SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hi Frogie

I so know how you feel.  Sometimes when I have been busy working and see my husband watching TV and reading the paper, I feel real resentment towards him, but I know he is old and tired and still works hard in his own way.

I too spent many years on low benefits and dependent on my husband, I know what that feels like.  Even now I don't think we can really afford to live separately.  Then I think of all those years when I was very ill and he did everything in the house as well as the farm, and I remind myself of his good points.

Life is very complicated and relationships with men are totally out of my understanding.

Having your house upside down, being miles from where you want to be, not sure of when and if you will move, is all extremely unsettling to say the least.  Moving is inherently stressful even if you really want to move.

Try to discuss the essentials like when and if you are going to move to try to clear the air, and then try to ignore the rest.  Don't sweat or cry over the small stuff and try to clarify the big stuff.  Count your blessings too, he is in your life, I think to be on your own would be even harder?

We are all just muddling through life Frogie.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh......10 year old.  Okay.......like a mini teenager probably.......man, they grow up fast these days.  She might be able to handle a couch though and shorter stay?   Did you say 2 weeks was your original plan of having her?  Or maybe it was she is due to come in 2 weeks.  For how long?  Try not to stress it all.......tis hard, I know.

And yes, that does sound like a full house and yah.........could be way too much.......preschoolers, toddler,  and baby around the clock without your own bedroom.

Just a thought.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Frogie

I have just read your new reply.  Perhaps you feel your fiancée could be more understanding and helpful, if that is the case that is tough.

We all make mistakes with men.  This is my second husband, my first was a total disaster, but even my second husband isn't brilliant, he is basically a good sound man, but he can be cruel.  Once when I was in a psychiatric unit he stopped visiting me, he brought me some clothes and said he wasn't coming back again, which he didn't for weeks.  It meant I didn't see my children and he left me entirely on my own when I never needed him more.  I have never forgiven him.  It made me realise that we are all indeed truly on our own.  The other day he said to me it was time for me to start caring for him a bit more and others (as a job) a bit less.  I reminded him of the time he abandoned me, no way would I give up all my work to look after him.

So you see Frogie, we all have these niggles and resentments, or at least I have.

I don't even tell my husband now I am trying to reduce my pills a bit, he doesn't understand really, I keep a lot to myself, but that is a lonely place.

Joy

Frogie

complain away!! That’s what we’re here for.  Honey, everything is just magnified right now cuz you don’t feel good. And it sucks we can’t do the things we used to. It’s such a helpless feeling. We’re dependent on everyone else to do things, I guess on their own time. 

Maybe he will surprise you and work his butt off to get it done. He knows how important it is to you. 

Just ask him if he thinks he can have it done. And then duck if he has the remote in his hand. Ha

but remember, he’s doing the work of 2 people now.  Unfortunately, maybe your granddaughter’s visit will have to be delayed. 

My husband rarely snaps at me. He used to as I did too. But we’ve been married 35 yrs and have mellowed. I don’t have the energy and I think he’s too scared of this wd, so he’s been treating me like glass. He walks away,  I think , when he’s going to snap. Probably doesn’t want anymore crying. 

Im feeling really bad today. Nauseating anxiety through the roof. Does your xanax work for you anymore? I know the Ativan isn’t working for me. I’m only sleeping a few hours. Gets less and less every night. I wake with the cortisol rush. And tremble all day. Somethings got to give. Can’t take much more. I’m trapped in my house. Paralyzed to do anything. 

How long have have you been on xanax?  Did you have anxiety when you started your taper. Don’t see any end in sight and I’m getting desperate to do something.   Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

I so know how you feel.  Sometimes when I have been busy working and see my husband watching TV and reading the paper, I feel real resentment towards him, but I know he is old and tired and still works hard in his own way.

I too spent many years on low benefits and dependent on my husband, I know what that feels like.  Even now I don't think we can really afford to live separately.  Then I think of all those years when I was very ill and he did everything in the house as well as the farm, and I remind myself of his good points.

Life is very complicated and relationships with men are totally out of my understanding.

Having your house upside down, being miles from where you want to be, not sure of when and if you will move, is all extremely unsettling to say the least.  Moving is inherently stressful even if you really want to move.

Try to discuss the essentials like when and if you are going to move to try to clear the air, and then try to ignore the rest.  Don't sweat or cry over the small stuff and try to clarify the big stuff.  Count your blessings too, he is in your life, I think to be on your own would be even harder?

We are all just muddling through life Frogie.

Joy

Joy

VERY wise words!

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

20 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

your building work sounds wonderful and your granddaughter will be thrilled with her own en suite. How on earth can men work like that not getting all the necessary equipment needed before starting. Different breed to us organised women. 

The only thing I am taking for the nausea is peppermint tea I find it disgusting and not even sure it helps but at least it is something. I managed to change the sheets and do the laundry but that was it for me today the rest of it was spent feeling very sorry for myself on the settee. 

Chiming in on jungle chicken, LG and your comments - men just can’t cope when we are going through this. Their default is get help, get well, see results,  this is too far outside their comfort zone and they are helpless. Men don’t like that feeling. 

I

LOL Scorpio!!!!

Yes, it sure is :)

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

I won't address this post to any of you ladies specifically but will rather post it more generally, but if you think that acceptance of withdrawal as a "real thing"  is a "male-female" issue that is not accurate and, to be honest, is somewhat disparaging of those of us men that are going through the process.  I can tell you that I suffer with the same thing, i.e., that my wife thinks this is something that you should just be able to "get over" and move on from.  Of course, things about "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" become socially acceptable memes or sterotypes because there is a broad and general accuracy about them.  HOWEVER, as all things it is subject to many, many exceptions and, being one of those exceptions, the overgeneralization is somewhat offensive to be completely candid.

I suffer with being misunderstood the same way you all do and the fact that many would see me and think of me as a "guy's guy" and not have any idea that I am "in touch with my female side" -- as I've said 3 daughters and a wife will do that to you -- does not make it any easier to deal with.  The fact that any of you have men in your lives who are not willing to accept and help you with this most difficult process is less about their gender and more about their personal makeup.  My suspicion is that it is easier for you to write it off as "boys will be boys" because the reality would require you to look at the men you have chosen to get close to in your lives and that is not necessarily a pleasant thing to have to do.

No offense intended by this post, but I found it a lot easier to accept the weeks of "female issues" posts (as I follow most of your threads) than I do to accept this line of conversation.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi apace41

please accept my apologies if you were upset. I don’t think any of us meant it as man/woman thing more as partners not understanding. My husband and many of my family and friends are the same - ill- get doctor - mend. That is because they feel helpless, not from lack of care or love, but hating us suffering in this awful way and can’t help us to get better. 

I appreciate both men and women on this site are suffering equally and we all have problems with our partners understanding. 

Scorpio

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Hi Andy

I am sorry if  my post to Frogie has caused you offence.  It wasn't my intention to upset any men reading it.

I appreciate that there are many men too who suffer with WD.   

It was more to do with how our partners (whether we are male or female) deal with WD. It can put a tremendous strain on a relationship . My 'Mars and Venus' comment was a generalisation and of course this doesn't take account of individuals - we are all different !  Please know it  wasn't  meant to be offensive in anyway.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

3 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh......10 year old.  Okay.......like a mini teenager probably.......man, they grow up fast these days.  She might be able to handle a couch though and shorter stay?   Did you say 2 weeks was your original plan of having her?  Or maybe it was she is due to come in 2 weeks.  For how long?  Try not to stress it all.......tis hard, I know.

And yes, that does sound like a full house and yah.........could be way too much.......preschoolers, toddler,  and baby around the clock without your own bedroom.

Just a thought.

I can't get to any of her stuff because of the hole in the floor. She wants to come in 2 weeks. But she will only stay for a weekends.

That house is too crazy for me right now.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

I won't address this post to any of you ladies specifically but will rather post it more generally, but if you think that acceptance of withdrawal as a "real thing"  is a "male-female" issue that is not accurate and, to be honest, is somewhat disparaging of those of us men that are going through the process.  I can tell you that I suffer with the same thing, i.e., that my wife thinks this is something that you should just be able to "get over" and move on from.  Of course, things about "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" become socially acceptable memes or sterotypes because there is a broad and general accuracy about them.  HOWEVER, as all things it is subject to many, many exceptions and, being one of those exceptions, the overgeneralization is somewhat offensive to be completely candid.

I suffer with being misunderstood the same way you all do and the fact that many would see me and think of me as a "guy's guy" and not have any idea that I am "in touch with my female side" -- as I've said 3 daughters and a wife will do that to you -- does not make it any easier to deal with.  The fact that any of you have men in your lives who are not willing to accept and help you with this most difficult process is less about their gender and more about their personal makeup.  My suspicion is that it is easier for you to write it off as "boys will be boys" because the reality would require you to look at the men you have chosen to get close to in your lives and that is not necessarily a pleasant thing to have to do.

No offense intended by this post, but I found it a lot easier to accept the weeks of "female issues" posts (as I follow most of your threads) than I do to accept this line of conversation.

Best,

Andy

Andy:

I am very sorry. I never meant to offend anyone, I think and would hope you know that.

I started this because my fiancé tore up one of our bathrooms and 1/2 of my granddaughters bedroom. Now my granddaughter wants to come visit, which of course she can't because there is no wall between the bedroom or bathroom and a huge hole in the floor of her bedroom, also nothing but the studs in the bathroom. No floor, walls, nothing.

I went online and put everything in a list on Home Depot. I told him. I went to ask him a question while we were watching football yesterday. He put the tv on pause and told me he was done for the weekend and wasn't talking about it anymore. It just really hurt.

Here's my granddaughter that finally wants to come out and see me, and I can't even get an answer out of him when it might be done. Then I can make plans. If I knew how to do walls and subfloors I would do it. I know how to do drywall and I can set a vanity and toilet, but know nothing about a bathtub and the wall enclosure. Or tile.

I never meant it by gender. But I am a female and he is a male. I think he's still upset with me because we couldn't go to his family's for Thanksgiving and couldn't do anything at all because of my back. I'm just really frustrated because he has a tendency to start something and not finish it. Just an example. We moved here 4 years ago, and still don't have baseboards in the 2 bedrooms and he said he wasn't buying them right now. So when do we get to finish the floors? That's all I wanted to know. But boy I better get insurance and license plates on the trailer, like yesterday, so he can use it. I did it 1st thing this morning.

He's not the same man I fell in love with. He used to be caring. Now he is cold hearted and acts just like his brother. I've told him that and he just tells me I'm lucky I have a place to live. I don't know where he gets that, I was the one that put 1/2 the money down on this place and financed the other 1/2. It was my money, not his. And my name is on this place too.

I think he's having problems at work. But he just holds everything in and let's me have it in other ways. I'll be so glad when he finds a new job and we can go home.

I just got on here and told my story, because I have no one else to talk to. 

Please accept my apology. I know you are probably having one HUGE h**l of a time with 3 daughters and a wife. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes at all.

Will you please forgive me? I need you!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

4 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Frogie

complain away!! That’s what we’re here for.  Honey, everything is just magnified right now cuz you don’t feel good. And it sucks we can’t do the things we used to. It’s such a helpless feeling. We’re dependent on everyone else to do things, I guess on their own time. 

Maybe he will surprise you and work his butt off to get it done. He knows how important it is to you. 

Just ask him if he thinks he can have it done. And then duck if he has the remote in his hand. Ha

but remember, he’s doing the work of 2 people now.  Unfortunately, maybe your granddaughter’s visit will have to be delayed. 

My husband rarely snaps at me. He used to as I did too. But we’ve been married 35 yrs and have mellowed. I don’t have the energy and I think he’s too scared of this wd, so he’s been treating me like glass. He walks away,  I think , when he’s going to snap. Probably doesn’t want anymore crying. 

Im feeling really bad today. Nauseating anxiety through the roof. Does your xanax work for you anymore? I know the Ativan isn’t working for me. I’m only sleeping a few hours. Gets less and less every night. I wake with the cortisol rush. And tremble all day. Somethings got to give. Can’t take much more. I’m trapped in my house. Paralyzed to do anything. 

How long have have you been on xanax?  Did you have anxiety when you started your taper. Don’t see any end in sight and I’m getting desperate to do something.   Lg

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad today. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm nauseous today, but it's all just nerves. 

He will get it done when he gets it done I guess. I can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do.

I've been on Xanax a long time. You would have to look at my signature. But I don't think it does anything anymore. But if I were to stop it I'm sure I would find out it is doing something.

I just hope he gets it done quickly, so I can have my granddaughter.

Take care,

Frogie xx

4 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

I have just read your new reply.  Perhaps you feel your fiancée could be more understanding and helpful, if that is the case that is tough.

We all make mistakes with men.  This is my second husband, my first was a total disaster, but even my second husband isn't brilliant, he is basically a good sound man, but he can be cruel.  Once when I was in a psychiatric unit he stopped visiting me, he brought me some clothes and said he wasn't coming back again, which he didn't for weeks.  It meant I didn't see my children and he left me entirely on my own when I never needed him more.  I have never forgiven him.  It made me realise that we are all indeed truly on our own.  The other day he said to me it was time for me to start caring for him a bit more and others (as a job) a bit less.  I reminded him of the time he abandoned me, no way would I give up all my work to look after him.

