powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

49 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Hi PB, thanks for the kind words and also the idea of warming the "kale cube" before putting in blender. I appreciate it. You take care too!

Hi sky I was thinking of you today when I was blending all my leaves that were starting to turn bad  on me ,I got the leaves and loads of fresh parsley blended and frozen . I was chuffed :) .

I forgot to say that you can buy frozen kale from the store ,which is of course much handier but I like doing it myself with the fresh smells .

Be safe and keep fighting that demon but as miT often says to me don't fight it ,we could be putting do much energy into the fear of were our minds take us rather than were we actually are . 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Good to hear pb. Enjoy your weekend away and fingers crossed those symptoms continue easing down again. 

Thanks scorpio ,you keep fighting them viruses,i see its bright until 6pm now so we are on the turn for spring .as I say to my partner "that's a grand stretch in the evenings".

Peace . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
39 minutes ago, powerback said:

Hi sky I was thinking of you today when I was blending all my leaves that were starting to turn bad  on me ,I got the leaves and loads of fresh parsley blended and frozen . I was chuffed :) .

I forgot to say that you can buy frozen kale from the store ,which is of course much handier but I like doing it myself with the fresh smells .

Be safe and keep fighting that demon but as miT often says to me don't fight it ,we could be putting do much energy into the fear of were our minds take us rather than were we actually are . 

Hi PB, Sounds good ;you got a lot done! :)

Thanks, I will keep fighting! By "fighting" I don't mean "fighting" exactly; I mean more like hanging on, not giving up, staying in the game. And eventually winning. :)

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

how are you PB? did you have a nice weekend away?

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

how are you PB? did you have a nice weekend away?

Hi DJ sound man thanks for asking ,very overwhelming but mostly a nice weekend .I noticed I was very impatient traveling with others but it was more comfortable than traveling alone I think .the weather was nice in Scotland ,nice sunny days except Sunday but no rain .

This process we all go through on the site gives us quite the insight into things like depression and human  behaviour and I'm quite worried about my brother ,he's dealing with depression and resentment and the worst of all denial.im at pains to get him help and understand what's going on   with him .He didn't move from the airbnb the whole time we were there ,while the rest of us all went for lovely walks with his daughter .its very sad and the last thing I need in withdrawl ,everyone else is aware of how he is so I don't have to tackle him alone .his attitude is horrendous and his girlfriend is asking me for answers ,I feel for her so much .

Back in October I tried to use my withdrawl as a leverage and said to him  look I'm never giving up and will always fight this and get better and you keep losing the weight and in the spring we go for hike in Scotland ,but he has gone even more inside himself .

Anyway enough about that ,I hope your well DJ and ive so much respect for members like yourself raising kids in this process ,my niece was stuck to me like glue the whole weekend and she was an angel sent from heaven to me I believe :D.

Take care my friend .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

34 minutes ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ sound man thanks for asking ,very overwhelming but mostly a nice weekend .I noticed I was very impatient traveling with others but it was more comfortable than traveling alone I think .the weather was nice in Scotland ,nice sunny days except Sunday but no rain .

This process we all go through on the site gives us quite the insight into things like depression and human  behaviour and I'm quite worried about my brother ,he's dealing with depression and resentment and the worst of all denial.im at pains to get him help and understand what's going on   with him .He didn't move from the airbnb the whole time we were there ,while the rest of us all went for lovely walks with his daughter .its very sad and the last thing I need in withdrawl ,everyone else is aware of how he is so I don't have to tackle him alone .his attitude is horrendous and his girlfriend is asking me for answers ,I feel for her so much .

Back in October I tried to use my withdrawl as a leverage and said to him  look I'm never giving up and will always fight this and get better and you keep losing the weight and in the spring we go for hike in Scotland ,but he has gone even more inside himself .

Anyway enough about that ,I hope your well DJ and ive so much respect for members like yourself raising kids in this process ,my niece was stuck to me like glue the whole weekend and she was an angel sent from heaven to me I believe :D.

Take care my friend .

glad you had a nice time, sorry to hear about your brother, it is very difficult especially when going through withdrawal yourself, my brother is also having a bad time and I am certain his attempted suicide is what triggered off my withdrawal, he has been put on olanzapine and sertraline, I have had to distance myself from it all as bad as that sounds, its good that you have other family who can help you tackle him, you will be able to hopefully get him to try non drug treatments instead of him ending up on this site with us lot, 

sounds like such a nice relationship you have with your niece and she obviously loves you being around, 

the last month has been quite unstable for me, having quite a few mini waves, 

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

glad you had a nice time, sorry to hear about your brother, it is very difficult especially when going through withdrawal yourself, my brother is also having a bad time and I am certain his attempted suicide is what triggered off my withdrawal, he has been put on olanzapine and sertraline, I have had to distance myself from it all as bad as that sounds, its good that you have other family who can help you tackle him, you will be able to hopefully get him to try non drug treatments instead of him ending up on this site with us lot, 

sounds like such a nice relationship you have with your niece and she obviously loves you being around, 

the last month has been quite unstable for me, having quite a few mini waves, 

take care

That situation with your brother is terrible DJ sorry to hear that ,your quite correct to distance yourself ,your kids and yourself come first.

If I put to much effort into him im just avoiding my own situation ,so its a delicate balance .hes not open to any kind of spirituality or help.ive sent him countless things the last year .

Ye shes a little dote .

Off on a nice peaceful walk ,I dont miss the traveling the last few days .

Take care ,be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Powerback

I just came back from a coach trip to Scotland on Sunday, 4 nights/5 days.  I call them 'granny coach trips' because they are full of older people and are a gentle pace.  My husband loves them and so do I secretly.  I found Scotland very peaceful and spiritual, it was just what I needed, a few days back in nature completely. 

Hope you are doing OK, I am fine at present, but had a little anxious patch recently due to house buying.

It is strange to find these parallels in our lives.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

18 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I found Scotland very peaceful and spiritual

Hi Joy!

I visited Scotland and England last August, just before my protracted withdrawal began! Such beautiful places! Memories from that trip have helped to keep me going now that I'm in the midst of withdrawal!

I spent a week in Scotland, met cousins for the first time on Isle of Wight, and wandered around St. Ives for a few days.

Thank you for bringing it to mind today!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

11 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

Hi Powerback

I just came back from a coach trip to Scotland on Sunday, 4 nights/5 days.  I call them 'granny coach trips' because they are full of older people and are a gentle pace.  My husband loves them and so do I secretly.  I found Scotland very peaceful and spiritual, it was just what I needed, a few days back in nature completely. 

Hope you are doing OK, I am fine at present, but had a little anxious patch recently due to house buying.

It is strange to find these parallels in our lives.

Joy

hi joy ,trip sounds lovely ,I was on the west coast myself,i have family there and Glasgow  ,I was happy with the airbnb ,it was well equipped for pots and pans and cooking utensils ,I never know what I'm in for every time I stay in a different airbnb lol.

House buying would make anyone anxious so well done .

Take care joy thanks for popping over .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Tonight is a night for music and release pain and lots of it .not judging it but that instinct to hold back emotion is very strong .

I also need to pick up my taper soon ,which is scary but reading other threads and the support of my peers on SA  means everything to me .

Had a phone call a while ago from and old friend about a stag coming up and it has thrown up questions and a situation I am far from able to deal with and of course ile come out of it worse off ,people will think I'm ignorant ,I wouldn't even bother trying to explain my scenario ,I'm past the nightclubs and nonsense of stags anyway.

It was just interesting someone from my past connecting on a time before that I have gladly left behind and never want again .no offence to him . 

Of course I have all the usual Neuro guilt "was I polite enough".im an alien compared to the man this person would of known 8 years ago.  not only withdrawl but my lifestyle is nothing like back then .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi p.b....

you habing nothing to feel guality about,your life style as changed for the better!you aren’t missing out on anything,but it will bring back memories no doubt!

your doing amazing & should be so proud of your self 

pink 

xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

2 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Hi p.b....

you habing nothing to feel guality about,your life style as changed for the better!you aren’t missing out on anything,but it will bring back memories no doubt!

your doing amazing & should be so proud of your self 

pink 

xxx

Thanks pink .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I loved this talk ,basically its about taking back control of our own lives and reasonability for it .

Of course our journey is more complex but there is many similar narratives we can learn from .

