SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hazel: struggling with Paxil to Prozac bridge

Hazel

29 minutes ago, DaveB said:

I am sorry Hazel, and I know the feeling! It is just a blip, you will get past it and into an even longer period of relief. Did you change anything? I hate playing the game of "what did I do to cause it?" Sometimes the answer is nothing and you just need to give it time to work its way out. I am very sorry you find yourself here again, it is so frustrating when you have been feeling good to feel like you are going backwards. 

Thanks so much Dave for your reply.  I was playing that game and trying to figure out what caused this wave, but there’s nothing I can think of.  I will just continue to hold and take care of myself the best I can.  Feeling a little better at the moment, but extremely exhausted.  I so appreciate your support.

Zoloft 50 mg Fall 2003-October 2016

I went up to 150 mg for several months during the winter of 2016 after going through a tough time trying to stabilize.

Lexapro 5 mg and then 10 mg October 2016-December 2016

Paxil December 2016 to present.  Started at 10 mg went up to 20 mg for three weeks and started reducing by 5mg every 2 weeks per doctors orders.  Got down to 7.5 mg and ran into trouble, found this website and updosed to 10 mg.

9mg paroxetine June 18-6.5 mg in am 2.5 mg pm.  

July 20 began switch to Citalopram-9 mg Paxil and 5 mg citalopram

July 24-7.5mg paroxetine and 7.5mg Citalopram 

July 27-5mg paroxetine and 10 citalopram 

July 30-2.5 paroxetine and 10 of Citalopram 

August 2-2mg paroxetine and 10mg Citalopram, dropped paroxetine Aug. 3

August 8 increased to 15 mg citalopram

Take 1mg lorazepam as needed and 3mg melatonin at night.

Whenever you try to figure out anything that happened, you're just being sucked deeper into the hole as you added resistence to the moment. Mental activity is a reaction to emotions. However, thought can't free you from emotions as they are two separate fields. 

The shortest path to freedom from desperation is to feel desperate when you're desperate.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

Thanks miT.  I guess I just need to allow myself to feel whatever it is I’m feeling and not try to fight it.  I will give it a go.

I went up to 150 mg for several months during the winter of 2016 after going through a tough time trying to stabilize.

Paxil December 2016 to present.  Started at 10 mg went up to 20 mg for three weeks and started reducing by 5mg every 2 weeks per doctors orders.  Got down to 7.5 mg and ran into trouble, found this website and updosed to 10 mg.

• 2 weeks later...

I could really use some support right now.  I have had really strong anxiety that started yesterday and is going even  stronger this morning.  I had been drinking Tulsi tea about a week ago, but stopped last Wednesday because my anxiety seemed to be getting worse.  I felt pretty good Friday and decided to taper a tiny bit on Saturday by .1 mg to see how I would do.  I started having increased anxiety Saturday evening, so went back to 7.5mg from 7.4 mg on Sunday.  Last night the anxiety started getting really bad and this morning is even worse.  I've been having a lot of neuro guilt about things from the past and it just won't let up even though I know it is from withdrawal -not me.  I don't remember ever feeling this bad, at least not for a very long time.  I am trying to accept it, but it doesn't seem to help.  I just feel so alone and scared right now.  Could the tiny drop for one day be causing this??  I feel like I am losing my mind.  Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hazel, I am so sorry you're going through this. I've found the yoga pose below helps me a lot with anxiety.

My favorite yoga position to help minimize the rapid heart beats is legs against the wall:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You don’t need to have your butt up against the wall like that for it go be effective. Feel free to make any adjustments your body finds necessary. Absolute form isn’t terribly important when it comes to finding some relief from the tachycardia or palpitations.  Lay with your hand on your belly and your heart and pay attention to your breath for a while. Alternately put your arms above your head like in the picture and breathe. I’ve done this for ten or even twenty minutes sometimes. It’s deeply restorative.

Update: (a friend and yoga teacher just gave me this tip for additional modification if needed) If folks can’t get their legs up the wall because their hamstrings are tight, they will have a similar effect by putting their lower legs on the seat of a chair. You can put a blanket underneath your heels if the chair is too hard.

On some days doing this can alter the course of the day for the better. It’s really quite wonderful when it works that way. Other times it might just make something really intolerable become somewhat tolerable. Some of these symptoms are very stubborn. Doing these exercises at bedtime is helpful too.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

1 hour ago, Hazel said:

I could really use some support right now.  I have had really strong anxiety that started yesterday and is going even  stronger this morning.  I had been drinking Tulsi tea about a week ago, but stopped last Wednesday because my anxiety seemed to be getting worse.  I felt pretty good Friday and decided to taper a tiny bit on Saturday by .1 mg to see how I would do.  I started having increased anxiety Saturday evening, so went back to 7.5mg from 7.4 mg on Sunday.  Last night the anxiety started getting really bad and this morning is even worse.  I've been having a lot of neuro guilt about things from the past and it just won't let up even though I know it is from withdrawal -not me.  I don't remember ever feeling this bad, at least not for a very long time.  I am trying to accept it, but it doesn't seem to help.  I just feel so alone and scared right now.  Could the tiny drop for one day be causing this??  I feel like I am losing my mind.  Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It is going to be ok Hazel, this is just temporary. I think you were simply not stable enough yet to attempt a drop. I would stay at 7.5 for a few months. You have been doing so well, why upset the apple cart again if you don't need to. You have been relatively stable at 7.5 and will get there again. 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

Thank you so much Gridley for the Yoga pose.  I am taking a warm bath right now and will try it after I get out.  Thank goodness I didn’t have to go to work today due to a huge spring snowstorm.

Dave, I so hope this passes soon.  I feel just horrible and a bit stupid for trying to taper when not stable.  I was hoping a small drop might be helpful to get me in the right direction-boy, was I wrong.

I so appreciate the support.  It can feel really lonely at times like this.  I told my husband I am having a hard time, but he clearly doesn’t get it. Thanks for the responses🙂

7 hours ago, Hazel said:

Hazel it’s just s little setback, you will be okay and it will pass like always. Hang in there hun.

Thinking of you  (((((hugs)))) 

1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg until 2014

-2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg Seraquel

-2015 tried tapering again and crashed

Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 6% per month doing daily micro-taper 

Guided by Mark Horowitz

24/09/23  14.47mg Seroquel.  16.19mg Paxil 

27/11/23.  12.13mg. Seroquel.   13.85mg Paxil

Thanks Cheeky.  unfortunately, I am still having a lot of anxiety and it isn’t getting better, so I am pretty worried.  I haven’t had anxiety this intense for as long as I can remember.  Not sure why it’s so bad, but trying to stay hopeful that it will pass soon.

3 hours ago, Hazel said:

Thanks Cheeky.  unfortunately, I am still having a lot of anxiety and it isn’t getting better, so I am pretty worried.  I haven’t had anxiety this intense for as long as I can remember.  Not sure why it’s so bad, but trying to stay hopeful that it will pass soon.

Hazel  please don’t be worried like I get, it could be due to anything, just remember it will pass like it always does. Xoxo

1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg until 2014

-2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg Seraquel

-2015 tried tapering again and crashed

Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 6% per month doing daily micro-taper 

Guided by Mark Horowitz

24/09/23  14.47mg Seroquel.  16.19mg Paxil 

27/11/23.  12.13mg. Seroquel.   13.85mg Paxil

Thank you Cheeky😊

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Hazel said:

I had been drinking Tulsi tea about a week ago, but stopped last Wednesday because my anxiety seemed to be getting worse.  

Could the tiny drop for one day be causing this??  

I think it is very unlikely that the tiny drop caused it, as it was an extremely tiny drop and only for one day, I doubt your system even noticed a change.  Worrying about it could be adding to your anxiety, though, so it might help to reassure yourself about this.

I do think it is possible that taking tulsi could be having some effect on your nervous system, although it is hard to know exactly how, especially as a system in withdrawal can react quite differently to things than a "normal" system.  I don't think we can say for sure one way or the other, but it might be best to avoid taking any more tulsi.  Also, check the rest of your diet for potentially stimulating things, such as coffee, tea, chocolate, guarana, coke, alcohol - even sugar can be very stimulating to some people.  When your system is in a very sensitive state, even little things can be enough to trigger anxiety symptoms.  (This might sound ridiculous but I once destabilised myself by drinking a cup of tea - yes, one cup of normal tea - I switched to decaf tea after that.)  Of course, you don't want to get really paranoid about everything you eat and drink, but it is definitely worth a look. 

I think at this point your best bet is to stay at 7.5mg for a good long while and wait to stabilise.  While you have had patches of feeling better, it's been quite up and down, which isn't really stable yet.  I know it's frustrating having to be so patient, but it will be worth it.  It's nice to think that tapers will be a regular x mg per month all the way, and it does go like that for some people, but for many of us it is not a regular by-the-calendar thing.  For example, during my paroxetine taper, I waited over 8 months at 6.3mg because I just wasn't stable enough to feel ready to continue tapering.  My other drops were at various different intervals but not nearly as long.  Sometimes your system just needs that extra time.