So you see Frogie, we all have these niggles and resentments, or at least I have.

I don't even tell my husband now I am trying to reduce my pills a bit, he doesn't understand really, I keep a lot to myself, but that is a lonely place.

Joy

Wow Joy:

I'm sorry he just left you. That's how some people think though.

My fiancé is a good man, but doesn't always think. But neither do I. 

I just wish he would have had everything bought and layed out before he started tearing down walls. I mean there is no wall between the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom has no walls, only studs and no floor in the bathroom and 1/2 of my granddaughters room. We live 150 miles away from getting all the stuff unless we want to pay 5 times more for it.

Oh well, I guess it will happen when it happens.

I just sit here and cry. Doesn't do any good, but can't help it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

I didn't think that any of you were intending to be mean when you posted what you did about your husbands not understanding what you were going through, and I know you are all sensitive to the fact that all of us, male or female, struggle in their own way with getting off these meds.  My point was simply to raise awareness to how things are said and how they might be interpreted. Sometimes we get into a habit of thinking that the small circle of people that we actively converse with are the only people that read what is written on SA and that is not the case. There are a lot of people who lurk but don't post and are considering whether or not to join the community.  

It's really not a big deal -- I was simply trying to reinforce the fact that withdrawal does not seem to discriminate, whether by gender, race, religion or nationality.  The only place where it might discriminate a little is in age where one can infer that people who are younger may "bounce back" faster than those who are older, but even there it is something of a random process.

No need to belabor this point further.  I'm not going anywhere, Frogie.  Don't sweat it.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

5 minutes ago, apace41 said:

I didn't think that any of you were intending to be mean when you posted what you did about your husbands not understanding what you were going through, and I know you are all sensitive to the fact that all of us, male or female, struggle in their own way with getting off these meds.  My point was simply to raise awareness to how things are said and how they might be interpreted. Sometimes we get into a habit of thinking that the small circle of people that we actively converse with are the only people that read what is written on SA and that is not the case. There are a lot of people who lurk but don't post and are considering whether or not to join the community.  

It's really not a big deal -- I was simply trying to reinforce the fact that withdrawal does not seem to discriminate, whether by gender, race, religion or nationality.  The only place where it might discriminate a little is in age where one can infer that people who are younger may "bounce back" faster than those who are older, but even there it is something of a random process.

No need to belabor this point further.  I'm not going anywhere, Frogie.  Don't sweat it.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

That is true, I wasn't thinking, as usual. I just wanted to rant and knew I could here. My fiancé can't read this. It's my "safe" place.

I will be more sensitive to gender/race/nationality before I open my BIG mouth.

I'm glad you aren't going anywhere, I really do need you.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, mine s***ed because I hurt my back before. Went to the dr and he wouldn't let me travel home to my fiancés family, so we stayed home. But as much as I complain about my fiancé right now, he made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. And I had my Uncle and Brownie.

Now to get the bathroom and bedroom done lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor
On 11/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, Frogie said:

I wake up every morning not wanting to get out of bed because I'm nauseaous.

Hi Frogie,

Are you still suffering with nausea? Gosh, I really hope not. You poor thing. Sorry to hear you had back problems over Thanksgiving.  Hang in there my friend.

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

26 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Frogie,

Are you still suffering with nausea? Gosh, I really hope not. You poor thing. Sorry to hear you had back problems over Thanksgiving.  Hang in there my friend.

RS

Hi RS:

I've had some nausea, but it's just nerves with everything going on. I'll be fine.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thank you everyone for helping me yesterday. You have no idea the way each one if you put it into perspective.

Each one of you had something good to think about.

I know I love my fiancé very much, but I also want away from this place so bad. Last night we were talking and he actually said, "When we move, maybe we can hire our renter to manage the property and we could pay him." I about fell out of my chair. He also mentioned selling him the property. So I don't know what's going on in his head.

My fiancé wants me to make an order today. Wow! But I have to do a "site to store" order. I don't know how. I asked him. He said just figure it out. If anyone knows Home Depot site to store, I would love some tips lol...

He is very stressed out at work and I think he has just about had it. But knows he has to push through to July for his 5 years.

And also about yesterday, again, I'm very sorry for everything that was said and done. I will think before I speak.

Please everyone accept my apology. It's just that my place is a mess, no walls, but we do have a subfloor now! That happened last night! My granddaughter wants to come and I can't have her until this is done, which is breaking my heart. I haven't seen her since August. And I want to go home. But it sounds like we are going to do that eventually.

I hope everyone has a very blessed day. I'm sitting here crying. I know it's WD, and I don't like the fact it controls my life at all, as anyone does.

