ZayKayWill

People really have permanent sexual dysfunction after taking SSRIs? Really?

ZayKayWill

I've never taken SSRIs personally, but apparently there are some people that experience PSSD and it NEVER goes away.  I just don't get it.  Why do doctors even allow this stuff to be prescribed if it does something like that?  If that happened to me I seriously don't think I would be able to live like that...that just sounds awful.  The fact that that's even a thing makes me so mad...

Spruce30

I have had PSSD for over 8 years. I think about killing myself a lot. No doctors will believe me. I have numb genitals, pleasureless orgasms, and no sex drive whatsoever. It is a living nightmare. I have complained about this problem to over 15 doctors over an 8 year perioid, and only one believed me, as he had some ex patients who also suffered PSSD. But when i pressed the issue about PSSD he got nasty and didnt want to talk about it. Doctors dont like talking about it. I have been left to rot. I am very angry.

Futurerecovery

Yes, it can persist forever. I took an SSRI just for a few days 2 years ago and suffer from the Pssd syndrome. Often the PSSD syndrome also causes that the brain is not able to evoke feelings anymore. Many people who hear this the first time think that it's just depression because they can not imagine such a cruel condition and they don't WANT to believe it.

Happy2Heal

sexual issues from SSRIs is a well known side effect, they are given to sex offenders in prison as part of their rehab (they have the option to take them or not)

any dr who claims it's not an issue is either an idiot or is lying

ZayKayWill

If that's really the case I don't see why the FDA or w/e would allow doctors to prescribe these things.  Doesn't seem the least bit ethical.  Doctors are literally letting peoples lives be ruined by this crap...seriously...

Theon

Ssri can make you unable to feel romantic love and can leave you completely asexual. It happened to me. And it is a persistent problem, but it is better to just move on because you can get depressed or obsessed with it... better accept it and move on.

fema4psychiatrists

If that's really the case I don't see why the FDA or w/e would allow doctors to prescribe these things.  Doesn't seem the least bit ethical.  Doctors are literally letting peoples lives be ruined by this crap...seriously...

Yes I would consider another being r*ping my life away unethical. Doctors get their mortgages paid, in fact many a mortgage has been paid.

The emotional brain damage alongside the sexual damage is yes it is. It is grossly unfair, I wish my life back so badly everyday to the point I wish I was dead everyday but more importantly I just want my life back everyday.

It is permanent brain damage, sexual r*pe for life. 

It has been about 7 years now for me. It is not going to heal. The sexual interference's with 'antidepressants' and other psych drugs have been well documented since at least the 1960's.

Possessing another human beings sexuality for any belief or money is a grave human rights abuse.  

PS: google Eunuch 

nz11

Make no mistake about it for some of us these horrific chemicals vapourize the urge to merge.

To do that to a person is beyond a crime.

ZayKayWill

I have had PSSD for over 8 years. I think about killing myself a lot. No doctors will believe me. I have numb genitals, pleasureless orgasms, and no sex drive whatsoever. It is a living nightmare. I have complained about this problem to over 15 doctors over an 8 year perioid, and only one believed me, as he had some ex patients who also suffered PSSD. But when i pressed the issue about PSSD he got nasty and didnt want to talk about it. Doctors dont like talking about it. I have been left to rot. I am very angry.

DIdn't someone link to a phone number to call the FDA?  If I was you I would file a complaint.  I know you're from the UK but seriously this is not ok.

ZayKayWill

Bro I would watch this video if I were you.  Skip to the 7 minute mark.  There are people who apparently have had this for 18 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otDNcJg5H1c

Bobo32

Anyone experience soft glans syndrome as pssd ? Did you ever recover? I'm 2 weeks off ssris and I have this symptom

Thanks

btdt

is 9 years permanent?  if so then yes op question answered

freakZ0ne

I'm wondering if there have been any class-action lawsuits brought against makers of SSRI's. You'd think that some enterprising law firm would see merit and $$$ in such a suit. I'm yet another PSSD casualty whose sex organs are pretty much useless after 13 years on Paxil. It's sickening to think how many suffer from this pharmaceutical castration.