SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

ISEPP Conference -- Oct. 28-29, 2011

Barbarannamated

Yes, I think you can get it through FOIA.

There's some kind of unpublished information on prolonged withdrawal syndrome out there. Peter Haddad alludes to it, Richard Shelton knows about it, and a psychiatrist high up in the UCSF faculty told me Alan Schatzberg knows about it (the psychiatrist knew about it, too, but still refused to discuss it with me).

Just reviewing this thread..

I remembered after Kirsch was on 20/20 (60 Minutes?), I exchanged messages with a few people, including J. Leo, and found disturbing info about the many ways and places that clinical trials disappear. This article on Pharmalot speaks of the problem. In a nutshell, there is no official oversight. Trials can be started, changed, stopped, etc with no official governing body.

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/02/where-have-all-the-unreported-clinical-trials-gone/

I'm skeptical about NIH and FDA overseeing pharma.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).