JamesMoore

Let's Talk Withdrawal, a new weekly podcast on antidepressants

powerback

Just listened to you james on peters podcast ,brilliant ,Fair play to you ,what a progression from march untill now ,kudos to you .

Make sure your geting your down time and rest aswell .

Total respect .

PB

JamesMoore

Hi powerback, thank you so much, I'm very grateful for all the support and encouragement that you and others on SA have given me and I wanted to make sure that Dr Breggin's listeners knew about the incredible support that goes on here. Thank you for all your feedback, I hope you are doing ok. J

SummerRain

Hi James, just wanted to say I agree it was a great interview and thank you for all your work in this area, I am sure you are helping countless people. Also, am I correct in understanding that Peter Breggin had not heard of this site before he interviewed you (that was my impression from what he was saying)? If so, I am stunned and it just goes to show how much we all need to promote the site as much as we can!

powerback
1 hour ago, SummerRain said:

Hi James, just wanted to say I agree it was a great interview and thank you for all your work in this area, I am sure you are helping countless people. Also, am I correct in understanding that Peter Breggin had not heard of this site before he interviewed you (that was my impression from what he was saying)? If so, I am stunned and it just goes to show how much we all need to promote the site as much as we can!

I agree SR,I mentioned the site in a consultation with a counceling service today as my main suport network and the irony was the lady said go to your doctor .the circle never ends .I told the lady the meds have me the way I am.you can be guaranteed they dont have anyone like me in there .I was glad to say my peice .

PB

apace41

James,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know I continue to be impressed and appreciative of the work you are doing with the podcast. It has been consistently very good.  Yours is becoming one of the valued voices in this reform movement space.

Have you considered interviewing Jocelyn Pedersen who is doing work on youtube under the name Benzo Brain?  She also spoke on the MIA continuing education series on withdrawal from meds.  I think she would be a great interview.

Best,

Andy

JamesMoore

Hi Andy, thanks so much for your feedback, it’s very important to me to try and raise awareness of these issues and also the podcast is part of my ‘recovery journey’ too. Great suggestion about Jocelyn, she is an excellent campaigner and knowledgable too. I did actually interview Jocelyn for an episode of the podcast that I put together for World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day, it’s not obvious because I also interview Professor Malcolm Lader and Barry Haslam in the same episode so it’s a bit of an epic!. If you did want to listen, it can be found here: 

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/07/episode-3-world-benzodiazepine-awareness-day/

Thanks so much Andy, I’m so grateful for your feedback and support too.

Best wishes to you, James

JamesMoore

Hi SummerRain

Thank you so much for listening in to the interview (I was very nervous doing ‘live’ radio 😬). You’re right, Dr Breggin hadn’t heard of this amazing website before, but I hope now he has had chance to see the incredible support provided and to appreciate how many find this site literally a lifeline, I know I appreciate that very much. Thanks so much for taking the time to write. Best wishes. James

gigi63

Hi James. I just want you to know that I listened to your interview with Dr Breggin. The whole interview was such a blessing to me. It was so informative and I really appreciated your kind and sensitive and honest person.  I would like to become more involved. Please tell me how I might best do this.  Thank you. Gigi. 

ChessieCat

I've added the link to this video in Post #1 of this topic:

Kristine

Hi James,  I just wanted to thank you for all the work you do and your wonderful podcasts.  I came across "let's talk withdrawal" when I was trying to find information about withdrawal, when my psychiatrist was ignorantly unable.  I was very frightened, alone and angry at this time (still angry) ....I would listen to your podcasts every night when I was plagued by insomnia due to w/d and psychotropic drug interaction.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Your efforts brought me a little peace where there was none.  Kindest Wishes,  Kristine 🌻

JamesMoore

Hi all

@ChessieCat , thank you so much for posting the video, it was only a short piece but so rare to get any discussion of this. I am very grateful for your support.

@Kristine Thank you so much for your lovely message, this is exactly the reason I wanted to do the podcast because I felt so isolated myself, I love to get feedback, but it is also painful to know how many are struggling out there with little 'official' support, thank goodness for Surviving Antidepressants. Kristine, your feedback is so helpful, I won't identify you, but could I use a quote from your feedback to share on Twitter? No one will know it's from you but it will help others, no worries if you are not comfortable. Best wishes to you.

Kristine
45 minutes ago, JamesMoore said:

Kristine, Thank you so much for your lovely message, this is exactly the reason I wanted to do the podcast because I felt so isolated myself, I love to get feedback, but it is also painful to know how many are struggling out there with little 'official' support, thank goodness for Surviving Antidepressants. Kristine, your feedback is so helpful, I won't identify you, but could I use a quote from your feedback to share on Twitter? No one will know it's from you but it will help others, no worries if you are not comfortable. Best wishes to you.

Hi James, Yes, of course you can quote my feedback.  Anything to help others through this atrocity.  Best Wishes. Kristine :)

JamesMoore
1 minute ago, Kristine said:

Hi James, Yes, of course you can quote my feedback.  Anything to help others through this atrocity.  Best Wishes. Kristine 

Thank you so much Kristine, that's very kind of you 🙂

bubbles

James, I've been listening to your podcasts. I'm very impressed, and you've found some great people to interview.

Well done!

JamesMoore
On 4/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, bubbles said:

James, I've been listening to your podcasts. I'm very impressed, and you've found some great people to interview.

Well done!

Hi bubbles, thank you so much for listening and for your feedback too, I feel very honoured to have been able to interview so many people, both experts and people withdrawing too, I have learned a lot and I am so grateful for feedback, this issue should get so much more time in the media thank it does.

bubbles

Have you switched your podcast to the Mad in America one, or does the original still exist as such? I've been listening to that too.

JamesMoore
Just now, bubbles said:

Have you switched your podcast to the Mad in America one, or does the original still exist as such? I've been listening to that too.

Hi there, yes Let's Talk Withdrawal has now become the Mad in America podcast, but both are available to hear separately on Mad in America:

https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-radio-landing/mia-podcast/

https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-radio-landing/ltw/