Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hi Andy:

Computers are something aren't they? Lol...

I'm not going to updose. It's been a month (duh), and I really think I'll be ok.

I do have some anxiety, but I'm blaming most of it on situational anxiety with everything going on.

Do you think I will be ok?

If I have problems, I will let you know.

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Do you think I will be ok?

I hope you will, Frogie.  I wish I knew how this would turn out just like I wish I knew how I will be in 6 months, and like I wish I knew a LOT of things.

If I could predict the future I'd have won the Lottery several times and I'd be retired on a beach in Bali resting my CNS and helping people from the shade of a cabana.

I think you will be okay and that if you were going to get hit from this it would have likely occurred by now.  That is, of course, not always true, but more often than not.

So, we keep our fingers crossed, thoughts positive and roll forward.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

11 minutes ago, apace41 said:

I hope you will, Frogie.  I wish I knew how this would turn out just like I wish I knew how I will be in 6 months, and like I wish I knew a LOT of things.

If I could predict the future I'd have won the Lottery several times and I'd be retired on a beach in Bali resting my CNS and helping people from the shade of a cabana.

I think you will be okay and that if you were going to get hit from this it would have likely occurred by now.  That is, of course, not always true, but more often than not.

So, we keep our fingers crossed, thoughts positive and roll forward.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy:

I wish I could predict the future too. Wouldn't that be great! :) I sure wouldn't be here, where I live, I think you know that.

I was thinking, as bad as my tapers usually are with nausea, I would be having more than usual. But I was on 4 different antibiotics in October and then hurt my back in the middle of November and I was on an anti inflammatory, Flexril, and Percocet. I was never nauseous though. I was a little after a holiday party we went to, but I attributed that to foods I don't normally eat.

I'm going to hold until January and see how I'm doing then.

You are right, I am way ahead of the game. 

It's funny. My anxiety is in my knees 1st thing in the morning. After I take my 2nd Xanax for the day I'm fine. I don't feel really anxious about the taper, it's situational. It will calm down when everything is overwith.

I really appreciate all the help and advise you give me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, O2bhappy said:

Frogie has been nice and offered up her intro page to me since people do not seem to respond to my intro page.

I am now 27 months off Prozac.  In august I started having itching on my hands and feet.  Then in September it spread and I became itchy everywhere on my body.  Every time I would scratch I would develop hives and welts.  I went to my GP and she said take an antihistamine and don't scratch (easier said then done).  I tried taking Zyrtec at night but the next day I was so fatigued.  It was not the best option for me.  A couple of weeks ago I went to an allergist and had a bunch of testing done.  I am not allergic to anything that he tested me for.  He put me on a different antihistamine and pepcid.  He said the pepcid helps block to histamines that are over producing in my body.  Well that combination of medicine caused heartburn, brain fog and increased anxiety.  I went back to the allergist this past Monday and he took me off all the medicines he put me on.  After two days of not being on the medicine my itching and hives are back full force.

My question is has anyone experienced itching and hives during withdrawal and is this a withdrawal symptom even though I have been off Prozac for 27 months.

Thank you again Frogie for letting me post on your page.  Thank you to anyone who responds and can offer me help and guidance.  

O2bhappy

Hi O2B,

I had severe eczema for well over a year which started last summer - it was all over my face, neck, shoulders and arms and chest.

It was so excruciating, at one point, I didn't leave the house for 3 days (very unlike me).

Thanks to my Naturopath, it eventually disappeared.

She gave me stuff to calm my CNS, that and complete diet change.

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi O2B,

I had severe eczema for well over a year which started last summer - it was all over my face, neck, shoulders and arms and chest.

It was so excruciating, at one point, I didn't leave the house for 3 days (very unlike me).

Thanks to my Naturopath, it eventually disappeared.

She gave me stuff to calm my CNS, that and complete diet change.

Best,

JC

Hi JC:

What did your Naturopath give you?

Thanks!

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Frogie said:

Thanks Gridley:

I will see how I feel come January, but believe it or not, with everything going on in my life I'm doing ok. 

I have a few tears now and then, but I had that at the higher dose too. It's just called WD.

I really appreciate you caring, and MMT and you helping me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

OK, I've caught up with your thread, so you've inadvertently done a 50% drop!

You just might get away with it, and as Gridley and MMT say, HOLD at that dose, which I think you would have done anyway.

Thought I would respond to O2B's message on the way, as I've had A LOT of experience (that I don't wish to repeat) of horrendous skin issues.

Anyway, I hope your CNS looks after you while you "adjust" to the new dose.

I've been ok, preparing for my next interview which is on Thursday. Yup, they never stop!

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

6 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Hi JC:

What did your Naturopath give you?

Thanks!

Hi Frogie,

All that info is in my signature :)

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Hi Frogie,

OK, I've caught up with your thread, so you've inadvertently done a 50% drop!

You just might get away with it, and as Gridley and MMT say, HOLD at that dose, which I think you would have done anyway.

Thought I would respond to O2B's message on the way, as I've had A LOT of experience (that I don't wish to repeat) of horrendous skin issues.

Anyway, I hope your CNS looks after you while you "adjust" to the new dose.

I've been ok, preparing for my next interview which is on Thursday. Yup, they never stop!

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm having some anxiety but I think it's situational, the remodeling, my granddaughter wants to come visit, Brownie, and the time of year. I've been doing this for almost a month, so I think I'm ok. I'm going to hold until January and see how it goes.

Good luck with the interviews!

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi Frogie,

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thanks!

She has adjusted my herbal tincture to help with peri-meno symptoms now.

Therefore, go with the previous herbal tincture mixture which has a line through it.

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Junglechicken said:

She has adjusted my herbal tincture to help with peri-meno symptoms now.

Therefore, go with the previous herbal tincture mixture which has a line through it.

Ok, wow she is putting through a lot.

How's you WD symptoms? Do you still lose your hair, cry? I have gobs of hair loss when in the shower.

I did a 50% taper without paying attention. But it was almost a month ago. I think I'm going to make it. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Ok, wow she is putting through a lot.

How's you WD symptoms? Do you still lose your hair, cry? I have gobs of hair loss when in the shower.

I did a 50% taper without paying attention. But it was almost a month ago. I think I'm going to make it. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

She is only making adjustments based on my symptoms. 

I am convinced my symptoms are being caused by hormonal changes, and she reckons they are still stress-related.

HOWEVER! peri-meno symptoms are stressful in their own right.  

Yes, still losing my hair (in the shower, and on my brush).  My WD symptoms aren't too bad.  I had a headache out of the blue today, but can't be sure if it was caused by the 2 pillows I slept on last night putting my neck at an awkward angle, or WD.  I'm not prone to headaches at all, so don't think its WD.

Yes, I still have crying episodes, but mainly to do with animals - can't cope with anything animal related.  It gets me every time.

The IBS comes and goes, with unpredictable bowel movements, lol!  Have to laugh about this :D  BUT, I did bloodwork last week to be analysed for potential allergens to food, so in a couple of weeks, I'll know what foods I'm allergic or sensitive to (hopefully none).

Then, when I'm ready I'll do the breath test to see if I have a SIBO issue.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

She is only making adjustments based on my symptoms. 

I am convinced my symptoms are being caused by hormonal changes, and she reckons they are still stress-related.

HOWEVER! peri-meno symptoms are stressful in their own right.  

Yes, still losing my hair (in the shower, and on my brush).  My WD symptoms aren't too bad.  I had a headache out of the blue today, but can't be sure if it was caused by the 2 pillows I slept on last night putting my neck at an awkward angle, or WD.  I'm not prone to headaches at all, so don't think its WD.

Yes, I still have crying episodes, but mainly to do with animals - can't cope with anything animal related.  It gets me every time.

The IBS comes and goes, with unpredictable bowel movements, lol!  Have to laugh about this :D  BUT, I did bloodwork last week to be analysed for potential allergens to food, so in a couple of weeks, I'll know what foods I'm allergic or sensitive to (hopefully none).

Then, when I'm ready I'll do the breath test to see if I have a SIBO issue.

TC,

JC xxx

I've been through menopause, so all of mine is WD.

I cry about Brownie and other animals too. But I'm not crying about other things too much.

I'm losing my hair in the shower and my brush. I hope it stops soon.

I have IBS, the dr said he could prescribe something for it but I declined. I take a digestive enzyme and Metamucil and it helps, but better be out of the way of the bathroom when I get up in the morning lol...

It's just nice to know I'm not going through all of this alone. We are all in this together. :)

I'm not going through all the blood work. If the food doesn't agree with me I don't eat it again.

Scared the ibby jibbes (spelling?) out of me when I figured out my taper over the weekend though. But I looked back, it's been almost a month. I've been going through a lot lately, so I think I did pretty good.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I've been through menopause, so all of mine is WD.

I cry about Brownie and other animals too. But I'm not crying about other things too much.

I'm losing my hair in the shower and my brush. I hope it stops soon.

I have IBS, the dr said he could prescribe something for it but I declined. I take a digestive enzyme and Metamucil and it helps, but better be out of the way of the bathroom when I get up in the morning lol...

It's just nice to know I'm not going through all of this alone. We are all in this together. :)

I'm not going through all the blood work. If the food doesn't agree with me I don't eat it again.

Scared the ibby jibbes (spelling?) out of me when I figured out my taper over the weekend though. But I looked back, it's been almost a month. I've been going through a lot lately, so I think I did pretty good.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I have a digestive enzyme too (Similase), and a few other things to help the gut.

Don't know Frogie, sometimes we just don't have the answers.

When compared to just over 2 years ago, I'm doing really well too (if my symptoms are WD).

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

11 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi Frogie,

in your bio it says avoid gluten, is that the label should read gluten free. im trying to have nothing but gluten free food only. the superfood you have posted are  they spirulina ,maca ect.  i need to follow a clean diet myself. i cut out sugar and processed food. 

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

Hey Frogie 

just checking in to see how construction is going and also how you’re fairing with the accidental BIG taper. 

I scanned the forum yesterday when the baby was sleeping. I was stuck in the house with 60mph wind gusts that tore some trim off the house. 

Then I broke my middle toe kicking a toy as I was running to answer the phone. So, I will ice this morning, then head out to Costco. I’m in a little window right now, but too much time for thought can ramp the anxiety up in a hurry.  Still nauseous and feeling blah, especially fatigue, but am trying to learn to not dwell. 

Hope youre soaking  in your new tub soon. xx lg

ps..... I’ve lost a lot of hair. And now the lower lashes on one eye. 

Aint withdrawal great?

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

9 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey Frogie 

just checking in to see how construction is going and also how you’re fairing with the accidental BIG taper. 

I scanned the forum yesterday when the baby was sleeping. I was stuck in the house with 60mph wind gusts that tore some trim off the house. 

Then I broke my middle toe kicking a toy as I was running to answer the phone. So, I will ice this morning, then head out to Costco. I’m in a little window right now, but too much time for thought can ramp the anxiety up in a hurry.  Still nauseous and feeling blah, especially fatigue, but am trying to learn to not dwell. 

Hope youre soaking  in your new tub soon. xx lg

ps..... I’ve lost a lot of hair. And now the lower lashes on one eye. 

Aint withdrawal great?

Hi LG:

I'm doing ok, still have a little anxiety in the morning when I first get up, but once I take my 2nd Xanax for the day, I'm ok.

He got the tub in yesterday. Now the walls, the vanity, toilet, paint, backsplash, and my granddaughters floor in her room oh and not quite done with the electrical. So a ways to go.

Sorry you broke your toe. Ouch! And nothing you can do for it. 

I miss Costco. But soon enough we will be going. I just have to have patience, which for some reason I don't have much of lately lol...

We had wind like that Monday. I didn't leave the house. I thought it was going to blow the trees down. They say 25% flurries tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I would sure like to see what snow looks like...

You have a good day. Take care of your toe.

It was great to hear from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Isn't the hair falling out just dandy? Lol...

Quick update:

I feel fine physically. No nausea, but a little anxiety in the morning. After my 2nd Xanax for the day I'm ok. Oh and some akasthisia, but really weird it's in my knees of all places. This has been going on since Sunday. I just want to rip my knees apart. I'm holding until January and will see about tapering then.

But today, I just feel flat. No emotions at all. Talked to a friend and she said her and her husband felt the same way today. I would say it's in the air, but she lives 3,000 miles away from me. I don't want to do anything, absolutely nothing. I'm not tired, sad, angry or anything, just flat.

And I don't want to leave the house. But if you lived where I do, you wouldn't either. You have to drive 16 miles to 2 dollar stores and a Shopko (which is a very overpriced little Walmart type store). You can only go to those stores so many times before you know where everything is and prices on everything. I'm not doing my volunteering until after the 1st of the year since I hurt my back. I don't want to re injure it. I do a lot of stooping and carrying things.

I decided I was going to wrap my granddaughters Christmas presents. Had to go to the storage to get some gift boxes. The wind is blowing and it's cold. Got back in. Put all her presents in boxes, looked at the wrapping paper and walked away.

I'm sitting in my chair with Brownie. I'm covered up with an electric throw because my feet are freezing still.

They say 20% chance of snow tomorrow. Maybe that's my problem. We usually have had 3-4 snow storms by now but haven't had 1 flake. It's been in the 50's-60's. One day it was 80 the end of November.  What's wrong with that picture? I'm not holding my breath! But I think I would feel better if I could have some snow.

I don't care for this time of year either. Family situations throughout the years. Didn't even put up a Christmas tree or decorate this year. Wasn't in the mood. My Uncle is the only one that comes for Christmas and I asked him if he really wanted to help put up a tree and he said he was fine skipping it this year.

And no remodeling being done. Have a floor and tub. Still no walls, vanity, toilet, running water, painting, tile, electrical not quite finished and my granddaughters bedroom floor. She can't come visit until it's done. Doesn't look too promising. :(

I haven't eaten lunch for 2 days. I eat a banana for breakfast, and then drink about 32 ounces of water between breakfast and lunch, so I'm not hungry. Is there something wrong with me not wanting to eat? Or is that normal sometimes?

Whats wrong with me? Does anyone else feel like this?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie

So sorry you are feeling flat. You are usually so cheerful and  strong.

I don't understand what is going on with your knees. Do you feel as though you need to keep moving them like restless legs? 

It could be just a combination of the time of year and no snow. There can be  pressure on us to feel happy at Christmas but for some it can be a lonely horrible time of the year.  I am not a great fan of Christmas anymore and just try to play it down a bit and keep away from the hype. 

It  could be that you are a little depressed? I do feel the same way sometimes and lose interest in everything. I never felt like this before WD. It was always anxiety with me never depressed!

Do you think it could be related to your drop in dose? Don't panic - it may not be and hopefully will pass as fast as it came.

You have had a lot on your plate lately - lets hope some snow arrives soon to cheer you up! We always go up to the ski  resort in the mountains on Christmas Day. It is less than an hours drive away. It's nice to be in the snow at Christmastime .  

You take care and keep warm.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

21 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hello Frogie

So sorry you are feeling flat. You are usually so cheerful and  strong.

I don't understand what is going on with your knees. Do you feel as though you need to keep moving them like restless legs? 

It could be just a combination of the time of year and no snow. There can be  pressure on us to feel happy at Christmas but for some it can be a lonely horrible time of the year.  I am not a great fan of Christmas anymore and just try to play it down a bit and keep away from the hype. 

It  could be that you are a little depressed? I do feel the same way sometimes and lose interest in everything. I never felt like this before WD. It was always anxiety with me never depressed!

Do you think it could be related to your drop in dose? Don't panic - it may not be and hopefully will pass as fast as it came.

You have had a lot on your plate lately - lets hope some snow arrives soon to cheer you up! We always go up to the ski  resort in the mountains on Christmas Day. It is less than an hours drive away. It's nice to be in the snow at Christmastime .  

You take care and keep warm.

Love from Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers:

I know usually I'm upbeat even when I don't feel good. That's why I don't understand.

My knees feel like I need to keep moving them or I'll want to rip them off lol...

I'm wondering if it's just that time of year. No snow, too much hype (even in our little town). Maybe the barometric pressure is messing with me. And the house being torn apart when my granddaughter wants to visit is driving me crazy. My fiancé is just like, "I'm tired, I worked all day, and I'll get things done over the weekend." If he keeps that up, it will take until next Christmas to get it done, and we didnt plan on being here next Christmas hopefully. If he can find a job and we can get a house that we want and can afford. And I'll never see my granddaughter at that rate.

I'm not a fan of Christmas at all. Because of family situations throughout the years. But I do it for my granddaughter.

You are lucky to get to go to the ski resort on Christmas Day. The closest one to us is about 4-5 hours away. It will be different when we move home. It will be an hour or two depending on which one you go to. 

Do you ever feel like not eating? Not because your sick, just not hungry? I'm like that at lunch, but I eat dinner fine.

Thanks for talking to me. I'll get out of this funk. Just too much going on right now I think.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie 

i agree with Flowers. You’ve got a lot going on right now. You’re bummed about the construction not getting done fast enough, so you’re granddaughter can’t get there fast enough for you. It’s such a blah time of year. I don’t look forward to Christmas like I used to. I’ve already told my kids Santa is not stopping by for them this year. Just for the babies. It’s toooo much. I love picking out the perfect gifts and surprising them. It makes me happy. But this year it’s too overwhelming. 

The loss of appetite seems pretty normal during wd. I was surviving on smoothies and water for a long time. The thought of chewing and swallowing food made me nauseous. I lost a lot of weight. I’m slowly putting it back on. I put olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados in my smoothies. And my appetite has slowly come back, along with some pounds. 

And flat. Yes. I was apathetic the whole time on lexapro. When I don’t have anxiety, I’m flat. Just blah. You’re usually upbeat. Chalk it up to a bad day. 

Maybe you you should put up a 🎄 Christmas tree. Put your granddaughters gifts under it. The lights might lift your mood. And remind you that she will be there eventually. And so will the ❄️ snow. That I’m not looking forward to. We have a long driveway with no wind block for miles. It drifts and you have to clear it constantly. But I do like skating and sledding a few times a year. I also enjoy traipsing through the woods in fresh snow. But by Jan 1st, I’m ready for spring. 

Hope your spirit lifts xx lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

5 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hey Frogie 

i agree with Flowers. You’ve got a lot going on right now. You’re bummed about the construction not getting done fast enough, so you’re granddaughter can’t get there fast enough for you. It’s such a blah time of year. I don’t look forward to Christmas like I used to. I’ve already told my kids Santa is not stopping by for them this year. Just for the babies. It’s toooo much. I love picking out the perfect gifts and surprising them. It makes me happy. But this year it’s too overwhelming. 

The loss of appetite seems pretty normal during wd. I was surviving on smoothies and water for a long time. The thought of chewing and swallowing food made me nauseous. I lost a lot of weight. I’m slowly putting it back on. I put olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados in my smoothies. And my appetite has slowly come back, along with some pounds. 

And flat. Yes. I was apathetic the whole time on lexapro. When I don’t have anxiety, I’m flat. Just blah. You’re usually upbeat. Chalk it up to a bad day. 

Maybe you you should put up a 🎄 Christmas tree. Put your granddaughters gifts under it. The lights might lift your mood. And remind you that she will be there eventually. And so will the ❄️ snow. That I’m not looking forward to. We have a long driveway with no wind block for miles. It drifts and you have to clear it constantly. But I do like skating and sledding a few times a year. I also enjoy traipsing through the woods in fresh snow. But by Jan 1st, I’m ready for spring. 

Hope your spirit lifts xx lg

Hi LG:

Thanks. I think you are right. It's just the time of year and too much going on.

I couldn't put a tree up if I wanted. All the stuff for the bathroom is sitting in my living room and right where I put the tree.

I get my Uncle and fiancé stocking stuffers. Other than that my granddaughter is the only one we buy for. It's just too expensive. Especially when you are remodeling.

I've never lost my appetite, even when I'm nauseous. I eat something. I wonder if it's drinking too much water between breakfast and lunch. Maybe I'll cut back on so much water that time of day. I eat dinner just fine. My stomach is growling by the time it's time to eat dinner. I could afford to lose a few pounds lol...

We used to have smoothies all the time, the quit for some reason.

I am really missing snow and winter. If I wanted this kind of weather I would live in Florida or California. Usually we have had 3-4 snownstorms by now. I really hope the 20% chance tomorrow come through. I think I would be a little happier. We could trample through farm fields, no woods here. Wide open space, yuck! Corn, wheat, cows and tumbleweeds.

This time of year is the pits. I'm so glad when it's over, all the hype drives me crazy (more than I already am lol)

Thanks for talking to me. Means a lot.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

You’re funny. Tumbleweeds. 

You don’t like to go out in the snow? Just look at it? It is beautiful. You must not shovel. Lol

Do you guys do any snowmobiling?  That’s a fun way to kill a few months. We don’t have ours anymore. But would love to get another one. With all the open land by you, you’d have a blast. 

Oh yeah. You probably have construction stuff all over the house. That’s a big inconvenience. But keep your eye on the prize. 

You could buy a small tree and keep it outside til the remodel is done. Then put it up with a few lights right before your granddaughter gets there. I have to do a little decorating for the kids, and me.  Were having my family here on Christmas Day. They insist even though I said I wasn’t hosting this year. They’re all bringing food and drinks and staying afterwards to help clean. Can’t argue with that. If I don’t feel well, I’ll lock myself in my room. I’m just praying I feel good. XX lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

8 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

You’re funny. Tumbleweeds. 

You don’t like to go out in the snow? Just look at it? It is beautiful. You must not shovel. Lol

Do you guys do any snowmobiling?  That’s a fun way to kill a few months. We don’t have ours anymore. But would love to get another one. With all the open land by you, you’d have a blast. 

Oh yeah. You probably have construction stuff all over the house. That’s a big inconvenience. But keep your eye on the prize. 

You could buy a small tree and keep it outside til the remodel is done. Then put it up with a few lights right before your granddaughter gets there. I have to do a little decorating for the kids, and me.  Were having my family here on Christmas Day. They insist even though I said I wasn’t hosting this year. They’re all bringing food and drinks and staying afterwards to help clean. Can’t argue with that. If I don’t feel well, I’ll lock myself in my room. I’m just praying I feel good. XX lg

I'm not kidding we have tumbleweeds, corn, wheat and cows. I think the cows outnumber the people that live here.

I don't shovel, that's what we have renters for. He will shovel for us. Or last year my fiancés work came over with the skidster and cleaned the walks and driveway. Doubt that will happen this year. 

We don't have a snowmobile, we talked about getting a couple. But if we are moving home, can't ride them in the city. I would love to get a couple of wave runners for the lakes in the summer. No lakes out here, no creeks even, all dried up. And I'm not joking.

I have a small tabletop Christmas tree I could put up if I had to, but don't want to. I guess I'm being the grinch this year. Or feeling sorry for myself. 

Even if my kids showed up for Christmas (my oldest son, daughter in law and granddaughter), which they aren't, they wouldn't bring food or clean up. But they would sit at the table and eat and tell us it's good.

I hope you feel good so you can enjoy your family.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

I have just been catching up with you.  Sorry you are feeling flat and without appetite.  I think both feelings are probably withdrawal, but you are good at sticking these symptoms out.  You are dealing with a lot of frustrations at present on top of withdrawal, that is hard work.  There is nothing worse than having your house upside down, especially in Winter when there is such a 'closed-in feeling' anyway.  If it is summer you can sit outside a bit and ignore the inside of the house.

We have no snow in the UK and the weather is mild for the time of year. 

My husband is struggling with the winter work of the farm and my son is struggling with his work load in his job (also farming) and wanting to move into our farm (he is in rented at the moment with his girlfriend).  My husband is looking like an old man now.  We viewed 2 houses yesterday, one very unsuitable and one very suitable, so I have put in an offer for the good one.  It is a bit low and so will be rejected but it is a starting point.  My son is going to view it with my husband again tomorrow and my daughter viewed it with me yesterday and she loved it.  We have decided to take our cat Lola with us, she thinks the world of my husband and it is not really a farm cat.  I think she will like being with my husband still.

This house hunting has caused me to feel stressed and distracted, I like things to stay the same, but I am doing well holding on my dosage.  I can't risk getting ill with withdrawal at present so will be staying stable.

I find things swimming around in my head all the time and when I get stressed the withdrawal symptoms of hot/cold/headache/nausea more.

I don't cope well with extra change in my life but just have to face this, and it is all happening quicker than I thought.  I really need to approach this with calm as historically when I get stressed I get depressed, really depressed, and I just can't afford to be like that now. 

Let us all know how your flat feeling develops Frogie, isn't it a horrible feeling?

