Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915: 3 months off lexapro does it get better?

Frogie
2 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi Frogie, 

Good to hear from you, hope you are doing well 

For low blood pressure you should drink more water and also can increase your salt intake.  I also heard dark chocolate can help.  Mine is constantly 90/60 sometimes even lower.  Those the only things I have heard of and tried.  

I drink a ton of water everyday.

I really think it's from tapering Lexapro.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hope it goes away once we are done these horrible meds.

Hope you are feeling well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Blondiee1915

It could be, hopefully it will get better for you <3 

Frogie
11 minutes ago, Blondiee1915 said:

It could be, hopefully it will get better for you <3 

I hope it gets better for you too. :)

Blondiee1915

thank you Frogie ☺️ Better for all of us 

Frogie
1 hour ago, Blondiee1915 said:

thank you Frogie ☺️ Better for all of us 

I hope it is better for all of us too. :)

Blondiee1915

I was wondering if it is possible to beat anxiety and panic attacks without medication (I believe it is possible, but just want another input).  For the past couple weeks I have been experiencing more anxiety.  I am not sure anymore if this relates to WD or anxiety or both and I know that it does not matter anyway, but I feel like if I knew why I am feeling the way I am it will help me more forward. 

A little history - the anxiety prior to medication that I experienced included a few instances of panic attacks where I would feel sweaty, difficulty breathing, detached, and weak legs.  After they passed I felt my normal self.  When I was placed on medication it helped with panic attacks, but it did not make me feel normal.  I experienced dizziness, and social uncomfortable feeling, and tiredness (major symptoms).  Since I stopped medication and then reinstated the "anxiety" feeling I am experiencing is different compared to my pre-medication state.  I feel unsteady, dizzy, detached, weak, and I feel like I can faint at any minute when it gets more intense.  I also feel pretty exhausted alot which does not help at all.  I keep doing research on anxiety and I believe that perhaps my body after experiencing stress for some time and plus additional stress due to withdrawal depleted my system and I just cannot turn off that feeling of dizziness, detachment, weakness and fatigue.  I keep pushing forward because I do want to be medication free and I do believe in human ability and right to exist without being medicated and live a happy life.    

I keep getting frustrated because nothing in my life at the moment is stressful (except for my work which is stressful in the sense that I am scarred to have a panic attack there).  I keep exercising a few times a week, I eat well, avoid dairy for inflammation purposes, I don't drink alcohol, I sleep 8 hours at least, I practice my meditation and take supplements yet I see little progress in my recovery.  So my judgmental brain tells me if you are capable and strong enough to conquer anxiety you would have done it and maybe you cannot and even though you have done all of these things in order to minimize your anxiety it won't go away.  I guess I just want to know that this is still possible, and I can have a functional life.  I do feel better with rest which is nice and I should be thankful because other people are much worse.  

I also have this health anxiety that maybe the way I feel is because there is something medically wrong.  I did find a very nice naturopath.  She was so helpful and spent over and hour and half with me.  She is testing my hormones and did order some blood work which hopefully will help me to accept that there is nothing wrong with me.  She removed me from fish oil and a high dose of methyl folate as she said since I was taking this for over a year and did not get re-tested that could have been adding to my anxiety state.  She placed me on a multivitamin that stabilizes blood sugar (as I have hypoglycemia) and added a mineral complex.  She seems very nice and carrying and actually listens.  I just hope she can help me.  

I know this is a site for WD help and noone can advise on anxiety issues, but I was hoping maybe someone can provide an input on this or can relate in any sense.  Or could the WD still be happening in my case and all of these symptoms or at least a portion of them is happening because of WD?  

Sorry for a pessimistic post :|

B

apace41
15 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

I was wondering if it is possible to beat anxiety and panic attacks without medication (I believe it is possible, but just want another input). 

Blondiee,

As you know, we are in a similar boat (a rocky one at that!) when it comes to a lot of this.  I am a strong believer that anxiety and panic attacks can be dealt with through cognitive rewiring and that medicines only mask the symptoms and make things worse in the long run.

