phoenix7

Is there anything worse than psych drugs?

phoenix7   
phoenix7

Maybe chemotherapy pills? But even those dont have these nasty withdrawals..

Mort81   
Mort81

Maybe only the pills that kill you immediately like rat poison

LexAnger   
LexAnger

I have a friend who went through chemo therapy followed by multiple pshyc drugs told me this, chemo is a piece of cake as compared to pshyc drug. And she didn't even have any problems withdrawal all those drugs, only the side effects.

As for poisons killing ppl immediately, it's still better than these pshyc drugs, as they put you into the worst longest most bazaar suffering as someone put it, it's below death!

LexAnger   
LexAnger

Want to add one thing more, they take away your dignity nothing in the whole world does. I was so gphoping I can die but I can't die like this leaving my family suffer from the indignity

Mort81   
Mort81

Lex I agree with you its a shame, in 50 yrs people will look back and wonder how the hell this was allowed to happen. I wish I abused other substances instead of SSRI. I would be healthier right now If I drank, smoked and took steroids everyday for the last 7 yrs.

tjdeepthinker   
tjdeepthinker

I have a friend who went through chemo therapy followed by multiple pshyc drugs told me this, chemo is a piece of cake as compared to pshyc drug. And she didn't even have any problems withdrawal all those drugs, only the side effects.

As for poisons killing ppl immediately, it's still better than these pshyc drugs, as they put you into the worst longest most bazaar suffering as someone put it, it's below death!

I think this is true. Although not to take away from the poor people who go through chemo! That is it's own type of hell! But I think... Maybe if we were more accepted / supported / listened to by modern medicine.... It would somehow be more bearable too? Does that make sense. I mean. I have lost many family members to cancer. It is NOT EASY. But everyone steps up... You know? To help. Instead of shaming you, and not believing you. I think, for me. That is the hardest part. Feeling alone in my suffering. When the withdrawals get tough, or a life event gets tough... I feel alone. There is nothing I can.. 'Do'. There really isn't. Except maybe hope. Or pray... If praying is your thing. If there was smaller doses easily available for tapering... And support and sympathy available too... I think it would be easier. But I totally agree. So called 'psych drugs' are the worst drugs... So far. I am sure the new ones are worse, as humans get better at making poison every year. :( 

Just wanted to add that here. 

Strength and fire to everyone! 

powerback   
powerback

Id b astonished if there was .I have the constant fear of loosing everything because of my horrible symtoms .

At times im impossible to live with and i cant blame them.no self pity just reality.

Bring on the fight nasty drugs  

tjdeepthinker   
tjdeepthinker

Id b astonished if there was .I have the constant fear of loosing everything because of my horrible symtoms .

At times im impossible to live with and i cant blame them.no self pity just reality.

Bring on the fight nasty drugs  

Hi Powerback, I struggle with this as well. So much. But I need people. SO I just  keep saying how sorry I am to everyone. They get sick of that too. But it is possible to be accepted, just as you are. I am learning that. Even though I am not perfect. I allow others to not be perfect too, and that helps me accept my own imperfects somehow. And to remind myself that it is not my fault! 

powerback   
powerback

HI tjdeepthinker , good point about allowing yourself to b accepted for the way we are, couple of years ago a therapist told me I had the strongest self critic he had ever come across ,I found that very interesting ,I wouldn't even take positive praise from anyone let alone trying to cope with negative criticism .

since I've become aware of this I've been working on things like perfectionism and letting a positive praise sit with me and accept it and cope better with criticism and failure .

It is helping me hugely the last year because I'm stuck in a pit of symptoms and accepting sympathy and help from others when needed.

Knowledge is poor .

take care .

tjdeepthinker   
tjdeepthinker

HI tjdeepthinker , good point about allowing yourself to b accepted for the way we are, couple of years ago a therapist told me I had the strongest self critic he had ever come across ,I found that very interesting ,I wouldn't even take positive praise from anyone let alone trying to cope with negative criticism .

since I've become aware of this I've been working on things like perfectionism and letting a positive praise sit with me and accept it and cope better with criticism and failure .

It is helping me hugely the last year because I'm stuck in a pit of symptoms and accepting sympathy and help from others when needed.

Knowledge is poor .

take care .

Hi Powerback,

I am also working on these things in my life at the moment! Letting go. And letting be... Sounds like yoiu have made some really good insights. I guess it's a working daily progress. -TJ

powerback   
powerback

Knowledge is poor .

take care .

Hi Powerback,

I am also working on these things in my life at the moment! Letting go. And letting be... Sounds like yoiu have made some really good insights. I guess it's a working daily progress. -TJ

Hi TJ,exactly its a working progress and it can b very exciting learning to understand ourselves better without constantly judging ourselves so harshly and having more compassion.

For me personally when I realised the drugs don't solve my issues they just numbed me .I've been on a self discovery journey soaking up as much philosophy and phsycology as I can and its helped so much .I will warn anyone going down my route to do it under the supervision of a trained therapist first. [GP put me on drugs not therapist in my case].

I'm a big fan of a guy called gabor mate ,he has amazing insight into the human condition and very open about he's own story ,well worth a look at

The main thing is we should never judge ourselves for the pain in our lives or going on drugs and never stop learning about ourselves when the time or circumstances allow .   

tjdeepthinker   
tjdeepthinker

Knowledge is poor .

take care .

Hi Powerback,

Hi TJ,exactly its a working progress and it can b very exciting learning to understand ourselves better without constantly judging ourselves so harshly and having more compassion.

For me personally when I realised the drugs don't solve my issues they just numbed me .I've been on a self discovery journey soaking up as much philosophy and phsycology as I can and its helped so much .I will warn anyone going down my route to do it under the supervision of a trained therapist first. [GP put me on drugs not therapist in my case].

I'm a big fan of a guy called gabor mate ,he has amazing insight into the human condition and very open about he's own story ,well worth a look at

The main thing is we should never judge ourselves for the pain in our lives or going on drugs and never stop learning about ourselves when the time or circumstances allow .   

I will def take a look at that! My favs are Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Eckhart Tolle. Also worth taking a look at if you haven't yet. Sorry to hear about your GP. I was also first medicated by a gp... It's so sad. They really are trying to help. They just don't understand. They are not taught about the dangers of these very strong drugs!  -TJ 

greyed   
greyed

I would quite honestly say no. Below death, for sure.