SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

anongrl5590: Withdrawing from Prozac

anongrl5590

Hello everyone!

I am a new user here. I've lurked around this site before but have yet to introduce myself.

I was a Prozac user for a year from August 2015 - September 2016. I had taken it for social and general anxiety. I was on 20mg/day. Initially, I was actually doing fine and great emotionally but had side effects like massive fatigue everyday (not even 3 cups of coffee could wake me up!) and constipation every time I went to poop (sorry for TMI). I also felt like a zombie for a brief period in which I was neither happy nor sad.

In May 2016, I decided to abruptly stop taking the Prozac by choice without consulting my doctor (bad move!) and had brain zaps and mood swings which I assumed as worsening depression. I then just asked my doctor to simply increase my dose because I thought I was getting worse (bad move again!). I was put on 40mg/day from June - August 2016 in which I was ok at first but then I was hit with a panic attack so severe I had to rush to the ER. For that week, I was having very severe symptoms. So I was instructed to go back down to 20mg/day.

From then on, I decided to stop taking it a few months ago in September because I felt better and didn't want to rely on medication anymore to make me happy. I consulted with my psychiatrist who said for me to just take 10mg for one month and then I can stop. I did just that.

Over the month of October I was fine and felt completely normal. However, I realized symptoms would come later once the month of November started.

I have since felt every type of symptom under the sun including brain zaps, hot flushes, insomnia, irritability, tingling sensation of the skin, anxiety, shortness of breath, sweating, tremors, and slight vertigo. I have never felt these symptoms in my life til now! I've talked to my doctor and he doesn't believe in withdrawals.

At this point I feel helpless. I am experiencing waves and windows in which I have waves of really bad flare ups and then windows of good normal days where I feel fine. But they keep cycling back and forth.

I now have questions to ask:

1. Do windows of no symptoms mean that my body is getting better?

2. Should I reinstate the Prozac and taper off more gradually? Someone suggested I shouldn't because I've already been clean for 3 months now. But what do you guys think?

3. Will symptoms go away if I keep pushing cold turkey?

4. Should I try medical weed to help ease tthe symptoms? I want to try natural ways of healing

My medication -- Prozac
August 2015: Started on 10mg/day
September 2015 to May 2016: Increased to 20mg/day
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)
August 2016: decreased back to 20mg
September 2016: tapered off 10mg this month alone
September 30, 2016: last day of Prozac
October 2016: month long window
November 2016-Present: WD symptoms (too many physical sxs and some mental sxs)
February 5-20, 2017: Reinstated at 1-2mg // February 21, 2017: Back to no meds

• Moderator Emeritus

anongrl -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry you didn't have better information when you decided to jump off Prozac 20 mg/day.  Some people do fine with the plan your p-Doc suggested later in the year, taking 10 mg/day for a month before stopping entirely. It's unfortunate that you didn't win that genetic lottery. :(

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly?

• Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Any drugs prior to 18 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • You don't need to include symptoms or diagnoses other than the initial condition that led to prescribing the first drug.
  • We ask for this information in your signature so that we can see it at a glance. A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature
  • If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the "full" or desktop version of the site. Instructions are in Post 8 and Post 9
To answer your questions:
  • Windows of no symptoms or tolerable symptoms are an indication that your CNS (central nervous system) is recovering and adjusting to the new normal, a Prozac-free state.

• Reinstatement is helpful for many people in reducing symptoms. At three months after last dose, the results are less predictable so we would suggest a very small dose if you're interested in testing reinstatement. Please read the discussion topic to understand the benefits and risks:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

• Symptoms do diminish over time for most people. It's virtually impossible to predict how long it will take for YOUR symptoms to resolve; there are too many factors that influence that process, few of which are known and have been studied.

• I'm not sure that inhaling or ingesting an intoxicant to deal with symptoms caused by a medication is wise. Your CNS (central nervous system) is destabilized from the cold-turkey stop of Prozac. Adding a neuroactive substance such as medical cannabis or MJ to deal with CNS symptoms is extremely unpredictable. It's a different situation for those who have been prescribed MMJ for a non-withdrawal condition.
Many people find it helpful to supplement with omega 3 fish oil and with magnesium.  If you choose to do that, pick one and start with a low dose and work your way up to the full dose while observing your symptoms. Links to our discussions on those supplements:

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

To learn more about how the absence of Prozac destabilizes your CNS, please read or view:

One theory of anti-depressant withdrawal syndrome

How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - aka "Brain remodeling"

Youtube video, 4 minutes: Healing from antidepressants

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hello and welcome to SA. A mod will be with you shortly, I just wanted to stop by and give you some hope.

I, too was on Prozac for a year then upped from 10 to 20 mg and that is when my hell started. I went back down to 10 mg but my symptoms never improved so I did the every other day for a few months then stopped. I, like yourself had windows and waves, still do after a year of when I started, and yes the windows are a sign that you are healing.

A mod can answer your question better about reinstating. But my advice to you about the medical weed would be a big NO. There is a good chance that it will set your symptoms off even more as marijuana causes anxiety, and set your recovery back even farther.

You can read my story and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer from my experience. We are all here healing together and it's a huge help knowing up you are not alone.

Prozac 10 mg 03-15 to 10-15.

Prozac 20 mg 10-15 to 12-15.

Taper prozac 01-16 to 03-16.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

To Scallywag:

Thank you for your response! I have typed up my signature as requested. I will definitely try out the omega 3 fatty acids or the magnesium. I'm glad to know that symptoms do clear up eventually... Just a matter of when (I'm hanging in there though!). I am considering reinstating a small dose but I'm not sure how to reinstate Prozac particularly. I don't think it comes in liquid form and I only have the capsule...

Yet I am also considering to continue to keep going cold turkey. It's a hard debate because I don't want to return to Prozac but I also don't want to suffer withdrawals either. Part of me is being hopeful that I will survive cold turkey. I won't take MJJ but I need to figure out how I can ease myself through symptoms if I really do continue to go cold turkey.

My medication -- Prozac
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)

To Fox:

Thank you for your reply! I'm sorry that you are still going through windows and waves. Have the waves died down more now than before? Would you ever go back to reinstating the Prozac?

I sent you a private message as well if you ever get the chance to read it!

My medication -- Prozac

• Moderator Emeritus

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

No, reinstating wasn't an option for me as when my dose was upped it through me into having the crazy symptoms so I though best to stay away from it. I also have Hoshimotos which the Prozac has interfered with my medicine that controls it, which I'm still trying to regulate.

Prozac 10 mg 03-15 to 10-15.

Prozac 20 mg 10-15 to 12-15.

Taper prozac 01-16 to 03-16.

Last Prozac 03-14-16.

To Scallywag:

Thank you for the links. I hope it's not too late for me to reinstate.

To Fox:

Maybe if you had tried to taper on a lower dose (like lower than 10mg) that might've helped? Although I know you're now many months clean so I guess you cannot reinstate :( I hope the Hoshimotos has been better regulated. How do you feel now with your thyroid?

My medication -- Prozac

I have a general question to ask for anyone to answer on this site:

Every time I have a wave, I am unable to sleep due to anxiety flaring up right when I hit the pillow or it flares up in the middle of the night and won't cease at all. I've been taking Benadryl 25mg and sometimes melatonin 3mg to help (sometimes I take both of these simultaneously).

Is Benadryl good to help with sleeping every night while I have a wave? Could this be dangerous?

My medication -- Prozac

Is there anyone out there who can answer my question?

Also I'm planning to reinstate the Prozac but probably back at 10mg. Would this be adorable? Or should I take maybe 5mg to reinstate? I'm not sure where to start. I think I understand the 10% decrease every month but I'm not sure at what dose I myself should start at.

My medication -- Prozac

*advisable... Not adorable lol

My medication -- Prozac

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, the lovely wisdom of auto-suggestions and auto-corrections. ;)

Reinstating 10 mg *could* be very destabilizing. Your CNS (central nervous system) has made adjustments since your last dose on September 30, 2016.

There's more explanation and description of what happens in your CNS in these links:
One theory of anti-depressant withdrawal syndrome
How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - aka "Brain remodeling"
Youtube video, 4 minutes: Healing from antidepressants

The safest way to deal with this risk is to test your CNS reaction with a much smaller dose for a few weeks. If you have you a negative reaction to it, stopping the reinstatement will have less dramatic effect. To test your reaction, you could try 1 mg.

If you decide to reinstate, please take the medication at the same time every day.

Please keep notes on paper of your symptoms and the times of your dose(s). This post has a useful format for a daily log: Take notes of doses and symptoms

It takes 5-6 days for Prozac to build to a steady state then another 4-7 days for your CNS to "register" its presence and to start to make adjustments.

You may not see symptoms ease at a 1 mg dose, and may be at another decision point after 2 weeks, "Do I hold at 1 mg or try an updose?" Your symptom notes will be a big help to you at this point.

Of course if you have a moderate-to-strong negative reaction which impairs your function in daily life, discontinue  reinstatement..

Also about Benadryl: Other members have posted their experience with using Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for withdrawal insomnia.

scallywag's Introduction

anongrl5590 -

How are you doing?  Did you reinstate?  I am 16 months off Prozac.  I tried Benadryl a couple of times but I am not sure it really helped.  I remember one night I took it and I was awake all night.  Did you try Benadryl?

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

O2bhappy -

Hello there. I'm doing pretty awful. I am currently experiencing a window but feeling worried and sad about when the next wave will hit :(

No, I haven't reinstated. I probably will try to reinstate if the next wave is severe. I have already contacted my doctor to see if he can prescribe me the liquid form of Prozac (and if he doesn't, I may make my own solution with water and the capsules I have). I would love to continue cold turkey but I am now reconsidering that maybe reinstatement is better. How has cold turkey gone for you so far?

I have tried benadryl a couple times already and it has helped me knock out.

My medication -- Prozac

I was switched from Prozac to wellbutrin cold turkey. The Wellbutrin gradually turned awful, but I'm down to 75 MG and the less I take, the better I feel. But are some of these symptoms do to Going off prozac? How would one tell. My last Prozac dose was something like late August 2016. I have no intention of going back on it. It had stopped working anyhow.

Hi LawywerLiz - 

I hear symptoms can be delayed which is called PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms). It can take weeks or months (maybe even a year!) before withdrawal symptoms start to hit you. It may be from the Prozac... but I am not very sure :unsure: Did you take Wellbutrin right after you stopped the Prozac? 

My medication -- Prozac

Yes, I did, switched right from one to the other. I don't think I should take it again! Woke up to early, but then actually got back to sleep again, for maybe an hour and a half, but don't feel refreshed, in spite of the fact that total sleep was adequate. I feel better and better as the day goes on, best in the evenings. Is there anything to make the Prozac wd better or faster, assuming that's what it is? And how could anyone tell?

LawyerLiz -

I am honestly not sure if it is withdrawals or not. Could be side effects of Wellbutrin? Possibly asking Scallywag about this may help (she seems to be knowledgeable about a lot of this stuff!).

You can also check out http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1008-before-you-begin-tapering-what-you-need-to-know/#entry243808 to see if it's WD

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling awful.  I can understand about being sad and scared about a new wave hitting you.  I have had only a couple of windows and they were wonderful.  I can remember having one and I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew when I woke up that window would be gone. 

Cold turkey has been a struggle for me, but I am not sure if tapering would have helped.  Since my body was rejecting the change in generics I had no choice but to stop.  Honestly I think if I tapered I would have probably struggled more with getting off the medicine.  This way I was basically forced off the medicine.  I was also on it for a long time.  I actually had pop out several years before I stopped taking it, but I continued to take it because I didn't know any better.

There have been times in w/d that I wanted to go back on something hoping I would feel better from withdrawal, but I knew there would not be a "magic" pill to help me.  I thought taking Prozac was a magic pill and look where it got me. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

anongrl5590 -

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling awful. I can understand about being sad and scared about a new wave hitting you. I have had only a couple of windows and they were wonderful. I can remember having one and I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew when I woke up that window would be gone.

Cold turkey has been a struggle for me, but I am not sure if tapering would have helped. Since my body was rejecting the change in generics I had no choice but to stop. Honestly I think if I tapered I would have probably struggled more with getting off the medicine. This way I was basically forced off the medicine. I was also on it for a long time. I actually had pop out several years before I stopped taking it, but I continued to take it because I didn't know any better.

There have been times in w/d that I wanted to go back on something hoping I would feel better from withdrawal, but I knew there would not be a "magic" pill to help me. I thought taking Prozac was a magic pill and look where it got me.

anongrl5590 -

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling awful. I can understand about being sad and scared about a new wave hitting you. I have had only a couple of windows and they were wonderful. I can remember having one and I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew when I woke up that window would be gone.

Cold turkey has been a struggle for me, but I am not sure if tapering would have helped. Since my body was rejecting the change in generics I had no choice but to stop. Honestly I think if I tapered I would have probably struggled more with getting off the medicine. This way I was basically forced off the medicine. I was also on it for a long time. I actually had pop out several years before I stopped taking it, but I continued to take it because I didn't know any better.

There have been times in w/d that I wanted to go back on something hoping I would feel better from withdrawal, but I knew there would not be a "magic" pill to help me. I thought taking Prozac was a magic pill and look where it got me.

O2bhappy -

Wow I'm honestly so sorry you're struggling still, especially after taking Prozac for so, so long. I've only taken it for a year but I'm scared that my recovery will take just as long as those who have taken it for multiple years. It's truly a scary thought. At least you know now that tapering didn't work for you.

What do you mean you had "pop out"?

I also thought Prozac would lift me of my problems too, just like many people on this forum. It's a shame to be prescribed something that seems temporary only to suffer the consequences after stopping it. It's like a devil in disguise. But there are many success stories coming out of this and people do recover. Just know that this is all temporary and there is a light at the end of this tunnel. You must accept what is happening to you, let go of past regrets, and move forward in improving your situation. Have you tried supplements like fish oil or magnesium? Exercise? Seeking therapy? Natural ways of healing?

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

I took Prozac much longer then I should but I didn't know any better.  I was given the you have a chemical imbalance talk by my doctor so I thought I needed to be on them for life. 

Pop out means that the medicine stops working.  The so-called benefit of taking it just stops.  I started having panic attacks and a lot of other side effects being on it.  Once I stopped the medicine those side effects went away.

You are very right about accepting what is happening to me, but I am having a hard time accepting it.  I did try supplements but they made my nausea worse.  I have been thinking about starting up the fish oil again and see how I do.  I am not exercising like I should.  I should get out and walk everyday.  I know it would help me.  I have been in therapy for a year.  My therapist has really helped me.  I have had a lot of big stressors during withdrawal so that hasn't helped in my recovery.  I guess I should start saying that I am in a healing phase and not withdrawal. 

What have been your big symptoms in healing?  Noticed I said healing and not withdrawal. :)   It is a start.

• Moderator Emeritus

anongrl & o2b: I think you're talking about drug poop-out -- it could be that a spell-check or autocorrect is turning that into pop-out. The official medical word is tachyphylaxis.

scallywag's Introduction

anongrl5590 -

I took Prozac much longer then I should but I didn't know any better.  I was given the you have a chemical imbalance talk by my doctor so I thought I needed to be on them for life. 

Pop  Poop out means that the medicine stops working.  The so-called benefit of taking it just stops.  I started having panic attacks and a lot of other side effects being on it.  Once I stopped the medicine those side effects went away.

You are very right about accepting what is happening to me, but I am having a hard time accepting it.  I did try supplements but they made my nausea worse.  I have been thinking about starting up the fish oil again and see how I do.  I am not exercising like I should.  I should get out and walk everyday.  I know it would help me.  I have been in therapy for a year.  My therapist has really helped me.  I have had a lot of big stressors during withdrawal so that hasn't helped in my recovery.  I guess I should start saying that I am in a healing phase and not withdrawal. 

What have been your big symptoms in healing?  Noticed I said healing and not withdrawal. :)   It is a start.

That's funny because I gave myself the "you have a chemical imbalance" talk since for a long time, I felt like there was something 'wrong' with me (I went on Prozac for social anxiety mainly).

I've never had a pop poop out but it did get to a point when I started to feel a bit zombie-like. This was after 6 months into taking it. I decided to stop taking Prozac because there were 2 times when I tried to change the dose and both of those times caused me to have major WD (but I didn't know it was WD at the time).

Yes, I think changing withdrawal to helping helps! I should tell myself the same thing. Every time you're in a wave, that is the brain trying to heal. I'm glad therapy had helped and I think going out for even a brisk walk may help even more. I know it's hard to do things while struggling but it will help to ease your mind and body. I've only taken fish oil the past few days and haven't felt significant changes from it but I'll keep taking it and see how I feel over the next week. I know acceptance is hard but ruminating over the negative parts of this process will only make your mentality worsen and thus further your anxiety. This will not cure over night. So you must take proactive measures to be more positive and healthy, as hard as it is.

In healing (I love this!), my biggest symptoms are: muscle tension (or muscle alertness? I can't seem to put a name to it), head pressure, heat around my head, tingling sensations, eye pressure, lack of appetite (this one is a big one! I have to force myself to eat now), diarrhea, and waking up/sleeping with anxiety.

Honestly, reading the success stories over and over again have helped me find strength to keep persisting. It's so freaking hard to do it but I'm hanging in there. If I can survive yesterday, I can survive today.

Edited by scallywag
strike-out on "pop-out", insert "poop-out"

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

Acceptance of how I feel has been difficult. I keep telling myself I wish I didn't have these symptoms, how does that help? Ruminating is awful. I keep getting stuck in the stories that I tell myself. I agree with you about needing to take proactive measures to be more healthy and positive. Positive is the one I struggle with. I have notice over the months that I have become very negative. One of the moderators said being negative can be a habit. That is exactly what it is. All the complaining over the past 16 months has caused me to be negative. I have done this to myself.

We will get through this but it is a very slow process.

anongrl5590 -

Acceptance of how I feel has been difficult. I keep telling myself I wish I didn't have these symptoms, how does that help? Ruminating is awful. I keep getting stuck in the stories that I tell myself. I agree with you about needing to take proactive measures to be more healthy and positive. Positive is the one I struggle with. I have notice over the months that I have become very negative. One of the moderators said being negative can be a habit. That is exactly what it is. All the complaining over the past 16 months has caused me to be negative. I have done this to myself.

We will get through this but it is a very slow process.

Yes, acceptance is difficult, I agree. Even for me it is still difficult (I am only 2 months into the WD so far). 

I find distraction helps a lot like going out with friends, taking a brisk walk outside when it's sunny and nice, light exercise, listening to relaxing music, watching a show you like that calms you down. Doing anything to keep yourself productive and mentally distracted. Also have you tried any supplements so far? What have you found that helps you? Have you experienced any windows even?

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

I haven't been great about distracting myself but I am working on it.  I am sure not constantly focusing on how I feel would make a big difference. 

I was taking supplements months ago but stopped them because I was thinking they were making my nausea worse.  I thought about starting fish oil again and see if my stomach will tolerate it.  Maybe that is something I should start this week. 

Honestly, I haven't really found anything that has helped me.  I do try and do mediation, but I do not do it every day.  I seem to just focus on the negative of what I am going through instead of focusing on the things that could help me.  Maybe I have conditioned my brain to be negative and look at the downside of things.  I am sure my recovery would be much better if I focused on the positive and on helping myself.

I have experienced a few windows but they do not last very long.  I have to remind myself that those windows are signs that I am healing. 

Hey guys, just stopping by to give an update.

It's now a little over 2 months of severe WD and I'm still fighting it. I am noticing a pattern of windows that last around 5-6 days (either I feel no symptoms or they're mild) and then I'm hit with a bad wave again that can last 7-14 days. I'm wondering does this all really get better? How long will the waves and windows go on? I don't want to reinstate the Prozac either because I am determined to get through this CT.

Also, I noticed I'm not experiencing any psychological symptoms other than some depression and moderate anxiety. All my symptoms right now are mainly physical. It feels like these physical symptoms are lasting longer than they should...

My medication -- Prozac

• Moderator Emeritus

Windows are a good sign that your CNS is adapting to a drug-free state. The windows and waves pattern can continue for many months.  It's unpredictable how long symptoms will last for any person.  What will likely happens is that over time the windows get longer and the waves shorter and less intense.  There seem to be some common "big wave" times:  around 8 months and then around 12 months after last dose.

scallywag's Introduction

Windows are a good sign that your CNS is adapting to a drug-free state. The windows and waves pattern can continue for many months. It's unpredictable how long symptoms will last for any person. What will likely happens is that over time the windows get longer and the waves shorter and less intense. There seem to be some common "big wave" times: around 8 months and then around 12 months after last dose.

I see. It's crazy that these waves and windows can occur over long periods of time. Why are there big waves around month 8 and 12? Does the CNS revert back to the initial WD state? Does it take longer to heal when it hits at these specific months?

My medication -- Prozac

• Moderator Emeritus

Just posting to note that I've seen your questions and that I haven't a clue about why this occurs.

scallywag's Introduction

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, how are you all doing so far? 

Just wanted to update you all - I'm still struggling through windows and waves and it seems like the waves are coming more frequently now than before  :( The windows are still present every now and then but they only last a few hours or even minutes. It's very unpredictable and spontaneous (I had a window last month that lasted 6 days straight! I wish I could have that again). I noticed a few symptoms have eased or are gone but I'm getting hit with new symptoms at varying intensities still. They're all mainly physical symptoms. Have any of you had symptoms in which you feel overall muscle agitation and something that seems to be pulling your stomach down? I constantly feel these symptoms and it's been dragging me down. Also, I started taking fish oil and probiotic pills which has sort of helped with the GI issues but that's it. I just bought magnesium citrate today so hopefully that will help....

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

It is good that you are noticing windows.  I really didn't have any windows for at least a year into withdrawal and they would only last for a couple of hours.  Enjoy the windows when you have them.  I agree they are very unpredictable.  It is good that you are noticing some of your symptoms are gone. 

I have had muscle issues during w/d.  Mostly muscles aching and soreness.  Muscle issues are common in withdrawal. 

anongrl5590 -

It is good that you are noticing windows.  I really didn't have any windows for at least a year into withdrawal and they would only last for a couple of hours.  Enjoy the windows when you have them.  I agree they are very unpredictable.  It is good that you are noticing some of your symptoms are gone. 

I have had muscle issues during w/d.  Mostly muscles aching and soreness.  Muscle issues are common in withdrawal.

Hi O2bhappy!

Yes, I'm trying to take advantage of the windows when I have them. How have you been doing? Any improvements so far in symptoms?

I don't get muscle aches but I do get muscle tension a lot. It's so annoying :(

My medication -- Prozac

anongrl5590 -

Today marks 17 months since I have been off Prozac.  I should really be celebrating the milestone, but instead I am still focused on how I feel.  I have notice improvements, which is a good thing.  Physically I am dealing with a smell hallucination, some nausea, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and fatigue.  Psychologically I am dealing with crying, sadness, anxiety, anger, panic attacks, fear, memory issues and ruminating thoughts.  Right now for me the psychological symptoms are harder to deal with.  I also find myself comparing myself to everyone else that I think "feels good" and is out living their lives. 

I tried to tell myself that I am a stronger person because of what I have gone through, but I am not sure that is the case. 

anongrl5590 -

Today marks 17 months since I have been off Prozac.  I should really be celebrating the milestone, but instead I am still focused on how I feel.  I have notice improvements, which is a good thing.  Physically I am dealing with a smell hallucination, some nausea, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and fatigue.  Psychologically I am dealing with crying, sadness, anxiety, anger, panic attacks, fear, memory issues and ruminating thoughts.  Right now for me the psychological symptoms are harder to deal with.  I also find myself comparing myself to everyone else that I think "feels good" and is out living their lives. 

I tried to tell myself that I am a stronger person because of what I have gone through, but I am not sure that is the case.

Hi O2bhappy -

I'm astounded you've gotten that far out for 17 mos already! That is amazing! But I totally understand how you feel... Even though I'm in the very early stages still (I'm only 3 mos into WD), I am always focusing on my feelings and symptoms rather than trying to ignore them. My symptoms are getting much, much worse than the first month of WD. I am actually on vacation now but it doesn't even feel like a vacation because the symptoms are soooo bad and I also keep comparing myself to everyone else around me who is functioning normally. I feel like we are in the same boat.

Did you ever try to reinstate? I am now thinking about it because my symptoms are getting worse and worse. I have so many physical symptoms:

- tingling skin

- muscle jerks

- dry mouth

- overall body is buzzing and highly on edge

- muscle tension

- internal tremors

- burning skin

- muscles pulsate

Did you experience these during the first months of WD? It's making it hard for me to sleep even. I feel like I'm dying.

My medication -- Prozac