I'm sorry you're feeling intense anxiety, I know how awful that is.  Try some relaxation exercises if you can.  I used to do that inverted leg yoga pose and found it quite good - it stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system so it is calming.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Thank you Songbird for your reply.  It is very helpful.  It’s good to know that the tiny drop is not likely the cause for my current anxiety.  I would have to agree that the Tulsi tea must be giving me a bad reaction.  That is the only thing I can think of that I have added or done differently in the last few weeks. I have been trying to remind myself this is withdrawal symptoms and not the real me.  Today has been slightly better than yesterday, so I am hoping thing will continue to improve and I will hold at 7.5.  I have learned that pushing the taper just isn’t worth it.

Thank you again!

3 hours ago, Hazel said:

Thank you Songbird for your reply.  It is very helpful.  It’s good to know that the tiny drop is not likely the cause for my current anxiety.  I would have to agree that the Tulsi tea must be giving me a bad reaction.  That is the only thing I can think of that I have added or done differently in the last few weeks. I have been trying to remind myself this is withdrawal symptoms and not the real me.  Today has been slightly better than yesterday, so I am hoping thing will continue to improve and I will hold at 7.5.  I have learned that pushing the taper just isn’t worth it.

Thank you again!

Hopefully it just gets better from here. After thinking I was actually done with this and 80 - 90% better, I find myself back in the thick of it and bad as ever today...I just don't get it! So frustrating, but just letting you know I am right there with you and I understand it. 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

Thank you Dave.  I could almost cry reading this right now.  I hate that you are having a hard time of it as well, but it helps to know I am not alone.  I had to work today, so I am struggling to get through.  It just scares me because I don’t remember the anxiety being this intense and unrelenting.  I feel like I am getting worse than ever before.  I pray we both get relief very soon.  It is so frustrating and I know you understand exactly how I feel.  That is what is so helpful for me.  No one else in my life really understands just how hard this is.

On April 17, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Hazel said:

It’s good to know that the tiny drop is not likely the cause for my current anxiety.  I would have to agree that the Tulsi tea must be giving me a bad reaction.

Hello, 

I just came across this post this morning as I was looking for information about Tulsi Tea.. It is kinda ironic because I just had a very weird experience with this tea. I think you may be making the right decision to stay away/limit the tea for now, unless you take it on a regular. 

I have been drinking this tea for a long time.. about everyday for a month or more (its my favorite tea). I ran out of it though a few days ago and I started to feel off and yesterday got a bad headache and I could not fall sleep at all last night until 5:30 am! I feel very weird still..

I am pretty sure it’s from the tea because I had this ‘withdrawal’ a bit in the past and right after I drink the tea again I feel better. (I also do not do any alcohol, caffeine, drugs etc besides my antidepressant I’m tapering now).

I was surprised about this withdrawal because the reason I choose this tea was because it didn’t have caffeine. 

I googled Tulsi and it can help by reducing stress chemicals and etc... so I’m thinking that one can become ‘dependent’ on it’s calming agents  possibly...

Also I assume, antidepressants in the mix could amplified its effects

2014-2015. Was on Luvox for about a year or more. Withdrew to fast in only 2 months but felt fine. (highest dose was 800mg which is over 2x the maximum safe dose..tapered off 50mg every week). Was also on klonopin for a few months. Do not remember the details. 

(Klonopin 1 mg for a month, second time on it, in May 2016 and tapered .25mg through early aug)
(Tapered off Klonopin as i went on Luvox)  
-Off klonopin-
2016-present 
Back on Luvox in 2016 of June..(400 mg 8/26/2016).. (350mg 8/26/2016).. (300mg 09/04/2016).. (250mg 09/08/2016).. (tried to taper to 225mg 03/07/2017 didn't work).. (240mg  04/04/2017).. (230mg 04/27/2017).. (225mg 05/12/2017)...(223mg 09/28/2017)...(222mg 05/01/2018)...(220mg 05/21/2018)...(218mg 09/01/18)...(216mg 02/21/19)  (03/15/2019-08/30/19)had a serve drug interaction took a long time to recover and find the right dose)  (08/30/19 199mg)...(09/24/19 198mg) (feeling more human)
04/01/20-jan 75mg- 100mg... February 1st -present.. about 116mg a day
had terrible suicidal thoughts from the effects of drugs for 6 months - has gotten better but at times can return at times

• Administrator

Hazel, you might go back to 8mg for a good while, such as 6 months. Paxil is a bear to quit.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Raye said:

Hello, 

I just came across this post this morning as I was looking for information about Tulsi Tea.. It is kinda ironic because I just had a very weird experience with this tea. I think you may be making the right decision to stay away/limit the tea for now, unless you take it on a regular. 

I have been drinking this tea for a long time.. about everyday for a month or more (its my favorite tea). I ran out of it though a few days ago and I started to feel off and yesterday got a bad headache and I could not fall sleep at all last night until 5:30 am! I feel very weird still..

I am pretty sure it’s from the tea because I had this ‘withdrawal’ a bit in the past and right after I drink the tea again I feel better. (I also do not do any alcohol, caffeine, drugs etc besides my antidepressant I’m tapering now).

I was surprised about this withdrawal because the reason I choose this tea was because it didn’t have caffeine. 

I googled Tulsi and it can help by reducing stress chemicals and etc... so I’m thinking that one can become ‘dependent’ on it’s calming agents  possibly...

Also I assume, antidepressants in the mix could amplified its effects

Good to know, Raye.  I have decided to stay away from it altogether while in withdrawal.  It was the only change I had made during that time, so I feel it contributed to that bad wave.  Reading your experience only convinces me of it more.

41 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hazel, you might go back to 8mg for a good while, such as 6 months. Paxil is a bear to quit.

I tried going up in my dose to 8mg a little over a month ago and the anxiety got much worse.  It seems like my system is super sensitive right now to any little change, so I plan to just hold at 7.5 for 6 months or so.  Believe me, if I thought it would help, I would definitely go up to 8 and hold.

• Administrator

Staying at 7.5mg might be a good idea. One of our principles is: If you get withdrawal symptoms, stop tapering and maybe updose a little.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Alostrata.  Do you think the reason I am having such a hard time stabilizing on  the Paxil is because I was on Zoloft for 13 years prior to being switched to Lexapro for 10 weeks and then to Paxil?  I just can’t help but wonder if most of theses withdrawal symptoms are from going off Zoloft too quickly.

Thanks,

Hazel

• Administrator

Going on and off psychiatric drugs is wearing on your nervous system and may make it more vulnerable to withdrawal difficulties. However, Paxil is among the most difficult SSRIs to go off.

20 hours ago, Hazel said:

Thanks Alostrata.  Do you think the reason I am having such a hard time stabilizing on  the Paxil is because I was on Zoloft for 13 years prior to being switched to Lexapro for 10 weeks and then to Paxil?  I just can’t help but wonder if most of theses withdrawal symptoms are from going off Zoloft too quickly.

Thanks,

Hazel

Are you still doing a little better Hazel, has the worst of the latest wave passed?

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Going on and off psychiatric drugs is wearing on your nervous system and may make it more vulnerable to withdrawal difficulties. However, Paxil is among the most difficult SSRIs to go off.

So would you agree she is better continuing to try and stabilize on Paxil rather than switching to Zoloft?

Hi Dave, thanks for checking in.  I was in a wave Saturday night through today, but am starting to get relief from the anxiety.  I think this whole process is really wearing me down.  I am exhausted today and just feeling really “blah”.

How are you feeling today?

21 minutes ago, Hazel said:

Hi Dave, thanks for checking in.  I was in a wave Saturday night through today, but am starting to get relief from the anxiety.  I think this whole process is really wearing me down.  I am exhausted today and just feeling really “blah”.

How are you feeling today?

Doing a little better today, process has worn me down for sure! At least today has been better than the last few, so hopefully this wave where my days just got worse and worse is starting to subside. 

That’s great to hear, Dave.  I would say it sounds like a good sign things are getting better😊

• Administrator
3 hours ago, DaveB said:

So would you agree she is better continuing to try and stabilize on Paxil rather than switching to Zoloft?

There have been a lot of drug switches. Hazel did not do better on Prozac so it's hard to see why she should switch to Zoloft. However, I don't have a crystal ball, so I can't predict these things.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hazel said:

What brought me here initially was I was going through the nightmare of trying to find an AD that worked after coming off of Zoloft too quickly.  I had tried Lexapro, which was awful and then got switched to Paxil.  I felt better after initially coming off the Lexapro, but started feeling awful again as I increased the Paxil.  I finally had enough of AD’s and decided to taper off.  Unfortunately I was told to come off to quickly, but thankfully found SA and was able to go up a little more in my dose and somewhat stabilize.  I only wish I had found this site years ago, but am grateful I found it at all.  I hate to think where I would be if I hadn’t.

Hazel

Hazel, why would Zoloft be preferable? Did you have withdrawal symptoms when you were on Paxil in late December 2016? What drug or drugs were you taking when your withdrawal symptoms started?

I don’t want to switch to Zoloft at this point.  I’m sure it is too late for that.  I was just curious if the withdrawal I am experiencing is mainly from a too fast taper from Zoloft since I haven’t tapered much from the Paxil in the past year.

I feel like I have been in withdrawal since coming off the Zoloft in October 2016.  Once I got up to 20 mg of Paxil I started getting anxiety symptoms again, so decided to come off it.  I started tapering too quickly and got down to 7.5 mg when the anxiety started getting bad and went back up a little to 10 mg and started a 10%taper after finding this site.  I really don’t feel like I have been stable for more than a week or so since on the Paxil.

• Administrator

Paxil is a very difficult drug to go off. It sounds like since you came off Zoloft, you have been continually changing drugs and dosages. Tthe nervous system needs stability, drug changes are destabilizing, and whatever you do, you need to do it very gradually.

What is your daily symptom pattern? I see ChessieCat asked you to keep notes last year.

I keep notes in my paper journal.  I typically wake up with morning anxiety anywhere between 1:30 and 4:00 am.  The anxiety typically goes away around 10:00, but on bad days sticks around most of the day.  I tend to feel better in the evening before bed, so fall asleep ok most nights.  I have had some sleepless nights here and there.  I have also had days and nights where I feel completely normal and would say that typically happens twice a week-usually Friday and Saturday.

Hope that helps.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Hazel said:

I keep notes in my paper journal.  I typically wake up with morning anxiety anywhere between 1:30 and 4:00 am.  The anxiety typically goes away around 10:00, but on bad days sticks around most of the day.  I tend to feel better in the evening before bed, so fall asleep ok most nights.  I have had some sleepless nights here and there.  I have also had days and nights where I feel completely normal and would say that typically happens twice a week-usually Friday and Saturday.

Hope that helps.

Thats so good that you’re having times where you feel completely normal Hazel. Really good that you’re sleeping too. 

One day at a time, in this battle to get our brains back.

Take care xxx

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Administrator

What time of day do you take Paxil? What happens on Fridays and Saturdays that's different?

You may wish to take magnesium, glycine, taurine, or a baby aspirin when you wake up at night. They tend to be calming.

5 hours ago, Carmie said:

Thats so good that you’re having times where you feel completely normal Hazel. Really good that you’re sleeping too. 

One day at a time, in this battle to get our brains back.

Take care xxx

Thanks Carmie,

I try to be grateful that I get some sleep at least, but lately it’s usually 3-5 hours and that’s not nearly enough for me.  I know there are some people who can’t sleep at all, so I am lucky to be getting some sleep.  I do appreciate the fact I get a couple good days throughout the week, they just seem to pass too quickly.  I think I am just getting burnt out from this whole withdrawal process.  It feels never ending at this point.  

Thank you for your kind words and support.  It really helps during this difficult time xxx

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What time of day do you take Paxil? What happens on Fridays and Saturdays that's different?

You may wish to take magnesium, glycine, taurine, or a baby aspirin when you wake up at night. They tend to be calming.

I take Paxil in the morning.  

I think Friday and Saturday tend to be better since I don’t have to get up early on the weekend, so there is less pressure to get sleep since I don’t have to get up early in the morning.  Weekdays tend to be stressful with getting up early and getting myself ready for work and my kids up and ready for school.

I’ve been going to bed with magnesium water next to the bed, so I can drink it when My wake during the night.  It does help sometimes.

I really appreciate your feedback, Alostrata and all you do.  This website has been a lifeline for me and so supportive through this difficult process.

I just don’t know what to do anymore.  I guess there’s really nothing to do but wait this out.  I haven’t slept much since Friday night.  Last night I barely slept at all the anxiety is so horrible.  It’s getting to be that time of month for me and I know that seems to intensify my symptoms, so I am hoping that is the reason for this current wave.  Sorry to go on like this, but I am really losing hope of ever getting stable.  This is such a nightmare😔

• Moderator Emeritus
44 minutes ago, Hazel said:

I just don’t know what to do anymore.  I guess there’s really nothing to do but wait this out.  I haven’t slept much since Friday night.  Last night I barely slept at all the anxiety is so horrible.  It’s getting to be that time of month for me and I know that seems to intensify my symptoms, so I am hoping that is the reason for this current wave.  Sorry to go on like this, but I am really losing hope of ever getting stable.  This is such a nightmare😔

I’m so sorry Hazel that you’re going through such a big wave at the moment. This really is the hardest thing any of us will ever go through.

I wish I could take away your pain, but as you said the only thing any of us can do when we are in a wave is wait it out. Time is the only thing that helps.

I haven’t tried it as yet but when I have the money I’m going to get a weighted blanket, I hear they are good for comforting ourselves. 

Sending you BIG, BIG hugs XXXX

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.