TweetyRose

TweetyRose: Prozac 10 mgs for 5 months, cold-turkeyed, protracted withdrawal

Rosetta

Don't give up.  Further recovery can come at any time.  You will get well.  Try not to worry about when you will be fully healed.  (Very hard I know.). Keep trying.  On days you succeed you will have a better day while you wait for improvements.  

I know now it's very frustrating especially when you only had less than 5 months of Prozac, but that doesn't seem to determine when someone will heal.  Cordturkmama is right.  At 2 years you are 2 years closer to whenever it is you will be done, but being done isn't the goal.  Living well now is.  You will get better every day even if you can't see the improvement when they are happening.  

Rosetta

TweetyRose

Thank you all for your support.

I really need. I don't have much support in my personal life. Just trying to stay strong. Its getting harder though. I'm praying for a full recovery soon.

On another note--does anyone know if consuming chocolate daily or weekly will stop or slow recovery?

Carmie
On 5/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, TweetyRose said:

Will an unhealthy diet or eating sugar stop me from healing? I crave chocolate in particular. Always have.

Also, its been 2 years in wd on May 26. I  am now wondering, is permanent brain damage a real possibility for me? 

Hi Tweetyrose, 

No, I don’t think it’s permanent brain damage. It just takes a really long time to heal. 

An unhealthy diet and sugar isn’t great for healing but despite that you will still heal. I haven’t eaten sweets in a long time and I don’t crave them. Actually I can’t stand the thought of eating them. My sweets are fruits. 

If you decide to cut down on junk food you eventually won’t crave it. I don’t crave it at all. 

Hope all all goes well in your healing process, sending hugs🤗

TweetyRose

Good morning all,

Does anyone know what receptors or chemicals in the brain Prozac (generic fluoxetine) target?

Im just wondering what was affected in my brain?

SkyBlue

Hi Tweety,

You might find this thread helpful: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/6036-why-taper-paper-demonstrates-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration/?tab=comments#comment-82306

Brassmonkey just created a post that talks about the healing process here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/?tab=comments#comment-354109

You might also want to search this site for "brain remodeling" and I'm sure a Google search could tell you more about which enzymes process which SSRIs, etc.

Can you please create a "signature" which will be shown under each post you write? It will help people who read your thread, so they can quickly know where you're currently at in your journey.

Click on this link to open the correct page in User Settings:
Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"

Edited by SkyBlue
spacing

TweetyRose

Thank you. I updated my signature. Hopefully it shows. I am not new to the site. I have been around for 2 years, which is the durationof my wd.

Unfortunately, I still have so many questions. I still suffer quite a bit and it brings me here a lot. 

As of now, it's either come here and seek support (I don't have much in my personal life) or try to permanently end my suffering on my own. I am tired and often feel hopeless. 

TweetyRose

On the bright side, I now know my vision issues are derealization.

Its been this way for 2 years. Hopefully it wont be permanent and it goes away on its own.

direstraits
4 hours ago, TweetyRose said:

On the bright side, I now know my vision issues are derealization

can you describe this?

my vision isn't right but it's hard to describe.

thanks

TweetyRose

I found this on a depersonalization forum. It describes my vision experience nearly perfectly. 

20180521_183345.png

direstraits

thanks for your response...think I might have this.

sorry to read of your suffering and lack of support in your personal life,you can always count on SA for support.

I'm still dealing with WD after 4 years.

here for you if you need to talk.

take care,ds

TweetyRose
30 minutes ago, direstraits said:

thanks for your response...think I might have this.

sorry to read of your suffering and lack of support in your personal life,you can always count on SA for support.

I'm still dealing with WD after 4 years.

here for you if you need to talk.

take care,ds

How long were you on meds and what meds?

direstraits

it's all in my signature.

TweetyRose

I can't see signatures. Maybe its because m on my phone and not a computer. 🤷‍♀

Anywho, does anyone know if depersonalization and derealization go away? 

direstraits
5 minutes ago, TweetyRose said:

I can't see signatures. Maybe its because m on my phone and not a computer

oh,OK.

I was on and off several ADs for 20 years,

mostly Prozac,but also Effexor,Wellbutrin,briefly Celexa and lastly Paxil.

I think I've read here that the DP/DR eventually goes away...hang in there.

ds

TweetyRose

Oh, I see. I used prozac too. 

I am definitely trying to hold on. It's hard though.

I hope you recover soon too. *Hugs*

direstraits

thanks.

at least you have youth on your side.

hugs back to you.

TweetyRose

I am turning 34. Hopefully that does help me, because I don't *feel* so young anymore lol