SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009

Hi 8 am from the UK and was on Prozac for 18years but had been unwell and having physical problems the past few years but tests where all clear. I realised it was the drug that was the problem. I was taken off too quickly and my body went into shock and I have been in protracted withdrawal ever since which is 9months now. Every month I'm getting new symptoms and really struggling with living. I can't tolerate even a pain relieve tablet without a reaction. I have awful lung and chest pain, blurred vision, severe headache which has just started this week and feel like I'm dying. I feel I maybe shouldn't have came of but then maybe it's better to get the poison out of my body. Really need some positive vibes at the moment and if anyone else in UK can help please do as I'm frightened that I'm going to die.

Edited by scallywag
tags

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bluebird2009

• mammaP

• ChessieCat

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Quoted post from: "Success: Recovery From Protracted Zoloft Withdrawal and PSSD"

I am so glad to hear this story as I am 9months into protracted withdrawal and have taken the worst headaches ever this week another new symptom that I'm struggling to cope with. My weight is falling off and I can't tolerate any medication at all. I'm so glad to hear that this will end in time. Thank you

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Why do Doctors not take us off these drugs properly, I wish I had saw this before I came off as i was told every other day for 2 weeks at which time my nervous system went into shock and I have been ill ever since. That was 9months ago. Will I still heal??

Edited by scallywag
moved from 3KIS topic

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• Moderator Emeritus

You will heal. It takes time. I wish someone could give you a prediction you could rely on, but there's no such person or knowledge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you scallywag

That is a very clever picture sw.

Bluebird have you considered making a complaint to the appropriate places in Ireland regarding this iatrogenic harm.

You doctor is hugely amiss to have you on prozac for 18 yrs and then taper off over just 2 weeks?

Are you able to do a drug sig.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Yes I could make a complaint but it would cause me a lot of stress and at the moment I'm trying to keep myself as stress free as possible. My Doctor has apologised for having me on the drug so long but that doesn't really help matters as I'm suffering. Thank you

20mg of Prozac for 18years with a break in 1999 for pregnancy. Unwell since September 2015 and think it was tolerance. Started to come off May 2016. From June 2016 unable to tolerate any drug and have been this way ever since. Also was on lansoprazole on and off from 2001 until June 2016.

I hope I'm not be a pain but I would like to know is it normal not to tolerate any medications during withdrawal and also have allergies to foods? I'm so frightened of taking an infection as my body won't tolerate drugs and my doctor says it's not possible. I feel very alone and frightened because of this. Will the medication sensitivity eventually recover and does anyone have an idea of when? Also I have a bit of depression and wonder is this from withdrawal. I'm confused as I don't know what is happening and can't find much help here in Northern Ireland. Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bluebird,

To create your signature, click on the little arrow beside your name at the top right of the screen.  From the drop down click on My Settings.  On the left, click on Signature.  Don't forget to click on Save Changes at the bottom of the box where you type in your signature.  If you are using a phone, you will need to follow the instructions here.

Many members have issues with medications and foods.  Here are some SA topics which might answer your questions:

1. food-sensitivities
  2. histamine-food-intolerance
  3. digestive-problems-nausea-diarrhea-bloating-gerd
  4. drugs-to-avoid-in-withdrawal
  5. cipro-levaquin-azithromycin-z-pack-and-other-antibiotics
  6. painkillers-in-withdrawal-aspirin-ibuprofen-paracetamol-acetaminophen-naproxen-codeine
  7. antihistamines-and-what-to-use-for-allergy-relief

If you are looking for a particular thing (I will use vitamins in the example), use a search engine and type in survivingantidepressants.org + vitamins.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you

ChessieCat I had severe anxiety that wldnt stop for past 8months after stopping Prozac, anxiety seems to be easing but depression is setting in, is this withdrawal or original condition returning?

• Moderator Emeritus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, can anyone help me please, I have had a good few weeks and thought I was doing ok but I have taken really sick today with reactions to everything I eat. I'm off Prozac 9months and though things where improving but not good the past few days my nervous sytem is tingling all over my body and I have weaknes and real ill feeling. Is this normal after a few ok weeks and is it normal to get new withdrawal symptoms so far out??

• Moderator Emeritus

Some people do get a wave of symptoms between 9 and 12 months after last dose. I can't tell you why this happens only that others have reported it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I have taken really unwell after having a good few weeks of being able to eat and function, I just don't know wwhatbis happening and I am very frightened. I have a very low mood and my anxiety is very high and I can't take anything for it. I really wish I had never came off my drug as if kept me stable even though I had severe stiomach problems on it and my mood was starting to get low but nothing like this. Does everyone recover eventually or improve at least?

Can someone please help as I think I'm going to die, my sensitivity is so back I'm reacting to everything that goes into my body, all meds I can't tolerate anything and now foods I think my nervous system is damaged badly and I'm going to die

• Moderator Emeritus

This is a quote by Alto Strata, this site's owner, to another member who is currently having a difficult time:

"You are experiencing typical withdrawal symptoms and effects of (* in your case Bluebird going off) antidepressants. This site exists because going off them isn't easy.  ...

You will need to be patient, to manage your symptoms, and not to dramatize the misery -- that will only make it worse, adding more stress to your nervous system. This may be the hardest thing you've done, but you will get through it."

* Italics mine.

Have you tried Magnesium.  You could try having a bath or soaking your feet in epsom salts.  I have found that taking magnesium takes the edge off my anxiety.  Start with a low dose to test first before increasing slowly.

It's important to learn Non-drug techniques

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Yoga for calming (very simple poses can help greatly)

I had been doing really well for a few weeks and thought I was recovering but I have taken really ill this past few days back to the way I was when I first came off. I really feel I'm going to die from this and that I'm permanently damaged and if I go to hospital they won't believe so I'll just have to die at home

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Bluebird,

Protracted withdrawal?  Not yet.  9 months is still "normal withdrawal" for these drugs.  I know, it seems like forever, but - I hope it helps you to know that 9 months out is really quite common (like Scallywag was saying) for these types of extreme symptoms, especially from a fast taper or cold turkey.

I'm sorry you are suffering so much, but you are not alone.  Others have been through this, and survived it, and you can too.  

It's not the withdrawal that could kill you (even though it's really scary) - but your reaction to the withdrawal is vitally important. 

You need to learn to dial down your fear and secondary fear (fear of the fear).  This is a learned skill, and it's challenging.

Chessiecat's links and suggestions are exactly what I would give you.  I suggest you take some time to read the links she gave you.  This is a huge site, and so we provide links to help show you what we think would be most helpful to you.

Everything she provided - especially the Claire Weekes and Non-Drug Techniques - are valuable and can help you.  

But it's up to you to read them, learn about what is happening to you.  As you learn about it, you may find that you can gain a sense of purpose and understanding about your symptoms, and hopefully you can learn how to float with them, wait them out, survive them.

It will get better, but it will take time.  Tell me, out of those links, what would you like to try, to ease your symptoms, or distract you while you are waiting?

I take daily walks outside in the daylight.  It helps me stay in touch with my body, gives me mood helping sunlight, and gives me about 10 minutes of distraction (but I notice I'm better for at least 30 minutes after the walk, and sometimes all day).

The only thing Chessie didn't mention, is Omega-3 fish oil, which I find very helpful for the brain & nervous system.

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi Jancarol, thank you for your reply, a neurologist told me I'm in protracted withdrawal as my doctor insist s there is no such thing. I am so frightened because I had been doing well this past too Warks and out of the blue took really ill. I am walking which helps and I and at a meditation class and practicing at home aswell. Can I ask what you mean when u say about what won't kill me, what can?? Can I also ask is it normal for symptoms to change as I'm havi ng deafness in my ear and strange head pains which I haven't had before, but the shortness of breath that I had for 5 months is now less. I can't cope with sickness and this is my problem as I don't know what's withdrawal and what wld need medical attention. Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

I imagine that the reason the neurologist has labelled it protracted withdrawal is because, in general, the medical profession don't recognise AD withdrawal lasting longer than a few weeks or maybe a couple of months at the most.

After joining SA I did of reading and researching and watching videos.  I found that knowing what is happening has helped me not to panic when I get withdrawal symptoms (see the Checklist for a list of symptoms).

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

This may be helpful:  Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

The drug you took changed your brain and now that it isn't getting it, the brain is trying very hard to regain homeostatis.  When people go off the drug too quickly the brain has a lot of work to do, whereas tapering allows the brain to adapt a little at a time.  The following might help you to understand this:

"It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were [...] to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and [...] to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while [...] is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made. 

And just like the Twin Towers- it's possible - but the buiding is a major effort -and it takes a good year or more sometimes. smiley.gif"

I believe that when we get stressed and worry about what is happening the brain is diverted from trying to regain homeostatis because it is busy dealing with the stress.  Learning and understanding what is happening and learning and practising non drug techniques can help us to get through the difficult times.

We can offer suggestions and support you, BUT you need to learn and try techniques to find the ones that help you and then use them when needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Bluebird, 

That's great that you can walk and meditate!

Meditation is like a savings account - the more you invest into it, the more you have for emergency times.  May I ask what type of meditation?  Guided meditations on YouTube? (I like those) Or did you have another practice in place?

Symptoms constantly change, as you rebuild your system.  It's especially dramatic when you are in cold turkey or fast withdrawal.

The symptoms cannot kill you - they are very uncomfortable at times, but the symptoms are not life threatening.  IF you become afraid that they are, you can always have them checked out, but most of the time you will be told there is nothing wrong.  Withdrawal causes all kinds of different symptoms, as Chessie said.

What is dangerous is if you get all upset about your symptoms and try a bunch of supplements, or act out your emotions (temper tantrums, threats of harm to yourself and others, for example) because you are afraid of your symptoms.

Learn to make your environment a safe space - a calming, soothing place that you can retreat to when you are not feeling well.  This will take time, and keeping your system calm is the clearest way to heal.  A stable routine will help, too.

Here's a trick I use to turn off my "fight or flight" response:

I hope you see the sun today! 

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Thank you both for your help, I go to a mindfulness class and I'm being taught meditation at that which is very helpful but when my symptoms flare I find it vey difficult to meditate or do the deep breathing because I have such uncontrollable anxiety and inner restlessness it is horrific but I hope things settle again and I follow the instructions you both have given.

ChessieCat can you resent the audio panic please as nothing came through. Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

The link works okay for me.  You might need to right click on the link in my post and save as and then open it from your computer.  It is an mp3 file.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yep!  That's when "building up a bank" of meditation practice helps.

When you feel better - that's the time to meditate.  Every day.  No matter what.  

Then, when you are in a tough spot - it is easier to meditate, and the meditation is more effective.

Learning to meditate from an extreme state is sorta tough - can't sit still, not comfortable, wild thoughts, like trying to tame a bronco with burrs under the saddle.

Regular meditation helps to pick the burrs out, gets the bronco used to the saddle, so that possibly - the next time you "go for a ride," it will be easier.

Another way to think of it is like travel.

The more often you travel a certain route, the more familiar it is. 

When the route is strange, and you are in distress, it's hard to do.

But if you've done it lots and lots of times, then it's easier from any mental or emotional state, to find the way.

That's great that you have a mindfulness class locally.  Is it a nice place?  Are there others there for you to get to know?

I ask because - another key piece in my recovery has been casting a wide web for support.  Not just my family or my husband, but a wide variety of friends so that I have different places to go, different people to talk to (not necessarily always about drugs & recovery - just - friends who are comfortable to be with, even when I'm feeling bad).  This wider web of support - not everybody is available on any given day - means that I can usually find someone to talk to when I need to.  I'm just wondering if you can make friends at your mindfulness class?

Hi can anyone help, I have been sleeping well through withdrawal until this week and now I'm wakening at 3 am and can't get back to sleep. Mind racing and I can't dose during the day. I just don't know what is going on as I had been doing ok for 3 weeks and thought I was getting better. I'm feeling very ill and my whole body has inner trembling and I can't take anything as I'm hypersensitive. Really can't cope with this withdrawal as it is destroying my life

My doctor says this is a relapse and I won't recover without medication but I can't tolerate the mess they make me very unwell and effect my nervous system. I feel I was already in a form of withdrawal before I came of the Prozac because I had sensitivity to meds and severe headaches, floaters in eyes and aching joints and severe stomach pain forna year before fully coming off. A very frightened lady who feels she can't go on like this much longer as this is horrific. I'm also really ill every time I have my period.

Hello Bluebird,

I have just read through all your postings and identify with so much of how you are feeling. I came off AD's in June 2016 cold turkey and for the first 100 days went through hell but decided that was to be expected and that I would then be ok, how wrong I was as stage 2 kicked in a took me by surprise with all the symptoms that I was not ready for, the sweating, pounding heart, aches and pains, a terrible pain in my head-not like a headache, feeling completely detached from the world and not being a part of anything anymore.  There have been many many new symptoms each and every week. I did have until a few weeks ago a dizziness that I found very frightening like being on a boat and rocking from side to side as if I had been on a long trip on a Ferry and lost my land legs, best way I can describe. That has passed over now for most of the time but it will appear out of the blue for an hour or two here and there.  I felt so desperate not too many weeks ago that I was going to go back on AD's as felt so ill and so messed up, I didn't though and I am so glad I didn't. I just log on here and read the postings for an hour or two and this brings some relief. Almost 9 months in now I do believe I will get better and it has to be when my brain has finished settling and now when I say so or when I want to.  All the symptoms come and go and when I think one has gone for good it comes back and when one of them goes for good it is then replaced with a brand new one. I still feel pretty awful and a sense of being in a bubble by myself is hard going. I hope you can hang on in there and walk this long road of recovery with me.

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

Citalopram for two weeks only May 2016  to June 2016, last AD taken and CT'd.

2012 to May 2016 Duloxitine 60mg. Doctor switched to Citalopram 20mg May 2016.

• Mentor

Bluebird, I know it all feels awful but remind yourself of this: your success rate for getting thru a rough time so far is 100%

you may not have liked it, who would?? but so far, your success rate is 100%

that means, you WILL get thru this.

try not to let the fear get the best of you. If you keep going back to how scared you are, you are actually going to make yourself MORE afraid

as hard as it is, find one thing, just one thing, that is GOOD right now. Something in your body that feels good, or something in your life. It could be as simple as something like, it's a cold day but I have the heat on so I am warm. (this is true for me here in New England)

that is a good thing, I can think about how grateful I am to have heat and be indoors out of the cold.

the more you focus on GOOD things, the easier it will be for you to keep focusing on good things, and the feelings of fear and distress, while still there in the background, at first, they will not take over anymore

the more you do this, focus on GOOD things, the more you will find yourself looking for good things, and those things will grow.

I know it may seem like a hard thing to do, but what do you have to lose? I promise you, if you do this as often as you think of it, you will start to feel a LOT better.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Hi Bluebird,

I can really relate to you on having been cut off from Prozac so abruptly and going through harsh WD after a CT. I also CT'd off Prozac after taking it for about a year in which I had an adverse reaction to a high dose (40mg) and I was not informed of a proper taper. My Dr told me to just wean off at 10mg for 2 weeks in September (I did it for a month instead) and then I'd be done. The WD hit me like a train in November 2016 and since then, I feel like I've gotten worse. I used to have the windows and waves pattern but not anymore. I am about 5.4 months out now and I am in one long wave that has lasted since last month. I'm sure I've gotten partial windows in between but I don't have anymore symptom-free days anymore. My symptoms are mainly physical too - chest tightness, mouth/throat/nose dryness and burning, teeth hurt, legs are 'electrified', pins + needles... everything. 

I pray we both can get through this together. Take it day by day, second by second.

My medication -- Prozac
August 2015: Started on 10mg/day
September 2015 to May 2016: Increased to 20mg/day
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)
August 2016: decreased back to 20mg
September 2016: tapered off 10mg this month alone
September 30, 2016: last day of Prozac
October 2016: month long window
November 2016-Present: WD symptoms (too many physical sxs and some mental sxs)
February 5-20, 2017: Reinstated at 1-2mg // February 21, 2017: Back to no meds

Thank you all, this is just a horrific time and I'm not handling it very well, the morning anxiety is truely horrific, it's good to talk to others who are suffering the same thing, waves12 we seem to be at the same stage in all of this so it will be good to compare. Catnapt you have a very good outlook on things and seem very positive, I think that's a lot of my problem I'm very negative due to fear, the fear inside is awful. Anongrl5590 the electrified sensations I have aswell and trying to get medical professionals to listen is very difficult, they say oh no that just anxiety but we all know are own bodies and the electric bolts in body most certainly is not anxiety. I wish Doctors where of more help. Thanks again all of you and take care.

• Administrator

Hello, Bluebird.

In withdrawal syndrome, symptoms come in waves, with windows when you feel much better. Please read 

What is withdrawal syndrome?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Any symptom pattern that lasts more than a few week is prolonged withdrawal syndrome. The label doesn't mean much. All but a very few doctors will deny that it exists.

Did you experience any unusual stresses before this wave of symptoms started? Did you take or stop any new drugs? Drink alcohol?

Many people find these supplements help their nervous systems heal

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

You are waking at 3 a.m. (a very common pattern) because your nervous system is hypersensitive to the normal hormonal changes that prepare you for waking. These are triggered by early morning light. To lessen these symptoms, put up blackout curtains or shades and use a sleep mask to block out the light. Read 

Reducing cortisol and waking with panic or anxiety

and other topics in

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

What is your current symptom pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms and when they occur, including the foods to which you seem to be reacting. You may wish to exclude those foods from your diet for a time.

Also see That acid reflux pill may be causing your health problems

Food sensitivities

Histamine food intolerance

As you'd been on lansoprazole for such a long time, when was the last time your vitamin B12 level was checked (along with methylmalonic acid and homocysteine blood tests)?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Altostrata, I'm very glad to hear from you. My period each month seems to put me into a wave as I become very stressed at this time and my mood becomes very low. I also had a sore gums and took prescription mouthwash and that made me very ill so a few things sitting it off. I have had my B12 checked and if is normal, haven't had the other thing done, what is it for? Thankyou

Altostrata do you know if the medication sensitivity is normal? It's not just one med in particular it is all meds and i become very unwell with weakness, lung pain severe pain under ribs, bowel pain and tingling in arms and legs and generally feel really ill. Will this pass in time. Thank you