Please write me back if you get time. I love to hear from each and everyone one of you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

well that’s lots of good news on the work front and fiancé front - it’s good when we can really talk to our partners. He is obviously very stressed with work and probably worrying about you. With withdrawal going on it can try the patience of a saint. We both had good news. Yesterday I was in a dreadful state with w/d hitting me terribly hard and new symptoms jumping onto the bandwagon I was so scared and told my husband I couldn’t take it anymore needed to see someone for help. He spent the day and most of the evening calming me down and telling me to stick with it better days will come.  Wow - first time, normally when I am going through hell he is the first one to try and march me off to the doctor. 

Well now you have a sub floor - brilliant, I think at the speed he is going you could still see you granddaughter over the holidays. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

16 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

well that’s lots of good news on the work front and fiancé front - it’s good when we can really talk to our partners. He is obviously very stressed with work and probably worrying about you. With withdrawal going on it can try the patience of a saint. We both had good news. Yesterday I was in a dreadful state with w/d hitting me terribly hard and new symptoms jumping onto the bandwagon I was so scared and told my husband I couldn’t take it anymore needed to see someone for help. He spent the day and most of the evening calming me down and telling me to stick with it better days will come.  Wow - first time, normally when I am going through hell he is the first one to try and march me off to the doctor. 

Well now you have a sub floor - brilliant, I think at the speed he is going you could still see you granddaughter over the holidays. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. 

Thanks Scorpio:

I'm sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. But your hubby was there for you.

We have a subfloor. No walls, still nothing ordered. It's a mess! My fiancé has a work meeting tonight, so nothing will happen tonight.

I hope he knows he's working wed, thurs, and the weekend. Not sitting here watching tv.

I've been in years most of the morning. He came home really quick, said what's wrong. I told him nothing, he said love you and out the door he went. 

I just give up!

But I'm really happy for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

well at least he came home and told you he loved you which is lovely.  The tears are the W/d. We both know it makes us ultra emotional. Let them fall, they are getting all those feelings out. I’m sure he will get stuck in with the work,  I just don’t understand why he doesn’t want to order anything. 

You can now think more positively about going back home next year. It will be here before you know it. These years stuck in the wilderness will soon be a distant memory for you. 

Hi Frogie

Don't worry a bit about anything you have said.  We are all doing our lives as best we can with withdrawal in the background.

Withdrawal intertwines with life and life with withdrawal, the two can not be separated.  It is essential to look at our full life pictures.

When I was once in hospital and very ill the psychiatrist said that usually there is something wrong with the whole family but the person admitted to the ward is the one who is most sensitive.  This made great sense at the time and I do think it is true.  It can be all about your ability to stand stress.

It sounds like your fiancée is thinking about your future in quite a productive way, but when he is working so hard and living in a disrupted house himself, he probably gets very fed up.  I can understand that.

I love hearing about your life and relationship, it really helps me with my relationship with my husband, which is basically sound but also prone to the stresses of life. 

House moving and hunting is very stressful, I have just started looking for our retirement home myself.  I said I wasn't going to start til after Christmas but my husband is really wanting to learn our farm now and handover to my son.  Although my husband's hips have both been replaced he gets pain if he does too much farm work.  Having just got off tramadol he doesn't want to have to start taking it again, but he may have to.  He has been bad tempered all afternoon, so I took myself off to bed with my laptop for a while. 

I reduced my citalopram by 1/10 mg on Saturday and Saturday night I had bad nightmares but since then have felt fine.  My only hope of reducing is to go extremely slowly. 

Tonight is good, I am at home and my husband is watching TV and we have the farm dog in the house with us.  The open fire is lit and everything is peaceful.

You are great Frogie, I love being your internet friend.  I so understand your situation, or at least I think I do!

I have another question for you Frogie, have your eyes changed as you have reduced your AD, as mine getter 'bigger' and 'more open and alert' with each drop of dosage, even the little drop at the weekend.  Again, you don't have to answer that if it is too personal.  It was really useful when you told me about your weight staying the same, and your anxiety just after dropping.  I also note in my head your nausea and your crying.  Do you think your crying is withdrawal Frogie, or is it your situation that makes you cry, of course, in reality it is probably both!

Joy 

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

well at least he came home and told you he loved you which is lovely.  The tears are the W/d. We both know it makes us ultra emotional. Let them fall, they are getting all those feelings out. I’m sure he will get stuck in with the work,  I just don’t understand why he doesn’t want to order anything. 

