• Announcements

compsports

1 Boring Old Man Blog/Mickey is in ICU/Tasteless Comment

8 posts in this topic

For those of you who follow the 1 Boring Old Man Blog, daughter posted that he is very seriously ill and in intensive care.   If you are not familiar with it, it is run by a retired psychiatrist who has spoken out against the abuses of psychiatry and has done excellent analysis' showing how many of the alleged effectiveness of drug studies are pure BS.

Sadly, Dr. Hassman, a psychiatrist who many of us, unfortunately, know very well online, just had to write a negative comment.  He 2nd guessed the daughter for posting his picture when she had fully consulted with his wife about doing it.   He also implied that by posting the picture, evil anti-psychiatry folks would go after him.

The daughter responded with big time class which I honestly would have had a hard time doing.   I just thought in light of the situation, it was so completely tasteless but then again, his behavior is not a surprise.

http://1boringoldman.com/index.php/2017/02/03/a-post-from-someone-who-isnt-mickey/

CS

I've been following this too and I agree with you about the negative comment. This was definitely not the time or place for Dr. Hassman to say what he did.

I tried to send you a p.m. but it's not letting me? Is your mailbox full?

I am so happy to read he is doing better I read his blog for years.

Sorry to learn of his passing.

The world needs people more like him.

Still learning of the wonderful work he did.

"I began to read up on the psychopharmacology literature and couldn’t believe what I found. I had been oblivious to the gross invasion of academic psychiatry by the pharmaceutical industry, cloistered in my psychotherapy practice. I had already been a blogger, but the more I learned, the more the blog [1boringoldman.com] turned towards the dreadful state of affairs in psychiatry"

" I had looked into Paxil Study 329, but in August 2012, I happened onto the raw data that had finally been posted on the Internet, and I took a stab at analyzing it on the blog. I submitted my findings to the JAACAP [Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, publisher of the study] requesting a retraction [to no avail]."

it is sad

Very sad that the world has lost Mickey Nardo.