Weimgirl

Weimgirl Free from Zoloft and Postpartum Depression

Weimgirl   
Weimgirl

I have used this site plenty of times. mostly to check back and see success stories. there was so many days I needed encouragement to believe that freedom would one day be mine.

I started taking Zoloft for Postpartum depression I was on it for a total of a year and 2 months. I spent the next 2 years battling the negative effects of coming off and withdrawals from this horrible drug. The side effects being off were horrible, much worse then when I was on them. I felt I was going insane. Suicidal thought were rampant, and so was the hopelessness of feeling like I'd be that way forever.

Knowing that these were just symptoms from the withdrawals were the only logical thing that passed through my brain and kept me on track.

I have been completely off antidepressants now for 1 year and 8 months. The first year was utterly awful and the last 8 months have gotten increasingly better with time . as much as I'm a proactive person who wanted to feel like I was doing all I could to recover. The more time went on the more I realized that my best remedy for healing was TIME. I know that doesn't sound fun and its not like i don,t believe the other treatments and support I used werent benefical. Counceling, proper nutrition, chiropractic care and spending time with the Lord in Prayer are all positive aspects but when the brain needs to heal I believe time was my best asset. it also really helped take the pressure off me.

I can honestly say that I feel completely and totally healed from my postpartum depression. I love my little girl to the moon and back. I also am no longer afraid to make plans for the future. and I the last 4 months I have flown in a plane 8 times which is something that would have been unheard of and probably one of my biggest fears. Keep facing your troubles head on and never run from them. Recovery is for everyone. Finding the strength to be positive and pick yourself up again is exhausting but so is Anxiety and depression. You can do this. there is an end. you will come out of this so amazingly strong. Trust me.

gigi63   
gigi63

Weimgirl, Congratulations to you!!!! I am so happy for you. So happy your little girl has her Mommy!!!! Happy Mothers day to you. Oh, you must be so very happy and feel so blessed!!!! I am very encouraged to hear you, yet another voice coming through, speak to TIME!!! TIME being the essential piece. Yes, the other measures are so important and I am one who believes in prayer and the Lord. My own lifeline!!!! It is a relief because you are right, it takes pressure off. We cannot make our CNS heal quicker than it can. Thank you for sharing your good news!!!

Madeleine   
Madeleine

What a lovely Mother's Day story. Thanks for sharing!

gigi63   
gigi63

Weimgirl, was the flying mandatory or optional? How did you know you were ready? I Thank you to respond.

anongrl5590   
anongrl5590

Thank you for posting this success story! Really inspiring. 

When did you see a turning point of healing? Did you experience any physical symptoms at all or was it mainly mental symptoms? How many symptoms did you get?

Also did you CT or taper your medication?

Pepita   
Pepita

so good to hear these stories, how wonderful! I wish continuous healing for you and a wonderful time with your family!

mustangwoman   
mustangwoman

So very happy for you!

Sampo   
Sampo

Congratulations to you! It was nice to find your succes story because I was on Sertraline (same stuff with different name) and you are living prove of healing. I was longer time on the drug so that's why it will take longer time to heal, I quess.

But anyway, enjoy of your life because now it's finally possible! :)

theloneranger86   
theloneranger86

Weimgirl

Its so encouraging to see your recovery story. I was wondering if you could talk about anhedonia and sexual dysfunction. Did you lose emotions / feelings ? 

nicolantana   
nicolantana

great story!! I second lone ranger. how was the emotional side of things?

sunnyc   
sunnyc

THANK YOU! I needed this today. So sad you went through WD for so long, but I am in the same boat and 9 months into this hell hole. Seeing you survived it all and came out the other side is beyond encouraging. 

AmyK   
AmyK

"Recovery is for everyone". Thankyou, I needed to hear that today! 

I wish you all the best. How lovely to hear about your little girl.