You can now think more positively about going back home next year. It will be here before you know it. These years stuck in the wilderness will soon be a distant memory for you. 

Scorpio:

I sure hope you are right. He told me this morning to make the order, and told me what credit card to put it on. I called him to tell him I got everything and needed the credit card number. He changed his mind and wants to look at the order before it gets placed. So I hope they still have a couple of the things, they only had 1 in stock. Now I feel like he doesn't trust me.

I've cried all day now.

I hope you feel better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Don't worry a bit about anything you have said.  We are all doing our lives as best we can with withdrawal in the background.

Withdrawal intertwines with life and life with withdrawal, the two can not be separated.  It is essential to look at our full life pictures.

When I was once in hospital and very ill the psychiatrist said that usually there is something wrong with the whole family but the person admitted to the ward is the one who is most sensitive.  This made great sense at the time and I do think it is true.  It can be all about your ability to stand stress.

It sounds like your fiancée is thinking about your future in quite a productive way, but when he is working so hard and living in a disrupted house himself, he probably gets very fed up.  I can understand that.

I love hearing about your life and relationship, it really helps me with my relationship with my husband, which is basically sound but also prone to the stresses of life. 

House moving and hunting is very stressful, I have just started looking for our retirement home myself.  I said I wasn't going to start til after Christmas but my husband is really wanting to learn our farm now and handover to my son.  Although my husband's hips have both been replaced he gets pain if he does too much farm work.  Having just got off tramadol he doesn't want to have to start taking it again, but he may have to.  He has been bad tempered all afternoon, so I took myself off to bed with my laptop for a while. 

I reduced my citalopram by 1/10 mg on Saturday and Saturday night I had bad nightmares but since then have felt fine.  My only hope of reducing is to go extremely slowly. 

Tonight is good, I am at home and my husband is watching TV and we have the farm dog in the house with us.  The open fire is lit and everything is peaceful.

You are great Frogie, I love being your internet friend.  I so understand your situation, or at least I think I do!

I have another question for you Frogie, have your eyes changed as you have reduced your AD, as mine getter 'bigger' and 'more open and alert' with each drop of dosage, even the little drop at the weekend.  Again, you don't have to answer that if it is too personal.  It was really useful when you told me about your weight staying the same, and your anxiety just after dropping.  I also note in my head your nausea and your crying.  Do you think your crying is withdrawal Frogie, or is it your situation that makes you cry, of course, in reality it is probably both!

Joy 

Hi Joy:

I would give anything to be able to be looking for a house. I feel stuck.

Is it cold there? You said you have the dog in and a fire going. Usually we have snow way before now, and we haven't had 1 flake. It's been in the 50's, 60's and a few days in the 70's. I really want snow. They said yesterday next Tuesday we had a 50% chance and today they took that off the forecast.

This morning my fiancé told me to order the stuff for the bathroom. Told me what credit card to use. I called him and said I needed the credit card number, and he said he would look at the list before he placed the order. Now I feel useless. Or he doesn't trust me. So now I've sat here and cried. I know my crying is WD, I just need to learn to do it when he isn't around.

I'm glad you enjoy hearing about my relationship. I'll tell you anything you want to know. Right now he is just being a typical "significant " other, man or women. He's being very challenging with me.

My eyes are not "bigger" or brighter. They look the same to me. I have glasses because now I'm on my iPad so much, on here and reading articles, but they aren't right. I've tried now 3 times to get them right, so I give up.

I do get nausea after I taper, and the last time I had some akasthisia for a few days. New symptom I guess I'll have to get used to. 

I'm glad you did well with just a tiny taper. If that's all you can do, at least you are tapering. That's the main thing.

I guess our "significant others" just don't understand like I thought mine did. I'm doing the best I can, but I guess it's not good enough. Oh well, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Stay warm.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

dont be upset by that, he is probably feeling masterful and wants to double check he hasn’t forgotten anything. I’m so sorry you are having such a tough time, after yesterday, even though I have the main three symptoms anxiety, nausea and tinnitus, I feel like a different person. So much better than yesterday when I though I’d reached the end of the road. 

Tomorrow your fiancé will be home in the evening and able to do more building work and that should lift your spirits. He is probably struggling himself if he is disillusioned with his job and under stress. 

Cuddle brownie, watch something cheerful on tv, at least it’s a waste of time doing housework with building work. Hopefully it will lift your spirits. 

8 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

dont be upset by that, he is probably feeling masterful and wants to double check he hasn’t forgotten anything. I’m so sorry you are having such a tough time, after yesterday, even though I have the main three symptoms anxiety, nausea and tinnitus, I feel like a different person. So much better than yesterday when I though I’d reached the end of the road. 