I know the headline  looks a bit click bate "never be sick again " ,could you imagine,we can all hope and dream .its definitely better than the nightmares at least .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi PB, you asked on my thread about my taper.  i reduced the beads in a capsule. Mine were 75mg but I halved them for years before starting to taper. I had tried the 37.5 tablets but got the dose in one hit which I reacted to so stuck with removing half the beads. I think did this for about 6 years. I didn't count them at that time, just eyeballed them, not something I would recommend!  When I started to taper I tipped out half, then removed around 10% but I didn't know about SA then so it took just a year. I counted the balls when I got to a level where they were easy to count. I felt better and better as the dose lowered and quit at 5 beads.  A month later I was in withdrawal and found SA.  Reinstated and  took another 2 years to taper. Ta[ering so few beads was hard because the lowest you can taper is 20%, but I got there eventually. 

Can you tell me about your taper, the capsules you have and how many beads are in them?  Did you take out 1 bead for a month, then 2 beads for a month, then 3 for a month, etc?  How are you feeling?  This will save me having to go back to the beginning. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

1 hour ago, mammaP said:

Hi PB, you asked on my thread about my taper.  i reduced the beads in a capsule. Mine were 75mg but I halved them for years before starting to taper. I had tried the 37.5 tablets but got the dose in one hit which I reacted to so stuck with removing half the beads. I think did this for about 6 years. I didn't count them at that time, just eyeballed them, not something I would recommend!  When I started to taper I tipped out half, then removed around 10% but I didn't know about SA then so it took just a year. I counted the balls when I got to a level where they were easy to count. I felt better and better as the dose lowered and quit at 5 beads.  A month later I was in withdrawal and found SA.  Reinstated and  took another 2 years to taper. Ta[ering so few beads was hard because the lowest you can taper is 20%, but I got there eventually. 

Can you tell me about your taper, the capsules you have and how many beads are in them?  Did you take out 1 bead for a month, then 2 beads for a month, then 3 for a month, etc?  How are you feeling?  This will save me having to go back to the beginning. 

Hi MP thanks a lot for getting back to me so quick .Aprox 80 beads in a capsule.ye 1 bead out everyday for about a month,I'm on a long hold since October ,as my sig notes starting taper approaching cold season not the best idea .

I am brutally sensitive to reductions but learning a lot about my body .

I am watching my strength daily to pick up my taper again.[viruses constantly  ]

2 years ago it was get me off meds quick but the last year I'm slowly accepting my reality of how long it takes.

I'm thinking lately my decision to go sober before withdrawl hit a lucky advantage [dare I say that]  because I don't care about missing out on events [all alcohol related ].

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

I have read your topic right through this evening and here is what has stood out.  

2015 Jan  37.5 effexor

Feb quit alcohol

April 75.0 

June  37.5

2016  March tapered  5 beads daily. 

june  37.5

2017, January, taking out 2 beads every day. 

Feb Went back to 37.5 

Started tapering again March

April 5th  day 16 of 2 beads out

May  Went back to 37.5

June  change of brand

July 1 bead out

2 beads out

Aug 3 beads out

4 beads out

Sept 5 beads out

Oct 6 beads out

7 beads out

6 beads out

Attempted to taper 2016, and almost the whole of 2017 was up and down with doses,  most of the cuts were when you were still in withdrawal from the previous cuts.  Reading back it is plain to see that what you are experiencing is an unstable nervous system from all the changes. You never stabilised in between the cuts. They were very tiny cuts but they can make a huge difference with an already unstable nervous system.

I am not judging you or telling you off, it's so hard to see when you are in the middle of withdrawal and I empathise. 

Now the good news, and it is good! In December-January you had a really good window, you have had some small ones but the ones from December re really promising.  Your posts are more positive, you have been engaging in activities and feeling emotions, even if they have brought tears they are emotions and that is good. Tears are good!  The best thing you can do right now is nothing, just do what you are doing and let your nervous system settle down. This can take months, or even years for some people but it IS HAPPENING.  Every time you feel a 'wobble' like the recent one which was profound but short lived, it is your brain that is healing.  It took me 7 months to stabilise enough to restart tapering.  Stable doesn't mean 'normal', it means functioning on a steady level.  You are getting there, I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you are, and one day you will be off. For now forget about tapering. When you are ready to restart we can look at the best way for you. Until then do what you are doing, and when you get anxious and angry, just breathe through it and imagine you are in the forest or the highlands.  You desperately need to let your brain heal and recover from the changes. 

You also need to get a correct count for the beads in a capsule, there have been 'around 130' 'about 60'  'around 80' . You need to open 3 capsules, count them all and work out the average. I know I know, I had to do it too and that is a whole evening I will never get back!  Or you can get the tablets again. If 3 times a day is too difficult then twice a day will be fine. You can make a liquid and change gradually by reducing beads while increasing liquid until you are all liquid, then start to taper.  For now take the same dose every day and make sure that the beads you remove are the same size if possible.  Or a mix of different sizes. If you take 6 small ones out one day then 6 large ones the next day, that can be a variation of 1  or  2 mg.   

Take care and I hope you have a good nights sleep. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, mammaP said:

I have read your topic right through this evening and here is what has stood out.  

2015 Jan  37.5 effexor

Feb quit alcohol

April 75.0 

June  37.5

2016  March tapered  5 beads daily. 

june  37.5

2017, January, taking out 2 beads every day. 

Feb Went back to 37.5 

Started tapering again March

April 5th  day 16 of 2 beads out

May  Went back to 37.5

June  change of brand

July 1 bead out

2 beads out

Aug 3 beads out

4 beads out

Sept 5 beads out

Oct 6 beads out

7 beads out

6 beads out

Attempted to taper 2016, and almost the whole of 2017 was up and down with doses,  most of the cuts were when you were still in withdrawal from the previous cuts.  Reading back it is plain to see that what you are experiencing is an unstable nervous system from all the changes. You never stabilised in between the cuts. They were very tiny cuts but they can make a huge difference with an already unstable nervous system.

I am not judging you or telling you off, it's so hard to see when you are in the middle of withdrawal and I empathise. 

Now the good news, and it is good! In December-January you had a really good window, you have had some small ones but the ones from December re really promising.  Your posts are more positive, you have been engaging in activities and feeling emotions, even if they have brought tears they are emotions and that is good. Tears are good!  The best thing you can do right now is nothing, just do what you are doing and let your nervous system settle down. This can take months, or even years for some people but it IS HAPPENING.  Every time you feel a 'wobble' like the recent one which was profound but short lived, it is your brain that is healing.  It took me 7 months to stabilise enough to restart tapering.  Stable doesn't mean 'normal', it means functioning on a steady level.  You are getting there, I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you are, and one day you will be off. For now forget about tapering. When you are ready to restart we can look at the best way for you. Until then do what you are doing, and when you get anxious and angry, just breathe through it and imagine you are in the forest or the highlands.  You desperately need to let your brain heal and recover from the changes. 

You also need to get a correct count for the beads in a capsule, there have been 'around 130' 'about 60'  'around 80' . You need to open 3 capsules, count them all and work out the average. I know I know, I had to do it too and that is a whole evening I will never get back!  Or you can get the tablets again. If 3 times a day is too difficult then twice a day will be fine. You can make a liquid and change gradually by reducing beads while increasing liquid until you are all liquid, then start to taper.  For now take the same dose every day and make sure that the beads you remove are the same size if possible.  Or a mix of different sizes. If you take 6 small ones out one day then 6 large ones the next day, that can be a variation of 1  or  2 mg.   

Take care and I hope you have a good nights sleep. 

Hi MP thanks for such a detailed response and taking the time to read through my thread .I truly wasn't expecting you to put so much effort it my question .

I haven't replied sooner because I'm exhausted with a virus,so I apologise.i was surfing around the site but I wanted to give you a proper response .

I'm on quite the hold now .I've done a good bit of reading threads for a while and I've noticed I am dealing with very bad cog fog /no concentration for longer than I will admit .I simply cant function normally so the battle between hold and taper is excruciating . 

As my story shows [I'm not sure if it is explained  further back on my thread ] my withdrawl hit well before I found SA .on the advice of my doctor I halved a 75mg dose .so even though I can give others advice [not meds] I'm in a nightmare protracted withdrawl .Thankfully I stopped listening to my doctor more than a year ago or I would be on all sorts of meds ,the silver lining is I only need to get off  the dreaded "V".

Thanks a lot for your input and advice ,its duly notated .

I hope your well .take great care .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Want to record an update .were do I start .simple fact its hell .this winter has been astonishing .constant virus since Christmas ,the last 2 weeks has been a constant living hell.i wont even go into all the symptoms and I'm well aware all I'm doing is repeating myself .I just don't know what ile do .

My brain just feels like its on fire .my world has become so small its become unbearable.

All I am doing is enduring constant misery.i found a quiet corner in the sun today on my walk but I couldn't relax because this process has taken my ability to be human away from me .

Apologies for being so despondent .

I so desperately want to be positive but its nearly impossible being nearly  constantly suicidal.what I'n the world is doing this,is it the drug ,then why am I even bothered holding.no mindfulness can help this ,I try constantly to push the thoughts out of my head .

Peace to anyone going through hell .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Please make sure you have someone in the flesh you can tell your symptoms to.

Everyone will say stick with it or reinstate a little - what is your thinking?

Joy

PB. What do you think about MammaP's thoughts?

Mindfulness can help this ~ it's what I did when times were tough. You can do this, too.

Joy is right ~ I hope you have an "on the ground " person to speak to .

I had SI and it is completely gone ~ it was the drugs.

Take care.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi pb

im so sorry you are going through such a bad time. Those viruses got me four times from beginning of December to last week and I can only say they knock our cns terribly. Just let yourself start to feel better as the virus leaves you and then your windows will come back. 

It is only the last couple of days I have felt any easing of those horrible symptoms for quite some time. You have had windows and have helped me when I was struggling your windows will be back. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

PB when was the last time you were stable? I know you may not like it, but maybe it is time for an updose? Just reading through your thread seems you have suffered for quite a long time with little results. 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

I agree with Dave B.  You must be careful not to push yourself too hard.

8 minutes ago, DaveB said:

PB when was the last time you were stable? I know you may not like it, but maybe it is time for an updose? Just reading through your thread seems you have suffered for quite a long time with little results. 

HI Dave you  have a valid point but that's not an option ,I've read enough updose stories to say it wouldn't go well for me .I reckon it's an acumalation of colds and viruses  and I think im fighting a urinary infection . so I presume my body is under serious stress ,thus the catatonic depression .

Thanks for your reply.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, AliG said:

PB. What do you think about MammaP's thoughts?

Mindfulness can help this ~ it's what I did when times were tough. You can do this, too.

Joy is right ~ I hope you have an "on the ground " person to speak to .

I had SI and it is completely gone ~ it was the drugs.

Take care.

Ali

Believe me I practice mindfulness alot ,I start to wonder about using mindfulness in extreme situations constantly ,almost like I'm just storing it away in a locked cubpord and then it's released ,I'm loosing my mind from the stress . constantly on the verge of snapping .

I totally get the want and need to control our behavior but lately there's a horrible enevitibility of my situation .

I could snap in the next 5 minutes and be gaurenteed to be homeless ,the stress of this is all consuming .

God knows what way my brain has been left like because of these meds .

Please don't relate ones experience to mine ,I'm extreme .I mean this sentence for new members .

Thanks everyone and Alig .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, joy2730 said:

Please make sure you have someone in the flesh you can tell your symptoms to.

Everyone will say stick with it or reinstate a little - what is your thinking?

Joy

HI Joy ,in my opinion it's pointless talking to anyone ,for a start I won't pay the €100 for a session and the charitable counseling isn't fit for purpose .trust me I've been there and since done my research .

I'll be fine I just need to get past this hellish period .I often wonder about my baseline of no meds and then I'm getting into genetics and I simply can't do anything about them .

Maybe I will look into an online offload forum because I don't speak to my partner or mother about this stuff anymore ,its gone on too long and I realised all I did was scare them ,so my opinion of having support has changed.actually come to think of a lovely member pm me a group last year .I must check it out . 

Thanks for your input ,I hope your well joy .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

54 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

im so sorry you are going through such a bad time. Those viruses got me four times from beginning of December to last week and I can only say they knock our cns terribly. Just let yourself start to feel better as the virus leaves you and then your windows will come back. 

It is only the last couple of days I have felt any easing of those horrible symptoms for quite some time. You have had windows and have helped me when I was struggling your windows will be back. 

Hi Scorpio your so kind ,I could cry with the agony of depression I'm in ,I'm second guessing everything lately ,even joining SA ,no offence to any member or mod ,its all me  .

I so desperately want to be a an example of hope .its crushing .I'm painfully aware of what its like to live with someone like this so my inner critic is on steroids.ide say I'm kindled a long time ago and I'm just ignoring the reality .

Maybe I should just give in and go to hospital for 6 months and sleep .I'm tempted .

I hope your well S thanks again .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I can relate to everything you just said, as I also went through it  ~  just hang in there ~ This gets so much better !  Keep breathing and just being ...  "  it does improve " over time.

I was " extreme" too ! Now ~ I'm good.

Just saw your last post ~ I understand the depression ~ all I can say is that it recedes, over time.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

57 minutes ago, AliG said:

I can relate to everything you just said, as I also went through it  ~  just hang in there ~ This gets so much better !  Keep breathing and just being ...  "  it does improve " over time.

I was " extreme" too ! Now ~ I'm good.

Just saw your last post ~ I understand the depression ~ all I can say is that it recedes, over time.

Hi A thanks for your input its appreciated.i trust you, I do .I just hope I have the patience for this storm to go past .I woke the other morning drowning in my sleep[dream], yikes :o lol.

I well believe it can be irritating when a member posts like I have today ,but as we know our journeys are all relative to our own time and experience in life,and I must say for me personally it couldn't of come at a more worse/destructive  time in my life [withdrawl] ,I'm nearly going to accept I wont have a life I thought I would of .I live with constant flashbacks ,so I often wonder about the damage done to my memory/feelings part of the brain ,not blaming totally meds.going a bit deep but if I ever find a pot of gold I can get the forensic psychologist to find me answers .

The last year I am terrified to listen to Jordan Peterson's teachings  ,I often fear he is correct and that terrifies me to my soul .

Take care A. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

HI Dave you  have a valid point but that's not an option ,I've read enough updose stories to say it wouldn't go well for me .I reckon it's an acumalation of colds and viruses  and I think im fighting a urinary infection . so I presume my body is under serious stress ,thus the catatonic depression .

Thanks for your reply.

That is interesting. I have rarely seen an updose cause many problems from what I have read. 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

5 minutes ago, DaveB said:

That is interesting. I have rarely seen an updose cause many problems from what I have read. 

I'm not well enough Dave to get in debate about meds ,everyone is different .its nearly 2 years since I was put in this mess by my doctor so its quite the nightmare .Good on ye being so versed on meds ,I never was so I cant get into a debate  that i might  be causing my own troubles.its far from that simple.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

hi pb

this is not you talking this is those horrible neuro emotions grabbing your mind. The depression is all encompassing but it will go the same as it did before. Not so very long ago you were out walking, talking, enjoying the days. Those days will be back. Just keep on holding on, minute by minute, hour by hour. 

I would definitely put hospital out of your mind it is not a refuge it is an invitation to enjoy even more of these life enhancing drugs we are all so desperately trying to get out of our system. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

2 minutes ago, powerback said:

I'm not well enough Dave to get in debate about meds ,everyone is different .its nearly 2 years since I was put in this mess by my doctor so its quite the nightmare .Good on ye being so versed on meds ,I never was so I cant get into a debate  that i might  be causing my own troubles.its far from that simple.

I was not meaning to be confrontational or offensive. I know very little, just trying to help if I can. Nothing is worse than suffering feeling like you have no hope, I was just saying you may want to consider an updose back to the dose you were on when you were stable. Then taper from there rather than continue suffering with the feelings of hopelessness. Your choice and honestly you know yourself and your body better than anyone, I just hate to see people suffering. 

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

hi pb

this is not you talking this is those horrible neuro emotions grabbing your mind. The depression is all encompassing but it will go the same as it did before. Not so very long ago you were out walking, talking, enjoying the days. Those days will be back. Just keep on holding on, minute by minute, hour by hour. 

I would definitely put hospital out of your mind it is not a refuge it is an invitation to enjoy even more of these life enhancing drugs we are all so desperately trying to get out of our system. 

Ah thanks scorpio  your very kind .the irritation is fairly extreme[depression] and there's no hiding from it .I'm very scared .

I need to get  my genetic make up worked out  and try to help others not to go near these drugs with a similar code because its like acid to my cells .

Take care s, I appreciate your thoughts .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.