MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

I find this talk helpful about what we focus on and I totally understand about the misery but the channel has to be changed .

Respect

PB

oh excellent post PB

mind if i save this?

off course not ,your very welcome .I think he has great insight .I'm a big fan .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

It seems from your comment below that you don't even bother to check out the links which we have been giving you.

"as far as the graduated cylinder I don't know where to get one what it looks like or even what it is"

I gave you the link to one in this post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I know people order them on Amazon.com. I never used one. I use liquid Lexapro, so I pour it into a medicine cup and draw the syringe from there.

Liquid Lexapro is so much easier and you know you are getting the exact dosage. Will your insurance pay for liquid Zoloft, or does it come in liquid? It would be worth checking out. :)

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Yes I do I've already watched the link or video and I'm trying to find other things even now to help take my mind or my focus as the video suggested away fork these symptoms but like right now I got an extra day off this week because of the holiday and I sleep ok till 8:30am after going to bed at 12:00pm last night and then I tried to drive to the store earlier but had to turn around and come back because of how severe the symptoms were and almost just breaking down and having a panic attack on top of everything so I'm trying but again if these symptoms weren't this severe and their hadn't been this much of a change in the last two weeks I wouldn't be here asking for help and trying to understand why and what to do about it.

The only reason I describe my symptoms is because I don't understand it myself and that's to make it clear what they are to try and get some help with what I'm going through not to annoy anyone or make anyone upset at me.

If y'all give up on me I will have no one to help with this and it's been so bad today I've almost went to the hospital twice and even tried to do the dishes earlier and could not stand up long enough or get my mind to function long enough to do it.

I'm so sorry it really is this bad. Today has hit me even harder it's like my brain and my central nervous is about to completely fall apart and this is the first time I've felt this desperate and panicky since I started work to the point I couldn't do anything or even drive without not being all to breath or feeling so detached from reality with the severe pressure and physical symptoms in my head along with the severe emotional symptoms DP/DR confusion racing thoughts since I started work.

I'm here by myself right now but I just called my mom and told her I needed her to come home just to have someone here it's this bad.

I honestly feel between the emotional and physical symptoms I'm about to have a complete nervous breakdown and it's very scary and I don't know what to do or if this wave or uptick is gonna subside or just continue like today to get worse?

Again I haven't changed the Zoloft at all in a long time so I'm still wandering if this is that wall or massive upswing in symptoms between 6-9 months of benzo WD or what but this is crazy.

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

As far as the liquid Zoloft I've never checked into it but I have one more scrip for the 100mg tablets I've been dissolving in water then I go back to the doctor so I guess I could ask then but right now I'm just trying to survive with completely losing it with this wave and massive uptick in symptoms and I was gonna remeasure today since I was off to see where I was at with that and using this sports bottle but I can't stand up or focus long enough to do it

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

You could call the pharmacy and see if Zoloft comes in liquid.

If it does, I would be on the phone begging the dr for it, not using the tablets.

Do you go to therapy? I do once a week, it keeps me from losing it. I'm doing CBT right now, I think that would be really good for you.

You need to write one thing down everyday that was good. Pretty soon, you will learn that life is no bed of roses but not as bad as you think it is.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus

STOP!

In your reply to JanCarol's post you say "I appreciate all the help I get here and I do not take for granted and of the advice you give but"

and then you go on to describe your symptoms again and then ask the same questions again.

GO BACK

And read JanCarol's post which you replied to.  And then read it again from beginning to end.

NOTE

what she has said:

• Talking about your symptoms is only making you worse.
  • nothing you've described is out of the ordinary.

Find something every day that you are grateful for and post it here.

Stop with the symptoms, start with the positives.  You will see a difference.

• you are a hard worker, you can do it.
  • I would hazard a guess that you will not get better while posting about your symptoms.

You might get better posting about your gratitude and positives.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Ms cheesie cat I'm thankful to still be alive and I'm thankful for all your and everyone's help that is a understatement but these symptoms are horrible and very scary and like I said I explain them to try and get help with them and figure out what I'm doing wrong and why such and increase or wave of symptoms over the past two weeks and it's got even worse today to the point I can not function at all all I can do is lay here in bed in complete torture suffering and pain and I really do feel like I'm losing my mind and the physical and emotional symptoms are really that severe.

If they were not I wouldn't be here asking for help.

There is so much pressure pain burning and numbness in my head it feels like it's gonna explode and I can't even stand up or drive today and it hasn't been that bad since I started work. I'm extremely weak nauseous light headed dizzy and my nervous system is so bad I'm having a hard time writing this.

The emotional symptoms are so severe I feel like I'm losing all since of myself and reality and the confusion DP/DR horrible intrusive and racing thoughts SU/HM ideation extreme anxiety panic it's really that bad and it's so bad my mom is wanting to take me to the hospital but the hospital the last time I went and they detoxed me they just pulled me off xanex Ct and then put me on Zoloft which is part of the problem now and that's all they will do is look at me like I'm crazy and try and put me on more drugs so I'm really struggling here and I really don't know what to do?

hi maize I cant give u medication advice ,but I will tell you that I had a breakdown in November and my doctor was talking about psychiatric hospital and this scared the life out of me ,I told him no way and I still have the recommendation letter ,I keep it to make sure I stay on the correct path ,

please give your mind a break and read up on how to calm yourself down ,your mind will torture yourself, no one for one second doesn't believe your symptoms ,I've had some scary times the last few months ,please take the advice from the great experienced folk on this site .

there is no magic solution we all know that but it does get better ,I'm getting past a pretty bad couple of weeks and proud of it .

IM not recommending my way at all but giving an example and the simple fact is doctors can make things even worse ,this is why alto is amazing for this  site ,I've got this far with a huge help from this site.

take great care

respect

PB  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Talking about your symptoms is only making you worse.

Stop with the symptoms

you will not get better while posting about your symptoms

Ms cheesie cat I'm thankful to still be alive and I'm thankful for all your and everyone's help that is a understatement but these symptoms are horrible and very scary and like I said I explain them to try and get help with them and figure out what I'm doing wrong and why such and increase or wave of symptoms over the past two weeks and it's got even worse today to the point I can not function at all all I can do is lay here in bed in complete torture suffering and pain and I really do feel like I'm losing my mind and the physical and emotional symptoms are really that severe.

There is so much pressure pain burning and numbness in my head it feels like it's gonna explode and I can't even stand up or drive today and it hasn't been that bad since I started work. I'm extremely weak nauseous light headed dizzy and my nervous system is so bad I'm having a hard time writing this.

The emotional symptoms are so severe I feel like I'm losing all since of myself and reality and the confusion DP/DR horrible intrusive and racing thoughts SU/HM ideation extreme anxiety panic it's really that bad and it's so bad my mom is wanting to take me to the hospital but the hospital the last time I went and they detoxed me they just pulled me off xanex Ct and then put me on Zoloft which is part of the problem now and that's all they will do is look at me like I'm crazy and try and put me on more drugs so I'm really struggling here and I really don't know what to do?

You can say NO! You have that right. No one can make you do something you don't want to do.

You need to calm yourself down. I've been there, and had Altostrata yelling at me. I calmed down. I started journaling and googling ways to keep myself calmed down. Did you ever download the app "Calm" I told you about? It helps a lot!

I hear yoga is really good. I do Pilates.

But you have to stop saying thank you for the information, BUT, because the mods have 1,000's of people to help. They can't give you 24/7 attention (I thought they could me). I learned really fast that if you leave all the stuff behind that you've talked about forever, they will be happy to help you. But they can't keep answering the same questions.

Like I said go to therapy. It really helps. They get paid to listen over and over. But they will put a stop to it and teach you skills to live life.

I'm really trying to help you. I don't want to see you being ignored, but that's what's it's coming down too.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Great post Frogie.  Thank you!!!

Great post Frogie.  Thank you!!!