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Frogie

I have just been catching up with you.  Sorry you are feeling flat and without appetite.  I think both feelings are probably withdrawal, but you are good at sticking these symptoms out.  You are dealing with a lot of frustrations at present on top of withdrawal, that is hard work.  There is nothing worse than having your house upside down, especially in Winter when there is such a 'closed-in feeling' anyway.  If it is summer you can sit outside a bit and ignore the inside of the house.

We have no snow in the UK and the weather is mild for the time of year. 

My husband is struggling with the winter work of the farm and my son is struggling with his work load in his job (also farming) and wanting to move into our farm (he is in rented at the moment with his girlfriend).  My husband is looking like an old man now.  We viewed 2 houses yesterday, one very unsuitable and one very suitable, so I have put in an offer for the good one.  It is a bit low and so will be rejected but it is a starting point.  My son is going to view it with my husband again tomorrow and my daughter viewed it with me yesterday and she loved it.  We have decided to take our cat Lola with us, she thinks the world of my husband and it is not really a farm cat.  I think she will like being with my husband still.

This house hunting has caused me to feel stressed and distracted, I like things to stay the same, but I am doing well holding on my dosage.  I can't risk getting ill with withdrawal at present so will be staying stable.

I find things swimming around in my head all the time and when I get stressed the withdrawal symptoms of hot/cold/headache/nausea more.

I don't cope well with extra change in my life but just have to face this, and it is all happening quicker than I thought.  I really need to approach this with calm as historically when I get stressed I get depressed, really depressed, and I just can't afford to be like that now. 

Let us all know how your flat feeling develops Frogie, isn't it a horrible feeling?

Joy

Hi Joy:

It's nice to hear from you.

I'm glad you found a house that you liked. Is it in the city? Or still out of town? You never know, some people will take a lower offer if they have a house that they want to move to. I wish you luck. I hope we can find a house quickly when it's time.

Are you hot/cold? Having headaches or nausea? I hope not. Especially this time of year.

I'm not fond of this time of year as I said. And with the remodeling going s l o w as a snail it isn't helping. Our cat loves to lay on my granddaughters bed. She was standing by the door meowing this morning. My fiancé said he knew and it would be done soon. I'll believe it when I see it, once again, he did nothing last night. Tonight football is on so I hope he will do something while watching it. But I'm just not holding my breath anymore.

I still feel flat. I don't know why. I've never felt quite like this before. At least I don't feel sick. I have no emotions. Maybe I just am going through WD like you said.

I finally got my granddaughters presents wrapped. I'm waiting for one more, should be here today or tomorrow, I'll wrap it and I'm done except for getting my Uncle a gift card.

I'm still having anxiety when I get up in the morning, but it's starting to let up. 

It finally snowed! ❄️❄️❄️About an inch early this morning. I didn't get to see it fall, but it's on the ground. But now the rest of the week it's going to be in the 50's-60's. That is not winter! So no more snow in the forecast for the next 10 days at least.

I think that's some of my problem. It's spring weather. You don't even need a jacket. And I want my granddaughter. Like you, I sit and things just spin in my head.

I'm glad you are doing well.

Keep me informed on the house. I'm happy for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

The house isn't definite yet, but it is a much busier area in a small town, but quite modern.  We will be able to walk to the shops, the doctor's and school is across the road as is the leisure centre I go to.  So, for us, it is a move from out in the middle of nowhere where I have often felt lonely over the past 30 odd years, to a much busier place.  However the house is also near the countryside.  It is almost too perfect to be true.

I don't think we will be entering a chain or anything as we haven't got a property to sell and the house is empty.  An elderly gentleman lived there who has now gone into a care home or died (I don't want to ask details at present).  But we will just have to see.

Yes, I still get withdrawal headaches/nausea/hot/cold etc, and also that terrible flat feeling.  On Monday I had that flat feeling so bad that I didn't want to do anything or talk to anyone and couldn't even bring myself to talk to my darling granddaughter.  I did used to suffer very badly with depression that was diagnosed as very severe and intractable at the time.  I hate it when I feel so bad, it reminds me of my very difficult past.

I feel that when I took 30 mg citalopram I was really well protected from depression and anxiety but now at 18 mg, well just under, there is not much wriggle room anymore.  I know people are saying ADs don't work and are just placebo, but for me I think they have helped me get back to as normal as life as I can have.  I could well be totally wrong of course. 

I just feel I have lots of people who need me to be well, my clients, my colleagues, the various care teams and companies I work with, my husband, my daughter, my granddaughter and my mother.  Although I am not close to my mother and my brother lives with my mother.  My mother washed her hands of me many a time when I was very ill and I have not been able to forgive her somehow.

I don't agree with medication for emotional issues at all, and certainly not in most cases.  I am so glad I have got off all the meds I have in the past, but a corner of me thinks some of the meds may have helped me stay alive long enough to get to this point.

I used to have the sort of depression where I lost all contact with reality, and that was very frightening.

So I am upgrading out of the countryside Frogie and into a town, and the town has access to much bigger towns easily by a motorway.  One day I am sure you will be able to move to where you want.  I am not desperate to move myself, but my husband seems desperate to move now.  He has done well after his two hip replacements but he is not as strong as he was and he is tired after a lifetime of manual work farming. 

Hot off the press now, my offer has been accepted, so now I am waiting for my son to go round it tomorrow.

Joy

Great news Joy! The house seems to be perfectly located for you and will make your lives so much easier - glad you are taking the cat!

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi Frogie

The house isn't definite yet, but it is a much busier area in a small town, but quite modern.  We will be able to walk to the shops, the doctor's and school is across the road as is the leisure centre I go to.  So, for us, it is a move from out in the middle of nowhere where I have often felt lonely over the past 30 odd years, to a much busier place.  However the house is also near the countryside.  It is almost too perfect to be true.

I don't think we will be entering a chain or anything as we haven't got a property to sell and the house is empty.  An elderly gentleman lived there who has now gone into a care home or died (I don't want to ask details at present).  But we will just have to see.

Yes, I still get withdrawal headaches/nausea/hot/cold etc, and also that terrible flat feeling.  On Monday I had that flat feeling so bad that I didn't want to do anything or talk to anyone and couldn't even bring myself to talk to my darling granddaughter.  I did used to suffer very badly with depression that was diagnosed as very severe and intractable at the time.  I hate it when I feel so bad, it reminds me of my very difficult past.

I feel that when I took 30 mg citalopram I was really well protected from depression and anxiety but now at 18 mg, well just under, there is not much wriggle room anymore.  I know people are saying ADs don't work and are just placebo, but for me I think they have helped me get back to as normal as life as I can have.  I could well be totally wrong of course. 

I just feel I have lots of people who need me to be well, my clients, my colleagues, the various care teams and companies I work with, my husband, my daughter, my granddaughter and my mother.  Although I am not close to my mother and my brother lives with my mother.  My mother washed her hands of me many a time when I was very ill and I have not been able to forgive her somehow.

I don't agree with medication for emotional issues at all, and certainly not in most cases.  I am so glad I have got off all the meds I have in the past, but a corner of me thinks some of the meds may have helped me stay alive long enough to get to this point.

I used to have the sort of depression where I lost all contact with reality, and that was very frightening.

So I am upgrading out of the countryside Frogie and into a town, and the town has access to much bigger towns easily by a motorway.  One day I am sure you will be able to move to where you want.  I am not desperate to move myself, but my husband seems desperate to move now.  He has done well after his two hip replacements but he is not as strong as he was and he is tired after a lifetime of manual work farming. 

Hot off the press now, my offer has been accepted, so now I am waiting for my son to go round it tomorrow.

Joy

That is great news Joy and like Flowers said, you are taking the cat. I think your hubby and the cat will both be happy.

And moving to a town! How wonderful. I can't wait for the day we get to move home to the city.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels flat. I feel it again today, but forced myself to make the bed and try to straighten the living room, even with all the bathroom things and dust/dirt in here. I'm not cleaning until it's done. It's just useless. My fiancé came home last night from work and did nothing. He ate dinner and was in bed at 8:30. I'm wondering if this will ever get done. I don't think this is helping my WD. If life was "normal" I think I would be ok.

Do you ever lose your appetite? I've lost my lunch appetite. But I drink a lot of water between breakfast and lunch. About 32 ounces. Then I'm not hungry. But I eat dinner fine. I'm hungry at dinner. I'm slowing down on my water consumption this morning and going to force myself to eat lunch, even if it's a peanut butter sandwich.

I'm not fond of this time of year at all. Too many family situations for too many years. Maybe it will be different when we move home and I can see my granddaughter, oldest son and daughter in law again during holidays.

I don't feel the least little depressed. Which is good. I'm just flat like I said. But I'll snap out if it.

It snowed about an inch :) but now we have blue sunny skies and the 10 day forecast is 50's-60's, so no more snow :( 

Again, congrats on the house. How exciting. I bet your hubby with his new hips is dancing.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Flowers

My head is spinning, I had no idea my low offer would be accepted.  My son who I have never got along with for a long time is now trying to helped.  I rang him from my mobile to his mobile at work and for the first time ever he took my call.  He is going to look at the house tomorrow.  We have a lot of legalities and money to rearrange, but we have the money ready without a mortgage and without selling any land.

It is time for my husband to have a rest.  He plans going back to the farm daily but only for a few hours and not for any hard work.  He says he will 'muck' his hens out and feed them and help my son a little and go to sales (animal and land sales) and check on his land etc.

I have known what it was like to be mentally tired over the years and I think his physical tiredness is ever bit as bad.  He has been more asthmatic recently but I think it is because he is so physically worn out.

I may have typed this already but the other morning he went out of the farm house about 6 am and the tractor he needed had a flat tyre.  It was awful to see him struggling to repair it, in the dark and winter weather, and loose about an hour in time, and then still have all those animals to 'feed up' and then there is only a few hours gap before feeding up again.  I could see that he was standing and stooping differently because of his  2 hip replacements, and the bruising from a cow that hit him.

I looked at him and thought things have to change.  He has been very good to me over the years, he has occasionally lost his temper with my 'bad nerves' but he has basically stood by me.

The town we are moving to has loads of care jobs available and loads of other jobs, so I will always be able to pick up enough work for what we need.  That makes me feel more secure because way out in the countryside there is less work.

I am 59 years old next Wednesday, so this feels a suitable time to make these decisions, my husband is 8 years older, but looks a lot older and frailer. 

After my son has viewed the house tomorrow I will write on your thread to tell you how it is going.  You see, despite trouble with meds and mental illness, withdrawal etc, life goes on despite everything, and I have to move with it.

I felt a bit nervous when the estate agent said the family would accept our offer, but that nervousness is turning into feelings of excitement now.  I am tired though because for the last few nights I haven't had a proper sleep, just shallow sleep and going to bed late and getting up early to pack extra things into my day.  So I do feel really tired.  Anything to do with houses seems draining.

Joy

The timing is right Joy. Your husband needs to stand back from the farm a bit now and to be closer to town will be great for you both. What a lovely birthday present!

You can move at your own pace if there isn't a chain.  Have a good sleep tonight!

Do let me know how you get on.

Love from Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers

My head is spinning, I had no idea my low offer would be accepted.  My son who I have never got along with for a long time is now trying to helped.  I rang him from my mobile to his mobile at work and for the first time ever he took my call.  He is going to look at the house tomorrow.  We have a lot of legalities and money to rearrange, but we have the money ready without a mortgage and without selling any land.

It is time for my husband to have a rest.  He plans going back to the farm daily but only for a few hours and not for any hard work.  He says he will 'muck' his hens out and feed them and help my son a little and go to sales (animal and land sales) and check on his land etc.

I have known what it was like to be mentally tired over the years and I think his physical tiredness is ever bit as bad.  He has been more asthmatic recently but I think it is because he is so physically worn out.

I may have typed this already but the other morning he went out of the farm house about 6 am and the tractor he needed had a flat tyre.  It was awful to see him struggling to repair it, in the dark and winter weather, and loose about an hour in time, and then still have all those animals to 'feed up' and then there is only a few hours gap before feeding up again.  I could see that he was standing and stooping differently because of his  2 hip replacements, and the bruising from a cow that hit him.

I looked at him and thought things have to change.  He has been very good to me over the years, he has occasionally lost his temper with my 'bad nerves' but he has basically stood by me.

The town we are moving to has loads of care jobs available and loads of other jobs, so I will always be able to pick up enough work for what we need.  That makes me feel more secure because way out in the countryside there is less work.

I am 59 years old next Wednesday, so this feels a suitable time to make these decisions, my husband is 8 years older, but looks a lot older and frailer. 

After my son has viewed the house tomorrow I will write on your thread to tell you how it is going.  You see, despite trouble with meds and mental illness, withdrawal etc, life goes on despite everything, and I have to move with it.

I felt a bit nervous when the estate agent said the family would accept our offer, but that nervousness is turning into feelings of excitement now.  I am tired though because for the last few nights I haven't had a proper sleep, just shallow sleep and going to bed late and getting up early to pack extra things into my day.  So I do feel really tired.  Anything to do with houses seems draining.

Joy

Don't forget to keep me in on this. I'm really looking forward to some uplifting news for once.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Of course - you are part of 'the gang'.

Sorry you are having an off day today but I suppose everyone does once in a while. Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and feel better and the old Frogie will be back.

Thinking of you.

Flowers xxx

Hi Frogie

I am struggling to concentrate on what I am posting and where!  I often think about you Frogie and feel envious that you cope with withdraw better than me.  You do so well whereas I don't. 

My house scenario is surprising me all the time.  I didn't know you could look at just 2 houses and fall in lovery with the second.

I am really hoping my husband will feel stronger once he leaves the farm and have a good few years when he can take it easier.  I do really hope so.  He hasn't been comfortable in our old farmhouse for a long time now but he never gets depressed or anxious.

I so value your friendship Frogie - I didn't mean to miss you out at all.  When I feel flat I feel absolutely horrible.

Let me know how you feel tomorrow.

One of your closest followers

Joy

24 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

Of course - you are part of 'the gang'.

Sorry you are having an off day today but I suppose everyone does once in a while. Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and feel better and the old Frogie will be back.

Thinking of you.

Flowers xxx

Thanks Flowers:

It makes me feel a little better knowing someone cares.

I just have that flat feeling again today. I did force myself to make the bed, and arrange the paint for the remodeling. I'm using the sme color as before. Do you ever feel like that?

I slowed down on drinking my water and forced myself to eat a sandwich for lunch. Brownie shared with me lol... Do you ever lose your appetite, not because of nausea, just not hungry?

I think I'm having this feeling because of the remodeling, can't see my granddaughter and just this time of year. You know that all too well.

I'll snap out of it eventually. But I'm not depressed or crying. I'm just flat, no emotions.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care Frigid - flat is horrible - I call it loosing my bubbles 

Joy