TweetyRose

TweetyRose: Prozac 10 mgs for 5 months, cold-turkeyed, protracted withdrawal

O2bhappy

TweetyRose -

I had the blurred vision for a couple of months.  Some days were worse then others.  I am still having issues with bright lights and the sun and I am 17 months off Prozac.  We have been having some cloudy days and I am grateful for them. 

TweetyRose

I just wish I knew when it will end. I want the Blurred vision to stop so badly!????

O2bhappy

TweetyRose -

I understand.  I hope it stops sooner then later for you. 

TweetyRose

ALTOSTRATA,

I have a question for you. I have been in wd for over 8 months. How much longer should I wait to reach my "normal"?

Is reinstatement completely off the table now?

TweetyRose

????

TweetyRose

Any advice on reinstatement from ANYONE will do at this point...

Happy2Heal

Any advice on reinstatement from ANYONE will do at this point...

I'm so sorry  you are feeling so badly.  I'm having a bad day too so I can sympathize

I can't tell you if reinstatement would help but I surely understand the urge to do so!! I have considered it SO many times it's not even funny

i've asked this same question so many times as well.

In the end its up to you. I was about er, 5 mos off of lexapro when I reinstated and I was warned that it might not work. It has helped to even out a LOT of the symptoms, and even though I am very unhappy to still be dealing with such severe insomnia, when I look at it and am honest with myself, I am so much better off NOW than I was back in the fall.

are you keeping a daily log of your symptoms? are they getting more or less better over time, with some not so good days and some good or better days- or even hours?

is it "just" the blurred vision that is upsetting you? I put that in quotes because I know how upsetting and disorienting it is to have blurred vision, it's been on my symptoms for a long time.

I have noticed that If I am upset, esp if I am angry or aggravated, the blurred vision gets much worse. You know the expression "seeing red" ?

I really think that anger, esp, affects our vision. I have never noticed the blurriness being that bad when I am happy. It could be when I'm happy I just don't notice it, I don't know

what else is going on that makes you feel like you need to reinstate?

scallywag

ALTOSTRATA,

I have a question for you. I have been in wd for over 8 months. How much longer should I wait to reach my "normal"?

Is reinstatement completely off the table now?

These medications are prescribed and dispensed so casually that most of us don't know about "discontinuation syndrome" or how bad the symptoms can get. Few doctors and pharmacists take the time to make sure that we are FULLY informed so that we can give informed consent.  Given the experience of getting symptoms and then finding out that they could have been minimized or prevented with a cautious taper, we understandably seek certainty in future decisions. Once burned, twice shy.

Unfortunately reinstatement doesn't offer certainty, it is more craft and educated guesswork than science.

Others have observed (peers not medical professionals) that reinstatement is more predictably effective when done soon after the last dose. That doesn't mean that someone who reinstates after 3 weeks won't have a negative reaction or that someone who reinstates after 5 months won't get symptom relief. There are a handful of member here who have reinstated after the "optimal window" of 0-12 weeks, one reinstated 8 or 9 months after.

Have you read the reinstatement discussion topic: About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.

TweetyRose

Catnapt,

The symptoms that are bothering me in addition to the blurred vision is the headaches, breathing difficulties, anhedonia, hopelessness, and fatigue.

I just want to be my normal self again. Im so tired of this. I feel trapped inside a nightmare.

TweetyRose

I am at 10 months in wd. Most of my symptoms have disappeared while the ones that remain are mild most days.

However, what are the odds of my blurry vision NEVER healing? What if it is permanent?

direstraits

However, what are the odds of my blurry vision NEVER healing? What if it is permanent?

this is what I worry about ,too, it's mainly my left eye. it's always blurry...I'm almost 3 years off paxil.

TweetyRose

Hi, hope all is well. I wanted to get your advice on something...I am 20 months off ssri and still having vision issues.

My vision is blurred, unfocused. It is akin to the vision you have when you are sleepy or you have just awaken from sleeping. Only, I am like this majority of the day.