You're welcome.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well I'm trying and I do appreciate all the help but no one else understands what I'm going through not even the doctors or my family I even just had my ex that dumped me again after 3 months tell me I needed to get some help and I was basically crazy that this couldn't be benzo WD after 7 months and she couldn't be with me like this so I feel extremely alone and these symptoms are really that severe so if I don't ask or talk to anyone how am I saposed to know if this is normal benzo WD or the Zoloft and what actions to take with the mess and all this other?

That's my whole point to this after 7 months to get hit this hard has thrown me for a loop and not knowing what's still benzo vs Zoloft is making it worse so I'm at a loss and just looking for a reason to believe I'm gonna survive this or even to know what to do with the Zoloft and the benzo WD.

• Moderator Emeritus

You can say NO! You have that right. No one can make you do something you don't want to do.

You need to calm yourself down. I've been there, and had Altostrata yelling at me. I calmed down. I started journaling and googling ways to keep myself calmed down. Did you ever download the app "Calm" I told you about? It helps a lot!

I hear yoga is really good. I do Pilates.

But you have to stop saying thank you for the information, BUT, because the mods have 1,000's of people to help. They can't give you 24/7 attention (I thought they could me). I learned really fast that if you leave all the stuff behind that you've talked about forever, they will be happy to help you. But they can't keep answering the same questions.

Like I said go to therapy. It really helps. They get paid to listen over and over. But they will put a stop to it and teach you skills to live life.

I'm really trying to help you. I don't want to see you being ignored, but that's what's it's coming down too.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Change the Channel

Redirect: Another Way To Change Cognitive Framing

I'm going to give you an example of cognitive re-framing.

You wrote:

I tried to drive to the store earlier but had to turn around and come back 

Change that to:  "I made it halfway to the store.  I made it home safely!"  and maybe:  I'm grateful!

You wrote:

I've almost went to the hospital twice 

Change that to:  "I didn't go to hospital, and I'm still alive to tell the tale!"  And:  I'm grateful.

I found ONE positive in your post, only 3 words of positive in the whole post:

I sleep ok

HEY!  Feel the gratitude.  Give thanks.  Say a prayer or a hallelujah!  You sleep okay!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Change the Channel

Redirect: Another Way To Change Cognitive Framing

I'm going to give you an example of cognitive re-framing.

You wrote:

I tried to drive to the store earlier but had to turn around and come back 

Change that to:  "I made it halfway to the store.  I made it home safely!"  and maybe:  I'm grateful!

You wrote:

I've almost went to the hospital twice 

Change that to:  "I didn't go to hospital, and I'm still alive to tell the tale!"  And:  I'm grateful.

I found ONE positive in your post, only 3 words of positive in the whole post:

I sleep ok

HEY!  Feel the gratitude.  Give thanks.  Say a prayer or a hallelujah!  You sleep okay!

That's awesome JanCarol.

You need to post that like you posted the one you wrote me. :)

Take care,

Frogie

I'm trying to focus on the positive and maintain a level of hope that things will get better but honestly these symptoms have gotten so bad and severe over the last two weeks after suffering for so long already that I am losing hope.

I mean 7 months and to get hit this hard and have the head pressure and physical symptoms as well as the emotional symptoms become so much more severe to the point I can't hardly function and I feel like I'm losing my mind and all since of reality is very discouraging to say the least so I know everyone thinks I'm just repeating myself or being over dramatic but this really is a crisis.

I've went from coping and managing al though it was still bad to crisis and barley being able to function in the last 2 1/2 weeks and it's getting worse everyday with no end in sight so I'm sorry again but I just got home from work today left a little early and their is so much pressure burning and numbness in my head it feels like it's on fire and gonna explode and these emotional symptoms the severe confusion DP/DR intrusive and racing thoughts feeing completely detached from reality I can't do anything but lay here in my bed and cry.

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you ordered a graduated cylinder yet?

Once you get one you will be able to measure more accurately and you might be able to try a small reduction in your Zoloft dose.

No ma'am I get paid tomorrow so I'm gonna work on getting that this weekend and I'm gonna try and remeasure everything on Sunday when I'm off and I have time to think clearly on what I'm doing so I'll let y'all know when I can get that done to see where I need to go with that.

With these symptoms being so severe it's just so hard to function at all right now and I still don't understand what's brought this on cause I have not changed anything with the Zoloft for over 2 1/2 months or since switching to the liquid or dissolving the 100ml tablets and using the sports bottle but so I'm still trying to figure out what has brought on this sudden a severe wave or increase in symptoms over the last couple of weeks that's left me holding on by a thread?

It seems the head pressure and physical symptoms in my brain are very common to benzo WD especially in severe cases like mine and I've been told it's not atypical to have a major increase or wave like this between the 6-9 month mark of recovery which this would fall into that time line but I haven't talked to anyone so far that's had the head pressure especially to this extreme longer than 9 months and I'm already a little over 7 so this has got me worried for sure along with the severe emotional uptick as far as symptoms that just got a lot worse the last two weeks.

Do you think this is a wave of benzo WD or could the Zoloft be doing this?

I haven't changed anything with the Zoloft and I know with the sports bottle it's not 100% accurate but it's pretty close ever night filling it up to the 100ml line the WD ten but should be close enough not to cause this kinda of increased level of symptoms I would think. So I don't know could the Zoloft be making the emotional symptoms that were too along with the benzo Wzd?

• Moderator Emeritus

No ma'am I get paid tomorrow so I'm gonna work on getting that this weekend and I'm gonna try and remeasure everything on Sunday when I'm off and I have time to think clearly on what I'm doing so I'll let y'all know when I can get that done to see where I need to go with that.

With these symptoms being so severe it's just so hard to function at all right now and I still don't understand what's brought this on cause I have not changed anything with the Zoloft for over 2 1/2 months or since switching to the liquid or dissolving the 100ml tablets and using the sports bottle but so I'm still trying to figure out what has brought on this sudden a severe wave or increase in symptoms over the last couple of weeks that's left me holding on by a thread?

It seems the head pressure and physical symptoms in my brain are very common to benzo WD especially in severe cases like mine and I've been told it's not atypical to have a major increase or wave like this between the 6-9 month mark of recovery which this would fall into that time line but I haven't talked to anyone so far that's had the head pressure especially to this extreme longer than 9 months and I'm already a little over 7 so this has got me worried for sure along with the severe emotional uptick as far as symptoms that just got a lot worse the last two weeks.

Do you think this is a wave of benzo WD or could the Zoloft be doing this?

I haven't changed anything with the Zoloft and I know with the sports bottle it's not 100% accurate but it's pretty close ever night filling it up to the 100ml line the WD ten but should be close enough not to cause this kinda of increased level of symptoms I would think. So I don't know could the Zoloft be making the emotional symptoms that were too along with the benzo Wzd?

Why did you have to repeat everything again?

All that you needed to post was:  No ma'am I get paid tomorrow so I'm gonna work on getting that this weekend

I don't know I'm sorry it's just that bad and it's been so severe the last few weeks and it just keeps getting worse Ms Cat. I know you probably getting tires of me but it really is that bad and wasn't anywhere near this physical or emotional 2 weeks ago.

• Moderator Emeritus

We are not tired of YOU

We are tired of you repeatedly posting about your symptoms.

We are also tired of our suggestions being ignored.

I'm not ignoring you or any suggestions Ms Cat I promise I was just standing out on the back porch after eating dinner and honestly I feel like I'm losing my mind on top of the physical pain it's like I have no cognitive ability at all my brain is on auto pilot and I'm completely detached from reality it's very scary.

I feel like I'm losing all since of normalcy and who I am and awareness of the world around me. So between the physical symptoms and the dark place my brain goes not being able to think clearly at all no cognitive ability losing touch with reality I feel like I'm going crazy and my brain is just gonna shut down.

Is any of this normal and why so severe the last two weeks and why is it getting worse?

I don't understand how these symptoms can change and get to be so severe after 7 months and knowing I haven't changed anything with the Zoloft. That's where I'm at and it's getting really hard to even function

• Moderator Emeritus

That's 4 posts today and in every one of them you have mentioned you symptoms.

So you are standing on the back porch.

Is it night time there?

Can you see any stars?

Is it hot?

Is the wind blowing?

Are there any dogs barking?

Or is it peak hour and can you hear traffic?

Do any of your neighbours have their music or TV up loud enough for you to hear?

What sort of music do you like?

What sort of TV shows do you like watching?

What movie did you see with your daughter?

Yes ma'am and I see all your questions but it's hard to focus on anything else when your so miserable and these symptoms are so bad and like I said they weren't anywhere near this bad a few weeks ago.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, so I'll simplify it.

What movie did you see with your daughter?

Pirates of the Caribbean

I've got some bad news too I think I have a tooth that is getting absest or infected and it just started throbbing this morning. I have the rest of the amoxicillin from earlier that I was taking for my sinus infection. Is it gonna make things worse if I take the rest of the amoxicillin?

• Moderator Emeritus

maize, if you have a bad infection in your sinuses or anywhere else in your body, consider taking antibiotics -- but tell the doctor to make sure you have an infection that can be treated with antibiotics by taking a culture to identify the bug. 

Be very clear with the doctor that you're sensitive to antibiotics and you don't want to risk adverse effects unnecessarily.

About which way you should go with Zoloft -- there are hundreds of posts in this topic, many of them from moderators explaining to you why you need to be patient and that stabilization can be slow. We have also been over and over whether Zoloft is causing your symptoms or whether they might be your background multi-drug withdrawal syndrome.

Ultimately, you need to calm down, take in what we tell you, and resolve to make your own decisions. We keep on telling you to be patient, you keep on asking when you can change your drug dosage again. 

The principle is: Be very careful not to rock the boat. If you're sick, don't add to it by playing with your drugs. Use common sense.

When you feel anxious, please re-read this topic, you've gotten a lot of great advice from wonderful moderators and community members. Read this topic over and over until you understand all of it. Please stop these panicky posts, we can't tell you much more than we've already told you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Pirates of the Caribbean

Did your daughter enjoy it?  I've seen the other ones, but I haven't seen the new one yet.

Yes ma'am she enjoyed it very much of course I wasn't feeling well and had to get up and leave a couple of times but I took my whole family mom and dad and my three girls for my youngest birthday and they all loved it

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes ma'am she enjoyed it very much of course I wasn't feeling well and had to get up and leave a couple of times but I took my whole family mom and dad and my three girls for my youngest birthday and they all loved it

Congratulations Maize. Chessie has taken the whole day with you. She is a caring person and you may want to thank her at some point in the future.

She has stuck by your side throughout this.You may want to rethink your approach because if you look around you will see that most are experiencing difficulties. WE ARE ALL STRUGGLING. I would advise you to read others' stories and start to gain an understanding of what some members are also dealing with.

We all want to help but you are quite self- absorbed. If you were to acknowledge any help or encouragement that would be great.

You don't have to tell us about your symptoms daily. We understand.You are not alone.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I've got some bad news too I think I have a tooth that is getting absest or infected and it just started throbbing this morning. I have the rest of the amoxicillin from earlier that I was taking for my sinus infection. Is it gonna make things worse if I take the rest of the amoxicillin?

Maize, please call your dentist and get it checked out. You had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and sometimes sinus problems can manifest as toothaches:

Sinus infection and toothache: Any connection?

So make sure you get an accurate diagnosis first. 

Amoxicillin is a safer antibiotic than others. Please note that fluoroquinolone antibiotics can be very dangerous for people going through benzo withdrawal or have a history of benzos, so ask for antibiotics that are not fluroquinolones, just to be safe. 

Are you grinding your teeth? This is very common during withdrawal and many of us find that using a nightguard when we sleep really helps limit the amount of dental damage caused by this. 

• Moderator Emeritus

You can start with Alice1 thread.

I think Alice is a guy. Similar time frames to yours, similar symptoms but different attitude. It might helo you.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14243-alice1-lexapro-withdrawal/page-3#entry285744

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading.