SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

UK Drug Regulator Sends Out PSSD Letter (TAKE ACTION)

fema4psychiatrists

"Dear Mr (removed),

Yellow Card Registration Number: (removed)

Thank you for sending us a suspected Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) report.

It would be helpful if you could provide us with some additional details if they are available by email (yellow.card@mhra.gsi.gov.uk or by letter (Freepost Yellow Card). Please quote the above reference number with all correspondence.

We appreciate that you may have submitted this report some time ago but by way of background, I should explain that we are currently investigating all Yellow Card (YC) reports where sexual dysfunction has been reported in association with a type of antidepressant drug called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).

This issue remains under close surveillance and we are keen to gather as much information as we can about each reported incident. In particular it would be useful if you could provide the following additional information to shed further light on this issue:

- Have you recovered from sexual dysfunction or is it still continuing?
- If you recovered could you indicate whether it stopped before, on stopping or after the Sertraline was stopped. If you remember please provide the date on which the reaction stopped or roughly indicate how long it took for you to recover?
- If you have not recovered yet but do in the future could you inform us so that our records are up to date?
- Do you have any previous history of sexual dysfunction?

If you are worried about the suspected side effect, and need medical advice, please contact a doctor or pharmacist, or call the NHS 111 service.

Your contribution to the UK’s Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Scheme is greatly appreciated. This provides an important early warning of previously unrecognised adverse effects which allows us to take appropriate action to improve the safe use of medicines.

Yours sincerely

(removed name)
Vigilance and Risk Management of Medicines"

If you Haven't reported continual sexual adverse harms NOW is the time to do it!

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

Are you saying a pssd letter is being sent out to everyone filing a yellow card or just you?

If it is a standard letter to all do you have a link to a website that is going public with this ?

I find the 'please contact your doctor' to be useless advice. It will just result in a dismissive unacknowledged response.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I believe it has been emailed to everybody that has reported antidepressant sexual dysfunction.

"We appreciate that you may have submitted this report some time ago but by way of background, I should explain that we are currently investigating all Yellow Card (YC) reports where sexual dysfunction has been reported in association with a type of antidepressant drug called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).

This issue remains under close surveillance and we are keen to gather as much information as we can about each reported incident. In particular it would be useful if you could provide the following additional information to shed further light on this issue:

- Have you recovered from sexual dysfunction or is it still continuing?"

We need to respond in numbers, this is a chance for recognition that PSSD actually exists. I believe this step is often the pre-cursor to dodgy drugs being removed from the market. Either way we should not pass up the opportunity to respond in the right numbers.

They simply want an simple email response to the 4 questions. one of them being is the sexual dysfunction still continuing. 

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

Well hopefully the sleeping giant regulator is now waking up.

Are you able to advise of the date of the email.

I might bring this to the attention of a few down this way.

I wonder when this 'currently investigating' began?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Well hopefully the sleeping giant regulator is now waking up.

Are you able to advise of the date of the email.

I might bring this to the attention of a few down this way.

I wonder when this 'currently investigating' began?

It was sent on February the 23rd by 

Julia Cowen

Vigilance and Risk Management of Medicines

Feb 23 (2 days ago)

Yes it is a very late "early warning system". 68 odd million people on antidepressants 30 years later

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

• Administrator

!!!!!!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

fem i assume that you were on sertraline right? You havent put it in your drug sig that could be helpful.

Just posted a copy of this standard letter to our nations centre for adverse reactions management. 

thanks for the info.

Recovering paxil addict