Looking4peace: My difficult journey getting off Effexor XR

Looking4peace

On 1.9.2017 at 1:01 PM, KT38 said:

I have this and I'm over 2 yrs off. The second you wake up you can't find a good thought, sometimes for the whole day and it is so distressing you feel you need to go to the hospital because your brain is really broken.  I also have internal akathisia which is relentless so I'm fighting my brain and nervous system at the same time as well as the death of my little girl.  Some days I do better, but after I had carbocaine on the 7th some really scary things have happened to my cns and brain and I've gotten worse. I'm hoping it's just a bad wave and not the carbocaine.  I pray things get easier for you soon.

KT, I had also huge problems with Carbocaine. I was suicidal for month, had a lot of a derealization, intrusive thoughts everywhere. It was scary. If it didnt go away, I wouldnt have endured it. Today I can say it loud, but if it didnt go away I was sure sooner or later to make suicide.

But after one month, when the carbocaine went away, my brain came back to me as normal.

I was so thankful. Now I wish that the intrusive thoughts disappear, but they are still here.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hello, 

first off I'm really sorry that you guys are also going through this. I very stupidly quit Lexapro cold turkey in June of 2016. About 6 weeks later I woke up and I had completely lost feelings for my boyfriend who I was so so in love with. It's been 14 months and somedays I feel that things are getting better, but somedays are still hell on earth. I'm so scared that this withdrawal will never go away. I wanna be me again so bad. 

Best of luck to everyone on here! <3

End of August 2015 was put on 10mg Lexapro for anxiety.

Quit cold turkey in June 2016.

Reinstated 5 mg of Lexapro November 2016. I took 5 mg for 3 months and I tapered 10% every month with a few holds in between. I made the drop to 0 September 2018 and I've been completely off meds for a month. 

Two years off Effexor currently experiencing a real bad setback in w/d symptoms as well. To be honest it's never been that bad. May have been triggered by a month of experimenting with SJW (stupid! don't do this!) My sleep has never been that bad since I tapered and akathisia is driving me nuts. I get panic attacks that can stretch over hours on end. Trying my best to believe it signifies that something good is happening, advancing, healing. Hang tight

2008 Cipralex

2009-2012 150mg Effexor

2013 60mg Cymbalta

MID 2013-2015 75mg Effexor

LATE 2017 1 MONTH SJW

On 30.8.2017 at 6:26 PM, Looking4peace said:

As soon as I wake up every morning, the checklist of worry begins and the knot in my chest and stomach starts to form it's tight pressure mass. 

As we all know allot of the symptoms when quiting the medicine is psychological and I think this sentence says allot. 

One of the best ways you can try to recover from this and get better and stay better is to work on your thought as hard as it is. Find some distraction and try to not pay attention to the negative, anxious and depressive thought. Its so easy to say this I know myself. But the days were I feel the best is when I have allot to do and something to fill my day with. As soon as I get home and nothing but my own thoughts all the symptoms come back, some days I can be better and some days I can not. Try to always have hope and think and really believe that tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope this helps

OnlyRun

Thanks for the great advice!

I will continue to try,

some days are better than others.

i have worn this negative path so deep, it has become my way of life. Negativity has consumed me.

But I will continue to try!

thank you for taking the time to offer your great advice and support

2001-Started Effexor XR (15 Years on Drug) April 1, 2016- 150 mg Effexor XR discontinued 

Started with 150 Mg-Dropped to 75 Mg after 3 weeks I then dropped to 37.5 Mg,4 weeks later I dropped off the medicine entirely.

Did not find out about weaning until too late. (This was the protocol from my general practitioner)

Symptoms of withdrawal are so severe I tried to reinstate Prozac, 9 months after discontinuing Effexor XR

February 15th, 2017-Started Prozac 10mg 

February 22, 2017 -upped to 20mg one week later (no relief)  Symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome - (OCD, Anxiety, Depression)

March 1st, 2017-Discontinued Prozac (Psychiatrist wanted to increase dose to 40 mg)

Currently on no medications / Currently dealing with Major Windows and Waves

Supplements: Magnesium, Cod Liver Oil, EM-1 probiotic, Restore teaspoon 3x daily,

Will begin to eliminate the following supplements 7/7/2017

vitamin D 10,000 mg, NAC 600 mg, Zinc 50 mg, Inositol 600mg x 4, B-12, Vitamin C 500 mg, GABA 500 mg, Ashwagandha

• 1 month later...

