SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

Aeroman when did you finally rid yourself of the DP/DR?  I realize that at 3 years 10 months out that they are both still with me.  When I shower I realize I repeat actions because I can't really "feel" when I am sufficiently clean so I'll continue till my brain tells me it's a job done well.  It appears the signals triggered by touch are not reaching my brain in the manner that would seem normal to another person.

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/17/2018 at 10:44 PM, Tootsieroll said:

Aeroman when did you finally rid yourself of the DP/DR?  I realize that at 3 years 10 months out that they are both still with me.  When I shower I realize I repeat actions because I can't really "feel" when I am sufficiently clean so I'll continue till my brain tells me it's a job done well.  It appears the signals triggered by touch are not reaching my brain in the manner that would seem normal to another person.

I remember it was one of those symptoms that lingered for a long time. I can't tell you how long it lasted because it was a blur but it definitely was over 2 years. The lack of interest of doing anything was what lasted the longest and like anything, I just wrote it all out. I know that those symptoms are very unpleasant but like anything, the brain is magnificent as it will heal. I know sometimes my words may not get across many because you are experiencing some really bad symptoms but whether you believe it or not, you will recover. Believe in yourself. Believe in the power of healing and let time do its thing. Thanks for reaching out

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus

This is me while on Lexapro and post withdrawal from Lexapro 

IMG_20180117_191526_458.jpg

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Areoman - you are an inspiration. Your guidance to burn through time has hit its mark with me. Just have to keep on moving forward and finding distractions to take your mind of the symptoms. If we spend ages thinking about withdrawal and each symptom, the journey is even worse. 

I took citalopram from 1 jan 2011 to the end of 2016nat a dose of 40mg. As citalopram was not working I was advised to take another ssri so I went on Effexor in jan 2017 and stopped citalopram. I was on Effexor, 47.5mg for about 3 months but found it too activating. I stopped effexor in March 2017 and went on 20mg prozac on 1 April 2017. I was on prozac until 6 May 2017 when I stopped because I started having intolerable reactions to it. So I went cold turkey and have been off all Ssris from 6 May 2017 so that is 8 months at this point.

I realise my CNS is totally sensitised and is the reason why I have multiple symptoms. I at least understand that and I am trying to accept the symptoms for what they are and trying not to dwell on them too much. But it is very hard and a brutal experience. 

That is Unbeleivable.....two vastly different people.

Aeroman, how did you get past the doubts of getting back to normal function. Like everybody, I really struggle to accept  that this is temporary and it is obvious that this is the biggest concern from those still suffering. I find it difficult to maintain belief this will end!

Zoloft: Sometime early in 2014 Three days only. Torture!

Lexapro: Early 2015- Mid 2015 10mg

Lexapro: Mid 2015-March 2017 20mg

Tapered too fast, Withdrawal started through April-June 2017. Told by Doctor that it was rebound anxiety and have now developed MDD

Pristiq: July 2017-October 2017 50mg (total 56 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 10mg (6 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 20mg (5 days)

COLD TURKEY>>>>>>>>>>>>October 11,2017

Aeroman, you definitely are a good looker after getting off that poisonous Lexapro!

Drugfree Prof

Psychologist and Psychotherapist

Prozac 20 mg for approx 3 months during 2000, withdrew, no w/d sx

Prozac 10 - 30 mg Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2014

Ritalin 30-40 mg Jan. 2008 - Mar. 2015

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, Bobo71 said:

Areoman - you are an inspiration. Your guidance to burn through time has hit its mark with me. Just have to keep on moving forward and finding distractions to take your mind of the symptoms. If we spend ages thinking about withdrawal and each symptom, the journey is even worse. 

I absolutely agree! I rented a lot of Redbox movies before Netflix popped up. I just kept my mind busy with mindless things while I "waited". Hang in there. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, PSVT said:

That is Unbeleivable.....two vastly different people.

Aeroman, how did you get past the doubts of getting back to normal function. Like everybody, I really struggle to accept  that this is temporary and it is obvious that this is the biggest concern from those still suffering. I find it difficult to maintain belief this will end!

How did I get passed the doubts? 

1. I reached out to recovered people. 

2. I lived on the forums looking for reassurance. 

3. Reminded myself that I wasn't crazy. 

4. That thoughts are not true. 

I found it difficult too, bigtime. But you will get there just like I did. 

My last dose of Lexapro 10mg was on February 27, 2008. How time flies... 

