Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009

2 hours ago, BAT said:

How are you doing Bluebird?

Did you have the biopsy done and get the results?

Yes Bat everything is good, biopsy clear but nodes still up, it must be whatever is going on in my body. Awful that a drug causes such suffering. Hope you are ok😊

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bluebird2009

• mammaP

• ChessieCat

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I hope you are all ok. I went to a EMDR therapist today who is very good in my country. He feels that EMDR can help with my hypersensitive system and we are starting next week. He feels my system is in such high alert the body won't tolerate meds, is this correct? Last week my stomach was very bad and I had to take lansoprazole for a week and I got more unwell as the week went on and had severe swallowing issues. It had taken 5 days since stopping medication for the swallow to return to normal and my head symptoms which is very low mood with taking any drug and intense fear to go away. Anyone tell me what's going on and also can EMDR be helpful. He says I have had repeated trauma throughout life and withdrawal has been another trauma and because I have worried so much the body is in a hyper arousal state. Thank you and any advice much appreciated.

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

My acupuncturist did some sort of massage on my neck and I feel has done something to my vagus nerve, I'm having major stomach issues and lack of appetite. Any advice 

• 8 months later...
On 9/20/2015 at 12:51 AM, Altostrata said:

Yes, you will recover, it may take a long time. You will need to support yourself in healing and not dwell on the fear and uncertainty.

Alto can I ask your opinion please. I was on the lethal prozac for 18years but had been having what I now know to be absent seizures for the last 4 yrs on and the first year off. Subsided now I think, I was doing not wonderful but dealing with it until I had a procedure 4 weeks ago and they gave me sedation which I told them small dose as I may react. Well to cut a story short I took severe head pain and numbness down the left side, the numbness has subsided but the headaches are severe, fatigue back and body stuck on high alert and now tolerating very little, no drugs and I had started to tolerate some in small dose, minimal food and severe stressed body and crying g again. Does this sound like permanent damage that I have or have I hope of recovery. I'm petrified as I feel so unwell again and head pain that I have never suffered before. I have eventually got a Doctor who believes a drug caused this and is trying to support me, he also said he believes in neurotoxcity but says many don't.I wld appreciate your advice please. 

• Administrator

What does "absent seizures" mean?

Did you have the pain down the left side and headaches before the procedure? Can these symptoms be related to the surgery? How are you sleeping?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What does "absent seizures" mean?

Did you have the pain down the left side and headaches before the procedure? Can these symptoms be related to the surgery? How are you sleeping?

Absent seizures are like when the you go into a daze and a senario goes through your mind and then you can't remember what you where thinking about. And a strange feeling through the body, it only lasts seconds. I didn't have surgery just an ODG of stomach to check all was ok. Nothing like this before procedure or before it was definitely brought on by the drug they gave me. Also it was only supposed to make me sleepy but I was out cold for an hour and they had trouble wakening me. This has been very different and set my nervous system into high alert. Poor sleep and don't sleep at all when I take my period this started when I stopped the meds, I used to sleep a lot while on meds.

6 minutes ago, Bluebird2009 said:

Absent seizures are like when the you go into a daze and a senario goes through your mind and then you can't remember what you where thinking about. And a strange feeling through the body, it only lasts seconds. I didn't have surgery just an ODG of stomach to check all was ok. Nothing like this before procedure or before it was definitely brought on by the drug they gave me. Also it was only supposed to make me sleepy but I was out cold for an hour and they had trouble wakening me. My head goes like this after any meds I take but usually only last a matter of hours. But this has been very different and set my nervous system into high alert.

A I don't tolerate any medication or supplements include intravenous now, do you think this will be permanent? It started 6months before stopping prozac but I was still able to take supplements and then when I came off completely I tolerate nothing. Is this brain damage or autonomic dysregulation?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bluebird, I am sorryto see  that you have reacted so badly to the sedative. I also have to be very, very careful what I take because I react to drugs and many supplements.  I am not a doctor but I do not believe this is permanent, your nervous system was disrupted before the procedure and it has thrown you into another wave of symptoms.  I once accidentally took a full 75mg dose of effexor after being off for some time. Can't remember how long I had been off but it affected me very badly and took 8 months to get back to where I was. Hopefully it will not take you so long but you will get there again.  Have you looked at monica's blog, beyondmeds?  Last year she took a drug after years of recovering and landed in the hospital with a massive reaction. She was in intensive care but is recovering now. It happens to many of us and sometimes it is necessary to have procedures etc, but the effects do usually lessen in time. I want to say that with absolute certainty but I am not a doctor.  Try not to panic, take good care of yourself  don't fight it. Let it wash over you and let your body heal itself.  Your brain and nervous system are remarkable and are working hard to regain homeostasis, you will get there I am sure of it. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

@mammaP- could you point me to Monica’s post? I would

love to read her story 

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Vonnegutjunky said:

@mammaP- could you point me to Monica’s post? I would

love to read her story 

This is Monica's blog. She still posts here occasionally but mostly on her blog. 

https://beyondmeds.com/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

3 hours ago, mammaP said:

Hi Bluebird, I am sorryto see  that you have reacted so badly to the sedative. I also have to be very, very careful what I take because I react to drugs and many supplements.  I am not a doctor but I do not believe this is permanent, your nervous system was disrupted before the procedure and it has thrown you into another wave of symptoms.  I once accidentally took a full 75mg dose of effexor after being off for some time. Can't remember how long I had been off but it affected me very badly and took 8 months to get back to where I was. Hopefully it will not take you so long but you will get there again.  Have you looked at monica's blog, beyondmeds?  Last year she took a drug after years of recovering and landed in the hospital with a massive reaction. She was in intensive care but is recovering now. It happens to many of us and sometimes it is necessary to have procedures etc, but the effects do usually lessen in time. I want to say that with absolute certainty but I am not a doctor.  Try not to panic, take good care of yourself  don't fight it. Let it wash over you and let your body heal itself.  Your brain and nervous system are remarkable and are working hard to regain homeostasis, you will get there I am sure of it. 

Thank you mamma p I just can't cope with the fear of not being able to except treatment for things and it's a real worry. But I do hope in the future that things ease to a degree. I didn't realise the beyond meds lady was in hospital, how does that work out with treatment as surely the hospital wld try more drugs to reverse reaction. It's the not being believed that causes me the most problems as he medical profession here just dismiss reactions and say this can't happen🙁

• Administrator

Were these "absence seizures" diagnosed with a test or are you saying this is what they feel like?

Most people who have prolonged withdrawal syndrome here have hypersensitivity to drugs. If you've reacted to a drug used during the procedure, it will take time for your nervous system to settle down.

How are you sleeping?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

57 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Were these "absence seizures" diagnosed with a test or are you saying this is what they feel like?

Most people who have prolonged withdrawal syndrome here have hypersensitivity to drugs. If you've reacted to a drug used during the procedure, it will take time for your nervous system to settle down.

How are you sleeping?

Not sleeping very well and haven't been for a while. Consultant told me he felt the symptoms sounded like absent seizures but no test. Anytime I try to take anything I have bent in two head pain which feels like brain damage. Any idea if it will heal? I'm 2 years drug free now and have never been right but this sedation really ramped up symptoms. Thank you for any advice as I'm petrified 

• Administrator

"Absence seizures" can be confirmed with a test. You should insist on a test to rule out or confirm that diagnosis. It could be quite important.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:54 AM, Bluebird2009 said:

Anytime I try to take anything I have bent in two head pain which feels like brain damage.

What have you tried to take?

When you don't try drugs, Is the head pain constant or occasional?

You might take a look at this One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

Lamotrigine is an anti-seizure drug. It can reduce post-discontinuation syndrome and calm the nervous system when it's upset from other drugs. Please read those topics carefully, only a very small dose is called for.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

"Absence seizures" can be confirmed with a test. You should insist on a test to rule out or confirm that diagnosis. It could be quite important.

What have you tried to take?

When you don't try drugs, Is the head pain constant or occasional?

You might take a look at this One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

Lamotrigine is an anti-seizure drug. It can reduce post-discontinuation syndrome and calm the nervous system when it's upset from other drugs. Please read those topics carefully, only a very small dose is called for.

What sort of test? They are. Atefil with testing as I react to any dye that is put in, sedation, antibiotics, supplements absolutely everything it is very strange even vitamin c tablet. I'm going for nerve conduction study next week, I can't have a spect scan due to dye. My headaches had all stopped and no more absent seizures a year ago but then I had sedation 3 weeks ago and went numb done my left side and excruciating headaches and have been suffering since but they are starting to not be as bad now. I can now and again take a lorazepam when things are bad but then I'm very anxious the next day my nervous system is in high alert. I have had an MRI brain scan and it is normal. What test wld I need.  Thank  you 

1 hour ago, Bluebird2009 said:

What sort of test? They are. Atefil with testing as I react to any dye that is put in, sedation, antibiotics, supplements absolutely everything it is very strange even vitamin c tablet. I'm going for nerve conduction study next week, I can't have a spect scan due to dye. My headaches had all stopped and no more absent seizures a year ago but then I had sedation 3 weeks ago and went numb done my left side and excruciating headaches and have been suffering since but they are starting to not be as bad now. I can now and again take a lorazepam when things are bad but then I'm very anxious the next day my nervous system is in high alert. I have had an MRI brain scan and it is normal. What test wld I need.  Thank  you 

Sorry the first line is they are very careful with testing as I react so badly to things. The sedation has set my headaches crazy I have been headache and absent seizure free since July unless I took a medication then I had headache for a matter of hours and then it settled

• Moderator Emeritus

A google search easily found this:

You may have absence seizures repeatedly for years before heading to the doctor for a diagnosis. You may have “staring spells” without thinking of them as a medical problem or a seizure. An EEG is a test most often used to diagnose absence seizures.

And this:

Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method to record electrical activity of the brain. It is typically noninvasive, with the electrodes placed along the scalp, although invasive electrodes are sometimes used such as in electrocorticography.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

A google search easily found this:

You may have absence seizures repeatedly for years before heading to the doctor for a diagnosis. You may have “staring spells” without thinking of them as a medical problem or a seizure. An EEG is a test most often used to diagnose absence seizures.

And this:

Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method to record electrical activity of the brain. It is typically noninvasive, with the electrodes placed along the scalp, although invasive electrodes are sometimes used such as in electrocorticography.

Would these seizures cause the body not to tolerate any medication? Or is that more from withdrawal? I really am binging tonthink I have permanent damage as no one seems to have the medication intolerance as bad as I do and even smells of things make me unwell

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 4:04 PM, mammaP said:

Thank you mamma p I just can't cope with the fear of not being able to except treatment for things and it's a real worry. But I do hope in the future that things ease to a degree. I didn't realise the beyond meds lady was in hospital, how does that work out with treatment as surely the hospital wld try more drugs to reverse reaction. It's the not being believed

Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping ok. I just want to let people know that I think I'm slowly recovering from withdrawal or what ever it is I have been suffering from. I am starting to tolerate some supplements again and my morning anxiety has stopped! My sleep is getting better and I'm able to dose during the day now aswell. Very low during my period but get back up again. I finally can see light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of symptoms still there but a lot of improvements. Maybe this can help to give others some hope as I really felt I had permanent damage. Take care all x

• Moderator Emeritus

That is great news, Bluebird.  Very encouraging.  Thanks for checking in.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

That is wonderful news, Bluebird!  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

On 9/8/2018 at 12:37 AM, wantrelief said:

That is wonderful news, Bluebird!  

I think I spoke too soon, I'm tolerating things as in I'm not having pain in my liver anymore or feeling as fatigued but I have been taking omeprazole and a probiotic now for 5 days and I have came out cover in itchy rash on legs and arms so I'm not tolerating🙁 I have been told I'm reacting to things due to my body being so stressed but I'm stressed because I can't tolerate  can anyone tell me is this me that is the problem rather than a drug I was on? If I persevered with another antidepressant would this all go away? My anxiety during the day is horrific and I'm so stressed I now have severe gastritis and really need omeprazole to heal it but I'm frightened again. Help needed 

Can anyone tell me are swollen lymph nodes part of withdrawal? I have nodes underarms, groins and neck, had groin biopsy and normal but they can't tell me why they are up. Any help please 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please Google "Surviving Antidepressants swollen lymph nodes."  Undercut apparently had swollen lymph nodes as part of withdrawal.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Please Google "Surviving Antidepressants swollen lymph nodes."  Undercut apparently had swollen lymph nodes as part of withdrawal.  

Thank you, this has came on very suddenly and also extreme fatigue.  Getting tested for addisons, not sure if withdrawal or what it is. 

