SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dee80: Weaning from Paxil

Dee80

Hi all, I have been checking out this website for a long time but have never posted before. I have been on Paxil for 12 years at a dose of 20 mg. After a failed attempt at stopping the drug in 2012 and thankfully finding this site, I have been reducing slowly for nearly 5 years. I have been reducing using 10% drops every 6-8 weeks. However, there have been times when I have struggled and stayed at a dose for longer periods. I am now at a dose of 0.8 mg. I could really use some advice as I have been really struggling ever since I have dropped below 1.2 mg. My symptoms are sll purely physical and I can't seem to find any 'windows'. I can't help but wonder if I should just stop taking the drugs. Maybe I am experiencing side effects rather than withdrawal at this stage. Has anyone experienced real trouble at such low doses? Thanks for any advice!

Edited by scallywag
tags

Began Paxil in 2004 at 20 mg

Attempted to stop Paxil in 2012 but had to reinstate within 2 months

Began correct reductions of 10% in 2012 and have been reducing since then

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

Worked slowly up to 3.2 mg by May 2019 

January 2021 still at 3.2 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dee and welcome to SA (finally!),

I'm really pleased to see that you have been tapering and holding as recommended by SA.

1.  Would you be able to post the tapering information for the last year?  Date and dose please.

2.  Are you tapering 10% of the previous dose or of the starting dose?

3.  Are you taking your Paxil at about the same time daily, or are you skipping days?

4.  Are you achieving accurate doses?

5.  What side effects did you experience when taking 20mg?

6.  What symptoms have you previously had during your taper?

7.  What symptoms are you currently experiencing?

8.  Are you taking any other drugs, prescription, non-prescription, other or supplements?

9.  Are you experiencing any external stressors?

10. Do you drink alcohol or caffeine drinks?

A bit like playing 20 questions!  My apologies for all of them, but I'm trying to get the full picture of your situation.  It may be that something else is causing or worsening the withdrawal issues.

Many members find it harder as their dose gets lower.  I'll give you some links which you may not have seen yet:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

Withdrawal Normal Description

Stabilising After a Reduction - What Does That Mean?

Why taper paper: dose-occupancy curves

This is your Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.  Click "Follow" top right and you will be notified when someone responds.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi Chessiecat, Thank you for your warm welcome and reply. I have been taking my Paxil every night without skipping any days. I checked back over my calendar and my weaning schedule for the past year was as follows: 1.4 mg March 2016,1.3mg May,1.2mg July

1.1 mg Sept,1.0 mg Nov,0.9 mg Jan and then down to my current dose of 0.8 mg march. I have been taking 10% off the previous dose and using a jewellers scale for measuring. I did not have any symptoms on Paxil when I was taking 20mg. I didn't really start to experience symptoms until I got below the 5 mg mark. My symptoms now are constant dizziness, blurred vision, constant tiredness and bouts of vertigo. I stopped the Paxil before after cutting down to 5 mg before I knew about weaning correctly and experience similar symptoms. I reinstated the drug and all of my symptoms went away. It was only when I started looking online that I realised it was withdrawal that I was experiencing. I could put up with the symptoms up until the summer when I went to a dose of 1.2 mg. I don't take any other meds and I am not experiencing any stressors other than my symptoms :) I do drink tea but have not drank alcohol in quite a while. Sorry for the long post. Can you think of anything I might be doing incorrectly? Or do you think perhaps it could just be withdrawal? Thank you for the links. I haven't seen any of these so will be interested to see if they shed any light.

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for answering my questions.  You've been doing what looks like a perfect taper.  Well done!  However, going from 0.9 to 0.8 is more than 10%.  You might consider only reducing by 5% from now on, after you have stabilised from your current drop.

If your symptoms are unbearable, you could trying updosing by a very small amount.  I know member Fresh got to the stage with her taper where should sometimes take the tiniest little bit powder and it would make a difference.  If you can measure to make your dose 0.825 may be enough.  Or 0.85 at the most.  You can make your own liquid which you could use for the micro portion.  Information is in the Tapering Paxil link above, Post #1.

Here are a couple more links:

Micro-taper instead of 10% or 5% decreases

Slowness of slow tapers

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

After studying the dose occupancy charts, I understand now how this can be withdrawal even at such low doses. I will wait another while to see if I stabilise at this dose and if not I will just updose as I obviously reduced too much. I think once I begin reducing again I will try the microtaper. I don't want to jeopardise things by making going dropping too quickly-not now that I have come this far. Thanks for all the help Chessiecat. It's great to find out that I have options.

