Hazel

Hazel: struggling with Paxil to Prozac bridge

manymoretodays

You might have got me copied before I finished editing.  So be it.  B)

Let's make the best of today, eh?

Re edited my initial post and copy of, as dosages were off.  :blink:

And missed your increase today completely, Hazel. Defer to Alto ^

Edited by manymoretodays
clarity??!!!

Hazel
41 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hazel, increasng to 8.5mg is NOT what we discussed. You are jumping around in dosage again. Please do NOT jump around.

By changing your dosing to 7.5mg this morning, you've made your symptom pattern difficult to interpret for the next 4 days. We won't know what's causing any symptom changes.

Since you took 7.5mg this morning, please take the 0.5mg a few hours later, and 0.5mg in the evening as usual.

Tomorrow, go back to 7.0mg in the morning, 0.5mg mid-day, and 0.5mg in the evening, for a total of 8mg.

The following day, take 7.0mg in the morning, and 0.5mg close to or combined with the 0.5mg in the evening for a total of 8mg.

^This is what we talked about.

As you know, you may have waves and windows. Please do what you can to be patient.

It's also very frustrating to me that you are reporting a change in symptoms without telling us WHEN THEY OCCUR in relation to your drug dosing. I've had to ask you this information repeatedly. Again, at what time of day did this change in symptoms occur, and when did you take your drugs?

I am spending a great deal of time to understand what's going on with you and explaining very carefully what next steps might be best. If you continue to ignore my efforts, there is no reason to continue them.

I am sorry Alto.

I am not trying to make things difficult for you.  This is really hard for me right now and I am doing the best I can.  I feel like I am barely making it through the day right now.

To be honest, the symptoms have been pretty relentless the past 2 days with very small breaks here and there.  I have had no breaks from anxiety at all today.  It is constant and strong. I was up most of the night with anxiety and it only continues to get worse.  

I guess it’s hard for me to say when the symptoms have started since they feel constant.  Typically mornings are worse starting around 4:00 am and I get a break in the evening around 6:00pm, but yesterday did not get much of a break at all.  Today the anxiety has been constant from the time I was up around 4:00 am and it is now 1:45 pm.  I took the 7.5 dose at 8:30 and the first .5 dose at 12:30.  I will take the evening dose of .5 at 8:00.

I hope this helps.  I am doing the best I can right now.  This is really hard for me and I just want to feel better.  I know you are working hard to help and I will do what I can to make it easier on you.

Altostrata

Hazel, you have to stick to a plan. You need to give any change a chance to affect your symptom pattern. This is at least 4 days for Paxil.

Please update your signature with your Paxil schedule. You can delete the information prior to 2016.

DaveB

You will get there Hazel, just be consistent. I know you are struggling and I know exactly what that feels like. IT WON'T LAST FOREVER! Listen to Alto, you are in good hands!

Hazel
13 minutes ago, DaveB said:

You will get there Hazel, just be consistent. I know you are struggling and I know exactly what that feels like. IT WON'T LAST FOREVER! Listen to Alto, you are in good hands!

Thanks Dave.  I appreciate the support.  This is just so hard right now as the anxious just so high.  I know I am on good hands with Alto and will be consistent from here on out.  I just freaked out this morning and thought another increase would help.

wantrelief

I too am sorry you are struggling with both anxiety and insomnia, so hard.  I hope things settle soon.  Thinking about you - WR.

Hazel
28 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

I too am sorry you are struggling with both anxiety and insomnia, so hard.  I hope things settle soon.  Thinking about you - WR.

Thanks so much wantrelief,

I am hoping things settle soon as well.

Rosetta

Hey, Hazel.  If I had the option of taking meds I'm sure I would consider updosing often.  Hugs!!

Rosetta

Hazel
1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

Hey, Hazel.  If I had the option of taking meds I'm sure I would consider updosing often.  Hugs!!

Rosetta

Thanks for understanding Rosetta. I would do just about anything at this point to be stable.  Hugs to you too!!

Carmie

Hi Hazel, 

Just checking in to see how you are. I’m sorry you’re going through such a hard time. Wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you.

Im still in a waves and windows situation. Won’t be tapering again for months. Need a break. 

I can understand you want to updose a little at times as you sometimes get some relief but at the same time as Alto said all the chopping and changing can make things worse too. The updose works for a little while but then you’re struggling again.

I have no advice as regards this, the moderators have spoken to hundreds of people and I think they have the best advice. 

Sometimes it feels like nothing we do helps. All I can say is that TIME is the only thing that will help all of us. 

Again im so sorry for your struggles and want to give you a BIG HUG xxx

Hazel
5 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hazel, 

Just checking in to see how you are. I’m sorry you’re going through such a hard time. Wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you.

Im still in a waves and windows situation. Won’t be tapering again for months. Need a break. 

I can understand you want to updose a little at times as you sometimes get some relief but at the same time as Alto said all the chopping and changing can make things worse too. The updose works for a little while but then you’re struggling again.

I have no advice as regards this, the moderators have spoken to hundreds of people and I think they have the best advice. 

Sometimes it feels like nothing we do helps. All I can say is that TIME is the only thing that will help all of us. 

Again im so sorry for your struggles and want to give you a BIG HUG xxx

Thanks Carmie.

What you said really makes sense and I agree time is our greatest healer.

Hazel

Update:

Wed. 5/16

5:00 pm started to feel less anxious 

5:30 ate dinner

6:00 went for a 35 min walk-still feeling pretty good

8:00pm took my second .5mg dose, feeling good

9:30 went to bed and slept until 3:30 am- which is really good for me! (No hydroxyzine)

Thurs. 5/17

6:00 am up and getting ready for work, some anxiety but not too high

7:00 am breakfast-still feeling ok 

8:30 am 7.0 mg paroxetine 

*Will update again tonight before I go to bed.

Edited by manymoretodays
member error on recorded dose

manymoretodays

Hi Hazel,

I don't know why you took 7.5mg of Paxil again this morning at 8:30. 

This was Alto's advice/suggestion yesterday for today.

"Tomorrow, go back to 7.0mg in the morning, 0.5mg mid-day, and 0.5mg in the evening, for a total of 8mg".

I do know how emotions(and anxiety) can interfere sometimes with our best thinking or cognition.

Please go back to her instructions though, and perhaps you could start tomorrow off with the right dose.

Good job on the daily log so far.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Hazel
1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Hazel,

I don't know why you took 7.5mg of Paxil again this morning at 8:30. 

This was Alto's advice/suggestion yesterday for today.

"Tomorrow, go back to 7.0mg in the morning, 0.5mg mid-day, and 0.5mg in the evening, for a total of 8mg".

I do know how emotions(and anxiety) can interfere sometimes with our best thinking or cognition.

Please go back to her instructions though, and perhaps you could start tomorrow off with the right dose.

Good job on the daily log so far.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Sorry-that was an error.  I took 7 mg this morning.

manymoretodays

Yay!  I'll go ahead and use some of my mod magic and correct in your log/post.

Good, good.

DaveB
4 hours ago, Hazel said:

Update:

Wed. 5/16

5:00 pm started to feel less anxious 

5:30 ate dinner

6:00 went for a 35 min walk-still feeling pretty good

8:00pm took my second .5mg dose, feeling good

9:30 went to bed and slept until 3:30 am- which is really good for me! (No hydroxyzine)

Thurs. 5/17

6:00 am up and getting ready for work, some anxiety but not too high

7:00 am breakfast-still feeling ok 

8:30 am 7.0 mg paroxetine 

*Will update again tonight before I go to bed.

That sounds much better Hazel, you will balance out and get stable. Just takes time. 

Hazel

Update part two:

11:45 am lunch-still feeling pretty good

2:40 started feeling some anxiety coming on 

2:42 took .5 mg paroxetine 

5:00 pm still feeling anxious-not super high, but uncomfortable 

6:45 pm Dinner-anxiety there but not bad

8:00pm .5 mg paroxetine-low level anxiety, uncomfortable but manageable 

9:15 pm getting ready for bed, feeling a little better, anxiety still there but not bad.

Altostrata

Good to hear, Hazel. Please continue with your schedule, gradually moving the mid-day 0.5mg to the evening.

Your symptoms may come and go until we can get the right evening dose and you stay there for 4-7 days.

Hazel
6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Good to hear, Hazel. Please continue with your schedule, gradually moving the mid-day 0.5mg to the evening.

Your symptoms may come and go until we can get the right evening dose and you stay there for 4-7 days.

Thanks Alto,

I will continue with the schedule and gradually moving the mid-day dose to the evening.

Hazel

Update:

Thurs.

10:00 pm fell asleep

12:00am woke up with high anxiety and took 25 mg hydroxyzine 

Fri.

6:00 am up and getting ready for work-anxiety pretty high

7:20 am breakfast-took 1 Swanson’s Women’s Anti-stress Formula

8:00 am 250mg magnesium 

8:30 am 7mg paroxetine 

9:30 still anxious, but not as bad as early morning 

11:45 fish oil-feeling a little better

12:00 lunch

12:30 anxiety creeping back, continues throughout the afternoon 

5:00 .5 mg paroxetine 

5:20 Dinner

6:00 went for a walk

7:00 bath with epsolm salts

8:00 .5 mg paroxetine 

8:30 feeling pretty good

Rabe

SO happy to hear things are getting better Hazel!!!  :) 

Hazel
10 hours ago, Rabe said:

SO happy to hear things are getting better Hazel!!!  :) 

Thanks Rabe. 

A lot of ups and downs, but I am thankful that I do get some relief from symptoms every day, even if just a couple of hours.

Hazel

Update:

Fri.

10:30 went to bed and slept pretty well without hydroxyzine!  Woke up a couple of times but fell back to sleep.

Sat. (Woke with mild anxiety)

8:30 7mg paroxetine 

10:45 breakfast 

12:15 feeling anxious, about a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10

3:00 went for a walk, feeling better at about a 2 now.

4:00 Sat outside in the sun and had a snack 

6:00 anxiety continues to come and go.  About a 3.

7:00 Dinner 

8:00 1mg paroxetine 

9:00 watching a movie, feeling pretty good, about a 2 on the anxiety scale.

Altostrata

This is good, Hazel. Is it convenient to continue to take the 1mg paroxetine 8-9 p.m.? That would be 12 hours from the morning dose.

Hazel
15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

This is good, Hazel. Is it convenient to continue to take the 1mg paroxetine 8-9 p.m.? That would be 12 hours from the morning dose.

Yes, I shouldn’t have a problem taking the 1mg dose around 8-9pm.  I am still having anxiety throughout the day.  Is this to be expected for a while yet?

Rosetta

I'm glad you are feeling better, Hazel. - Rosetta

Rabe

SOOO glad to know you are slowly improving Hazel!  Thinking about you!!!

Altostrata
14 hours ago, Hazel said:

Yes, I shouldn’t have a problem taking the 1mg dose around 8-9pm.  I am still having anxiety throughout the day.  Is this to be expected for a while yet?

Let's see how it goes for a bit, Hazel.

PS For further reference, breakthrough symptoms from 7.5mg Paxil indicates you are a fast metabolizer via the liver enzyme known as P450 cyp2D6.

Hazel
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Let's see how it goes for a bit, Hazel.

PS For further reference, breakthrough symptoms from 7.5mg Paxil indicates you are a fast metabolizer via the liver enzyme known as P450 cyp2D6.

Does that mean it will be more difficult for me to taper off the Paxil?

Altostrata

No, it means you'll proceed with 2 doses a day.

Hazel
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

No, it means you'll proceed with 2 doses a day.

Ok, sounds good.  Thanks so much for your help Alto.

Hazel
6 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I'm glad you are feeling better, Hazel. - Rosetta

Slowly but surely I think I am headed in the right direction.

Gridley

Hazel, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Hazel
1 hour ago, Gridley said:

Hazel, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks Gridley

Hazel

Update:

Saturday night-

10:30pm went to bed.  Slept okay at first, then up multiple times starting around 3:00 am.  Anxiety pretty high early morning.

Sunday-

8:00am out of bed

8:30 7mg paroxetine-still feeling anxious 

10:00 breakfast-feeling a little better

11:45 snack sitting outside in the sun

12:00pm anxiety returns 4 on a scale of 1-10

1:00 walk-feeling better

3:30 early dinner, feeling pretty good

7:00 feeling more anxious and irritable 

7:30 bath with epsolm salts

8:00 1mg dose, feeling emotional, had a good cry

8:45 feeling less anxious, getting ready to head to bed