I have a swollen lymph node in my neck ,and I have a friend in the CT benzo community with one too .

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 2:34 AM, Bluebird2009 said:

Can anyone tell me are swollen lymph nodes part of withdrawal? I have nodes underarms, groins and neck, had groin biopsy and normal but they can't tell me why they are up. Any help please 

I have swollen lymph nodes and always am more fatigued when they are out. Whenever i try to push it with treatments - say antibiotics, LDN, potent herbal formulas, basically anything that gets my immune system working - kicks my lymph nodes into gear, I’m also pretty constipated and congested and so those systems work together. Not sure if you’re having these issues but if you’re hypersensitive I’m sure we have the same issues. I’m so sorry, this is really unsettling. 

Rachel - 1998-2012 Prozac 20mg

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Sept 17 Remeron 15mg, March ‘18 7.5mg

Jan 31 - Feb 13 1/4 - 1mg Ativan

Jan 31 - feb 5 - 2mg Prozac, 4mg feb 7

feb 10 - 10mg rem, Feb 27 - 7.5mg rem

Feb 27 - March 6th - 5mg Baclofen 

March 12th - Keppra 250mg

March 24 - 30mg phenobarbital 

Hey Bluebird, I live in NI too so hello! Good to know there's someone close by who can relate, you aren't alone. I'm weaning Prozac as well, and by the sounds of it, it's no wonder you are crazy sensitive. 18 years is a long time and to stop that fast is going to really whack your nervous system. Plus, on the scale of things you are still in 'normal' withdrawal timeframe...2 years is not a long time after a CT, although it may feel like a lifetime. The good side of this is that you may be able to expect gradual healing going forward. You've already noticed things getting better, then worse again. That seems to be the norm. It's definitely not a linear process.

What is your diet like? My digestion also packed in when I jumped off the last 20mg too fast. 6 months later my stomach was a mess and I couldn't tolerate loads of things. Thankfully, after sticking to a STRICT paleo diet, my physical health and digestion is better than it has been in years (weird, as my mental health is at it's worst lol) - it's basically no grains, no wheat, no sugar, no dairy. Just mainly veg based meals and veg, and eventually added back in fruit, honey, some oats etc. Absolutely no packaged or processed foods. I can now get away with the odd cheat now and again, but it took several months of strict diet to get to that.

Think of your hypersensitivity as a really alert sensing device - that's essentially what your brain is anyway. You are tuned in to loads of different frequencies and struggling to absorb/process it all, the system backs up and tenses and thrashes about trying to control everything. The best way to deal with this is to accept, accept, accept what is happening. Pull out your rational voice and remind yourself that you are not in physical danger (even though it may feel that way). Repeat it often, forget about the future, or next week, or where you'll be in a month or year's time. None of that even exists yet, it's only now that you can lay the foundations to create something ahead of you. Try to bring your focus back to now, always. Even if it's minute by minute, breathing and say 'ok' to all the fear, tension, anxiety and agitation. Even on a scientific basis, nature constantly seeks balance and resolution. By your very nature, your body and brain want to heal. So you've got that on your side.

Hope you're having some relief, however small. Take care x

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis

2 hours ago, AbbyElfie said:

Hey Bluebird, I live in NI too so hello! Good to know there's someone close by who can relate, you aren't alone. I'm weaning Prozac as well, and by the sounds of it, it's no wonder you are crazy sensitive. 18 years is a long time and to stop that fast is going to really whack your nervous system. Plus, on the scale of things you are still in 'normal' withdrawal timeframe...2 years is not a long time after a CT, although it may feel like a lifetime. The good side of this is that you may be able to expect gradual healing going forward. You've already noticed things getting better, then worse again. That seems to be the norm. It's definitely not a linear process.

What is your diet like? My digestion also packed in when I jumped off the last 20mg too fast. 6 months later my stomach was a mess and I couldn't tolerate loads of things. Thankfully, after sticking to a STRICT paleo diet, my physical health and digestion is better than it has been in years (weird, as my mental health is at it's worst lol) - it's basically no grains, no wheat, no sugar, no dairy. Just mainly veg based meals and veg, and eventually added back in fruit, honey, some oats etc. Absolutely no packaged or processed foods. I can now get away with the odd cheat now and again, but it took several months of strict diet to get to that.

