IDK

Finding out neutransmitters damage

IDK   
IDK

Are there any tests and scans one could do in order to know what is the status of neurotransmitters after taking a neuroleptic? Is there a way to see what is the chemical imbalance of a brain?

Petunia   
Petunia

No, there is no way to test brain chemical balance in a living brain. The tests some alternative practitioners offer, which test various body fluids, are not helpful, they don't reflect brain chemistry, which is actually fluctuating all the time.

From your signature, it looks like you weren't taking the neuroleptic for very long, so I would assume any changes are minimal and temporary. Permanent brain damage usually only occurs in long term, high dose use, so stop worrying.

Anxious thoughts cause stress and stress can slow healing, so focus your thoughts on something pleasant. This topic may help:

Changing the channel

Shortcake   
Shortcake

Is there a way to see if withdrawal has caused brain damage? Eeg maybe?  After 17 years on effexor and the way I came off I'm starting to wonder.  

apathetic   
apathetic
On 7/24/2017 at 3:28 PM, Shortcake said:

Is there a way to see if withdrawal has caused brain damage? Eeg maybe?  After 17 years on effexor and the way I came off I'm starting to wonder.  

Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain.

Shortcake   
Shortcake

I work in MRI... And have had an MRI of the brain... Didnt show anything.  They werent looking for brain damage though.  Though I think itd be hard for them to tell if there's any damage if they dont have a full MRI of beforehand.  

Plshelp   
Plshelp

I've heard that a qeeg or spect scan will show damage caused and levels of functioning in certain areas in the brain. You must seek out a neuropsychologist for this kinda testing.