• Moderator Emeritus
46 minutes ago, DrugfreeProf said:

Aeroman, you definitely are a good looker after getting off that poisonous Lexapro!

Awww, thank you. I still can't believe I was that person before but I was. Take care. 

5 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

How did I get passed the doubts? 

1. I reached out to recovered people. 

2. I lived on the forums looking for reassurance. 

3. Reminded myself that I wasn't crazy. 

4. That thoughts are not true. 

I found it difficult too, bigtime. But you will get there just like I did. 

Not are you only Aeroman you are "The" man.  Your support on here after your recovery is highly appreciated. (Even though you probably answer the same questions and concerns over and over again).  Respect! If only Doctors could take a leaf out of your book.

And yes, time flies, the older I get the quicker it is going......

Tapered too fast, Withdrawal started through April-June 2017. Told by Doctor that it was rebound anxiety and have now developed MDD

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, PSVT said:

Not are you only Aeroman you are "The" man.  Your support on here after your recovery is highly appreciated. (Even though you probably answer the same questions and concerns over and over again).  Respect! If only Doctors could take a leaf out of your book.

And yes, time flies, the older I get the quicker it is going......

Thanks for your kind words but I've been there. And I know how horrible it is to go through W/D. I want you all to know there is hope for recovery if you give it time time time...yes, easier said than done especially when you are going through a SSRI WD induced panic attack or akathasia, or maybe one of those weird vivid dreams...or even the insomnia, dizziness/vertigo like feeling. Yep, I've felt it all and I have surpassed it just like you will too. And yes, I wanted to reinstate but I did not because I truly believed with all my heart and soul I would recover. 

On 14 March 2017 at 7:41 AM, Aeroman said:

Hello fellow So Cal friend!!!  I work in the OC area :)

I also took Prozac about a year before I started Lexapro.  I remember quitting Prozac C/T and feeling ok until the 6-month mark.  I clearly remembered waking up at 3am with butterflies all over my gut, adrenaline rushing, and telling my wife, "Oh crap, it's back again!"

First part of Lexapro w/d was almost 24/7 of bad anxiety and depression.  I think it was the 10-12th month mark I felt relief (not recovery).  I was able to notice the evenings were easier to deal with.  In fact, in my own mind, I would tell myself at 10am that 9pm will be much better to give myself daily hope.  The windows happened after the one year mark. I would go months with no windows only to get one or two and then poof, go away.  A big YES to the physical symptoms, especially with my lower back and legs.

I eat completely normal.  Fruits, veggies, etc.  I piped down the caffeine usage but not completely gone.

In a given year, I will have 2-3 episodes of depression and anxiety but are short lived.  When I get it, I basically tell it to F off knowing it won't hang for that much time and it has been 100% the case.

BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE you WILL recover from this.  We each have our own timeline when recovery will occur.  We'll be in touch and I look forward reading everyone's recovery story.

G'day Aeroman

i am almost 4 months off Pristiq CT and have had a couple of small albeit short lived  Wndows that last anywhere from a couple of hours to a day. Like you mention above it is really only symptom relief where I don't quite feel like my self yet and during a window realise the next wave is just around the corner,  although the symptom relief is very very welcome, from your experience is there anything that can be taken from these Windows? Could this be indicative of sooner healing and recovery or is this just wishful thinking?

i will add that when the waves return, they do so by making me feel more sick than the window!

Thanks

Anthony

Hi aeroman, can i know how you can get through these difficult period....i means its not easy and very hard. I off lexapro mark 4 ++ mth and lorezapam for 6 mth...i found out the wd come more more extremed especially in early morning and  walking up at night...i already insomnia for a week , heart pounding , mind racing , headache......a lots more.....really knock me down and i dont know how long could i stand for it....feeling i getting more worse and no recovery . Really hope if i found this forum earlier i wont take those this devil pills.Got any temporary way to release my wd....i mean in natural way and supplement? I m  currently just taking high omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only. Thanks.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi aeroman, can i know how you can get through these difficult period....i means its not easy and very hard. I off lexapro mark 4 ++ mth and lorezapam for 6 mth...i found out the wd come more more extremed especially in early morning and  walking up at night...i already insomnia for a week , heart pounding , mind racing , headache......a lots more.....really knock me down and i dont know how long could i stand for it....feeling i getting more worse and no recovery . Really hope if i found this forum earlier i wont take those this devil pills.Got any temporary way to release my wd....i mean in natural way and supplement? I m  currently just taking high omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only. Thanks.

Hi.  Exactly, not easy at all and especially when you feel like a foreigner in your own body.  4 months off Lexapro?  4 months for me was when hell started.  Mornings were the worst and felt better as the day went on.  yes, I had the insomnia for 3-4 months.  Everything you described I had the same thing.  I tried all sorts of supplements and nothing helped me.  I am not saying it won't help you but it didn't do anything for me.  TIME was the only cure for me.  Hang in there.

• Mentor
On 1/20/2018 at 7:36 AM, Aeroman said:

I remember it was one of those symptoms that lingered for a long time. I can't tell you how long it lasted because it was a blur but it definitely was over 2 years. The lack of interest of doing anything was what lasted the longest and like anything, I just wrote it all out. I know that those symptoms are very unpleasant but like anything, the brain is magnificent as it will heal. I know sometimes my words may not get across many because you are experiencing some really bad symptoms but whether you believe it or not, you will recover. Believe in yourself. Believe in the power of healing and let time do its thing. Thanks for reaching out

Thanks, Aeroman, for this pep talk. Rough day as I approach 10 months and need this badly. Congrats on the physical transformation too -- amazing change.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

Thanks aeroman for all your kinds word, encouragement and reply. Thats why i force myself keep going until now because i repeat to re- read all your story to give me support and energy. But its really not easy when we going  through this difficulty just only myself  know what happened about wd .....not all poeple around us knowing that i got nervous illness including our family member.....your reply means a lots to me. Thanks.

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/30/2018 at 4:20 PM, FarmGirlWorks said:

Thanks, Aeroman, for this pep talk. Rough day as I approach 10 months and need this badly. Congrats on the physical transformation too -- amazing change.

Thank you. Hang in there

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/30/2018 at 9:06 PM, Miracle123 said:

Thanks aeroman for all your kinds word, encouragement and reply. Thats why i force myself keep going until now because i repeat to re- read all your story to give me support and energy. But its really not easy when we going  through this difficulty just only myself  know what happened about wd .....not all poeple around us knowing that i got nervous illness including our family member.....your reply means a lots to me. Thanks.

I remember rereading people's stories. A lot of them helped me. Take care 

Hi aeroman ,  Recently for these few day i got such a feeling like the food stuck inside my throat or feeling choking.. i feel my chest full or something stuck there, stomach bloating , gas coming out from mouth, throat tingling , choking or stuck. I suspect is a acid reflux but it's also withdrawal symdrome , right?  Im so confused and so scared ......my panic attack and anxiety flare up cos of fear might choking to died. Any solution can help me. Does this will go away? Should i need to take any medicine? THANK YOU.

Im so loss now....4 mth off really tough...wanna to try for supplement to calm my nervous illness example....i theanine, st.john wort,ashwagandha ( i bought 1 mth ago)valerian root.....but really not dare to try any cos worry will trigger my symdrome getting worse and unknow side effect...what can i do now...sleeping disturbed, insomnia, loss of interest, heart pounding.....a lots more...wanna crying out....

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Miracle123.  I hate to be a stickler as I know you are suffering right now, but you have made 10 posts and all of them have been on Aeroman's thread which is his success story thread.  It is NOT a thread for you to ask him questions about your situation.  We would love to have you as a participating member of the site, but for you to do that you should create your own introductory thread and post your drug signature, etc.  Firstly, that will give you your own spot where people can come and help you (more than just Aeroman) and, second, it will not detract from the point of Aeroman's success story.

Thanks very much,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

Hi, Miracle123.  I hate to be a stickler as I know you are suffering right now, but you have made 10 posts and all of them have been on Aeroman's thread which is his success story thread.  It is NOT a thread for you to ask him questions about your situation.  We would love to have you as a participating member of the site, but for you to do that you should create your own introductory thread and post your drug signature, etc.  Firstly, that will give you your own spot where people can come and help you (more than just Aeroman) and, second, it will not detract from the point of Aeroman's success story.

Thanks very much,

Andy

Noted.sorry for that.....im at wrong post.

Aeroman,

As a married man, and this WD and me being a burden on my wife, how did your marriage go? Did you bother your wife a lot with your symptoms or did you just suck it up and go on with the days as good as possible?

Hints/tips are welcome because this could take a long time...

Again, props to you!

TWB

Origin of Panic Attack and Anxiety Disorder: Overdose of Hallucinogenic HOT-7.

2013-09 20mg escitalopram. In the 4 first months 0.5-1mg/day Alprazolam for sleep & difficult situations.

Tapered the first time from 20mg to 0mg in 17 months or so. Withdrawal 6-8 weeks after last dose. Didn't taper enough to low enough doses (+-1mg).

2015-01-02 Back on 10mg after one week of delayed withdrawal. Stable in 8 days.

Second time tapered 2 years from 10mg to 1.6mg. Stable for half a year in range 2.5mg-1.6mg.

2017-07-28 Measurement errors: went for 1-2 weeks on 2mg. Restlessness and anxiety. Tried back to go back to 1.7mg for 5 days. Anxiety stayed.

2017-08-03 - 2017-08-20 Switched to liquid Lexapro 20mg/ml (1 drop is 1mg). Updosed to 2mg hoping to stabilize. Horrible Panic and Anxiety. Hold for 17 days hoping to stabilize. Didn't work enough for me at the time.

2017-08-20 End of holiday approaching. No more time. Decision to up dose to 5mg escitalopram. Back to the pills. Tapering alprazolam.

A lot of side effects: Akathisia, more anxiety, very troubling sleep, every thought and movement gave me panic attacks. Worst time of my life. I did learn coping skills in this period. A lot. Mastering meditation, mastering floating technique and more Claire Weekes stuff... Can handle extreme anxiety pretty decent now.

2017-09-30 Going down again because holding got worse almost every day. ADVICE TO OTHER ESCITALOPRAM PEOPLE, if updose doesn't work in two weeks, go down again!!! WD is not as brutal as adverse updose effects! After every taper (while tapering pretty manageable, after couple weeks holding, akathisia and extreme anxiety came back)

2018-01-29 Got to ZERO. A hard way down for sure. And now hoping for improvements along the way... Tapering melatonin gave me dystonic reactions however.
14 months after zero: Alternating akathisia, dystonic reactions and WD. Very unstable. No meds whatsoever. 31 months after zero: dystonia got worse, still very high anxiety, and many symptoms... no healing in sight. Adverse reaction destroyed me.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 2/8/2018 at 3:46 AM, TheWayBack said:

Aeroman,

As a married man, and this WD and me being a burden on my wife, how did your marriage go? Did you bother your wife a lot with your symptoms or did you just suck it up and go on with the days as good as possible?

Hints/tips are welcome because this could take a long time...

Again, props to you!

TWB

It was definitely tough on the marriage. Yes, it affected her a lot. I printed as much as I could so she can see it wasn't just me. Keep communication open. 

On 3/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, Aeroman said:

PP, drugs.com, anxiety forums

What is PP?

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

HI Again Aeroman

Just past 5 months off and yesterday I had a really difficult and mentally challenging day with negative and dark thoughts.

This was especially disappointing because only a week prior I had experienced what I call a bizarre "window event" or what is probably an actual window as opposed to what I thought were windows but in comparison were really only less intense waves!

This is it I thought, I'm getting past this crap now.......I'm getting better!

Nonetheless this window event only lasted 20 min but it was like a switch in that out of nowhere I felt totally like myself. Like my old self prior to taking any "meds". It was a feeling that I was not used to and felt quite surreal and almost a little uncomfortable because it was like I had just forgotten I was sick. Even to the point I had been recently sick or that maybe I had but I could not relate or associate to it. 

This may sound like I need some medication but it was like I had time travelled from a couple of years ago to that window and everything in between felt like a dream or an experience from long ago.......

Anyway, woke up the next morning back conversing with the devil again and have been in a bad wave since.

Does this reflect any of your experiences???

Hi Aero, thanks for continuing to visit and offer some great advice and discussion. I don't frequent the boards as much anymore as I found myself being triggered alot.

In some ways I've seen some big differences in the past 3-4 four months, especially physically. My battle continues to be psychological.  Long story short; shortly after withdrawal my anxiety skyrocketed and resulted into full blown hypochondria, which eventually lead to constant fear about my mental health (psychosis, dreamstates, amnesia, etc.) which also gave way to existential questions/crisis. These things still bother me daily, but I think my body (and mind) are finally handling them better.

Frankly, it's a weird feeling to be calm. It's strange for me to read something and not be sent into a panic or hours of rumination. I of course now ask the question though: is this a good thing / normal? I sometimes almost feel like I'm just floating through now, and the questions of whether any of this is real pop into my head... almost like I sometimes feel like a dream.

