Sign in to follow this  
george11

Alternating anxiety with depression and "depression attacks"

george11   
george11

i experience alternating bouts of anxiety and depression and sometimes both anxiety and depression at the same time!One day i have more depression and the other day less depression and more anxiety,it's very strange!Every day is different!

I feel also that my depression is getting worse!What i see is that i have wave of intense depression that comes for some hours and then goes away!I can call it "depression attack".They can last anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours, and then they suddenly vanish and return to mild depression!Is this normal to happening?Iam afraid that maybe is bipolar??

Thanks in advance!

Bluebird2009   
Bluebird2009

How long have you been off your drug? I'm 10months off now and I suffer from the same as yourself, it is hard to know whether it is withdrawal depression and anxiety or real!! I wish you all the best and hope you recover soon.

george11   
george11

Hi Bluebird2009 i have been of meds 24 months!I don't know also whats happening!Alternating bouts of anxiety and depression and my depression comes in waves for hours and sometimes is severe!Hope you recover soon too!

Terry4949   
Terry4949

Hi George , I can't tell you wether it's bipolar or not , only this is me as well , I have depression and then it just gets so bad some times for half an hour or it might last four or five hours when it eases anxiety takes over, I also feel my depression is getting worse , I don't think it is bipolar , I was suffering anxiety and depression before I started meds , now I'm of I keep wondering if it's the original complaint and not withdrawel , it is a dilemma

Pepita   
Pepita
On 14.3.2017 at 11:23 AM, george11 said:

i experience alternating bouts of anxiety and depression and sometimes both anxiety and depression at the same time!One day i have more depression and the other day less depression and more anxiety,it's very strange!Every day is different!

I feel also that my depression is getting worse!What i see is that i have wave of intense depression that comes for some hours and then goes away!I can call it "depression attack".They can last anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours, and then they suddenly vanish and return to mild depression!Is this normal to happening?Iam afraid that maybe is bipolar??

Thanks in advance!

I think the easiest way to answer you question about this "being normal" or maybe being bipolar is: Have you experienced this before taking medication or not? If you have not, or way less intense- then it is wirhdrawal. If it is just the way it was before you started taking meds it might be your original condition but even then it is your choice what do to with it. I for example have always been a very sensitive person and I always have reacted to stress with being emotional, getting the blues or a little anxiety, but never ever in that intensity as withdrawal hit me with. I'll gladly take everything I had before meds as part of me for the rest of my life and get rid of withdrawal symptoms instead. Personally I know- I will never be totally free of a ... let's say.. more intense experience of emotions in life. But I am pretty sure that I'll never ever let a psychiatrist - or worse, a GP- put a lable on me again.