MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2017-08-04 at 9:48 PM, ChessieCat said:

Showing my maths here so others can double check it please.

Current measurements:

80ml with 100mg      ratio of 1 : 1.25       1ml of liquid = 1.25mg

10ml extracted from 80ml     70ml x 1.25mg = 87.5mg dose

Using graduated cylinder to get 87.5mg dose:

100ml with 100mg     ratio 1 : 1       1 ml of liquid = 1mg

Extract 12.5ml (= 10ml + 2.5ml) from 100ml to get 87.5mg dose.

The calculations look correct to me, Chessie.  maize -- you're good to go with the graduated cylinder to get 87.5 mg dose.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Scally, appreciate the confirmation of my calculations.  I was sure they were correct but just wanted another pair of eyes and extra brain on the job.

Yes Maize, now that it has been confirmed you can change from measuring 80ml to measuring 100ml in the graduated cylinder.  To get your current 87.5mg dose you will need to remove 12.5ml.

If you want to start tapering you have a choice of different doses all of which will be less than 10%.  A full 10% reduction is 78.75mg.

I've calculated the doses so that they are round numbers to make it easier for you to measure.

NB:  all % reductions are approximate

DOSE      REDUCTION     TO GET DOSE

86mg  =  1.725%               remove 14ml   

85mg  =  2.85%                 remove 15ml

84mg  =  4%                      remove 16ml

83mg  =  5.15%                 remove 17ml

82mg  =  6.275%               remove 18ml

81mg  =  7.45%                 remove 19ml

80mg  =  8.575%                   remove 20ml

If you want to go carefully you try a small % decrease.

It takes about 4 days for the dose change to get to steady state in the blood and longer for it to register in the brain.

Please do not ask me what dose I would suggest because I am not going to make that decision for you.  However I have done the calculations so that your have the information to make it easier for you.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Ok well first tank you both for all your help and care in figuring out these numbers as I'm sure I wasn't 100% accurate with the sports bottle but that's pretty close and a good place to start. 

As far as what dose I should go with I know you can't want to tell me what to do but knowing my situation and my current symptoms which is why I tried to explain the increase and change in severity even over the last 3-4 days I would like and need some in suggestions on what I should do or what would be the best at this point because honestly I really do not know and I can't handle this getting too much worse.

All I can say is the severe head pressure numbness burning and physical symptoms in my head have increased and are still climbing extreme nausea fatigue restlessness and anxiety has hit big time over the last 3-4 days and the emotional symptoms severe confusion DP/DR intrusive thoughts or racing thoughts including SU/HM ideation has hit and with the head pressure and extreme anxiety and thoughts I can't sleep find it hard to function in any way feels like I'm crawling out of my skin and losing my mind and all these symptoms seem to be climbing and getting worse and the anxiety and emotional symptoms with the extreme nausea and just feeling physically sick and like I'm literally losing it has hit so much harder over the last few days to the point Pace around my house in terror and panic and so restlessness that I can even set down and watch a movie or rest or sleep so knowing my history and my current condition which is why I talk about the symptoms to try and get help to further my understanding of where I'm at and what's causing this I would like and need some guidance here when it comes to dose and how long to hold and where to go with this because I don't know what to do and it's so hard to tell what's Zoloft and what's Benzo WD anymore and that's really been the whole problem all along and why I've held on the Zoloft so long so any help and suggestions here would be much appreciated! 

I feel like I'm on the edge and this is a no win situation cause obviously I'm still suffering from Benzo related issues and WD but there is the aspect of the Zoloft and not knowing what side effects are from that drug and if it's making me more sick then I can't keep taking it but if I taper especially to fast I don't know if my brain can handle the WD from the AD on top of the Benzo WD so I really need help and guidance here please I'm really struggling and don't know where to go with this and to much or not enough could really make a huge difference one way or the other 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Ok thank very much and I was able to read most of it and I understand slow and steady wins the race but my question is with how severe my symptoms are currently is it safe to taper now and if so where should I start and I know you don't and can't tell me what to do and it's hard because I don't know how much Zoloft is adding to my condition because of the complications still being extremely severe due to Benzo WD it's hard to know even whatbtibdo at this point or what's going to be most effective without making me any more worse than I already am because I am literally holding on by a thread and really need some guidance when it comes to what to do now? 

I already feel like im losing it mentality and like I'm dying physically and so physically sick and nausea and don't know how much more I can take? 

On top of everything else my dad is now being rushed to the hospital and I don't know what's wrong with him so I really need some help

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

• Moderator Emeritus

We've provided information about decreasing because we interpreted some of what you've written as a desire to DO something.  What you do is your choice -- hold steady at your current dose or decrease.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

But I don't know what is the right thing to do? 

The Benzo symptoms are so severe still and I can't tell if the Zoloft is just making me worse at this point but I don't know with how unstable I already am if it's safe to try a small reduction?

This Feels so hopeless and like there is not an answer or end to this madness and I'm trying to hold on but these symptoms continue to climb and get more and more debilitating everyday both the physical and emotional symptoms so how do you know what to do? 

• Moderator Emeritus

maize, I understand that you don't know what to do. Problem is: we don't either.  It's best that you make the choice.

scallywag's Introduction

Well I'm so confused and it just feels like no matter what I do it's wrong and I can't handle anymore severe symptoms at this point it's so bad now but getting more information about how these drugs work and what could be causing the uptick or severe symptoms I have and the increase it's like it could be still severe Benzo WD symptoms and that peak or massive wave around the time frame in the healing process I'm in and I do think that's still true and a major issue right now with what that evil drug did to me and I know being in severe tolerance WD and probably has kindled at that point and then being a cold turkey didn't help at all and I know symptoms are usually more severe and taking longer to recover from in that situation and it didn't help me with the other drugs I had already been on before so it's a nightmare but I also understand that at this point there is a possibility that I could have reached tolerance with the Zoloft and it could be making me worse but I also know that adding WD from a AD in my current state still trying to recover and in the thick of Benzo WD is not so great so I'm really confused and I'm sorry I'm very thankful and I appreciate so very much for all the help and support and time everyone here has giving me cause lord knows the doctors have no clue and want help me other than more drugs and making me more sick so this really is a big issue and I'm scared! 

I am trying so hard to hang on but after over 9 months of suffering the worst physical and emotional pain you could imagine it is just getting worse and I don't know what to do? 

I can't handle much more just over the last week and even the last 24 hours my symptoms have increased especially the severe pressure burning numbness and physical pain in my head continues to climb and is getting worse everyday I don't know how much longer I can hold on this is insane!

Due to these symptoms continuing getting worse and more severe if I decide to hold on the Zoloft for now would I just stay measuring the 80ml with the cylinder then removing the 1 10ml syringe for now or go to the 100ml measuring with the cylinder and removing the 12.5ml for the 87.5mg dose as suggested? 

I just dont understand? Since the end of month 6 my symptoms have gotten so much worse and continues to climb I'm severity day by day no improvement just getting so much worse now 9 1/2 months off and no sign of it slowing down anytime soon and I don't know how much more I can handle? 

What am am I doing wrong? Why is this getting so much worse with no relief if this is just Benzo and now Zoloft I just don't understand and it's to the point I don't know how much longer I can hang on? 

• Moderator Emeritus

maize, Hard as it may be to believe you are doing nothing wrong.  All there is to do is hang on for today or for the next hour or minute, and then hang on for the next one. You will get through this. 

Having expectations about when it's going to end or repeatedly asking yourself the questions, "When is this going to end?" "Why is this happening?" are not going to help you get through this.  Your reality is that you ARE having these symptoms. Arguing against that reality serves only one end -- creating more suffering. You can't control your symptoms but the questioning and consequent suffering are optional.

Edited by scallywag

scallywag's Introduction

Well I had no idea of the dangers of these drugs especially Benzos and the most evil of all Xanex! 

These drugs have destroyed my life and taking everything from me and it just seems to be getting worse and that healing is not happening and will never come. I had no idea that after over 9 months off that evil drug I would still be this bad of shape and getting worse and o didn't even know about the cumulative effect of the AD and tolerance and kindling from those and to think that the majority of this is Benzo related after all this time is scary and knowing I still have to deal with the Zoloft at some point and don't really know if it's just making me more and more sick at the moment is all I can think about and I don't know what to do? 

The reason I try to explain my symptoms is beache of how severe they have become and how even in the last week or even the last 24 hours they have increased and are getting so much worse it's getting to the point no destraction helps and the symptoms are so severe I'm literally back to laying in the floor on the edge of the bed holding onto dear life trying to survive! 

This is just seems so hopeless and I'm so scared I don't know how much longer I can hold on at this rate and I have no idea of what to do about the Zoloft issue at this point? 

If i if I decide to hold for now at 87.5mg how should I measure that for now until I can begin to taper again? And how will I know when it's absolutely necessary to get off it no mater what I'm just so confused and don't know what to do? 

• Moderator Emeritus

If you are going to continue taking 87.5mg you can either measure:

80ml in the graduated cylinder and remove 10ml

OR

100ml in the graduated cylinder and remove 12.5ml

Both of these will provide an 87.5mg dose.  However, measuring 80ml and removing 10ml may be the easiest.

Ok ty and so do that for now and hold hoping that these symptoms will ease sooner than later then when I get ready use the 100ml measure removing 2 10ml syringes or 20ml to make 80mg which is still less than 10% and a safe place to start? 

How is will I know when or if the Zoloft has completely turned on me and not Benzo WD? 

How long do these waves usually last? 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/01/2017 at 2:53 PM, JanCarol said:

I am also wondering if moving your dose to earlier in the day will help - that is something you can do while you are waiting to see the doc. 

Take it one hour earlier each day, until it is a morning dose.  It may also clarify your symptoms, as moving the time of dose will give you a slight shift in experience.

I've just read the above by JC back in January.

Are you still taking Zoloft at night time?

Yes still at night 

Maize . Maybe you should try an earlier dose.  

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I'm sorry to bother you again but I'm really scared and having a hard time with all this and really don't know what to do? 

The head pressure burning numbness tightness buzzing pins and needles in my brain continues to get worse and more severe everyday and today even I've been slammed with and emotional wave that is insane and very scary about as bad as it was when I went into the hospital or the first few months out just severe confusion DP/DR extreme anxiety nausea and fatigue feeling like I'm completely losing my mind with all this horrible intrusive thoughts that I know are not me and are very scary feeling of hopelessness and deep depression and anxiety and fear that I will never heal and this is gonna go on forever not knowing how much worse this is gonna get completely debilitating can't work can't function at all all the distractions that were working before aren't working anymore just under so much physical and mental torture I really don't know how much more I can take or if I will survive this and I don't understand if this is not Zoloft or what to really do about that and if it's not just making me so much more sick and now being on it 9 1/2 months of I'm not in real trouble here? If this is a wave of benzo symptoms it's not letting up after over 2 months since I noticed the change or increase of symptoms and I feel at a loss and don't know what to do? 

I dont one think I can handle anymore changes right now so I really don't want to have to change the time of the dose or anything 

I'm so sorry to keep bothering everyone but I am really scared and don't know what to do? 

My symptoms continue to get worse even more so today than yesterday and I don't feel like I'm healing at all and after 9 1/2 months all the way back to the beginning and I'm the last 2 1/2 months I've went from suffering but able to push through and even work to know feeling like I'm completely losing my mind having a psychotic breakdown and back in straight crisis mode all over again! 

Since the end of month 6 these symptoms have been changing and steadily getting so much worse and even over the last week have become so severe I can't think or function at all feel physically sick and nauseous the pressure burning numbness tightness pins and needles in my brain is so much more severe and these emotional symptoms are off the charts severe confusion DP/DR brain fog can't think clearly feel completely detached from reality and myself and my mind is not my own anymore going to a evil and dark place horrific intrusive thoughts with extreme anxiety and insomnia not helping I feel like I'm completely losing my mind and it's getting so much worse and I feel like I'm gonna die or end up back in the hospital again! 

This is crazy! I don't understand what's happening to me at all? I've been off Xanex now 9 1/2 months and this wave hit and has been getting worse since the end of month 6 into month 7 then it got worse at the beginning of month 8 and then again now into month 9 and there seems to be no end in sight! 

I'm really confused and scared I understand that the Majority of my symptoms are Benzo Related but I also understand there is the issue with the Zoloft and the other drugs I had been on before and I don't know what to do this is getting so bad I'm scared to be alone but then I'm scared to be around anyone cause my mind is back in that place where it was in severe tolerance WD right before I went into the hospital last October and I feel like here I am again after all this time right back in that place on here really scared going crazy and completely losing my mind it's nuts! 

I don't know if this is Benzo WD or the Zoloft but something has to give cause I can't keep going like this!

• Moderator Emeritus

How many hours sleep are you getting each night?

Probably around 4-5 sometimes less and the pain pressure and physical symptoms in my head are so unbearable it makes it hard to rest at all and when you add the severity of the emotional symptoms it's just gotten so bad I literally feel like I'm losing my mind and as bad as I was if not worse than when I was in the hospital so sleep doesn't happen much now 

last 2 1/2 months I've went from suffering but able to push through and even work to know feeling like I'm completely losing my mind having a psychotic breakdown and back in straight crisis mode all over again! 

Hi MNB 

In wdl we have to treat ourselves very gently. 'Pushing through ' on anything in wdl is perhaps not a good idea as it can easily load the cns and may trigger wdl symptoms. Things that previously were easy peasy and stresses that were even unconscious in nature are now amplified to a whole new galaxy. Many find they are unable to function to an employable level so attempting this when the cns is not strong enough may also cause a massive onset of symptoms. What I am telling you is not my opinion it is my experience. It would take days sometimes for things to settle down. But eventually they did. Try not to panic. Try to rest and relax. I like what The Alto says about wdl. 'we must treat ourselves as we would someone who has been in an accident' You cannot load the cns  as you normally would. 

You write that things have got worse in the last 2 months right? Isnt that the time in which you have initiated a  taper. If things are totally unmanageable what do you think about an updose?

Hang in there.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

No I switched over to the liquid and dropped to 87.5mg about 4 1/2 months ago so I switched about 2 months before this major increase and uptick or change in symptoms started! 

It started at at the end of month 6 or the beginning of month 7 and now at 9 1/2 months off it has just gradually gotten worse noticed another big increase at the beginning of month 8 and again more recently at the beginning of month 9 and this is actually the worst it's ever been especially with the head pressure burning numbness and physical symptoms in my brain amdbthe emotional have has been a nightmare and literally fell like I'm completely losing my mind back as bad as I was in the hospital last October! 

I haven't even worked in over two months and have been right back where I started pretty much home bound and unable to function at all

Okay so what I think you are saying is 4.5 months ago you started to taper while all other things were held constant.

Then two months later after tapering began things started to go down hill physically and emotionally to a point where "this is actually the worst it's ever been " and you are on the verge of a possible  hospital visit.

I'm sorry things have  spiraled into this current state. I know this might sound really radical and crazy almost, and something that you just would never hear from a doctor...but what if ...just listen just listen....what if withdrawal symptoms are delayed (he says whispering in a soft voice), what if often they don't surface until two or three months later......and what if 10% taper was far too fast for YOU. 

I haven't read too far back in this thread but I  see cc has kindly recently (this month) spent time calculating doses for you.

But you say you were tapering 4 months ago. Who was calculating the doses for you then and do you think there may have been a possibility you got one or three wrong? Please don't take this personally I'm just tabling possible scenarios. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thank and I hope so it just seems to be getting so much worse both the physical symptoms severe pressure pain burning numbness tightness and pins and needles in my head it feels like it's gonna explode and is on fire! The emotional symptoms are continuing to increase just feel like I'm crawling out of my own skin completely detached from all reality and the confusion extreme anxiety horrific evil intrusive thoughts it's like I'm having a psychotic breakdown and completely losing my mind and I'm sure all this with my ex isn't helping at all! I just feel on edge like I'm losing very aggressive extreme anxiety like I'm having a complete psychological breakdown it's crazy and if this is a wave then how long is this gonna last and I know I'm still on the Zoloft and I feel like it could be adding to all this but with the Benzo symptoms being so bad what do I do? 

It's a complete nightmare and I'm really losing hope I can't function at all and any little bit of stress makes it worse so I'm laying in bed all day with both but these horrible symptoms feeling like I'm not healing just getting worse and their is not end in sight! 

What do I do with the Zoloft how long should I wait before starting the slow but steady taper again because I can't stay on it forever and if it hasn't turned adverse or paradoxical yet it will eventually and I'm just so confused don't know what to do and why is this wave lasting forever and just getting worse? 

I will be 10 months off Xanex at the end of this weeks and worse now than ever before and as bad if not worse as I was before going into the hospital! 

As far far as the dose it's been pretty close to the same dorbthe last 4 months as it is now no major changes of the Zoloft 

so I'm laying in bed all day with both but these horrible symptoms feeling like I'm not healing just getting worse and their is not end in sight! 

You have just reminded me of what acute wdl was like....i was starting to forget.

Sorry you are going through this.

imo you are in no position to even be thinking about tapering further at this time.

Only you know how much suffering you can take but i dont think going to the hospital will have a helpful outcome.

Wishing you stability

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

I know that's what I'm being told too hold on the Zoloft for now and try and wait till the Benzo symptoms subside or get better but who knows when that will be and I'm trying to hold on but your right I feel like I'm back in severe acute WD the way I was after coming out of the hospital after 10 months it's horrific 

Ms Kristi I know I keep saying this my symptoms continue to change and increase! 

Today even the head pressure and physical symptoms in my brain are worse and just flat debilitating and unbearable I can't hardly stand up much less function at all! 

Severe nausea light headed dizzy so much pain and pressure in my forehead temples on the top of my head and down into the right side of my neck my head feels like it's gonna explode and is on fire and anything even trying to shave earlier I do makes it worse! 

These emotional systems are the most severe since coming off almost 10 months now and I literally feel like I'm having a psychotic breakdown and just such a dark dark cloud of intrusive thoughts including SU/HM ideation and it's scary and the anxiety is through the rough and I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin! 

Is any of this normal after 10 months off that evil drug and how long is this gonna last cause I can't take much more! 

Of course still holding on the Zoloft and I really don't know what that is adding to this? 

This is hopeless and I feel like I'm losing it! 

When I was trying to have earlier the DP/DR and thoughts were so bad I couldn't even recognize myself in the mirror and felt like I was gonna have a nervous breakdown right there it's crazy after 10 months still be this bad and getting worse I can't breath or even sit still!

Ok I had to get up and take my daughter to the doctor today and honestly I have no idea how I even made it back home! 

The pressure burning numbness tingling and tightening in my brain are so severe I can't even hardly stand up or function and these emotional symptoms are off the charts and so bad I was really just trying to keep it together long enough to get her there and back and while we were in the doctors office there was so much pressure in my head it was about to explode and was on fire the whole right side of my head and face is even numb all in my forehead above and behind my eyes the right side of my head and my face the top of my head and down into the right side of my neck and my left ear is filled with so much pressure I can't hear out of it constant buzzing in my head every time I move so nauseous and just physical sick! 

The emotional symptoms are so much more severe I literally felt like I was crawling out of my own skin and couldn't set still and had I very hard time driving and even making it through the doctors visit and so much anxiety and fear I thought I was gonna lose it right there in front of everyone and they were gonna have to call and ambulance to come get me it was so bad! And all the way there at the doctors and then on the way home I was fighting all those horrific evil intrusive thoughts it was like my mind wanted to grab onto I'm crazy negative thing and just run with it feeling completely detached from reality and holding on to the last once of sanity I have left it's crazy! 

It was a rush to get home after dropping my daughter back off at school and I don't even know how I made it at all this is so bad and getting so much worse I really don't know what to do and this is scaring me! 

I'm 10 months off now on the CT from Xanex and of course holding on the Zoloft but I don't understand if this is Benzo WD related why is it just getting worse if the Zoloft has nothing to do with this? I don't know but this is crazy and I'm trying to hold on but it was so bad today I came straight home and feel on my bed just thinking God I made it back without killing myself or my daughter dealing with all this and driving! 

And after all this time to be this bad is very discouraging and I'm given up hope that this is gonna get better anytime soon 

Is any of this normal? Is this Benzo or the Zoloft or both?

Maize. You keep repeating the same questions over and over without seeming to take any positive action.

Please tell us about what self-care you are currently employing.

We are really trying to help but it does not seem that you are growing or learning throughout this process.

Have you tried meditation/ deep breathing etc to calm your anxiety? These techniques can help you through this.

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Ok with all these symptoms and to increase and change even in the last week is this my Benzo WD finally peaking out at almost 10 months off or is there a chance that I've developed tolerance to the Zoloft on top of the Benzo WD and now getting the anxiety and agitation and all the negative effects form the Zoloft now too cause these are the same types of symptoms and just as bad if not worse than right before I went into the hospital while I was still on Xanex in tolerance WD? 

The head pressure and physical symptoms in my brain I know is Benzo related and is getting so much worse but anxiety panic agitation feeling like I'm crawling out of my own skin the intrusive thoughts including SU/HM ideation feeling like I can't breath gonna lash out and have a nervous breakdown I experienced all these symptoms to this degree right before I went to Detox and I'm literally right back in that same place now as I was 10-12 months ago and I feel like I'm completely losing it! 

So what do I do? This is back to desperation and crisis mode after almost 10 months out of Detox and I'm that close to my family or myself going back to the hospital it's so bad! But I don't want to do that cause they will look at me like I'm crazy and try to put me on more drugs and it's the drugs that have made me sick so I'm lost and desperate at this point! 

• Moderator Emeritus

And once again Maize totally ignores and doesn't respond to what somebody has kindly taken the time and energy to post.  Once again Maize repeats his symptoms and his questions.

My hope is that other members reading this topic may benefit from what the mods and members have posted.  Continually asking a question which has no answer is like trying to find the end of a rainbow.  IT DOES NOT EXIST.  It adds stress.  Repeatedly dwelling on symptoms adds stress.  IT DOES NOT HELP.  It adds stress. 

Check out this link which has a diagram of the body with labels.  Hovering over a label will provide more information.  Effects of Stress on the Body

I hope somebody has found what I have written useful.

Maize, I worry about your attitude and lack of "coping skills" for the future. You are reticent to try or even talk about healthy non- drug coping strategies or skills. You ask the same questions over and over with no purpose or end result. I wish we had the answers for you.

It may be your coping strategy but it's really not a good one .I do hope that eventually the light dawns and maybe a positive shift can occur.

Edited by AliG

Well for me first I am very thankful for all the help and support of that there is no doubt but for me I come here because I do not understand completely and I need help and when I talk about me symptoms it's not to irritate anyone or just keep repeating anything it's to try and get help and figure what to do and why things are continuing to get worse at 10 months off that evil drug and how to manage the horrific mess the hospital put me in by putting me back on Zoloft yet another drug I have to deal with in too of the nightmare that was Xanex! 

I couldnt find any answers or get much help from doctors or family and not much support so that's why I come here not to annoy anyone but because I am truly suffering and looking for answers to what this is and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy that's a fact! 

So from now on I will only come here to post or ask questions about the Zoloft and when I might be ready to deal with that monster but right now the Benzo symptoms are still so severe I can do anything other than lay here in my bed on and hold on for dear life not knowing when it's ever gonna get better and knowing I still have another crazy drug to deal with and I'm sorry I'm scared and afraid but the suffering continues to get worse and these drugs have literally destroyed my life and any hope of a future after my divorce! 

So thank everyone for all your help only questions about the Zoloft will I post here going forward 

Ok this is a Zoloft question and trying to see where I'm at with the current and only med I'm on now obviously still going through some major protracted WD symptoms with or from the Xanex or Benzos. 

Could any of this be Zoloft or is this just a severe wave of Benzo WD and a sign that my brain has reached another step or level in the healing process? 

And if it the Zoloft what do I do cause everyone is telling me this is Benzo WD but could possibly be getting some adverse affects from the Zoloft but to try to taper the Zoloft could make it worse and I already feel like I'm drying and losing my mind so I don't know what to do?

This is the worst wave of symptoms by far since coming off the Xanex and out of the hospital and I'm really struggling and don't know what to do?

If the Zoloft is causing any ill affects knowing I'm still in severe WD from Benzo and my brain is till trying to recover from that it would probably make things much worse to try and get off the Zoloft now so what do I do? 

• Moderator Emeritus

What do you do when you get advice? In your own words:

So why would anyone want to offer any more advice even if we had any ideas?

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:56 AM, maizeNblue81 said:

I dont one think I can handle anymore changes right now so I really don't want to have to change the time of the dose or anything 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading.