cpuusage

Spirituality, Philosophy etc

cpuusage   
cpuusage

Things need to change imo. The current biomedical psychiatric / pharmacological system / treatment has largely failed in it's treatment of the Global mental health pandemic. We need a new paradigm & treatment modality.

So You Say You Want a Revolution Part Two -

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/07/so-you-say-you-want-revolution-part-two/

Policy for Recovery: As a former state mental health and addictions commissioner, Bob Nikkel writes about policy and practice changes that are needed to promote recovery and resilience while decreasing the over-reliance on psychiatric medications in community and hospital treatment settings.

https://www.madinamerica.com/author/rnikkel/

"What would the map of alternatives of handling mental health problems look like?"

1) "Require the completion of online continuing education courses for all prescribers and managers on the true effects (short-term and longer-term) of major classes of drugs"

2) "establishing radically improved informed consent standards so that patients and families get an accurate picture of what they can expect from medications—not just the relatively perfunctory warnings about tardive dyskinesia and dry mouth."

3) "Every community must then create a drug withdrawal program. Any person who wants to decrease dosage or attempt to live life drug-free can do it safely, under competent medical services along with peer support from those who have successfully accomplished it and/or are going through it themselves."

4) "Finally, to oversee this process, each state or community should create a commission to review all of the mapping data and whatever implementation issues emerge. The commission would recommend further steps to establish and sustain a new paradigm of care. These commissions would include peer advocates—at least 50%—as well as representatives from all the state and local agencies listed above that prescribe psychiatric medications."

manymoretodays   
manymoretodays

What I am finding sad.........really sad.........is that medically assisted treatment for substance use is now in vogue.........at least here.  And I am not talking about Naloxone rescues either.  Or methadone.   What I was told was that they are considering long term treatment with replacement substances(prescribed of course).  Well, it's past the phase of considering......... that's where it is at.  So......maybe I will copy and send on out some of the above.  Thanks cpuusage.

Yes, I am one of those 50% in my state.......as stated in 4).  So........often just a voice in the wilderness........a few listen.  They all seem to care.  Changing the paradigm.

I am learning.  I am patient.  I do have a voice.

Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, Growth, and patience,

mmt

cpuusage   
cpuusage
56 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes, I am one of those 50% in my state.......as stated in 4).  So........often just a voice in the wilderness........a few listen.  They all seem to care.  Changing the paradigm.

I am learning.  I am patient.  I do have a voice.

Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, Growth, and patience,

mmt

Thanks for the reply. As far as i am aware of the current statistics -

UK - 20% on Psychiatric drugs - 50% on one or more pharmaceutical drug for general / mental health conditions.

USA - 40% on Psychiatric drugs - 80% on one or more pharmaceutical drug for general / mental health conditions.

That's the official statistics, you can count half of all of them as being addicts (also the official statistic).

God knows what levels of health the remaining 'undiagnosed' percentages have?

It's shocking