Tomorrow your fiancé will be home in the evening and able to do more building work and that should lift your spirits. He is probably struggling himself if he is disillusioned with his job and under stress. 

Cuddle brownie, watch something cheerful on tv, at least it’s a waste of time doing housework with building work. Hopefully it will lift your spirits. 

I'm glad you feel better even though you have the same symptoms. I've just cried. It's just because of all of this. Now he called me and said he wanted to look at the tile I ordered. That's what's holding this up. He is going 175 miles one way tomorrow to pick everything up that I ordered, if it's right. Brownie doesn't want to eat today. She ate her veggies this morning but won't eat her lunch. I'm not doing any housework. And he agreed that it was a waste until he gets everything done. At least we agree on something lol... I'm just sitting here watching the shopping channel.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up. I really appreciate it. Glad you feel better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

4 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Joy 

Hi Joy

i have a question for you about the eye comment to Frogie. Are you talking about viewing life differently or actually physical aspects of your eye sight?  My eyes especially my left, have been hurting since I started taking lexapro. Now getting much worse in WD. Today they  burn very bad and have a hard time seeing out of my left eye.  I hope you have a better outlook on life, but I’m hoping that my eyes will improve with tapering.  Didn’t mean to butt in on your conversation. Well, I guess I did. Ha. Thanks lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

Hi Littlegrandma

My eyes are physically larger and more moist.  When I look at photos of when I was a child my eyes are returning to normal for me.  A ye as ago I started contact lenses and noted that for some people AD's can be a problem with contact lenses.

Your eye trouble is perhaps related to the AD.  After all withdrawingredients can give you twitching eyes.  I don't mind you butting in at all.

Joy

Hi Frogie

Great to hear from you as usual.  It is really cold here at the moment and our old farmhouse is drafty and the open fire smokes a lot.  I know I am glad to be house hunting and I am going to work on it being a positive experience but my husband is a bad tempered man.

I envy the ease with which you have tapered your AD - I just struggle with mine.  I even think I have a bit of weight gain back but dare not get on the scales.

I do benefit a lot from the drops I do.  I am going spinning tonight and then to a new class called boxercise.  I like my physical exercise - it really helps me.

Frogie you feel stuck with your housing and I feel stuck with  my citalopram.  It is horrible to feel stuck isn't it.

A comment which I really hope will not upset you and that you can take it the right way.  Is your fiancee having money difficulties.  Sometimes even hard working people get into money difficulties and he may not have discussed it with you.  Perhaps that is another conversation you need to have.

Let me know how you are doing - it really helps me to keep on track with my withdrawal attempts.

Hi Frogie

Great to hear from you as usual.  It is really cold here at the moment and our old farmhouse is drafty and the open fire smokes a lot.  I know I am glad to be house hunting and I am going to work on it being a positive experience but my husband is a bad tempered man.

I envy the ease with which you have tapered your AD - I just struggle with mine.  I even think I have a bit of weight gain back but dare not get on the scales.

I do benefit a lot from the drops I do.  I am going spinning tonight and then to a new class called boxercise.  I like my physical exercise - it really helps me.

Frogie you feel stuck with your housing and I feel stuck with  my citalopram.  It is horrible to feel stuck isn't it.

A comment which I really hope will not upset you and that you can take it the right way.  Is your fiancee having money difficulties.  Sometimes even hard working people get into money difficulties and he may not have discussed it with you.  Perhaps that is another conversation you need to have.

Let me know how you are doing - it really helps me to keep on track with my withdrawal attempts.

Hi Joy:

It's nice to hear from you.

Like I said, we always have snow before now. And we haven't had any. It's like summer, I want winter.

That's great you are taking a new class. I don't exercise. I really should. I have a Pilates machine and a stationary bike, but they just sit here and stare at me. Don't get on the scale, you will just be disappointed. I am when I do.

My tapering isn't easy at all. I get akasthisia (a new symptom the last time I tapered) and nausea for days. But I try and ride it out, and it usually lets up 3-5 days after my taper.

You are so lucky to be house hunting. I would love to be doing that. But I know it's going to be another year or so. At least I know it will happen though.

I know we are putting all of this on credit cards. My fiancé hates to use the credit cards. But with my teeth, the sewer, Brownie being sick etc.... It took a toll on our finances. And last night he went to a mandatory meeting at work. That's when they get their bonuses. Well, they got a ham handed to them as they walked out the door, so we don't expect a bonus this year. The company spent too much money building things they didn't need. So it could be bothering him. He's tired too. He doesn't have any help at work. And they expect everything to be done yesterday. That's probably a lot of it.

It will all work out. Always does.

Thanks for the talk. It helped a lot.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

21 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

He did say he loved me again this morning, do it will work out.

I think he is bombarded at work too. He has no help and they want everything done yesterday. Then this remodel is more than he bargained for I think.

I made the order last night, got everything. So he is going to go pick it up tomorrow. It's 150 miles away, so he has to drive up there, load everything and drive back. But I feel better knowing it's going to be here so it will get done.

Thanks for thinking of me. It means a lot.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

thats so good to hear.  He is obviously under so much stress at work it must be very difficult for him too. At least you know the necessary equipment will be with you tomorrow.  Such a long way to go to get it. Once it’s all there you can relax knowing it will be done.

i hope you are fed better today, brownie is eating and life is looking a little brighter. 

I am back in the the nightmare of anxiety, nausea and tinnitus but looking after my grandson so having to try and cope - not easy. 

Just now, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

thats so good to hear.  He is obviously under so much stress at work it must be very difficult for him too. At least you know the necessary equipment will be with you tomorrow.  Such a long way to go to get it. Once it’s all there you can relax knowing it will be done.

i hope you are fed better today, brownie is eating and life is looking a little brighter. 

I am back in the the nightmare of anxiety, nausea and tinnitus but looking after my grandson so having to try and cope - not easy. 

Thanks Scorpio:

It is good to know that it will get done. Finally.

He is under a lot of stress at work. No help and they want everything done yesterday.

Brownie didn't eat very well this morning, I hope I can get her to eat lunch better.

I woke up with some nausea, but I think it's nerves. I haven't tapered anything at all. Or it could be that I ate dinner at 9 last night and went to bed at 9:30.

I'm sorry to hear that you have your symptoms and your grandson. I hope you feel better soon.

I think we have the same symptoms, it stinks!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor

Hi Frogie,

I just read that you ordered the materials and your fiancé is going to pick up the materials.  This is such great news. It sounds to me like both of you have a lot of stress right now.  Do you think that the project will be done in time for your granddaughter to come visit? From what you say it it appears that your fiancé is trying to make that happen. I've got my fingers crossed.  Sorry to hear about the nausea. 

I'm planning my next taper. The target date is December 9, but of course it is dependent on my continuing to have good days.  I'm going to do 5%. My last tapers was August 5, so it's been a nice long hold. 

xo

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

2 minutes ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Frogie,

I just read that you ordered the materials and your fiancé is going to pick up the materials.  This is such great news. It sounds to me like both of you have a lot of stress right now.  Do you think that the project will be done in time for your granddaughter to come visit? From what you say it it appears that your fiancé is trying to make that happen. I've got my fingers crossed.  Sorry to hear about the nausea. 

I'm planning my next taper. The target date is December 9, but of course it is dependent on my continuing to have good days.  I'm going to do 5%. My last tapers was August 5, so it's been a nice long hold. 

xo

RS

Hi RS:

I think I will feel better when I know the materials are here and he starts working on it again. He hasn't done anything for 2 days because of work. But hopefully he can get a lot done over the weekend. He tells me that it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks once he gets the materials, so I hope I get my granddaughter soon. We do have a subfloor now no holes in the floor. Still no wall between the bedroom and bathroom and studs, no walls. But it will get there.

I'm glad you are feeling better and going to taper. I think you are right to try a small 5% taper since your body isn't used to tapering. I was going to taper again the 1st part of December, but I might hold off until after Christmas, although, I'm feeling pretty good. My nausea is just nerves. I wake up with it but it's gone within a half hour or so. 

I'm glad you stopped by. It's always great to hear from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

have you got your hands on your materials now, is that awful drive over for your fiancé. I hope so and you can breathe a sigh of relief that you have it all to hand ready to be put in when ready. 

How is brownie is is she eating better today. Are your tears easing now you can see things are happening. Has the nausea eased. It’s horrible, I’ve had it all week as well as the horrible anxiety. Oh for a window instead of a few good hours sometimes. 

I had  to rescue my grandson from nursery at 1 as he was poorly. Full of another cold, not eating or napping and getting more and more upset. He clung to me like a vine all afternoon so the food shop I had managed to do unwillingly with my husband this morning stayed scattered around the kitchen until his mum turned up at 5. Poor little boy and I have him all day tomorrow so hope my anxiety lets me get up in time to get sorted before he arrives.