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Dee, I've added medication tags to your topic.  You'll now get a list of several other topics with Paxil or paroxetine tabs at the bottom of every page in this introduction. You can also click on either tag just below the topic title to get a list of other introduction topics of members who are tapering Paxil.

Paxil seems to one of the medications with not-so-funny not-so-little speed bumps -- doses where reductions get tricky. Checking out other members' posts may be informative.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thanks Scallywag. That's really helpful :)

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• 6 months later...
Hi everyone,

I have stopped by to ask for a bit of advice. I have only posted before a couple of times but I have followed this forum throughout my taper of Paxil. I have slowly tapered down from 20 mg using the 10% method over a period of 5 years. I am now down to 0.4 mg. This past week I have been really ill and diagnosed with labyrinthitis based on my lack of balance, head spinning and vomiting. I have been bed bound as I fall when I get up. I feel okay when lying flat. The doctor prescribed me cyclizine 50mg yesterday and I have taken three of these so far. They have helped the vomiting but not the dizziness. I read that these are an antihistamine and now I am extremely worried after reading some posts in the forum that I have been stupid to take them. I don't know what to do and would like to know if anyone else has been in this position? Thanks. 

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dee,

I moved your topic about antihistamines to Intro topic.  It is best to ask questions about your own situation in your Intro because it keeps your history in one place.

dizziness-vertigo-light-headedness-etc

rockingswayingboatdizziness

Please also update your drug signature.  Thank you.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Thanks so much for these links Chessiecat!

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

I just read your thread. For sure it's wd symptoms, I have had those too. Just stay at your dose and wait until you are stabilized. Then maybe do smaller cuts from now on until zero (as we talked about on my thread). You will be fine. 

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Hi Dee!

I'm so sorry you've been laid low with the dizziness and vomiting, that's very hard to deal with.

I've got a similar drug history to you and I feel enormously proud of you that you've managed to get so far off paxil - it's a huge achievement, it really is!

I hope the following story of my recent experience with the symptoms you're describing is helpful. Recently I experienced very similar symptoms which I posted about in my topic - getting out of bed, falling over with dizziness and vomiting. After a few days of this, full of fear I visited a doctor who decided I didn't have Meniere's disease (which after googling, I was triply fearful of!). She felt that a 'wait and see' approach was the best way forward. (As a doctor I'd never seen before I didn't mention my paxil situation to her).

Sure enough within the week, the symptoms that had been very frightening and limiting (driving felt distinctly dangerous) and lying flat felt like the best option all round - well, they resolved.

I've had a couple of incidents since, just in the last day or so actually. But I'm no longer afraid that it's something more insidious, because I'm now confident it's dumb ol withdrawal from paxil. So like everything else that entails, it's a matter of as calmly as I can, accept it and wait for it to pass.

I'm really cheering you on as Dee80, Brassmonkey has gone down to your low doses and has a great journal if you wanted to follow other people's experience at the very low to zero range.

xxxmollyn

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Dee -- I'd like to second what Amy said. It's the withdrawal. Try, if you possibly can, to wait it out. You'll feel better. Make smaller drops, not 10% of the last. It's harder the closer you get to zero, as you said in reference to the occupancy charts. Even at low doses we still have a fair amount of the drug in our system. 

I switched five years ago from Paxil to Celexa and for three years I've been using the liquid Celexa to taper. I'm currently down to 0.31mL. For the last four weeks I've been dropping 2.5% (roughly) each week. As a result my symptoms have become more physical than psychological. Check out my most recent post to see what I've been feeling (search for "myndfull"). Though my symptoms are pretty severe--especially the headaches and the insomnia--I've had less anhedonia or DP/DR as a result of my smaller drops. It's been rough but bearable. And at times, even my brain fog has cleared and I feel myself.

I haven't had any vomiting, but the dizziness, lack of balance issues I've had aplenty.

You're very low at 0.4mg! Keep going, but take it slow.

I had tried and failed to stop Paxil several times (though never using a long, slow taper) and thought Celexa might be easier, so I shifted to Celexa in 2012. In August of 2014 I began a serious tapered withdrawal from Celexa (20 mg.), making monthly drops, mostly 10% of the last dose, sometimes more, sometimes less.  In July of 2016 I took an early retirement at 59 in large part because of my intense withdrawal  symptoms.

Three years and eight months after beginning my taper, I stopped taking Celexa on 5/12/18.

I am currently in recovery and I am very slowly getting better. I still have waves and some are quite bad. But overall the trend is toward healing.

Thanks so much Amy, Molly and Myndfull for your input. You know I did actually suspect withdrawal at first but I'd never had anything like this feeling before so I accepted the labyrinthitis diagnosis. However ,nothing surprises me with Paxil. It's been 12 days of this but I need to try to remember how symptoms can resolve. I decided against using any of the prescribed drugs and was just going to wait it out so I guess it's the same 'treatment' either way😀I'm sorry you have all had these symptoms. I've been dizzy a lot along the way but didn't think it would get this bad. If I stabilise -like you have all advised I will definitely make smaller cuts going forward. Thanks again!

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been 5 years totally off the drug and I would say I am finally on my way out. I found that I didn't really get withdrawal symptoms when I weaned but boy once I stopped the drug altogether all hell broke loose. Unfortunately I have been on a half pill of aerus since I withdrew and I think that will be the next thing i need to work on. My symptoms were mainly physical and I was in and out of hospital and I thought I would never get well and i feel close to normal now. Hang in there

12 year on Paxil 20mg. Dropped to 5mg a few years before weaning, Was on 5mg weaned over a few months and then went off Aug 15, 2012. Severe withdrawal started Nov 2012 and have been slowly recovering. Have had all physical symptoms especially muscle, immune and food sensitivities!

Thanks Jaywill. I'm sorry to hear you went through such a hard time. Even after weaning. Hearing that you are doing well now helps as I too feel like I'll never get well. As you say all I can do is hang in there and hope. It sounds like it has taken you a long time to recover but your feeling normal now shows we can all get there in the end :)

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

Hi Dee80

It sounds like you are doing amazing with your taper - I was a dope and quit cold turkey and got extremely sick. Oftentimes when we are tapering people don`t seem to understand why a `small` change makes such a BIG difference in how we feel. In many ways too I feel like people who are tapering off of their medications for mental health related issues appear to be physically ok, but are suffering in silence. Just wanted to let you know that you aren`t suffering alone, and you can do this. Just take it one day at a time, and remind yourself how far you have come. :) 

Cokemachineglow.

h/x: Paxil for 10 years, switched to Effexor XR 150mg for the last 8 years.

Currently attempting to taper off of Effexor XR. 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I have a bit of dilemma and am hoping for a bit of advice.

I have been very ill since October. I was told I had labyrinthitis but the doctors are unsure of this now as it has been going on so long. I am no longer being sick and the spinning has stopped but I am constantly off balance with a pulsating head. I have had withdrawal symptoms throughout my taper but nothing as unbearable as this.

Some members suggested that this could be withdrawal.  I am still at 0.4 mg and have not stabilised in the 5 months that I have been on this dose. If it was withdrawal would I not have improved somewhat by now? I am so confused and am thinking of increasing my Paxil. I'm so disappointed to have to do this at this stage as I haven't increased at all in my whole taper. I went so slowly this time, could this really be withdrawal? I haven't been out of the house-only for medical appointments-in all this time and I can't keep going like this. I have to do something. Has anyone increased at this late stage? 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

Has anyone any advice on the idea of increasing at this late stage in my taper? I feel like I need to do something but don't want to make a bad decision.  I hope my post is not discouraging to anyone. I am probably an exception to the rule as the stories I have read on this site suggest that slow tapering down from 1mg to zero prevent bad withdrawal symptoms. Plus there is always the possibility that my issues aren't related to Paxil and are caused by something else. I had an MRI of my brain, neck and inner ear on Monday and all came back normal. So confusing!

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

I am so sorry for what you are going through, Dee.  You have gone through so much since October and it must be really frustrating to be experiencing these awful symptoms after doing such a slow, careful taper.  I am not sure what would be good in terms of a next step but wanted to reach out to you to lend support and to get your post moved up so hopefully someone with more knowledge will advise you.  You might also want to reach out to Brassmonkey via PM since he successfully tapered Paxil and may have some good advice for you.  Hang in there Dee....you are doing so well despite everything you are going through.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

Thank you so much for your message wantrelief. Your support and advice means a lot. It is all so frustrating but I will not make any rash decisions just yet:)

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

I have decided to try to increase my Paxil to see if it helps at all. I have considered switching to another SSRI but I am too afraid that that might make things even worse. I am going to go back up to 1mg and pray that things improve. 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

I'm sorry this is happening. :( I'm glad things went so well until October. I hope things get better, and that you can taper again soon.

