SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Oran: Is this "normal" or common in withdrawal?

Oran

Hello everyone,

I'm not quite sure which topic the following issue and question belongs to .. so please let me know if I should post this in another topic / category.

As described in my signature, I completely stopped ingesting venlafaxine after about 3 months of tapering - I know, too fast, I was never informed about withdrawals or the need of a slower taper by my physician. One week after the last pill, various withdrawal symtoms such as brain fog, blurred/limited or "constrained" vision, OCD, tiredness and vertigo all appeared at once. Everything lasted for about 1 month and then, like all of a sudden, the withdrawals just stopped or became much milder. This period, which I like to refer to as my withdrawal "honeymoon," lasted for about 2 weeks. After this, the withdrawal symtoms started to come back, yet this time much more severe. I don't know if it has to do with the 2-3 glasses of champagne I had in New Years (I doubt so), but ever since they came back, they have slowly gotten worse. In the beginning I could still work, see friends and do other things people do in the leisure time but now I am on the sick list since three months, I can barely go or stay outside very long because all my symtoms (especially my visual symtoms) gets worse and my body and brain gets tired really fast. I am home most of the time. I try to exercise and to go out but my symptoms allow me to do very little things before it gets too hard for me.

Now I ask you people who know this better than me - is it common for the symptoms to get worse over a period of time (for several weeks/months) before things hopefully turns around and you start feeling better again? 

I know that I may be a little messy in my explanation and I have certainly posted this in the wrong topic, but please know that I am suffering from a bad brain fog and that I am trying my best.

I have already visited an ophthalmologist and I did get my brain scanned and they could find nothing. Still, I'm worried that there may be something else that causes my symptoms, which in turn was caused by effexor.

PS -I have tried several supplements and have found that soy protein powder and magnesium tables relieves some of my symtoms.

Thank you all in advance, and sorry for the messy text! 

Edited by scallywag
update title with member's new username

I started Effexor/venlafaxin august 2014: 1st year 75 mg 2nd year 37.5 mg.

Taper: first try 37.5 to 0 in one month. Second try: 18.75 to 0 in two months.

Completely off effexor since 26-11-2016 with severe withdrawals such as blurred/constrained vision, brain fog and vertigo.

It was normal for me! I cold turkeyed off of 40mg of Paxil after 16 yrs use (had no idea I should not have done that) and for 2 months I felt great! Really normal and then all of a sudden everything got wayyyyyyy worse. Eventually things broke up in to windows and waves. Things get better, but it takes time.

Some supplements also make things much worse. Your nervous system is revved up and you need to heal.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

It was normal for me! I cold turkeyed off of 40mg of Paxil after 16 yrs use (had no idea I should not have done that) and for 2 months I felt great! Really normal and then all of a sudden everything got wayyyyyyy worse. Eventually things broke up in to windows and waves. Things get better, but it takes time.

Some supplements also make things much worse. Your nervous system is revved up and you need to heal.

Thank you coldturkmama, I am glad to hear that things got better for you! But hey, once the symtoms hit you, did they get slowly get worse over a period of time? Yeah I know, some supplements have only worsened my symtoms. 

Completely off effexor since 26-11-2016 with severe withdrawals such as blurred/constrained vision, brain fog and vertigo.

Is there anyone else who can reply to my question, have your experience, or someone's you know, been the same or similar?

yes.

for me, symptoms did come and go, but it was never good enough in those "good periods".

what i call a good period is being willing to try to get better.
it's the worst when the apathy/anhedonia hits and then i'm not even willing to try.
tell me, is it normal not to be willing to get better, to recover from something that's destroying you ?
for me, it's not normal to be apathetic about your mental condition that looks like THIS.
so i'm trying to make myself not to give up all the time, but i did somehow and that's bothering me right now, so now i'm in a bad period, again.

if anything, i don't feel hopeless anymore. at least it's not extremely strong in the last couple of days.
or maybe it's the consequence of not feeling or thinking anything, i have no idea really.

it comes and goes i guess, at least for me.

edit: i was using olanzapine, the antipsychotic.

My withdrawal journey (click)

"If you're going through hell - keep going".

ImadB,

Sometimes some symptoms get worse while others get better, sometimes symptoms will disappear, sometimes new symptoms will appear. This seems to be rather normal for people going through withdrawals. I haven't been on ADs since December, and I've been off anti anxiety meds since early April. I'll be coming off my birth control in about a week or so. This all started in October for me. There are times when it's still hard to comprehend what's going on and if I'll ever get better, but hang in there!! Symptoms can get worse, but inevitably they will get better! Just hold on through one more moment, whether it's 10 minutes, 2 hours, or 1 full day. You can do this! The people here will support you and help you through hard times, but you have that inner strength that will keep you going too! You got this!

Apathetic,

I understand what you're going through. Frequently I feel the same way and have wondered if anyone else felt the same. Having no thoughts going through your mind at times and not feeling like you really care about your well being, just existing and going with it. It'll pass :) You'll get better in time, just do what you can for now! You don't feel hopeless anymore, and I believe that's a step forward! Just give your brain some time to heal further and it'll be better!

- 2010 Fluoxetine 20mg (no issues, did well)
- Mid 2012 Switched to Celexa 20mg (no issues with switch)
- 6/16 Stopped Celexa (always took med once every other day, tapered to once every three days for about a week and a half, took one a week for one week, no problems)
- 10/20/16 Started Celexa 20mg (next day had panic attacks, stopped after three days, kept having panic attacks and anxiety rest of the month)
- 10/28/16 Started Paxil 20mg (took for almost a week, had suicidal thoughts/severe derealization, tapered off to one every other day for a few days)
- 12/8/16 Buspirone 5mg twice daily (felt drowsy but kept anxiety under wraps, still taking it)
- 12/27/16 Venlafaxine XR 37.5mg (took two days, migraine first day, headache all day second day, third day had severe depression/outbursts of crying, couldn't stop most of the day, bad invasive thoughts, never took third dose because of it)
- 1/7/17 taper Buspirone 20% (miscalculation but doing well), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month to almost half each pill

- 2/3/17 taper Buspirone 2.5mg twice daily (did fine, listened to body), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month

* Aromatherapy 100% oils in diffuser every night *

* Morning stretching routine every day *

I'm sorry, I didn't see your question before. The answer is YES. They kept getting worse and worse.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

I'm sorry, I didn't see your question before. The answer is YES. They kept getting worse and worse.

Thank you Coldturkmama, I appreciate you answering my question, every kind of support is much appreciated in times like these!

Big hug from Sweden

/Imad

You are welcome! They eventually broke up in to windows and waves.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Ever since I took the last pill of Effexor (8 months ago), my symptoms have slowly gotten worse by every week. My brain fog, or "extreme blank mind," which is my absolute worst symtom, is getting worse by every day and it literaly feels like I am going to loose my mind any day now - it is very hard to process any proper thoughts or memories, and my cognitive functions or non-existent.. I am very scared right now.. I am so scared that my WD might have triggered some type of autoimmune disease that is slowly developing.. I can barely go outside, watch movies or listen to music anymore because all activities aggravates my already existing symptoms and I become even more mentally exhausted.

I have been to several doctors but they cannot find anything.. I even ad a CT-scan twice.

Can all this really be SSRI withdrawal? and is it common for mental symtoms such as brain fog to still get worse 8 months off?

this suffering is unreal to me..

A lot of people get delayed withdrawal several months after they get off.  (Do a search on this site and you will find a topic/thread dealing with that.)  Also, I think too that maybe because you are scared, your fear is ramping up your central nervous system, making your symptoms even worse.  It's important to try and stay calm. There are also tips on how to do that on this forum.

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

How do you describe your brain fog? Im confused, some people say their memory is terrible but i find mine to be ok, i still call what i have brain fog because i feel sedated, things look unrealistic like i'm on dope and i feel like im in limbo, with no mental clarity, is that how you feel? Are you taking anything for it? My general doctor and some people here recommend fish oil, amazon have many natural pills for mental clarity and brain fog too, and according to so many reviews they seem to help.

Took 600 mg of trileptal (2 pills) every night and 300 mg (1 pill) in the morning for almost 3 months

took 1 mg of risperdal at night and half pill in the morning for 1 month

these are the only 2 drugs i've ever taken.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Symptoms getting worse 8 monts off effexor - normal?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Cold-turkey is the discontinuation method with the greatest risk of withdrawal symptoms, delayed withdrawal and protracted withdrawal.

Good news and bad news all in one sentence:

What you describe, ImadB, -- intensifying "cog fog" after some months -- is not uncommon in withdrawal.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

2 minutes ago, scallywag said:

Cold-turkey is the discontinuation method with the greatest risk of withdrawal symptoms, delayed withdrawal and protracted withdrawal.

Good news and bad news all in one sentence:

What you describe, ImadB, -- intensifying "cog fog" after some months -- is not uncommon in withdrawal.

Im lost, what is cog fog? Isn't it the same thing as derealization? And what is protracted withdrawal? I've been having these symptoms for 5 weeks since i stopped the drugs, also is it common to have pain and pressure in the ears and eyes?

Took 600 mg of trileptal (2 pills) every night and 300 mg (1 pill) in the morning for almost 3 months

• Moderator Emeritus

cog fog = low cognitive function: difficulty remembering and/or understanding.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I suffer from brain fog in that way, and consider it a feeling of derealization as well. Its crappy for sure!!

I have terrible pressure in my ears. What do yours feels like? Ive had it since I quit Celexa a year and 5 months ago. 

Current age - 29

At Ages 16- 20 Celexa 40 mg 

2014- September through February of 2016 ( 18 months) Celexa 20 mg

Tapered for Several months

Celexa free since February of 2016

12 minutes ago, Kalinia said:

I suffer from brain fog in that way, and consider it a feeling of derealization as well. Its crappy for sure!!

I have terrible pressure in my ears. What do yours feels like? Ive had it since I quit Celexa a year and 5 months ago. 

Have you been having brain fog for a whole year? omg that must be so furstrating for you☹️ Do you work? How do you cope to do things on the daily basis?

All of my symptoms come in what they call on here waves and windows. Sometimes I feel practically normal and then others I feel like this :(

I work for myself. I have an established online business so that makes things easier for me! I've taken months off at a time though due to hyperthyroid swings. 

The brain fog comes and goes thankfully! My husband quit celexa two months after me and has terrible waves of brain fog but he'd better this year that last. The waves suck though! Wishing you the best! 

Current age - 29

At Ages 16- 20 Celexa 40 mg 

2014- September through February of 2016 ( 18 months) Celexa 20 mg

Tapered for Several months

Celexa free since February of 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all so much for your replies, I appreciate it so much. It's comforting to hear that it is not uncommon, even if I am suffering really bad. I guess I have more of a cog fog but I cannot tell the difference really, sometimes it feels like I have all symtoms combined. Anyway, I hope to see it go away soon. Thank you 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

Today I had my eyes checked.. The doctor used "tropicamide" (an anticholinergic) on my eyes to dilate my pupils and I am scared to death that I might have kindled my nervous system. Apparently its a strong medicine that can have some side effects.. I am already suffering really bad wd symtoms since 10 months.. Anyone else ever got this in treatment? God I am so scared I might have made things worse..

Apparently its molecular structure (C17H20N2O2) is close to effexor's (C17H27NO2)...I dont know if that means anything bu I am so scared to death that 10 months suffering of wd and recovery was all for nothing.. And that I have to do it all again.. please, anyone who knows these stuff, tell me im not screwed..???? 1f615.png:/ 1f641.png:( 1f641.png:(

• ChessieCat changed the title to Tropicamide - risk of kindling my CNS?
  • Administrator

Did you have a reaction to this tropicamide? If not, there's nothing to worry about.

I believe eye doctors use it because it has a very limited, local effect.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to ImadB: Is this "normal" or common in withdrawal?
  • Administrator

Imadb, do you suffer from health anxiety? 