Think of your hypersensitivity as a really alert sensing device - that's essentially what your brain is anyway. You are tuned in to loads of different frequencies and struggling to absorb/process it all, the system backs up and tenses and thrashes about trying to control everything. The best way to deal with this is to accept, accept, accept what is happening. Pull out your rational voice and remind yourself that you are not in physical danger (even though it may feel that way). Repeat it often, forget about the future, or next week, or where you'll be in a month or year's time. None of that even exists yet, it's only now that you can lay the foundations to create something ahead of you. Try to bring your focus back to now, always. Even if it's minute by minute, breathing and say 'ok' to all the fear, tension, anxiety and agitation. Even on a scientific basis, nature constantly seeks balance and resolution. By your very nature, your body and brain want to heal. So you've got that on your side.

Hope you're having some relief, however small. Take care x

Hi thank you for you help. I was doing well but I had alot of stress and alsonsomr reActions to things I was trying and now I am worse than ever I can cope

wirh anything and going into a shop is putting my system mad. I'm worried as I feeel depression is setting in as I'm frightened of taking something and not tolerating treatment. Big mistake stopping this medication but I was starting to be sensitive to meds and chemicals on it and also liver pain so maybe it wld have gotten worse. Mentally unwell and not coping. Take care 

I'm sorry you're struggling. As you say, it's likely you were heading towards hypersensitivity anyway, your body was telling you it wasn't tolerating the meds anymore. So you did the best you could in that situation, and you can get through this. One small step at a time. 

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis

Can I ask can anyone advise me on hypnosis. Good idea or bad? My system is in complete overdrive again worse than ever I wld say. Don't know if it's stress that's caused it or what but in a bad way. Have been having reflexology for a year with no issues but had it this morning and my nervous system and brain are in chaos. Advice needed and also alto I wld appreciate your opinion in hypnosis. Thank you all

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm having a rough ish time at the moment which I feel is prob hormone imbalance from stress. I am starting to tolerate meds and supplements again without nasty side effect but system in overdrive.

cld this be because of taking things and even though I don't have nasty reactions it maybe too much. I have had a few infections and had to have iv antibiotics so a lot going on. Dr feels I'm also in perimemopause and that a progesterone/ estrogen patch will help.

im a bit wary but at the same time need something as I'm not functioning well at the moment. Any advice appreciated, thank you

• 2 months later...

Topic title:  Tried new med and now feel awful

Hi I’m not sure if I’m writing in the correct place so if I’m not can a moderator please move this. I have done something very foolish, I started to tolerate some things in small doses, and my anxiety has been very bad so my Gp wanted me to try small dose of  Mirtazepine, which I did. Two 7.5mg doses which eased my morning wakening anxiety but has given me jittery body, extreme low mood, severe head pain and can’t tolerate the smell of food and feel really awful. I know it was a stupid thing to do but I’m desperate to be well. I really feel I have damage and fear this is permanent I’m now 36months  of Prozac and surely I shld be well recovered by now. I wld like an honest opinion on whether this looks like permanent damage. All replies appreciated. Thank you

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

1 hour ago, Bluebird2009 said:

Hi I’m not sure if I’m writing in the correct place so if I’m not can a moderator please move this. I have done something very foolish, I started to tolerate some things in small doses, and my anxiety has been very bad so my Gp wanted me to try small dose of  Mirtazepine, which I did. Two 7.5mg doses which eased my morning wakening anxiety but has given me jittery body, extreme low mood, severe head pain and can’t tolerate the smell of food and feel really awful. I know it was a stupid thing to do but I’m desperate to be well. I really feel I have damage and fear this is permanent I’m now 36months  of Prozac and surely I shld be well recovered by now. I wld like an honest opinion on whether this looks like permanent damage. All replies appreciated. Thank you

Can an administrator please remove this please as I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to start a topic. Apologies 

• 9 months later...

Hi Can anyone help me, I was doing so so for a while there but had extreme stress and also have an awful hormone imbalance. I feel my system has went into and awful overdrive worse than I have ever had before and I am reacting to everything again but worse. Terrible headaches. I had started to go on a PEMF healing bed and not sure if this so the problem or just extreme stress overload. Will I ever recover? Thank you