Fall of 1996: Started Prozac (don't recall the dose). I was 17. Moved away from home and decided I didn't need it; stopped cold turkey and developed severe panic attacks.

Started on Paroxetine in the fall of 1998 (don't remember dose). By 2010 (approximate) I was taking 50 mg per day (highest they would prescribe).

Summer 2011: Tapered down to 10 mg for about two weeks because a doctor screwed up. Could not stop crying or get off my couch. Back up to 40 mg.

Approximately 2013: Tapered down to 30 mg, added 150 mg Wellbutrin per day. Don't remember any side effects or withdrawal symptoms.

January 2016: Started 4.5 mg of Naltrexone per day. Oct. 2017: Started using a CPAP machine for mild sleep apnea - much less tired every day.

February 22, 2018: Decided, with doctor, to begin tapering off Paroxetine. Feb. 23: Started at 20 mg (from 30).

February 24, 2018, early AM: Woke up extremely cold, shaking and sweating.

February 25, 2018: Was nauseated the entire day (very rare for me). I've also been dizzy since February 22, 2018.

February 22-February 28, 2018: Insomnia, bad sleep every night.

February 28, 2018: Found this site!

March 3, 2018: Back up to 25 mg Paroxetine. Feeling better.

Thanks for your support Katie. I hope so too 😊

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

Please wait for a Mods advice.  I'm worried that that's a big increase from .4 to 1 mg.. That's more than 50%.  I'm no expert on tapering or increases at all, but I'm having a bad feeling about it.  Can you PM a Mod? 

On October 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM, ChessieCat said:

Hi Dee,I

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Hi Rosetta, thanks for your message. Maybe it would be better to work my way up to 1mg. I will PM a mod and see what they suggest. Thanks again. 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Administrator

Hello, Dee.

Paxil is a very difficult drug to go off, perhaps the worst SSRI. Dizziness is a very common withdrawal symptom.

If I were you, I might try going up to 0.5mg. I realize this seems negligible, but if it helps, it helps. Please let us know how it affects you.

Please do not blame yourself for not being able to go off faster at the end. For some people, the last phase is the most delicate.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for your advice Altostrata. I think I will try the 0.5 mg and give it some time to see if it helps before going up anymore. I have another appointment with ENT on Monday. They will probably be of no real help but just in case I will wait until I have seen them and increase after that. Thanks again. 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Please Keep Notes on Paper so that we can see if the updose is helping.

That's a great idea Chessiecat. Thanks for that. 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dee, 

How are you doing?💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited here. To update: I paused my tapering once I became stable (relatively speaking) at 3.2 mg. I used the liquid to slowly work up from 0.4 mg. I was so close to the end but I couldn’t go on like I was so made the difficult choice to updose. Now, I find myself with an extremely worrying dilemma. I have just found out I’m pregnant. Only 4 weeks approx. but I am terrified about what I should do. I am thinking of just stopping and seeing what happens. Though I think I know the answer to that. Has anyone been in this situation with Paxil? I have looked through the forum but can only find people who have discovered they’re pregnant on Zoloft and Cipramil whereas Paxil is the most worrying SSRI to be on it seems. Any advise would be appreciated? I have a call scheduled with my doctor on Friday but wanted to check in here. I just can’t believe this has happened. I want to be happy but am so scared. 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Administrator

Hello, @Dee80

Is 3.2mg Paxil what you're taking now? How long have you been at this dosage? Please update your signature.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Altostrata, 

thanks for your reply. Yes, my current dose is 3.2 mg. I have been on this dose for over a year and a half.  I was looking to edit my signature but couldn’t see how. Can you tell me how? 

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg

• Mentor
5 hours ago, Dee80 said:

Hi Altostrata, 

thanks for your reply. Yes, my current dose is 3.2 mg. I have been on this dose for over a year and a half.  I was looking to edit my signature but couldn’t see how. Can you tell me how? 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/settings/signature/ Here is what you need :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Thank you @Cocopuffz17 😬

March 2017 0.8 mg

October 2017 0.4mg 

March 2018 0.5 mg