As Madeleine put it so well, 

Also, I think too that maybe because you are scared, your fear is ramping up your central nervous system, making your symptoms even worse.  It's important to try and stay calm. 

Have you looked at 

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms 

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

and other topics in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum?

Does your fog get worse at any particular time of day? Has it changed since you first posted in April?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Did you have a reaction to this tropicamide? If not, there's nothing to worry about.

I believe eye doctors use it because it has a very limited, local effect.

My reaction was that I was feeling extremely revved up for 1-2 days, but nothing serious. My concern is what I am gong to feel in a week or two. The tropicamide was clearly affecting my noradrenaline and according to a woman I spoke to from the Swedish FDA, the tropicamide can inhibit the release of noradrenaline in some peoples brains, which is why my levels then got heightened and I was feeling revved up. I am very scared that it has mimicked the effect of Effexor because after the tropicamide some of my symtoms were less severe for 5-6 hours, as if I had "reinstated." So I'm scared that Ive affected me recovery/rewiring process negatively. Then again, they are two very different preparates and to my knowledge tropicamide doesn't act on any other neurotransmitters, so I pray right now that things won't get worse. 

Yes, I think I do have health anxiety too, Alto, but this whole situation has gotten me sincerely worried. Anyway, I will have a good look at those links, I'm sure I'll find many helpful tips. Thank you for sharing them!

• Administrator

Don't worry about the effects of the tropicamide.

Going on and off psychiatric drugs can make your nervous system hypersensitive to many drugs, supplements, and even food. Reactions usually go away in a day or two, stay calm and ride them out if they happen.

You will learn to manage your symptoms, don't worry. It seems mysterious now, but you'll become familiar with your pattern.

Thank you Altostrata, I'll try not to worry. 

I've noticed that, I'm sensitive to absolutely everything. I'm only starting to notice a pattern. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I live in Sweden and the lowest possible dose lamotrigine that be prescribed is 25 mg. I've realized that I'd have to get a jeweler's scale in order to cut it down to 0.5 - 4mg - do you think it's doable or risky to do so? Also, do you know if it's common with adverse reactions from lamotrigine? Thank you in advance! 

• Moderator Emeritus

ImadB,

See Post #1 in this topic tips-for-tapering-off-lamictal-lamotrigine.  Towards the bottom of the post there is information about making your own liquid. 

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hello everyone. I've been in a miserable state for 11 months straight with no windows or any signs of improvement yet. I've been told that some people have successfully reinstated when they've been this long time off and I'd like to know more about this. Could a successful reinstatement and slow taper help my body recover? And not prolong my healing process? That's my biggest fear, that I'll only prolong the whole process. Once I'm off the meds again. Today I am hypersensitive, I can't tolerate any supplements except for small amounts of magnesium, so I am a bit nervous but I've been homebound for several months now and it's driving me mad. I cannot watch TV, listen to music, have a proper conversation or do anything that could help me get distracted because my brain is fatigued/over sensitive. I'm slowly being strangled here..   Anyone else out there who could share their experiences with me/us about their late reinstatement? 

sketch-1509437215563.png

Hi everyone, I've been in a miserable state for 10 months with no signs of improvement or windows. I've been trying to read about other people's experiences  with reinstatement but my brain fog is making it extremely hard to 1. Understand what I've read and 2. To remember it.. I my questions are: could a successful reinstatement actually help my brain recover or would it be more like procrastinating the recovery? I mean, I am still getting worse. I feel like my mental/cognitive symtoms are still worsening by every week... Should I consider a reinstatement? My symtoms got worse after I had alcohol on new years. I was feeling better before that. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi ImadB, I've moved your recent post back into your introduction thread and would ask that you post all question relating to your particular situation here so that moderators can see that you need assistance.  

In my opinion, when a person has been suffering long-term from withdrawal with no clear indication that they are getting better, I think it is best to attempt a reinstatement of a very small dose of the drug that started the withdrawal, in your case it looks like you were taking Effexor.  I am currently tapering from Effexor and based on my experience, I would never discontinue this drug without a careful and cautious taper.  From what I understand Effexor has a reputation for being very difficult to withdrawal from and even though I have been tapering carefully, I still do experience mild withdrawal symptoms that took me quite a bit of time to get used to managing.  

The goal of reinstatement is to start at a very small dose, somewhere in the 1-5mg range depending on a number of factors.  Because you have been off of Effexor since November 2016 as reinstatement may not necessarily be successful, but as I mentioned, when symptoms don't resolve over a period of time, it is often the only way to help alleviate the symptoms.  Some people are successful reinstating a small amount after being off the drug for a long time and are eventually able to taper back off safely and minimize their withdrawal symptoms. 

I would encourage you to have a look at the reinstatement link so that you are fully aware of the benefits and risks in your situation.  If after reading the reinstatement topic, you are open to reinstating a very small amount of Effexor, please post back here in your introduction thread and we can make specific recommendations as to what dose you could start on.  

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms
What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)

Edited by baroquep

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

Hey I reinstated after 30 days of no improvement and constant worry. The dose I used was 5 mg and it had such a strong effect it worked just an hour or so after I took it. If I was 10 months like you I'd be very careful with how much I reinstate since you've pretty much adapted without it. Also if you are like me you will notice a chage of how you were before and after the drug is administered. I'm willing to bet that it will effect you very fast, these drugs are really strong. I wouldn't risk even 5 mg defiinetly start as low as you can. One guy replied in my introduction thread that he renstated 10 mg of Paxil after 7 months and he felt like he was gonna die so yeah go really slow with reinstatments.

Stimulaton 50mg 28.11.2008 - 01.11.2011

PAXIL (Xetanor) 40mg;  30.11.2011 - 19.09.2017

Tapered : 19.09.2017 - 29.09.2017 20mg

Tapered : 30.09.2017 - 10.10.2017 5mg 

Reinstated : 03.11.2017;  5mg

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Krasiyan, thank you for emphasizing the importance of starting at a very low dose.  Oftentimes, even a low dose of 1mg is enough to help alleviate existing withdrawal symptoms.  It is best to start low and titrate up only if necessary to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms and the lower the dose, the better.  

Edited by baroquep

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

Hello again! I've been reading as much as I can on late reinstatements and I must say that it does scare me. It's Russian roulette, it could help me get better but it could also make me much, much worse. I've been thinking about it and the reality is that I am over sensitive to everything. My brain does not tolerate any supplements at all (I've tried almost everything), not even a small amount (40-50 mg) of magnesium of any type. That's what's making me think that a reinstatement will only do worse - I am Hypersensitive. I've also tried to read about Lamictal and it seems to be a bit less dangerous than effexor for people in hypersensitive withdrawal. What do you people think? Is there a smaller risk of kindling if I'd start a super low dose of Lamictal instead to calm my wd symtoms down? I really need help and I have to do something because I can't live like this anymore - I'm becoming seriously depressed because of my symtoms. 

Oh and i forgot to ask: I am 11 m off and every since January this year my mental/cognitive symtoms have slowly gotten worse. I am sensing a worsening of my memory, cognitive and emotional symtoms every third day. It's not halting, it just keeps on getting worse.. Is this really normal in withdrawal? My world is shrinking every day and everything looks dead and lifeless to me with no memories attached to it.. I am experiencing my worst nightmare a million times over.. I don't know who or where I am anymore. Could this be something else than wd?? Most people say that they're symtoms been the same for a longer period of time before it got better for them but my mental symtoms  just keeps on getting worse.. Could this an inflammation in the brain or something? 

FOr what i have read, and I have read a lot,  the worsening of the symptoms is totally common in withdrawal. Effexxor is one of the most potents and dangerous Antidepressants on the market. I hope some of our moderators come soon to give you some advices on how to proceed.  I answer your treath because I´ve seen none have answer you and I want you to feel calmer about the fact that your symptoms are not other fatal ilness but withdrawal in itsel.

Bianca from México