Was this by chance something you noticed once the anxiety began to settle?

My doctor said that it will probably take awhile for me to get used to feeling more "normal" and that it will probably be uncomfortable for awhile.

Thanks, and God bless.

Jan. 21, 2017: 50 mg Zoloft for moderate-severe social anxiety

end of Feb. 2017: 100 mg one time, contracted flu, missed 2 doses (50 mg); subsequent panic attacks

Mar. 22: 50 mg every other day

Mar. 31: 25 mg every other day

April 16: 0 mg

April - September: 2-3 Ativan a month. 

October - 1 Ativan

November - 1 Ativan

Completely off Ativan as of December 2017.

On 23/01/2018 at 4:03 AM, Aeroman said:

Awww, thank you. I still can't believe I was that person before but I was. Take care. 

Hey Aero,

You look much thinner and healthier! Did you get into a workout routine? If so how often do you workout a week?  or is it just withdrawal?

Thanks

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

On 1/23/2018 at 8:32 AM, Aeroman said:

This is a lot of time....

When did you start seeing the improvements that are noticeable enough.. 

I  am  2 years off...  Feels like lost .. difficult to get involved with people and daily activities.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

On 2/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, Aeroman said:

I remember rereading people's stories. A lot of them helped me. Take care 

Is it so that you never had PSSD? Sorry to ask, but not at least on your signature. Your recovery is inspirational. I have both PSSD and anhedonia in a severe way. Getting hopeless, no development in 11 mths.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a little over a year now off all psych drugs i have a lot of improvement but still dont enjoy the things i used too before the drugs. I just dont enjoy them and most of the time Im thinking about healing and health issues and stopped envjoying lie.

I think zyprexa is the drug that is most responsible for this and I still dont have my brain back.

Did you experience these aero? It's like anhedonia and a slowed brain function at the same time. Cognitive issues as well.

Are those reversible or will they persist?

Thank you

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

On 4/2/2018 at 5:06 AM, Bobo32 said:

Im a little over a year now off all psych drugs i have a lot of improvement but still dont enjoy the things i used too before the drugs. I just dont enjoy them and most of the time Im thinking about healing and health issues and stopped envjoying lie.

I think zyprexa is the drug that is most responsible for this and I still dont have my brain back.

Did you experience these aero? It's like anhedonia and a slowed brain function at the same time. Cognitive issues as well.

Are those reversible or will they persist?

Thank you

I'd also love to know if these symptoms eventually subside

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

Hi there! Did you have terrible brain sensations? Such as extreme dizziness, the brain zapping or moving around or even swelling?? That's my worst symptom and it's hard to function! I have terrible pressure in the brain and head into face. 

Here it goes

March 2015- started 5mg Lexapro

November 2015- switched over to Cymbalta 30mg

August 2016- stopped Cymbalta cold turkey

Early December 2016- took Zoloft 25mg 

Tried to then cross taper over to Lexapro 5mg then up to 10mg for a week

Aug 2017- Stopped lexapro- not sure if seratonin toxicity was present. Er prescribed klonopin- currently tapering .25mg. 

Sept 2017-Tried resperidal 1mg for two weeks

November 2017- Tried Lexapro again 2.5 mg then to 5mg for two weeks then stopped

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/14/2018 at 9:00 AM, RealMe said:

What is PP?

Paxil Progress

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, PSVT said:

HI Again Aeroman

Just past 5 months off and yesterday I had a really difficult and mentally challenging day with negative and dark thoughts.

This was especially disappointing because only a week prior I had experienced what I call a bizarre "window event" or what is probably an actual window as opposed to what I thought were windows but in comparison were really only less intense waves!

This is it I thought, I'm getting past this crap now.......I'm getting better!

Nonetheless this window event only lasted 20 min but it was like a switch in that out of nowhere I felt totally like myself. Like my old self prior to taking any "meds". It was a feeling that I was not used to and felt quite surreal and almost a little uncomfortable because it was like I had just forgotten I was sick. Even to the point I had been recently sick or that maybe I had but I could not relate or associate to it. 

This may sound like I need some medication but it was like I had time travelled from a couple of years ago to that window and everything in between felt like a dream or an experience from long ago.......

Anyway, woke up the next morning back conversing with the devil again and have been in a bad wave since.

Does this reflect any of your experiences???

Yep!  this sounded so much like me!!!  You will get back to your good self soon!!