Sign in to follow this  
camomille

Math pros! Need help calculating!

camomille

Please, anyone good at math, need help calculating:

My 25 mg Zoloft pills weighs between 0.214 and 0.219 mg.

I use a Gemini scale that weighs 10 - 001 gr. I have estimated an average weight of pills to 0.217 mg.

If I want to decrease 1.01% from 0.217 how much should the pill weigh?

To clarify: how much is 0.217 minus 1.01%?

I have been doing a liquid taper from pills but I cant tolerate the fast absorbtion and now I want to transfer to using a digital scale.

Please anyone?

Thanks a million ❤️

brassmonkey

A 1% reduction of a 217mg tablet will be 214mg which falls in the range of the weight of the pills you're working with.  So you will have to weigh each pill individually and multiply that weight by .99 to get the dose weight.

The final 0.01% is going to be very hard to do.  The amounts you'd be working with are so small and the scales just aren't accurate enough.  You could by ones that are but you're looking at 10-15K dollars.  If you divide 217mgpw (pill weight) by 25mgai Active ingredient) you get 1mgai of Zoloft for every 8.6mgpw.  So 1mgpw will give you 0.11mgai.

So using the original weight of 217mgpw and reducing to 213mgpw, doing very careful measurements, it could be possible to get a reduction of 1.1% using your scales (still not the number you're after).  However, there is an accuracy issue with the scales when you start to get that fine.  For accuracy and fine tuning you can't beat the liquid methods.

The big question is, is that 0.01% really all that important?

camomille

Thank you so much, that is helping and reassuring me so much!

I wake up every night a couple of hours after taking my liquid with a panicky start and screeching tinnitus. I did not react like this when I took the pill. So maybe I will consider going back on pills and later on at the smaller doses again return to liquid.

You are the best in this group!