powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

I must add when I post I'm not necessarily posting  to get reactions but of course thanks anyway .I just never journaled properly ,so I come here rather than do both :).

some bob Dylan is nice at the moment .  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Oh Pb am in that deep grief too..

your not alone my friend.Xx

hey I made some soup yesterday 

butter nut squash,lentils,celery,onions,garlic,carrots & veg stock it was lovely.So thank you for the ideas of soups.

Hope it passes soon Pb 

xxx

Hi pink your kind to post during your own wave ,make enough for a couple of days then your sorted for lunch ,sunday is usually a big cooking day for me but I'm having a day off :D.I had kale cubes in the freezer and popped them into my pasta sauce last night ,so handy .

I was very self-conscious on my walk this morning but the mindfulness kicked in and made me aware of what attention I was giving it .   

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I have,have frozen some as well :) Sunday’s are my washing & ironing days urgh!Managed to cook a Sunday dinner but the DR oh man,I might as well be on mars lol..

how do you do that with kale in & ice cube?Sorry I always ask you food questions lol,do you have any sauces with your pasta?have had to just use jar ones :/ had like to do home made,But by the time have seen to my son,dogs & home.I really tend to grab something fast ie jars of sauces (cheat lol)

hey well done pb :) when am sliding down that spiral I shout stop ✋ then try & distract.Its catching the pesky blinder before it gets you!But glad you brought your mind back...

xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

11 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

I have,have frozen some as well :) Sunday’s are my washing & ironing days urgh!Managed to cook a Sunday dinner but the DR oh man,I might as well be on mars lol..

how do you do that with kale in & ice cube?Sorry I always ask you food questions lol,do you have any sauces with your pasta?have had to just use jar ones :/ had like to do home made,But by the time have seen to my son,dogs & home.I really tend to grab something fast ie jars of sauces (cheat lol)

hey well done pb :) when am sliding down that spiral I shout stop ✋ then try & distract.Its catching the pesky blinder before it gets you!But glad you brought your mind back...

xxx

I'm fine with questions ,ask away.put the kale with some water in a blender ,wiz it up and pour the mix into ice cube tray .

Sauces don't take that long ,it can be as simple as opening a tin of tomatoes into a pot with whatever herbs and spices you want and heat it up.healthier and cheaper . I haven't bought a sauce in about 6 years .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thank you very much for that info PB....am off to make up some :) 

i still cant copy & paste Pb lol 

lovely videos by the way xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

6 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Thank you very much for that info PB....am off to make up some :) 

i still cant copy & paste Pb lol 

lovely videos by the way xxx

Oh, I blame my explanation:D ,ile find a video that explains it better .

If you read the back of a sauce bottle and see the ingredients ,I went and bought all the different ingredients and keep them in the press .I have quite the herb and spices collection :D.  my sister was visiting from overseas  and she was quite impressed .

Ye videos are great ,ive just noticed the second one there is titled "waves", beautiful music 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi pb

thanks for the music links. Have been listening and trying to soothe myself on what is a truly rotten day with symptoms all biting at once. The music is lovely and definitely easing my addled brain. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

7 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

thanks for the music links. Have been listening and trying to soothe myself on what is a truly rotten day with symptoms all biting at once. The music is lovely and definitely easing my addled brain. 

Ah that's nice scorpio glad its bringing you relief ,I'm getting goose pimples listening to them ,especially the waves one ,gas name for it  ,you've had quite a time over winter with flu ,days are getting longer so spring not long off ,we can hopefully come out of the trenches soon . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi pb

i agree, although windy and chilly the sight of daffodils popping up, snowdrops flowering along with the crocuses on our walk just now made me feel hope for better days soon. 

The wave was my favourite.  

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

42 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

i agree, although windy and chilly the sight of daffodils popping up, snowdrops flowering along with the crocuses on our walk just now made me feel hope for better days soon. 

The wave was my favourite.  

your walk sounds nice .good to get fresh air .

Yep waves my fav also ,pretty profound music to me 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Ive got to laugh im siting in a nice sunny spot  up the hills on a walk and of course therl be farmers drilling for fences .strong morning of panic and anxiety .doing my best to ride it out .

Cattle are put to graze were they never were before,yikes now ive to keep an eye out for a bull :D.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Visions of you been chased by the bull 😂!!

hope you aren’t wearing red Pb lol...

xxx

2 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Visions of you been chased by the bull 😂!!

hope you aren’t wearing red Pb lol...

xxx

Haha ,its actually the second year there  here but much more anxiety this year on my part.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

20 hours ago, powerback said:

Haha ,its actually the second year there  here but much more anxiety this year on my part.

Maybe next year pb you will be riding those bulls rodeo style haha!

xxx

8 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Maybe next year pb you will be riding those bulls rodeo style haha!

xxx

:D or just let him trample me later ;).the eternal optimist hey:).

I'm reminded of a funny line from onlyfools and horses that ive quoted here before but I love it .Rodney says about luck "knowing my luck I would be reincarnated and come back as myself :D ,so funny .sums up my pithy party this morning .

I have to admit thought I had another belly laugh last night ,that's 2 in a week .I'm so all over the place . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Haha,yea had welcome it right now :) lol!!!

i love only fools & horses..oh man that would just be my luck lol...

i like the one where he falls through the bar haha (classic) 

hey we’re all entitled to a pity party (just don’t unpack there) 

as my stuff is already there lol..

hey whats a belly laugh??lol

seriuosly that’s good stuff.No wonder people get diagonised with everything going when going through WD,it does mimic bi-polar because of the wild swings.

what a life Pb,one day the sun 🌞 will shine.Until then one foot in front of the other 

xx

30 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Haha,yea had welcome it right now :) lol!!!

i love only fools & horses..oh man that would just be my luck lol...

i like the one where he falls through the bar haha (classic) 

hey we’re all entitled to a pity party (just don’t unpack there) 

as my stuff is already there lol..

hey whats a belly laugh??lol

seriuosly that’s good stuff.No wonder people get diagonised with everything going when going through WD,it does mimic bi-polar because of the wild swings.

what a life Pb,one day the sun 🌞 will shine.Until then one foot in front of the other 

xx

I can judge and know when my withdrawal became bad/sick ,summer of 2016 I would come home and watch only fools  every night after work ,the last year  or more I cant watch any of it ,all triggering .

I've been reading tapering section this morning and I'm wondering if I have  side affects of the drug ,thus me holding for months is a non event .the joys hey .

I call it a  belly laugh because ye feel great after it and release the good feelings albeit short .

Be safe pink and cherish your little boy .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

That’s when I become really bad 2016 when I was CT off 2 drugs & given a benzo...so sorry Pb I know about the triggers watching t.v

i wonder the same,if I hold am still really sick so really don’t know.yet if I taper am really sick too.

i try to Pb just so very hard to try & parent in all this..His started helping me do our teas.

xx

1 hour ago, pinkfairy said:

That’s when I become really bad 2016 when I was CT off 2 drugs & given a benzo...so sorry Pb I know about the triggers watching t.v

i wonder the same,if I hold am still really sick so really don’t know.yet if I taper am really sick too.

i try to Pb just so very hard to try & parent in all this..His started helping me do our teas.

xx

Ah thats nice ,itl do him good for when he's older ,ive cooked since I was young and its one of the best things we can do .is there charitys to help you with what your going through and raising your son ,there should be .

Theres a charity for everything else .

We dont want  tofeel like a charity case thats the thing .

I was tired over Christmas and engaging with my little neice was tiring and overwhelming ,she gave me a huge hug one day and I nearly burst crying .

Be very watchful of the guilt and dum that down he will be a shining light in the coming years.

Total kudos to you .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Pb have tried to get us some help,but because am not a street drug user there’s nothing.Were in a little fishing village.I have him into counselling though.I wish there was help.

Or bless you pb...I get emotional when my son hugs me.Believe me am ground down been a single parent.Its very hard in WD...I get over whelmed most days.So much to do at home & making sure his school stuff is all sorted etc... 

the guilt & shame is huge in this as a parent.His my hope pb 

hope you managing ok & thanks for always talking to me xxx

11 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Pb have tried to get us some help,but because am not a street drug user there’s nothing.Were in a little fishing village.I have him into counselling though.I wish there was help.

Or bless you pb...I get emotional when my son hugs me.Believe me am ground down been a single parent.Its very hard in WD...I get over whelmed most days.So much to do at home & making sure his school stuff is all sorted etc... 

the guilt & shame is huge in this as a parent.His my hope pb 

hope you managing ok & thanks for always talking to me xxx

Situations like yours should get priority over anything .

Sounds peaceful atleast were you live .

Take care and dito to you too for the chats also  .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Very strong jittery feeling this week ,in barbers for haircut and exausted ,withdrawl plus a virus is alot for the body to cope with ,I now live in constant mindfulness mode ;)

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Today is a day when all you want is will smith to turn up from men in black and just zap your memory clear .just press delete fast please .I could be near the end of my tether. How in the world can I expect my partner to put her life on hold .I just want to burst . cant take the guilt anymore ,Neuro or not .

Peace to everyone . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi pb

its the virus hitting your w/d. It’s vicious and makes everything worse. Now in third week of third virus since beg of December I can testify that w/d hates viruses and really plays up. Look after yourself, rest and recover from the virus then the rest of it will improve again. You were having much better days and will do again. 

Thanks scorpio your very kind with your time with the fact your poorly also .

I thought I would distract with a documentary, but ive had to turn it off I'm so  triggered ,it was about all the plastic in the oceans and it just made me sick to watch .

Be safe and get well soon .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pb, it sounds really intense right now. Please hold on, use your mindfulness strategies; it will pass, probably not

as quickly as we'd like but it will.

I have a question and it might serve to distract you a bit: 

I like to put greens (kale, red chard, rainbow chard) in with frozen berries and sometimes other fruits to make smoothies.

It's an easy to get those dark leafy greens in for the health benefits. I like the idea of freezing some of the greens because sometimes they go bad before I can eat all of them and it seems wasteful. Do you think the kale ice cubes could work well in a smoothie? I don't want to break my little blender lol!

Thinking of you and hoping you are better ASAP

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

9 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

Hi Pb, it sounds really intense right now. Please hold on, use your mindfulness strategies; it will pass, probably not

as quickly as we'd like but it will.

I have a question and it might serve to distract you a bit: 

I like to put greens (kale, red chard, rainbow chard) in with frozen berries and sometimes other fruits to make smoothies.

It's an easy to get those dark leafy greens in for the health benefits. I like the idea of freezing some of the greens because sometimes they go bad before I can eat all of them and it seems wasteful. Do you think the kale ice cubes could work well in a smoothie? I don't want to break my little blender lol!

Thinking of you and hoping you are better ASAP

Hi Skyblue I really appreciate your kind words .

I get you about the ice cubes in the blender .you could put the cubes in a cup and put boiled water over them, just enough to defrost .

Im going away for a long weeknd tomorrow so trying to get in packing mode and distract .

Be safe and take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Note to self ,I must document today.today I have gotten some relief on the intensity of the crushing symptoms I have had for a while .

Its by no means a window but a lot better and ile take that for know .

Peace .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 minutes ago, powerback said:

Note to self ,I must document today.today I have gotten some relief on the intensity of the crushing symptoms I have had for a while .

Its by no means a window but a lot better and ile take that for know .

Peace .

That is great PB, it seems that your system starts to calm down after acute withdrawal.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Good to hear pb. Enjoy your weekend away and fingers crossed those symptoms continue easing down again. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi PB, thanks for the kind words and also the idea of warming the "kale cube" before putting in blender. I appreciate it. You take care too!

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

1 hour ago, Martina23 said:

That is great PB, it seems that your system starts to calm down after acute withdrawal.

Hi martina thanks for popping over ,ile take even a drop in intensity ,I hope your apartment troubles come to an end soon.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.