, I start over on my 30 days. It works. Takes longer to taper, but it's worth it. You have to throw the calendar away and rely on your body. Over the weekend I over did it with sugar and spices and I'm suffering for it. Running to the bathroom every few minutes. You would think I would learn. But I will take Imodium if I'm not better Tuesday morning. If I'm doing well, and I mean really well (which never happens with me lol) I hope to be off Lexapro by the end of January or February, then comes Xanax. I'm really afraid to go off of it. I get a lot of panic/anxiety attacks. Why did you switch to Ativan? I tried it once, and it did nothing for me. Went right back to Xanax. I really feel like I'm pooping out on both meds, but I'm not stopping them and going through h**l like I did when I cut my dosage in 1/2. I've really babbled. I'm sorry. But we do have a lot in common. I would love to stay in touch and be able to help each other out.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Frogie

i was doing well on my original taper. Went from 10 mg to 7.5 on the first of June. Sick for 2 weeks then felt great. Better than I have in years. Clear head. Lots of energy. The lex made me apathetic. 

I only waited a week or 2 and tried tapering.5 mg making my own liquid. Must have messed it up. Got sick and couldn't stabilize. Went up to 8 mg then 10 thinking I could start over. Bad idea. I had akathasia and insomnia for 2 months. Couldn't eat. Couldn't stop  trembling or moving. 

I ended up inpatient at Mayo Clinic. They brought me down 50% in a week. That helped the akathasia but I've been unwell ever since. I was taking xanax sporadically before that. They switched it Ativan x3 a day. I hate it. It doesn't really help. Now I have the fun of tapering that. Been trying to stabilize for 3 mo now. I've only had a few decent days but not a real window. 

I know the Ativan is pooping out and I think the lex just makes me sick. Never really helped but I was on it for 2 years. 

Itll be great to stay in touch. I'm glad you're doing well.     

My diet is pretty healthy. Mostly smoothies, fruits and veggies and protein. Having trouble avoiding pizza. But I don't eat any sugar or caffeine. I miss my coffee. Don't like tea. 

Talk soon.   Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

55 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Frogie

i was doing well on my original taper. Went from 10 mg to 7.5 on the first of June. Sick for 2 weeks then felt great. Better than I have in years. Clear head. Lots of energy. The lex made me apathetic. 

I only waited a week or 2 and tried tapering.5 mg making my own liquid. Must have messed it up. Got sick and couldn't stabilize. Went up to 8 mg then 10 thinking I could start over. Bad idea. I had akathasia and insomnia for 2 months. Couldn't eat. Couldn't stop  trembling or moving. 

I ended up inpatient at Mayo Clinic. They brought me down 50% in a week. That helped the akathasia but I've been unwell ever since. I was taking xanax sporadically before that. They switched it Ativan x3 a day. I hate it. It doesn't really help. Now I have the fun of tapering that. Been trying to stabilize for 3 mo now. I've only had a few decent days but not a real window. 

I know the Ativan is pooping out and I think the lex just makes me sick. Never really helped but I was on it for 2 years. 

Itll be great to stay in touch. I'm glad you're doing well.     

My diet is pretty healthy. Mostly smoothies, fruits and veggies and protein. Having trouble avoiding pizza. But I don't eat any sugar or caffeine. I miss my coffee. Don't like tea. 

Talk soon.   Lg

You sound like me, went too fast and then got really sick. I'm not doing that again. I get nauseous 4-5 times a month or if I eat something my body has decided it doesn't like all of a sudden. I was sick in October. Had ear infections and strep. Was on 4 different antibiotics. I'm just now feeling better. You are lucky to be by a Mayo Clinic to get help. I live in nowhere land with wheat, corn, cows and tumble weeds. My fiancé got a job out here. We are hoping to be able to move back home next year. I think I'll heal a lot better being with family and friends. Right now I only have 1 friend and you saw everyone call her the nut lady she is. After the holidays we are going on a diet so we will be eating a lot better. You just need to hold, hold and hold some more. I know it's hard but that's the only way you can stabilize. I learned from 1st hand experience. I eat things I shouldn't. But we do eat somewhat healthy.  I eat chocolate once in a while and I have 1-2 cokes a day. Used to drink a 12 pack. I drink water. I'm not giving up my coke lol... I quit smoking almost 2 years ago. Don't miss that at all. That's great that you have a healthy diet. It will be good to stay in touch, we certainly can help each other.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

How long did you have to hold before you started your taper again? It's been 3 months without a good window but I've had some decent days. Today is a bad day. So nauseous and pounding headache. I also have dp/dr and anxiety. The cog fog is the worse. They say it gets better but most days I have my doubts. I'm normally very active. This sitting around is driving me crazy. I just want my life back. 

My my son and his girlfriend were just here and I cried. I do that a lot lately. It just comes. Can't seem to control it. 

I live in a "town" of 100 people. I love the country. But I'm not far from anything. Only fifty miles from Chicago and 5 miles from the burbs.  So I'm very close to where I grew up and my family. I understand you being homesick. I see my family all the time. Maybe too much. My brothers have been avoiding me a bit more lately. I'm not very good company right now. And they don't believe I'm in withdrawal. They think the drugs are toxic to me so I should just stop taking them. So they don't want to hear about it because I choose to not go off them. 

I hope you have have a good night, Frogie. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I can't wait to say that. 

xx lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi frogie 

‘well I hope your visits to the loo have eased without having to take the Imodium. I get it when the W/d symptoms all rear their ugly head which is frequently at the moment. The Imodium does seem to balance me for a while. I am going to make myself go with my husband to the supermarket today which has a chemist so will look for the phenergan. 

How lovely to have a fiancé who cooks, we starve when I am incapable of cooking. Hope you enjoyed your spaghetti and it stayed in your stomach. 

Im sure you will be looking forward to seeing your granddaughter over Christmas and will be counting the days. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie 

‘well I hope your visits to the loo have eased without having to take the Imodium. I get it when the W/d symptoms all rear their ugly head which is frequently at the moment. The Imodium does seem to balance me for a while. I am going to make myself go with my husband to the supermarket today which has a chemist so will look for the phenergan. 

How lovely to have a fiancé who cooks, we starve when I am incapable of cooking. Hope you enjoyed your spaghetti and it stayed in your stomach. 

Im sure you will be looking forward to seeing your granddaughter over Christmas and will be counting the days. 

Hi Scorpio:

My visits have let up thank you. No more diarrhea, but I go 4-5 times a day. That's my normal. A lot of people on here say they go that many times. Imodium does help, but sometimes I get constipated the day after, but not too bad. Over where you live, you don't have to have a prescription for Phenergran? I have to here in the US ? I don't quite understand your health care system. I know you don't pay for it, like we do, but you can get meds without a dr? Somethings we can. But antibiotics, things like that we have to have a prescription. My fiancé is a great cook. I'm lucky. But he does get frustrated because I don't work. He works all day then has to come home and cook. The spaghetti was really good. I need to get a hold of my daughter in law and make plans to see my granddaughter.

I hope you feel better today. My back still hurts. I don't know how long it takes muscles to heal.

Take care,

Frogie xx

15 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

How long did you have to hold before you started your taper again? It's been 3 months without a good window but I've had some decent days. Today is a bad day. So nauseous and pounding headache. I also have dp/dr and anxiety. The cog fog is the worse. They say it gets better but most days I have my doubts. I'm normally very active. This sitting around is driving me crazy. I just want my life back. 

My my son and his girlfriend were just here and I cried. I do that a lot lately. It just comes. Can't seem to control it. 

I live in a "town" of 100 people. I love the country. But I'm not far from anything. Only fifty miles from Chicago and 5 miles from the burbs.  So I'm very close to where I grew up and my family. I understand you being homesick. I see my family all the time. Maybe too much. My brothers have been avoiding me a bit more lately. I'm not very good company right now. And they don't believe I'm in withdrawal. They think the drugs are toxic to me so I should just stop taking them. So they don't want to hear about it because I choose to not go off them. 

I hope you have have a good night, Frogie. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I can't wait to say that. 

xx lg

Hi LG:

I was stupid, if you look at my signature you will see I kept going up and down. I finally stabilized at 10mg in October, 2016 and held until January, 2017, then only went down to 9mg. Then in March, 2017, I had to go back up because I couldn't stabilize again until June, 2017. Then I finally started to taper. I could be a lot farther along if I didn't have all the problems. So I took a long time. Just take your time. I've been on these horrible meds for 20 years. I don't know how long you've been on them. I cry. I think that's normal. When you are on the meds you are numb. Then coming off you get emotions, which I think is good. I'm an only child, so I don't have anyone like that to stay away from me. My oldest son, his wife, my granddaughter and my Uncle live 2 1/2 hours away. We moved from my home town 4 years ago to a town of 600 people in the middle of nowhere so my fiancé could get this job. It's horrible. People are so clickish and mean in this town. I just want to go home. My fiancé said we will next year. He has to get 5 years in so he will get his retirement. I don't see anyone. Can't say that. My Uncle comes out for holidays, and last year my oldest son, his wife and my granddaughter surprised me on Christmas. That was great. They don't come out. I live 16 miles from a Shopko ( a very small expensive Walmart type store), 2 dollar stores and a Safeway that gas no bakery or deli. I miss malls and stores bad. You are lucky to be close to family and stores.

I have days that I don't feel good. I get anxiety and stress, which my therapist and I are working on, so when I go off the Xanax I can deal with it naturally. Lots of breathing exercises and meditation, which I don't do. I sit with my 16 year old chihuahua, Brownie and watch tv. I watch the game shows and shopping channel. Can't watch the news, makes me too anxious. But I get nausea a lot. 

You just have to be patient. I know that's easier said than done. But it will happen for you.

I'm glad we met and can help each other.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey frogie

yeah I made huge mistakes too. A little over 2 years ago I took no meds. Now I've got 4 to taper. I'm trying to be patient, Scorpio might not agree, but it's getting harder as I see little improvement. I'm pretty scared. 

Is that hat the town you moved from, where your son and uncle live?  It's a haul but not too far to visit periodically. My daughter and her husband only live 10 min from me. I watch my grandbabies a few days a week. They're 5 yrs. and 20 mo. It's been trying times during the  wd. I've had help from my mom and my husband jumps in to help when he gets home from work. He's been cooking also. We're spoiled. His cooking means grilling. I'm not a big meat eater but I eat a little. More of the side dishes. 

I dont watch the news much either. Definitely makes the stress rise. I'm not a huge fan of tv. There's a few sitcoms I like. There's usually a game on and I read or do puzzles when my husband watches. I'd rather be outside. 

Hope me you're having a good day. Talk later xx lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Hi frogie

thank goodness you have had some relief and your stomach is settling. I think the Imodium is magic as it calms everything down. I’m sorry your back is still painful. I damaged mine a few years ago, tore two discs and the marrow leaked out and went into the nerve canal. So painful after a few months it healed but is a delicate back now and every so often goes. It went a couple of months ago - my grandson - oh it really knocked my w/d symptoms badly as well as the pain. Fortunately it healed within three or four weeks so I got lucky for once. 

Ive just looked again for the phenergan and yes I can get it online through independent pharmacy. 

Our health system is funded by our national insurance payments and taxes. So it is free but is overloaded with our crowded country and wage freezes doesn’t help with staffing. So the staff are overworked, demoralised, and the waiting lists are long for hips, cataracts etc. Doctors surgeries which are also free are getting more difficult to make appointments to see any doctor let alone the dr you want to see. 

Your fiance sounds a star but I’m sure he just wants you better like mine. 

I woke up with the ever present anxiety ripping me apart again but I was able to get up.  Managed to go to the food store,  cooked a roast dinner for us and took plates round to my daughter and son in law plus one to mash for Jude. They always used to come here Monday night for dinner but now Jude is in more of a routine it clashes with his bedtime.  They live close by so just whip it round and grabbed a quick cuddle as well. 

My running to the loo is gone for the time being thank goodness but every morning I get the loose reaction to the anxiety. Lovely. I never dreamed I would one day wish for a normal loo visit. 

Look after your back and as you already know best cure sit comfortably with brownie. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Hi Frogie

Just stopping by to say I hope you are doing better with the tummy and back problems. Also hope you enjoy your Uncle's visit for Thanksgiving.

Take care of yourself and Brownie.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

21 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey frogie

yeah I made huge mistakes too. A little over 2 years ago I took no meds. Now I've got 4 to taper. I'm trying to be patient, Scorpio might not agree, but it's getting harder as I see little improvement. I'm pretty scared. 

Is that hat the town you moved from, where your son and uncle live?  It's a haul but not too far to visit periodically. My daughter and her husband only live 10 min from me. I watch my grandbabies a few days a week. They're 5 yrs. and 20 mo. It's been trying times during the  wd. I've had help from my mom and my husband jumps in to help when he gets home from work. He's been cooking also. We're spoiled. His cooking means grilling. I'm not a big meat eater but I eat a little. More of the side dishes. 

I dont watch the news much either. Definitely makes the stress rise. I'm not a huge fan of tv. There's a few sitcoms I like. There's usually a game on and I read or do puzzles when my husband watches. I'd rather be outside. 

Hope me you're having a good day. Talk later xx lg

Hi LG:

My Uncle and friends live in my hometown. My granddaughter lives about 20 minutes away. It was so nice when I was there. Even though I was still alone, I didn't feel alone. I could have my granddaughter almost anytime I wanted. And there were stores. I could jump in the car and go to any store within 10 minutes. My fiancés mom and dad live there too. I'm really close to his mom. It's been a really hard and challenging 4 years. I wish we could just pack up now, but we have to save to move, and need to fix up our mobile that we live in so we can rent it out. We have a small rental house on the same piece of property and have great renters. They are the ones we had dinner with Saturday night.

I'm sorry you got on these horrible meds. It's sooooo hard to get off. And they mess with every part of your system from your head to your toes literally. 

Please, please, go slow. I'm here now. We will do it together.

At least you don't have the diarrhea and nausea like I do, or do you?

I'm waiting for my fiancé to call to see if he wants to go to lunch with my Uncle and I. The town 16 miles away has a McDonald's, Arby's, Subway, and Burger King, so we can have that once in a while.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well everyone,

No more diarrhea, but I have a question. It doesn't have anything to do with WD.

You all know I pulled the muscles in my lower back carrying something to heavy last week.

Does anyone know how long it takes to heal? It's still killing me!

Thanks for any information.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie

i know others have mentioned heat for your back but I believe ice is the key. Heat causes more inflammation though it feels so much better. 

Fast food is a great treat once in awhile. Especially since you don’t have it close. I take my grandkids to McDonald’s once in awhile even though I’d prefer to feed them something a little healthier. The playland is a good way to kill time on a rainy day. And of course they love the happy meals. 

One more ore year til you can go home. That time will fly by. And by then you’ll be off the lex and tapering the xanax. Glad your uncle is with you for thanksgiving. Are you cooking a turkey dinner?

my sister in law is doing it this year and taking it to my moms house. I usually host the holidays but am taking a pass this year. 

Yes i I do get the nausea. Every day for 5 months now. Headaches too. But the pain has lessened on most days, where I can take a Tylenol and alleviate it. 

You are chomping at the bit to go shopping. Ha.   I’m not a big shopper but when you get me into a store, I go crazy. I bought 5 dresses last week for a wedding in December.  I returned 3 and a sweater my daughter thought was ugly. Do you have a Costco in your home town?  That’s one store I love. One stop shopping. 

Enjoy your lunch. Hope your fiancé can join you.    Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

4 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey Frogie

i know others have mentioned heat for your back but I believe ice is the key. Heat causes more inflammation though it feels so much better. 

Fast food is a great treat once in awhile. Especially since you don’t have it close. I take my grandkids to McDonald’s once in awhile even though I’d prefer to feed them something a little healthier. The playland is a good way to kill time on a rainy day. And of course they love the happy meals. 

One more ore year til you can go home. That time will fly by. And by then you’ll be off the lex and tapering the xanax. Glad your uncle is with you for thanksgiving. Are you cooking a turkey dinner?

my sister in law is doing it this year and taking it to my moms house. I usually host the holidays but am taking a pass this year. 

Yes i I do get the nausea. Every day for 5 months now. Headaches too. But the pain has lessened on most days, where I can take a Tylenol and alleviate it. 

You are chomping at the bit to go shopping. Ha.   I’m not a big shopper but when you get me into a store, I go crazy. I bought 5 dresses last week for a wedding in December.  I returned 3 and a sweater my daughter thought was ugly. Do you have a Costco in your home town?  That’s one store I love. One stop shopping. 

Enjoy your lunch. Hope your fiancé can join you.    Lg

Hi LG:

My fiancé said ice. I've been putting heat on it. I took 1 ibuprofen and now have ice on it. It's been a week . I would think it would heal by now. If it's not better tomorrow I think I might go see the chiropractor. The only bad thing is they always want you to come back, and I won't. My fiancé just called and said I have to go today because of thanksgiving, they aren't open tomorrow-Friday.,so I think I'll call them.

We didn't go to lunch yesterday. My fiancé was working in town, so he came home for lunch. That's ok, I got to see him. Then my Uncle and I went to Shopko and he got my granddaughter an outfit for Christmas. I think she will love it. She loves "comfy" pants (sweats and lounge pants). So he got her a pair of those and a cute fleece shirt to go with it.

I'm done except for stocking stuffers for my fiancé and Uncle and a chocolate Santa for my granddaughter. I just need to wrap them, yuck.

I miss shopping a lot, no we don't have a Costco, it's 175 miles away. We have a membership though. We will get back to it when we move. 

I hope it goes fast. My fiancé said he is finding the job that he wants and we aren't going anywhere again. That's what he said this morning. But got to get the work done so we can rent our place out. He us going to start after Thanksgiving with the bathroom. 

I hope I'm done with Lexapro by then.

I hope you feel better soon. Nausea is no fun. I had it a lot.

Usually we do our own Thanksgiving, but I think we are going to my fiancés family. Not sure yet.

Thanks for the information on the ice I'll try it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I'm sorry to hear about your back still bothering you Frogie. I've found that back injuries are like ADWD and take a long time to sort them selves out. Patience and being gentle on yourself are the key. The first step is to get the pain under control and then slowly work on stretching it out and getting it relaxed without re injuring it.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, brassmonkey said:

I'm sorry to hear about your back still bothering you Frogie. I've found that back injuries are like ADWD and take a long time to sort them selves out. Patience and being gentle on yourself are the key. The first step is to get the pain under control and then slowly work on stretching it out and getting it relaxed without re injuring it.

Thanks Brassmonkey:

I've been putting ice/heat on it. And stretching.

It's my spine that hurts, so hopefully the chiropractor can make me feel better.

Thanks for caring.

Hope you are having a good time.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah.....me too.  Bummer on the back pain.   I hope it's just spasms, and the chiro is very healing.  As well as maybe giving you some simple posture exercises to help prevent further mishaps.

I don't have to do much Christmas shopping.  Wish I could get all generous with some of the great nephews and niece........the outfits, the toys are really fun to look at.   Oh......I meant the one great niece and nephew, I haven't even met yet in person.  As well as the once removed(divorce) 2 young boy nephews that I'll see Thursday!   After all......Christmas is for kids, especially.  I sure love it too most years wherever I am.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I hope it goes fast. My fiancé said he is finding the job that he wants and we aren't going anywhere again. That's what he said this morning. But got to get the work done so we can rent our place out. He us going to start after Thanksgiving with the bathroom. 

I hope I'm done with Lexapro by then.

Yay......new bathroom by Christmas.......:D;)......maybe.  I hope it gets done quick.  Do you get into any of the remodeling stuff too? 

Good that brass came by.......he can help you with the bm slide method.  You'll only be going down .49 mg(or about 1/2 mg. or .5 mg.) on your next drop, correct?  Or less if you do choose to do the bm slide method.   Which will be a month or 6 weeks from your last drop.

Gobble, gobble, gratitude greetings,

Love,

mmt 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Did you get an appt with chiro. today? Ice give you any relief?

Good for you getting your Xmas shopping done. I started but have already given Madelyn some of her gifts. Can’t help it. Your granddaughter will love that gift. I always wear comfy pants around the house. Victoria’s Secret has the most comfy yoga pants. Been wearing them for years. 

So, if you go to the in laws for thanksgiving, then you can see your son and his family?? They’re in the same area, right?  That would be nice. 

My grandkids will be here any minute, so I better psyche myself up. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, Frogie.    xx lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

8 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Yah.....me too.  Bummer on the back pain.   I hope it's just spasms, and the chiro is very healing.  As well as maybe giving you some simple posture exercises to help prevent further mishaps.

I don't have to do much Christmas shopping.  Wish I could get all generous with some of the great nephews and niece........the outfits, the toys are really fun to look at.  After all......Christmas is for kids, especially.  I sure love it too most years wherever I am.

Yay......new bathroom by Christmas.......:D;)......maybe.  I hope it gets done quick.  Do you get into any of the remodeling stuff too? 

Good that brass came by.......he can help you with the bm slide method.  You'll only be going down .49 mg(or about 1/2 mg. or .5 mg.) on your next drop, correct?  Or less if you do choose to do the bm slide method.   Which will be a month or 6 weeks from your last drop.

Gobble, gobble, gratitude greetings,

Love,

mmt 

Hi MMT:

I'm not doing any of the remodeling. Our neighbor is helping my fiancé. It will be done before Christmas.

I haven't tried the bm slide, I haven't decided what I'm going to do.

I want my back to stop hurting first.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Littlegrandma said:

Did you get an appt with chiro. today? Ice give you any relief?

Good for you getting your Xmas shopping done. I started but have already given Madelyn some of her gifts. Can’t help it. Your granddaughter will love that gift. I always wear comfy pants around the house. Victoria’s Secret has the most comfy yoga pants. Been wearing them for years. 

So, if you go to the in laws for thanksgiving, then you can see your son and his family?? They’re in the same area, right?  That would be nice. 

My grandkids will be here any minute, so I better psyche myself up. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, Frogie.    xx lg

Hi LG:

I got the last appt today. Hopefully he can help. It's in my spine and radiates out. So it has to be out.

I ordered everything online. I don't like doing that, but no stores :(

I doubt I'll get to see my kids, they are busy with my daughter in laws family. They don't think.

Have fun with your grandkids. 

Hope me you are having a better day today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes.....I want your back to stop hurting ASAP too.  Back pain.......ooouch!!!!   I had sciatica a few times.......radiated out and could not move.  I had to just go stand up against a wall until it passed.

Ice, heat, antiinflammatories, etc.  And the best chiro out there!!!!  Just get flat on your back in a comfy spot with brownie/t.v./books/computer/etc. and stay there until then.

Healing wishes and prayers.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hey Frogie 

any relief from the back pain today? Hope so. And hope everything else is good!     Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

18 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey Frogie 

any relief from the back pain today? Hope so. And hope everything else is good!     Lg

Hi LG:

It felt great after the chiropractor yesterday, but woke up hurting this morning. And the chiropractor is gone until next week because of Thanksgiving.

And now I have a lot of anxiety. I'm sure it's because of my back.

Hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

21 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes.....I want your back to stop hurting ASAP too.  Back pain.......ooouch!!!!   I had sciatica a few times.......radiated out and could not move.  I had to just go stand up against a wall until it passed.

Ice, heat, antiinflammatories, etc.  And the best chiro out there!!!!  Just get flat on your back in a comfy spot with brownie/t.v./books/computer/etc. and stay there until then.

Healing wishes and prayers.

mmt

It felt great after the chiropractor yesterday, but this morning it's in pain! The chiropractor is gone until next week.

I guess I'll just suffer through it.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Oh this anxiety is horrible. Been up since 3 am trembling. Sorry you’re suffering too. Hope it gets better for both of us as the day goes on.  Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh this anxiety is horrible. Been up since 3 am trembling. Sorry you’re suffering too. Hope it gets better for both of us as the day goes on.  Lg

So sorry you are having anxiety. I hope it lets up soon.

I hope we both feel better soon!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

good to know the chiropractor helped but sorry it’s hurting again today. The anxiety is a common theme it seems today. Ripping me apart since I woke up, but it’s the same most days. 

Just be kind to yourself, giving your back time to heal is best. When it eases, I was told to do lay on floor, knees up, take both legs from side to side. Also lay on floor, knees up and lift bottom off floor doing pelvic exercise. There are others I was taught if you want more just ask. 

26 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

good to know the chiropractor helped but sorry it’s hurting again today. The anxiety is a common theme it seems today. Ripping me apart since I woke up, but it’s the same most days. 

Just be kind to yourself, giving your back time to heal is best. When it eases, I was told to do lay on floor, knees up, take both legs from side to side. Also lay on floor, knees up and lift bottom off floor doing pelvic exercise. There are others I was taught if you want more just ask. 

Scorpio:

Thanks so much, it must be anxiety day. No fun at all for any of us.

I felt so good when I left the chiropractor yesterday, today it's back where it was. And now he's gone until after Thanksgiving. I don't know if I should try to get into the dr or what. Maybe he can give me some pain pills. But I don't know what would happen with my WD and pain pills?

Any help would be great!

I'm in tears. :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I don't know whether you know this, but the idea is that the area which has been damaged (your back), is actually being further damaged deliberately which will cause the patient more pain TEMPORARILY.

The point being to break down the muscle fibres that have been damaged so that they heal correctly.  This is why it is called "manipulation".

Your chiropractor will have made some corrections by a matter of mm's, so that the damaged areas can heal correctly.

Hope this makes sense.  I know this because I had months of osteo!

Painkillers would be a wise move to keep you functioning.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

7 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

I don't know whether you know this, but the idea is that the area which has been damaged (your back), is actually being further damaged deliberately which will cause the patient more pain TEMPORARILY.

The point being to break down the muscle fibres that have been damaged so that they heal correctly.  This is why it is called "manipulation".

Your chiropractor will have made some corrections by a matter of mm's, so that the damaged areas can heal correctly.

Hope this makes sense.  I know this because I had months of osteo!

Painkillers would be a wise move to keep you functioning.

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

I have been through this back in March, but my upper back. 

I called the dr and I have an appt. I'm hoping I can get a muscle relaxer and pain pill just to get through the weekend. Then when the chiropractor gets back after Thanksgiving I'll go back to him.

What muscle relaxer and pain pill would you suggest on my WD? It would be great to have some input.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Just now, Frogie said:

JC:

I have been through this back in March, but my upper back. 

I called the dr and I have an appt. I'm hoping I can get a muscle relaxer and pain pill just to get through the weekend. Then when the chiropractor gets back after Thanksgiving I'll go back to him.

What muscle relaxer and pain pill would you suggest on my WD? It would be great to have some input.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well, I was prescribed a couple of extremely powerful painkillers by a doctor at ER.

Naxopren, I think was one and I don't remember the other one.

Be sparing with them though as there are side effects like drowsiness.

Hope you get some relief soon.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Well, I was prescribed a couple of extremely powerful painkillers by a doctor at ER.

Naxopren, I think was one and I don't remember the other one.

Be sparing with them though as there are side effects like drowsiness.

Hope you get some relief soon.

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks JC:

I really appreciate your help.

I'm supposed to make a 2 1/2 trip one way tomorrow for Thanksgiving. 

I'm going to google muscle relaxers and see what I can come up with.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I hope someone can answer my question before I go to the dr in a couple of hours:

As everyone knows, I hurt my back over a week ago. I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and felt really good. This morning I woke up hurting just as bad as I was. The chiropractor won't be back until next week because of Thanksgiving.

I have a dr appt in a couple of hours. I want to know if I can take like 800mg ibuprofen and a pain pill, which pain pill? Just to get me through the weekend. I take Lexapro and Xanax.

Thanks for the help!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

i can’t help.  I’m so sorry but I don’t take any pain killers apart from regular paracetamol. 

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

i can’t help.  I’m so sorry but I don’t take any pain killers apart from regular paracetamol. 

Thanks Scorpio, I appreciate you trying to help. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

is your doctor sympathetic. Does he know anything about withdrawal or just like the rest of them. I can’t think of anything to suggest. When mine went the first time I was prescribed co-proxamol. Which is codeine and paracetamol. Strong and way too strong for me so only took one dose and gave up. The other drug was diazepam and I certainly don’t recommend that either. 

Im so sorry you are enduring this as well as w/d. It’s miserable. And only wish I could help more. 

Hopefully the doctor can help. Let ya know what he says. 

Thinking of you.