Jump to content
Daisies24

Difference between Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and just a hypersensitized nervous system?

Recommended Posts

Daisies24   
Daisies24

Hi everyone. I was just wondering . . .  Does anyone know what the difference is between having Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, versus a hypersensitized nervous system to certain foods, supplements, herbs, medications, etc.?

 

My face gets swollen, puffy, itchy and red whenever I eat certain foods or am around certain scents/chemicals (e.g, my husband’s strong-smelling shampoo and body wash, etc.). Certain chemical smells, foods, and supplements make my chest feel tight and my neck feel very sore. I get rashes from things like my own shampoos I have always used with no problem, or sometimes from my daughter’s baby food if I get some of it on my skin. And, I get rashes/hives/facial swelling/ear pressure from almost any supplement, vitamin, herb, or medication. I don’t know if this is a hypersensitized nervous system, or actual MCS?

 

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me understand; you are much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaywill   
Jaywill

I am not sure but have been suffering for 5 years. Neural Dynamic Training and Alkalyzing my system has helped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junglechicken   
Junglechicken

Will have to look into "Neural Dynamic Training", sounds interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raito   
Raito

In my experience, some foods, especially the ones high in glutammate, seem to stimulate my nervous system more than others. 

Not to mention salty ones and refined sugars! 

I'm not allergic to anything but I just seem to be sensitive... I've been suggested to avoid milk proteins as well as gluten, and I think I'll definitely stick to such a diet! I don't know about alcohol and caffeine because I had extreme reactions to them before taking my first drug ever, so it wouldn't be wise to try now... Caffeine would make me hyper aroused and alcohol almost ineffective.

 

I don't seem to have issues with chemical products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveWales   
DaveWales
On 26/04/2017 at 0:16 PM, Daisies24 said:

Hi everyone. I was just wondering . . .  Does anyone know what the difference is between having Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, versus a hypersensitized nervous system to certain foods, supplements, herbs, medications, etc.?

 

My face gets swollen, puffy, itchy and red whenever I eat certain foods or am around certain scents/chemicals (e.g, my husband’s strong-smelling shampoo and body wash, etc.). Certain chemical smells, foods, and supplements make my chest feel tight and my neck feel very sore. I get rashes from things like my own shampoos I have always used with no problem, or sometimes from my daughter’s baby food if I get some of it on my skin. And, I get rashes/hives/facial swelling/ear pressure from almost any supplement, vitamin, herb, or medication. I don’t know if this is a hypersensitized nervous system, or actual MCS?

 

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me understand; you are much appreciated!

Hi daisies, how are you getting on with this? Did it start straight away with you or come later? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daisies24   
Daisies24

Thanks for the helpful responses. I ordered those Neural Dynamic Training DVDs, and I will keep working on changing my diet.

 

DaveWales, my hypersensitivities began about 3 months after I stopped Prozac CT. I read your intro thread where you said you seem to be allergic to the sea--oddly, I am on vacation in Florida right now, and I, too, have become allergic to the ocean water! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
btdt   
btdt

I am not sure there is any difference as they seem to be the same thing to me just ones seems to come first.. the other later or I noticed the hypersensitivity first... as it was more obvious to me.  The chemical thing I would have a shower and have to go to bed to recover .. my eye would be red like I had shampoo in them and I was so very careful to keep soap far from my eye... I would put on deoderant and feel confused... only after I was in the later stages did the deoderant bother me.. only after years of not wanting to shower or showering only when I could go to bed after..then cleaners made me sick really sick previously they just made me nauseated or feel dizzy or confused... it all snowballed food had been a problem early on water mellon walnuts... I thought I had got over that... but later food problems came back big... mouth blisters extreme gastro issues... it showballs they call it spreading as with mcs it starts out slow and if it is ignored it spreads to more and more reactions to more and more things and it really sucks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveWales   
DaveWales
On 04/07/2017 at 4:08 AM, Daisies24 said:

Thanks for the helpful responses. I ordered those Neural Dynamic Training DVDs, and I will keep working on changing my diet.

 

DaveWales, my hypersensitivities began about 3 months after I stopped Prozac CT. I read your intro thread where you said you seem to be allergic to the sea--oddly, I am on vacation in Florida right now, and I, too, have become allergic to the ocean water! 

Hi dasies, what do you mean? I get slightly itchy skin, maybe, the jury's out at the moment. It could have been my wetsuit, but time will tell i guess. I'm so scared at the moment as my job involves going in the sea. How are you doing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daisies24   
Daisies24

To me, whenever I feel itchy from something, I just tend to call it being "allergic," so I apologize if that is not the right word to use. Also, I may not have remembered what I read on your thread correctly. Regardless, I do also get itchy skin now when I am in the ocean, which I never got before. It is bothersome enough that this time I didn't really want to go swimming in the ocean, which I normally love more than anything! I am sorry that you experiencing this; hopefully whatever is causing the itchy skin is something that will go away in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveWales   
DaveWales
On 06/07/2017 at 1:32 PM, Daisies24 said:

To me, whenever I feel itchy from something, I just tend to...

Hi dasies, im sorry to hear about this for you too. Im really struggling at the moment with tasting chemicals, and some rashes. Has this improved for you? What did you do? Please tell me more about ur journey. Regards dave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.