A little history - the anxiety prior to medication that I experienced included a few instances of panic attacks where I would feel sweaty, difficulty breathing, detached, and weak legs.  After they passed I felt my normal self.  When I was placed on medication it helped with panic attacks, but it did not make me feel normal.  I experienced dizziness, and social uncomfortable feeling, and tiredness (major symptoms).  Since I stopped medication and then reinstated the "anxiety" feeling I am experiencing is different compared to my pre-medication state.  I feel unsteady, dizzy, detached, weak, and I feel like I can faint at any minute when it gets more intense.  I also feel pretty exhausted alot which does not help at all.  I keep doing research on anxiety and I believe that perhaps my body after experiencing stress for some time and plus additional stress due to withdrawal depleted my system and I just cannot turn off that feeling of dizziness, detachment, weakness and fatigue.  I keep pushing forward because I do want to be medication free and I do believe in human ability and right to exist without being medicated and live a happy life.    

These are all classic signs of an overstressed CNS.  Whether that came from anxiety, withdrawal or a combination (my vote), until the nervous system is destressed if you are prone to symptoms around the stress it is hard to get rid of them.  Acceptance, as difficult as that may seem, is the key.  And it needs to be "passive" acceptance to the extent possible.  Grudgingly accepting while fighting it every step of the way does not allow the CNS to calm down.

I keep getting frustrated because nothing in my life at the moment is stressful (except for my work which is stressful in the sense that I am scarred to have a panic attack there).  I keep exercising a few times a week, I eat well, avoid dairy for inflammation purposes, I don't drink alcohol, I sleep 8 hours at least, I practice my meditation and take supplements yet I see little progress in my recovery.  So my judgmental brain tells me if you are capable and strong enough to conquer anxiety you would have done it and maybe you cannot and even though you have done all of these things in order to minimize your anxiety it won't go away.  I guess I just want to know that this is still possible, and I can have a functional life.  I do feel better with rest which is nice and I should be thankful because other people are much worse.  

The very existence of the symptoms is stressful unless and until you can completely accept them as being indications of an overstressed CNS.  Every time you feel dizzy and think "what if..." you are triggering the fight or flight mechanism, releasing more stress hormones, triggering more symptoms due to those hormones and continuing the vicious cycle that has arisen.  The health anxiety is enough of a stressor that it essentially negates all the meditation and other efforts at relaxation.  So, in fact, your life is not really without stress -- it is filled with stress 24/7, hence the conundrum.

She seems very nice and carrying and actually listens.  I just hope she can help me. 

The way she will help you is if you have faith in her that if she says, "there's nothing wrong other than stress and anxiety" you will believe her and begin the path toward accepting that what is going on is not some insidious disease but, rather, the nervous system rebelling as a result of being overstressed in combination with the introduction and withdrawal of the medicines.

By the way, I say all this as if I've conquered it.  I am in the throes of dealing with it on a constant basis so you have my full and complete empathy.

It will get better, Blondiee.  It will, unfortunately, in all likelihood take some time.

Sorry for a pessimistic post :|

No need to apologize.  It sucks and you have a right to speak your mind and seek reassurance.

Best,

Andy

Happy2Heal
3 hours ago, apace41 said:

The very existence of the symptoms is stressful unless and until you can completely accept them as being indications of an overstressed CNS.  Every time you feel dizzy and think "what if..." you are triggering the fight or flight mechanism, releasing more stress hormones, triggering more symptoms due to those hormones and continuing the vicious cycle that has arisen.  The health anxiety is enough of a stressor that it essentially negates all the meditation and other efforts at relaxation.  So, in fact, your life is not really without stress -- it is filled with stress 24/7, hence the conundrum.

Sorry to interject, but I wanted to thank you Andy for this explanation.

I was wondering myself why sometimes I'd have waves when my life is so stress free.

I don't think "what if.." when I have a symptom, but I do sometimes get angry, like, this can't still be happening, I've done my time, this should be completely over... and  I kind of freeze and try to play dead.

I read a book about animals recently that said it's more than just fight or flight, there's  a 3rd response, to freeze.

That's the one I do sometimes, maybe even more often than I know.

Blondie, this whole process makes us question ourselves SO much, it's exhausting. but I think you're on the right road and that you're going to heal completely soon.

what do you do when you get a bout of health anxiety? what helps you calm yourself down from that?

do you do things to prove to yourself that you're strong and overall quite healthy?

Just curious, I've had a tiny bit of health anxiety through out this process, although for me it's more anxiety about needing to depend on any kind of health care workers whom i have almost no faith in any more...

My thought is to find ways to reassure myself that I"m ok. I did agree to some blood testing last winter when I was getting dizzy and lightheaded and it was all fine of course. Only thing I learned was that I no longer needed hypertension meds, my blood pressure is great now! 

it's good to hear from you, I wish you were doing better but overall, you seem to be doing ok, don't you think?

focus on all the good things, all the things that have improved.

you don't have to deny that bad things still  happen, just acknowledge them, accept them and move on (or float, if need be)

you've got this!! you're going to be fine!

Blondiee1915

Andy & Happy2Heal - thank you for your support and kind words, truly means alot.  Apologies, I did not respond sooner. 

For me I am beginning to think that there is a present anxiety factor weather existing by itself or induced by withdrawal and my behavior.  I am realizing that my fear is a possibility of fainting in front of everyone or in the middle of an empty street and that implies not being in control of myself and being embarrassed.  I think it comes from my past and being on my own since 15 and making sure I was not a failure.  I believe if I can overcome this I would be better.  And when I am pretty fatigued that just takes it to another level.  And yes, I do have to learn to accept it and not fear it.  What makes me feel better is making sure I eat right and sleep enough and do my blood work to make sure there is nothing wrong.  It is like my body just does not want to accept that this could be anxiety and WD lingering.  

H2H - thank you for reminding me that I am doing okay overall,  I guess I just get greedy at times because I just want to be all better.  But yes, I think I am better.  Fatigue is still intense.  But emotionally I am better.  I do not have that lethargic heavy feeling and my mood is pretty okay.  And I truly do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.  

Hope you guys are doing okay.  I do read everyone's updates and will make sure to stop by your threads <3

Blondiee1915

I was cleaning today and came across a printout from my CBT sessions way back when.  I did enjoy this sort of therapy when I went but it became expensive and because my doctor at the time kept switching drugs it was not effective.  But I wanted to post it here for anyone who is struggling with anxiety.  

Cognitive Reappraisal - is a research supported way of managing anxiety by changing how we think.  That is, it is a tool that helps us feel less anxious by thinking in a less anxiety-provoking manner

Thoughts are not facts.  The are a form of information.  Sometimes this information corresponds well with the reality of the world.  Sometimes it does not.  Sometimes it is somewhere in the middle.  This means we cant believe everything we think, just like we cant believe everything we read.  Distorted thoughts should not be taken at face value.  They should be takes with a grain of salt!

Reappraisal promotes this goal by helping us assess our thoughts and loosen belief in those that do not hold water.  The goal is not smashing thoughts into oblivion or replacing scary ideas with blissful ones.  Rather, it is stepping back from a few paces, examining our thoughts dispassionately and seeing if a broader, anxiety-reducing reality emerges. 

When feeling anxious..... 

Step 1Identify anxiety-related thoughts (usually linked to threats):

Ask yourself questions like: What do you think will happen? What is the worst case scenario?  What is so bad about that? 

Thought identification example: I won't make a work deadline = I will get tired = I won't have enough money to feed the family = ????

Step 2. Evaluate anxious thoughts:

A.  Look for a thread overestimation 

What is the evidence for and against your thought coming true? 

Evidence for:  people sometimes get fired for missing deadlines, the economy is bad, etc.

Evidence against: I usually make deadlines in the end, I have missed passed deadlines without getting fired, if I got fired I could find another job, etc. 

Based on the evidence above what is the realistic chance that the thought will actually happen?  0%, 10%, 20%, 30%.....90%, 100%?

B.  Look for underestimating of coping ability

In the unlikely event that the thought does come true, how could you deal with it?  

Continuing with the example: use savings to push through rough patch, get small loan from a bank, borrow money from friends, use community resources/charity, etc

I started a notebook with my own examples of anxious thoughts and working them into the above example.  Because I am a numbers person and overly analytical it helps when I break it down by evidence for and evidence against of my anxious thought becoming a reality.  

Thought I'd share 

Blondiee1915

I need advice: 

I recently started working with a naturopath and she ordered a GI mapping test which showed that I have pathogens including e colli and some overgrowth bacteria.  She suggested starting a natural antibiotic (GI microb x)  and probiotics (3 probiotics) which I started on Sunday night.  Yesterday I woke up with another intense vertigo episode and I am still spinning a day later.  Do you think it is possible that addition of a natural antibiotic and probiotics triggered this episode of vertigo? I called her and she said typically the symptoms would mean a die off of bacteria and I would get stomach ache / upset but I am just feeling very dizzy and woozy and my stomach seems okay.  I also missed a dose of my notryptoline and maybe that is what is causing my vertigo and nausea, I have no idea.  

Do you think I should stop taking GI supplements, my concern is that I want to get rid of these pathogens and if I stop the supplements it won't happen.  Or should I stick it out and hope it will get better? Strange thing is I started supplements 4 days ago and was hit with vertigo on day 4.  

Any insight is much appreciated! 

Happy2Heal
22 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

I also missed a dose of my notryptoline and maybe that is what is causing my vertigo and nausea,

I'd think this was the most likely cause of your symptoms

I don't know anything about GI mapping or the like. it all sounds very suspicious to me. I had GI issues that I resolved by eating more pre-biotics, which is mainly food sources of fiber (like beans)

hope you're feeling better

Blondiee1915

Hi H2H, 

Good to hear from you, thank you for stopping by

I have no idea what caused it, but I do feel that I should have started slow with all the supplements she gave me.  I think I might be sensitive and I think it is partially my fault that I did not say anything to her in the beginning about all these supplements.  I do think it is a natural antibiotic that is triggering my vertigo.  I did not take it yesterday and felt better towards the end of the day and then I took it in the evening and felt a wave of vertigo again.  I just don't want to risk getting sicker at this point.  And I do think that if I eat a healthy diet I can "kill off" bad bacteria that way.  I saw my primary yesterday and she suggested to do a GI test there for any pathogens/bacteria.  Plus the only GI issue I experienced was bloating.  

B

Happy2Heal

most supplements make me nervous. they are not well regulated or really, regulated at all

and since most drs Rxed these other drugs (psych)for us will nilly, I personally don't trust any dr to Rx anything, natural or not. I do extensive research on my own before I put anything into my body now!! 

most of the real research done on supplements shows that they cause more problems than the cure. Also that determining the exact dose that is helpful but not harmful is not easy to do. it's the dose that determines if something is a poison or not. My mom was given mega doses of beta carotene that was supposed to help with lung cancer, it was a clinical trial that ended up making the cancer SPREAD, so they had to stop the study. Beta carotene from carrots and other foods is fine, but getting a mega dose of the stuff, not so good. When you eat a whole food, you get all the fiber and micro nutrients and plant nutrients you can't get from a pill. But they keep trying to find some magic pill that will work better than a good diet of healthy foods. It's so silly. Just eat the food. 😕

I've got a lot of friends who are now being put on massive doses of supplements that are supposed to "kill off bad bacteria" and to be honest, it all sounds very hokey to me. at best, I think they are spending a lot of money needlessly, on the other end of the scale, I worry that they are only making their problem worse. I am just really nervous about this stuff.

this article explains about the good and bad bacteria in our guts:

https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/microbiome/

JJ33

Does the naturopath think addressing GI issues is of the highest priority?

Unless you’re living in the perfect environment I think most everyone has some “imbalance” in their intestinal flora.  My understanding intestinal flora changes in response to a multitude of factors.   And we know (now) that the gut/brain connection is significant, so one can affect the other.

Could you ask which antibiotic/probiotic is of most importance and just focus on that, slowly?  Personally, I have had good luck with one probiotic, but I could live without it just fine.

Blondiee1915

She did say addressing GI issues should be a priority.  I did two tests - hormone and GI test and even though the hormone test showed low level of cortisol in the AM she said that is secondary and she is hoping some of my fatigue and dizziness is attributed to the pathogens that were found in the gut.  My only concern is the medication/WD interaction of natural antibiotic which I believe I had with this GI microb x.  I spoke with her yesterday and she told me to switch to oregano oil capsules as that acts as a pathogens destroyer too.  I started last night and I am okay so far.  I keep reading about this die of effect and how I can feel worst in the beginning as the pathogens are getting eliminated the release of them can cause symptoms initially to get worse, but how do I know if this is not a reaction of WD/med interaction.  The other thing is that the only GI concern I have is occasional bloating which I do not think is a big deal.  

I keep reading about oregano oil and there is a possible interaction and side effects, I am feeling okay since I took it yesterday, but I am just nervous still.  My options are to continue taking it or stop taking it and get another GI test (should be covered by the insurance) from my primary doctor.  And I do agree we should have some sort of bacteria and I keep thinking maybe with proper diet and some Kombucha I can be okay and just stop all these pribiotics and oregano oil.  But then my other part of the brain tells me what if these pathogens are making me fatigued I should continue.  

Hope you are doing okay.  Thank you for your input 

Junglechicken
7 minutes ago, Blondiee1915 said:

She did say addressing GI issues should be a priority.  I did two tests - hormone and GI test and even though the hormone test showed low level of cortisol in the AM she said that is secondary and she is hoping some of my fatigue and dizziness is attributed to the pathogens that were found in the gut.  My only concern is the medication/WD interaction of natural antibiotic which I believe I had with this GI microb x.  I spoke with her yesterday and she told me to switch to oregano oil capsules as that acts as a pathogens destroyer too.  I started last night and I am okay so far.  I keep reading about this die of effect and how I can feel worst in the beginning as the pathogens are getting eliminated the release of them can cause symptoms initially to get worse, but how do I know if this is not a reaction of WD/med interaction.  The other thing is that the only GI concern I have is occasional bloating which I do not think is a big deal.  

I keep reading about oregano oil and there is a possible interaction and side effects, I am feeling okay since I took it yesterday, but I am just nervous still.  My options are to continue taking it or stop taking it and get another GI test (should be covered by the insurance) from my primary doctor.  And I do agree we should have some sort of bacteria and I keep thinking maybe with proper diet and some Kombucha I can be okay and just stop all these pribiotics and oregano oil.  But then my other part of the brain tells me what if these pathogens are making me fatigued I should continue.  

Hope you are doing okay.  Thank you for your input 

Am in the same boat Blondiee......

Have had to take a break from taking Anti-fungals and wait till I'm mentally more able to cope with the supplement side of the anti-Candida diet.

For now am following the food side of the diet.

Blondiee1915

Hi JC !

That actually sounds like a good idea too.  Maybe I should also take a small break and just focus on the diet aspect.  Do you mind sharing what diet protocol you are following?  I also feel I am not emotionally capable to deal with adding all these supplements and it creates even greater anxiety for me at the moment.  Perhaps stabilizing first from that whole vertigo fiasco should be my priority. 

Nice to meet you :)

Junglechicken
2 minutes ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi JC !

That actually sounds like a good idea too.  Maybe I should also take a small break and just focus on the diet aspect.  Do you mind sharing what diet protocol you are following?  I also feel I am not emotionally capable to deal with adding all these supplements and it creates even greater anxiety for me at the moment.  Perhaps stabilizing first from that whole vertigo fiasco should be my priority. 

Nice to meet you :)

Hey Blondiee!

Nice meeting you too :0)

My issue was not being able to differentiate between WD and/or "die-off" symptoms.......the mouth "issue" I had (turned out not to be an issue), put me into a high state of anxiety.  Initially thought it was oral thrush on account of suppressed immune system, caused by WD/die off??

My naturopath said that because I decided to hit 0mg AND do the anti-Candida diet......it's TOO much for me to cope with.

I am following a detox diet (but anti-Candida) by a company called "Nutri-Advanced".  I actually did it last year.  I don't have the exact same set of supplements as I had last year, but I am still taking supplements by them.

Am doing this for 3 months.

What protocol are you following?

JC

Blondiee1915

Sounds interesting.  I will check out the protocol you are referring to.  I am actually new to this as I never experienced GI issues and found out my results a week ago.  I am just eating clean, eliminating dairy, sugar and processed foods and taking supplements such as mutli vitamin, mineral, iron, magnesium.  Your naturopath sounds reasonable suggesting it might be much for you at the moment.  Maybe I should do the same and listen to my body and once feel better continue with the GI supplements.  😐

Junglechicken
9 minutes ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Sounds interesting.  I will check out the protocol you are referring to.  I am actually new to this as I never experienced GI issues and found out my results a week ago.  I am just eating clean, eliminating dairy, sugar and processed foods and taking supplements such as mutli vitamin, mineral, iron, magnesium.  Your naturopath sounds reasonable suggesting it might be much for you at the moment.  Maybe I should do the same and listen to my body and once feel better continue with the GI supplements.  😐

I have been working with her for over a year now, so she knows me pretty well, and my struggle to get of ADs etc.,

Sounds like you are on the right track, .....your diet is basically what I'm doing.

If the anti-fungal are causing you to have die-off symptoms, then back off those completely and eat foods rich in anti-fungal properties.  It will be gentler on you.

YES, listen to your body!

Justcope
On 10/23/2016 at 5:32 AM, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi!

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  I really appreciate any feedback 

I just adjusted my signature and added my history 

I am so nervous to reinstate lexapro and I am not sure if I should hold off a bit longer.  Considering I was on this medication on and off for 9 years maybe I need to withdraw much slower I am not sure.  I feel hopeless and sad that this is how I feel and it is not getting better.  I want to go to the gym to run outside, go to yoga, take my dog to a park.  But the spinning and disbalance, detached feeling,  clogging in ears feeling of omg I might faint (anxiety? side effect?) is preventing me from all this.  

I dont know if I should call my old psychiatrist or find a new one that take my insurance or just reinstate lexapro myself which I really dont want to do it is like going back and reversing :(((((( 

very discouraged today and just feel like a loser for not being able to be "normal" and handle life 

I was on Lexapro for 5 years. I was on 20mg and currently on 5mg, and too scared to stop. I’ve felt almost everything you have. My issues are mostly emotional. 3 months is not long so sounds like you’re still recovering from stopping the meds. I believe from what I’ve read, the longer you have taken meds, the longer it may take for your brain to heal. I would have thought it may be closer to 6 months- 1 year to see improvements... 

do you ever have a window- times when you almost feel normal? 

Blondiee1915

Justcope - 

I am sorry you are struggling with WD.  The post that you quoted was from over a year and half ago and I did improve from that somewhat.  I do not believe I had any windows where I felt like pre medication but I do have days where they are more manageable than before. 

I also think that I have an underlying anxiety issues which adds up to my symptoms such as dizziness and fatigue and that lexapro significantly depleted my adrenals where I am suspecting adrenal fatigue. There are a few people on here that suffer from lexapro fatigue. As far as emotional symptoms go I am doing okay.  The lethargy that I felt and intense fear are no longer present which I am thankful for.  

As far as my recovery goes these are the things that I do:  clean diet (no sugar and simple carbs),  light cardio/ yoga 2-3 times a week,  supplements (magnesium, iron, fish oil and adrenal supplements, vitamin b complex), meditation before bed 10/15 mins deep body scan, occasional journalizing,  in bed by 9.30 10 to make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep

did you taper slowly? Do you suffer from fatigue? I would say listen to your body and take it as slow as possible

Justcope
4 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Justcope - 

I am sorry you are struggling with WD.  The post that you quoted was from over a year and half ago and I did improve from that somewhat.  I do not believe I had any windows where I felt like pre medication but I do have days where they are more manageable than before. 

I also think that I have an underlying anxiety issues which adds up to my symptoms such as dizziness and fatigue and that lexapro significantly depleted my adrenals where I am suspecting adrenal fatigue. There are a few people on here that suffer from lexapro fatigue. As far as emotional symptoms go I am doing okay.  The lethargy that I felt and intense fear are no longer present which I am thankful for.  

As far as my recovery goes these are the things that I do:  clean diet (no sugar and simple carbs),  light cardio/ yoga 2-3 times a week,  supplements (magnesium, iron, fish oil and adrenal supplements, vitamin b complex), meditation before bed 10/15 mins deep body scan, occasional journalizing,  in bed by 9.30 10 to make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep

did you taper slowly? Do you suffer from fatigue? I would say listen to your body and take it as slow as possible

My Dr tried to taper me off over 2 weeks. Dropped from 20 to 10 mg strait away. This hit like a ton of bricks so I slowed down myself. I stayed on 10mg for about 6 weeks then dropped to 5mg. This drop is proving difficult. It’s been about 6 weeks that I’m on 5mg and still very up and down. Not stabilising as I did on 10mg. 

I already had anxiety so I know this plays a part, I just thought I’d worked up enough coping skills to manage it. Boy was I wrong! 😂 

I’m not sure about the lexapro fatigue. I’m pretty tired often, but the insistent anxiety gives me some energy. Prob not in a good way. 

I got a cold recently and it’s taken over two weeks to shake it- this never happens to me. My sleep is a little over the place which is a bummer as I was always a good sleeper. 

I will definitely take your advice. I now need to be in bed by 10pm to sleep 8 hours because my body automatically wakes pretty early now. That’s maybe a good thing? I’m not late to work anymore! But if I have s late night, and I’m extra tired the next day, my anxiety is sky high 😞 

I’m learning that I need to eat as well as you also. If I eat something bad, I will inevitably feel awful. 

I was meditating before bed. I will pick this up again. I was going for walks daily which I believe I need to do- I skipped 2 weeks from being sick and now anxiety is rampant. 

Was I have noticed is the 1 -2 weeks before my period(pms?) I’m much worse. This is where I struggle the most.