I am wondering, at this point, if it is permanent or if I just need glasses at this point?

TweetyRose

Hi, hope all is well. I wanted to get your advice on something...I am 20 months off ssri and still having vision issues.

My vision is blurred, unfocused. It is akin to the vision you have when you are sleepy or you have just awaken from sleeping. Only, I am like this majority of the day.

I am wondering, at this point, if it is permanent or if I just need glasses at this point?

Frogie
21 minutes ago, TweetyRose said:

I'm not a dr or a mod, but I have blurry vision too. My glasses were purchased at one of those places where you get your eyes checked and glasses in an hour. I don't think they are right. I have problems with the tv also. I've been having headaches too. I'm going Monday to an eye dr and have it done right. If I were you, I would have your eyes checked and go from there. But talk to a mod. They know a lot more than me. Take care, Frogie xx

Junglechicken

So do I, got my eyes tested last year and was prescribed glasses.

My vision is out only by a small amount, but it feels as though its declining gradually - an aging thing?

I'm certain Lexapro had something to do with it as I really only noticed the decline when I started taking the drug.

I'll be 44 this year.

dj2010
14 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

So do I, got my eyes tested last year and was prescribed glasses.

My vision is out only by a small amount, but it feels as though its declining gradually - an aging thing?

I'm certain Lexapro had something to do with it as I really only noticed the decline when I started taking the drug.

I'll be 44 this year.

I also have vision problems and I went for a eye test recently, I wrote the below a few months ago in my update:

During my last wave my eyesight got very bad, my long distance has been deteriorating a lot over the last few months, its a lot worse during waves and gets a lot better during windows, I went to the opticians to get a eye test and was fearing the worse, I had the test and was told my eyesight had actually improved since my last test which was done before withdrawal and was given some new weaker prescription glasses which I use for driving only, I explained to the optician about the withdrawal and he told me the reason why my long distance is very blurry is because of all that is going on inside my brain and the poor sleep, he said my eye muscles will not be working as they should but assured me once my brain has levelled out and I am sleeping good again my eye muscles will start working properly and my vision will return to normal, I was very shock but came out with big weight off shoulders,

over the last couple months my eye sight has improved a lot, its a lot sharper than it was but still not as it should be, I am sure yours will improve the more your brain heals,

take care

Hellbutrin
On 1/19/2018 at 4:23 PM, TweetyRose said:

Is this the only issue you are still having? Do you have any remaining psychological issues from withdrawal? I’m also struggling with dry/blurry eyes, but I can tolerate them if I know that the psychological symptoms eventually get better 

Dalalea

I’m sorry you’re having vision problems. I wear glasses already and have a vision appointment coming up. I’m nervous to find out whether I’ll need a stronger prescription. 

nr47
On 1/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, TweetyRose said:

Do you have any other issues accompanying your vision issues? I don't want to assume anything, but like your bio says, maybe it's part of that "protracted withdrawal?"

-N

TweetyRose

I am 23 months out from my 4.5 month fluoxetine usage/cold turkey wd from the ssri. Still experiencing symptoms.

However, I recently found out I had Mono. Doc said it wasn't a recent or active infection, but antibodies were present in my blood. I am very sad and scared right now.

With that said, do you guys think it will impede my recover? I am starting to feel like I may never fully recover and am losing hope daily. I didnt use the ssri that long, and 2 years later am not fully recovered. Please help guys.

coldturkmama

I believe everyone will recover eventually, but “when” is the hard part. I’ve read so many stories where recovery happened 1-2 years out and that discourages many who suffer longer, such as myself. 

However, I’ve read a lot of stories where people didn’t recover until 4-8 years (not that I think you’ll take that long) but the point is: they all recovered!!! Try to hold on to hope, it’s all we have. 

SkyBlue

TweetyRose, 

Welcome to SA. There is hope; you will heal. The overwhelming experience is that people do heal from these drugs. 

Not sure how having mono might affect it; I wouldn't think it would affect your recovery too much.

When did you stop the Prozac cold-turkey?

Please keep notes of your daily symptom pattern on paper, if possible.

Here is some more info that might help: 

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

Again, welcome to SA.

Altostrata
On 4/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, TweetyRose said:

I am at 10 months in wd. Most of my symptoms have disappeared while the ones that remain are mild most days.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, TweetyRose said:

Did you ever get your eyes checked to see if you need glasses?

I don't believe mono is connected at all to your withdrawal syndrome. What other withdrawal syndrome symptoms do you have now?

Don't start a bunch of topics all over the site, it creates unnecessary work for the mods. Please post your questions here in your Intro topic.

TweetyRose

Sorry. I am still a bit unclear on how to properly post on the site. 

My optometrists did prescribe me glasses. But, the focusing issues are not just from my eyes. I feel half sleep/drunk much of the time.

It goes beyond my "eyes".

My remaining symptoms are headaches, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, and what I think is either derealization or depersanalization. 

I think it is tied to my vision. 2 years later, still going on. Still sensitive to certain foods and meds, can't drink alcohol now without feeling anxiety. I no longer get the "pleasurable" feeling from drinking. So I don't even bother now. 4.5 monrhs of 10 mgs of fluoxetine (prozac) traded for 2 years and counting of torment :(

Altostrata

Just post in this topic for now.

Please don't drink alcohol, at all, it causes more problems with a sensitized nervous system. Stay away from foods and meds to which you react.

What is your sleep pattern? What is the condition of your thyroid?

TweetyRose

I sleep well for the most part. Unless I have anxiety that particular night or feel stressed. My thyroid levels were normal.

I pray I am not the unfortunate person who doesn't heal from this. 2 years is a long time for 4.5 months. Blows my mind.

TweetyRose

I also have bad memory trouble since being in wd. It seems to be getting worse. If I cant remember things at 33, I am not looking forward to growing old.

TweetyRose

Had a hard day today. Wasn't feeling well and blurry vision was extreme. 

All I can think of is the fact that I ate cheetos.  Haven't done that in months.

Recovery, recovery.....come soon. :(

coldturkmama
On 4/25/2018 at 2:34 AM, TweetyRose said:

I sleep well for the most part. Unless I have anxiety that particular night or feel stressed. My thyroid levels were normal.

I pray I am not the unfortunate person who doesn't heal from this. 2 years is a long time for 4.5 months. Blows my mind.

Its mind blowing but you will heal with time.

Ozil

Tweetyrose I have been 3 years off paxil please hold on there , u will surely recover and your good are going to increase day by day. Ya but those waves come back from nowhere but believe me they passes

TweetyRose

Lately I've been feeling as if I am losing my mind or suffering some type of brain degeneration. And it scares me.

Has anyone suffered anything like this?

TweetyRose

Is anyone there? I really need to talk to someone. I feel scared and panicked mentally. Not sure what to do. Please help

TweetyRose

Will an unhealthy diet or eating sugar stop me from healing? I crave chocolate in particular. Always have.

Also, its been 2 years in wd on May 26. I  am now wondering, is permanent brain damage a real possibility for me? 

Rosetta

Hi, I think we all heal.  I'm sorry you aren't getting better.  Is vision the only problem right now?

TweetyRose

Along with vision issues, I also have memory trouble, depersonalization/derealization, slight anhedonia, anxiety issues.

It seems like things are just staying the same. I hope I am wrong. I can't help but think that drinking while taking prozac for 4.5 months--then quitting both cold turkey caused some type of severe damage in me. I hope Im wrong.

Im just looking for hope because I feel like giving up and ending my suffering often.

coldturkmama
41 minutes ago, TweetyRose said:

Will an unhealthy diet or eating sugar stop me from healing? I crave chocolate in particular. Always have.

Also, its been 2 years in wd on May 26. I  am now wondering, is permanent brain damage a real possibility for me? 

I honestly don’t think it’s permanent. I know it sucks but healing can take place 3-4, 5 years out and more.