Pennylane34

Pennylane34 My recovery story 2011- 2017

DaveWales

Hi penny, can you give me more details on your environmental illness's please. Like, what did you suffer from? How bad, what did you do to help it etc? 

DaveWales

Also Penny, I too was put on this poison as a teenager at the advice of my parents. Out relationship has been great all through my life. However, now I know the damage this drug has caused Im really struggling not to shout at them "WTF were you thinking!!! you've ruined my life you dumb Bas$ards". I am also suffering PTSD about this aspect now, and wondered if you had any advice or anything? Anyway, I hope your doing well and getting better each day. 

Carley
On 2017-04-20 at 11:51 PM, Distraut said:

Tootsieroll, that is SO reassuring to hear!  Thank you for giving me hope that this will clear with time!

How long did it continue for you?  Did it gradually diminish?  How do you test for cortisol levels?

Sorry for all the questions, but any information you could give me about this horrible affliction would be most welcome.  I hate to see him suffer like this.

I have struggled with OCD it is horrible. Exposure and Response Therapy was very helpful. Guided meditation is fantastic. I would find one on youtube, lay in bed and just listen. Another thing is to find a hobby that uses both sides of the brain. Something that you can't think about OCD while doing. Cross stitching worked well for me because I had to focus and count stitches.