SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Resilience After Trauma

Shanti

Definition of RESILIENCE

: an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change

We do our best to take care of the physical symptom as we can. One thing that in my view is the hardest part of this process is the emotional and spiritual trauma. That's why I focus so much on spirit and hope.

There is a three part documentary at Netflix called "This Emotional Life". It's also available on Amazon Instant Video and sold on Ebay.

I like the third episode. It's called "Rethinking Happiness". It's such an inspiring movie. It's all about how people that have gone through serious trauma, bounced back and now say they are much stronger and happier after going through such trials. One part is a man that was severely tortured as a POW for 8 years. All these people thought they would never be able to recover and have a happy life right after, but in time they are even happier than before the trauma. It's really good with the studies about this. I highly recommend it! It's a good message of Hope.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Many POWs were asked if they could go back and never have that experience in their life, most said no. They say that the experience made them learn so much about themselves that they wouldn't have otherwise learned.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I am in need of a bit of inspiration at the moment as I have had a bit of a setback recently.

Thanks for posting this Shanti :)

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Hi Gem. I'm glad if that can bring a little hope to someone.

I don't deny that many VETS and POWs suffer greatly with PTSD. But there are a large number of those POWs that came out better people in their own eyes. So what's the difference? How come some come out a wreck and some come out like the ones in the story?

I believe it is optimism, hope and faith. I think it is a mindset and a decision to make. "I'm going through this, so how am I going to look at it?".

The Shamans that go through the Shaman sickness have to make a choice when their in it. To grab onto spirit and rise above it. It is said that for the Shaman sickness, if they don't do this, they will die of their sickness. Those who come out of it are made the Shaman of the tribe because they have full experience of every level of consciousness and the Wisdom gained through it all. They become great healers of the physical, mental, and spiritual.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thanks Shanti, I remember watching this when it first came out but something that would be good to view again.

You are so right that our spirit is right in the middle of this situation with our body and mind and we need to do things to feed it as well. Good thread!

xxxx

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy