apace41

Incredible Story from BB

apace41   
apace41

I know this is a benzo story but I could not resist posting it here.  I don't know if this had already circulated (most things have) but the fact that this person healed after 12 years off his benzo was truly eye-opening for me.  Those who have been here a long time and thing "it's over for me -- I'm not going to heal," this should renew hope for you.

The link opens to the last page but you can go to page 1 by clicking the arrows left.

Best,

Andy

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=178596.140

stan   
stan

hi,

the man or woman registered on benzobuddies only end 2012, so we do not really know his past, he say 2011 he was in hospital and made mistake, what mistake? eating benzos?antidepressants, antipsychotics? we do not know, how long? one year? what doses? hospital often high doses

the 12 years?

from 2011 to today it is 6 years

he claims he is healed after 12 years, why not

apace41   
apace41

Stan,

Your choice as to whether to believe the man's story or to doubt it.  I simply posted it for a means of hope for those that could use it.

I don't have any of the answers to the questions you raise.  It's intent was to simply say that time can heal -- even a long time.

I'm sorry it didn't help you.

Best

Andy

stan   
stan

my dear andy,

i am not fighting, i go to read , being myself a victim

thanks for posting

friendly

stan

apace41   
apace41

Understood, Stan.

I know how long you've been struggling with this.  You were one of the people I hoped my post would help so I was disappointed and bit frustrated when your initial reaction was to poke holes.

I wish you the best.

Andy

stan   
stan

hi Andy

when you will discover over the web a few false recovery stories who are again on psychotropics, or only half recovery who claim to be 100%, you will be same as i, suspicious

this is not good for people who are really 100% recovery

we are only a name behind a screen told me someone

thanks for wishing me the best, i also wish you same,  life is not always easy

apace41   
apace41

I understand, Stan.

Thanks for your reply and wishes.

Best,

Andy

ZayKayWill   
ZayKayWill
On 2017-06-08 at 9:47 AM, stan said:

hi Andy

when you will discover over the web a few false recovery stories who are again on psychotropics, or only half recovery who claim to be 100%, you will be same as i, suspicious

this is not good for people who are really 100% recovery

we are only a name behind a screen told me someone

thanks for wishing me the best, i also wish you same,  life is not always easy

I'm not sure what you're getting at honestly.  Why would someone claim that they're 100% recovered if they're not fully sure that that's true?  A lot of people are hesitant to share their story until they know for sure they're 100% recovered.  If they weren't 100% recovered they wouldn't share the story in the first place because they wouldn't deeply feel as though what they were saying/writing about was true.  The story that was shared in the original post seems pretty legit to me.

Edited by scallywag
moved ZKW's comment from quote to reply

btdt   
btdt

I can tell you the answer to this... when your on a drug a short time you get off and recover seems complete and off you go for awhile you seem ok..A few months down the line your not so ok.. but you limp along as withdrawal has long term healing if you should slip into a wave and go get more pills your more doomed... from what I have read ... repeated long term use even with many months between the more times you go on and off drugs the more you are destabilizing your body/brain.  

Withdrawal is often delayed.. when you think your done your not.  

They are not trying to mislead or lie they think they are done they do not realise what a long term issue this is.  

When wd is delayed there are erbs and flows... times where you have a long window and feel healed something like delayed withdrawal which keeps people taking these drugs thinking it is just them... not wd... a lot of people do not get wd symptoms for months after they stop taking the drug for many suspected reasons.  Once you system has been dysregulated by drugs it does NOT just bounce back online like a computer ... we are not computers and the drugs change the body FAST really fast the body CANNOT repair its self fast it is very slow... things have been damage new things need to grow systems that were forced to change to accommodate drugs have to try best they can to realign themselves...It is a huge mess made worse by people not knowing they are in wd and going back on drugs believing they are are mentally ill... no disregulated by a drug... it is a long term dysregulation it take a long term healing... it has many windows and waves and some are very long. 

New synapses that are grown are not as stable or as strong as the originals they can fail... back to the drawing board... 

take a look at this best video on the web

it takes a long time going back on drugs just puts you back further but sometimes people can't do it without drugs... going back on held me hostage for 18 years... add 10 + years of wd crap it is not such a good life but I am alive and I am here to tell about it many days I did not think I would get this far... so there is hope... where there is life there is hope 

It can take a long time ... look up Grace E Jackson if you can read her books you may learn more... I can't read them I wish somebody would

peace all

btdt   
btdt

I would like to give a heads up to this thread

protracted withdrawal is in part why this SA site exists.. the other unnamed site would not consider the possibility of its existence.. yet some of us had it..including this site owner. 

Folks who have protracted withdrawal also can have windows and think they are done... what we learn is symptoms change some leave new ones come.  and around we go... 

From old articles that have long ago be lost I have learned the longer your on the drugs the more times you restart the more likely you are to have protracted withdrawal... that from a paper I tried to keep hard copy of as I had a gut feeling it would be one of the one ones to go 404 and it was... no copy sorry.

dolphins1   
dolphins1

I know this person personally and have talked to him on the phone. He went through hell for many years. Yet he healed and is better than ever. 

apace41   
apace41

Thanks for that info, dophins1.

Good to hear.

Best,

Andy

stan   
stan
20 hours ago, dolphins1 said:

I know this person personally and have talked to him on the phone. He went through hell for many years. Yet he healed and is better than ever. 

hi Dolphins

do you know if he is working full time job today ?

thanks

dolphins1   
dolphins1

Stan, Ill have to ask him the next time I speak with him. The gist of what he told me is this. I love life! I came out better than before and I appreciate everything!

NoMeaning25   
NoMeaning25

Well i hope that at 12 years off ill be healed. Only 7 more years to go :(