Eleven10

Eleven10: 30 months off Prozac

bhasski
18 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

with full disclosure of possible problems

I totally disagree the "full disclosure" part.

20 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

It is easy to join the anti medication bandwagon and very hard to then say 'maybe I could benefit from medication after all',

Most of us are here after taking medication  and while all of us trusted on doctors who prescribed them.

Pardon me , but I am not talking for myself here.

Eleven, 

My memory is terrible as I have read your thread, but forgotten your past comments. IMO, you can see a doctor who is open to all alternatives. For drugs, it is road always there ... and sometimes we have to.chose easy path.

Eleven10

Hi all.

thank you and I agree.

i think I have been so low because Iv suddenly realised the situation im in and it feels futile. 

I had a very difficult life that become not only easier but very furfilled on Prozac, it had it's down sides as I was quite emotionally numb and I could not cry but overall I enjoyed life and was very healthy. The withdrawal was excruciating and drove me to almost take my life to get away from the symptoms and after 4 years I know I'm still suffering the nervous system effects but I also now recognise feelings and behaviours I had prior to medication which I wouldn't acknowledge up until now. I have a constant overwhelming feeling of guilt and heaviness in my chest it feels like a thousand tons weighing down on me, I can't make a  decision even the most simple and spend my days wandering aimlessly around my apartment. I feel too unwell to work but the guilt I feel for not being productive or providing is off the scale. All feelings I had before meds. 

I will speak to my dr, my ultimate ideal would be to put me in a coma for 6 weeks put me back on meds and wake me up when I feel better. Of course that's just a fantasy. 

Thank you for your support it's more helpful that you can imagine 

joy2730

So now go and reclaim your life!  Life is meant to be enjoyed and not endured, it is a gift to each of us and not to be wasted.

Joy

FSL

Considering the situation and your own statements I'd say you are doing what is right.

The transition will be a rocky road like any change is, but it will pay off sooner than you think. I hope you get functional again, start looking for a job and do your runs in 2018.

Bless u my dear

FsL

joy2730

Don't forget to come back and tell us of your outcome Eleven10.  This feedback is important for everyone, as I have said before, too many people just stop posting and leave so many questions unanswered.

Joy

Eleven10

I will. If it's good news I will be so happy