Hey man I hope your okay, if your pain is strong and it's long lasting please look out for yourself. A I just got into only one month of withdarawal and my energy is drained from the stress and constant worrying. I'm not even that old but I'l need time to recover it takes a toll. If I had continued to put myself through it for another month I might have been in the hospital or something.

If negativity has really consumed you go do something about it don't sit and endure it, you'l just get exhausted. I just did that for 30 days it was negativity and suffering non stop but you gotta take care of yourself and take actions if needed. Pain and suffering are not what define you as a living creature and change is good. Movement and change are key parts of life, listen to me. If you grind on one stop and on one feeling and one experience wihouth even chaning from it your gonna sink deep. There has to be some kind of motion/movement in your life leading you away not just sticking and being defined by one thing. Thats why exerice is given as an example because exrice is actually you moving your body not being in a still postion. The same way there has to be a movement with your suffering you can't just sit and endure. You have to move and a flow must exist so you can change and adapt. Thats what I think life is anyway.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenty

Stimulaton 50mg 28.11.2008 - 01.11.2011

PAXIL (Xetanor) 40mg;  30.11.2011 - 19.09.2017

Tapered : 19.09.2017 - 29.09.2017 20mg

Tapered : 30.09.2017 - 10.10.2017 5mg 

Reinstated : 03.11.2017;  5mg

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

Thanks Krasyian,

oh I have been moving and everything else under the sun to try and break the hold it has on me. I have not yet succeeded in beating withdrawal or coming to terms with the pain it has caused.

If you have something for me to try, I would love to hear a suggestion.

thank you for your reply

2001-Started Effexor XR (15 Years on Drug) April 1, 2016- 150 mg Effexor XR discontinued 

Started with 150 Mg-Dropped to 75 Mg after 3 weeks I then dropped to 37.5 Mg,4 weeks later I dropped off the medicine entirely.

Did not find out about weaning until too late. (This was the protocol from my general practitioner)

Symptoms of withdrawal are so severe I tried to reinstate Prozac, 9 months after discontinuing Effexor XR

February 22, 2017 -upped to 20mg one week later (no relief)  Symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome - (OCD, Anxiety, Depression)

March 1st, 2017-Discontinued Prozac (Psychiatrist wanted to increase dose to 40 mg)

Supplements: Magnesium, Cod Liver Oil, EM-1 probiotic, Restore teaspoon 3x daily,

vitamin D 10,000 mg, NAC 600 mg, Zinc 50 mg, Inositol 600mg x 4, B-12, Vitamin C 500 mg, GABA 500 mg, Ashwagandha

I would like to believe that time will heal all our problems, under the right conditions ofcourse. Exercise; healthy eating; sleeping enough; and just not worrying about every little thing would probably greatly help. Having peace; something I never did have when I started my taper last month, I was always in a state of worry and obession so ofcourse I would not feel good? I am very curious to see how bad I would have felt If I had not worried so much over every little thing that I felt, even if I did taper too fast. Maybe just the state of mind can make you sick?

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

State of mind is the hardest part. Worry is destroying me! You are right, big or little, the reactions are the same. I obsess about it and ruminate on it to no end, with no conclusion, just more worry.

just wish I knew how much longer or if this is forever!?

Just take it slow, relax, and feel how good it can be. For me the moment I relax my body and take a deep breath is when my mind calms down. You cant just resist the natural comfort that comes with taking things slow and relaxing yourself. Everything in our lives is so fast paced that it's no surprise people burn out. The moment you give your cells and body time to slow down to take a deep breath you can't help but feel better no matter how bad things might seem. I'm sure we all need a good rest and then our bad sensations will go away. If you notice your going to fast just take it slower and slower until you feel comfortable.

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg