Sign in to follow this  
Santino

Success Story From BenzoBuddies, "Free from Benzo and Remeron"

Santino   
Santino

MY dear friends.

I am giving you a true story from BenzoBuddies of a guy who is totally free and living live after 15 months of misery after stopping long term use of benzos and Remeron as well as other ADs. I have exhcanged messages with him and he is quite well now.

I am posting his story as i am myself going through a difficult taper of Remeron while trying to maintain my life intact and this gave me a lot of hope... I hope to all the Remeron taperers will give the same inspiration that is needed most of the time.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=180521.msg2386953#msg2386953

Read and believe in yourself my friends

The brain has the capability to heal. I am living it myself as at 2.35mg i am a lot better than i was when on 6Mg of Bromazepam and 15Mg of Remeron. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT.

Good Luck in your Fights 

stan   
stan

hi , 

thanks, i read

the man writes march 2016 he is taking remeron 30  and trazodone...and another...

he was 20 years on benzos and apparently stopped them, but is taking other psychotropics

what a success story?

Santino   
Santino

HI Stan

Please read carefully my friend... The guy fast tapered all meds including Remeron and Trazodone and is totally FREE RIGHT NOW... After 15 months of miserable time he is suddenly experiencing a window that is not closing anymore...

There is a part in his story where he says:

I'm off all meds now and feel better than I have in years. My highlight was taking my kids on our first ski trip together this past spring break and it went really well. 
I wish the best for all of you. Hang in there my friends. I've watched many on bb's do it over the years and it will happen for you too

I even wrote a personal message to him to confirm this and he confirmed back that he is free of all the meds currently and feeling perfectly OK...

This is a real success story and it gave me real HOPE.

stan   
stan
Dave 86
  • Buddie
  • star-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gif
  • I love BenzoBuddies!
    • profile_sm.gif
    •  
    • im_off.gif
xx.gif
Re: Antidepressant choices
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 10:23:51 pm »

Gosh it seems like a catch 22. I'm on Remeron and Trazodone after a horrible detox cold turkey. I feel they have probably saved my life with being able to sleep during a very rough time but now I will have to taper off of these and someday. Unless it was life threatening I wouldn't start another psych med. I hate to say it but I have heard some say (on surviving antidepressants) that it was just as hard or even harder to stop their antidepressant as it was to stop their benzo. I could sugar coat it but that wouldn't be fair.
Dave

20 yrs on .5 clonazepam
20 yrs on 3-5 different A/D's (only one at a time)
Oct 2014 Dr gave me updose of 1.25 clonazepam because of high anxiety time in life. Have never felt like myself since. Rapid detox Jan 20 2015. Given Trazodone 150. Remeron 30. Inderal 20mg x 1. CT off Gabapentin 3/1/15. Constant tingling in face, mouth and most times in hands and feet. Tinnitus (comes and goes), tachycardia, heart palps. Worst symptoms by far are depression, confusion, fear, anxiety.
6 mths everything the same. No windows
14 mths pins and needles gone. The rest all the same. No windows

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=152284.msg2054407#msg2054407

i know my english is bad, but i understand he takes psychotropics march 2016 and speaks he will have to taper

stan   
stan
Dave 86

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: What about Remeron?

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 10:08:44 pm »

I take Remeron  30. It helps me sleep after cold turkeying off clonazepam in a detox center. It does nothing for depression. It will take possibly 2years to taper off that now. Wished I would have never let them put me on that and Trazodone (another 2yr taper to get off)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dave 86

Buddie

I love BenzoBuddies!

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Going back on Mirtazapine

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:01 am »

Jackson1,

I go to work everyday but it is a struggle as it is for everyone going through this. No I'm not on benzos anymore but the detox I went to was kind enough to send me home with 7 different meds to use with no description as to what they were for. Somehow I only ended up on four of them (I don't know how this happened) and cold turkey'd the Gabapentin after 30 days. Only 3 more little friends to get rid of over the course of about 4-5yrs hopefully. Sheesh

Dave 86

Santino   
Santino

HI Stan

I do not know why you continue to put sticks on this topic and why you discourage people by doing that???!!!

I do not have the time and also the will to lie people in here about fake success stories. I have suffered a lot during all this year and am continuing to tapper and this story gave me HOPE... as the success stories are just a few here i thought putting this in here will help all the people in your and my shoes. But you keep people away from their HOPE by showing messages from MARCH 2016 which is more than one year away. 

I AM REPEATING IN ENGLISH MY FRIEND THE GUY IS OFF ALL PSYCH MEDS ACCORDING TO HIS STORY AND THE MESSAGE BELOW THAT HE PRIVATELY SENT ME. Yes he did a fast taper of Trazodone and Remeron but now he is doin OK..... Check your records once more and please STAN let the people rejoice from those few success stories they can read.

useroff.gif Dave 86
  • Buddie
  • star-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gifstar-yellow.gif
  • I love BenzoBuddies!
    • profile_sm.gif
    •  
    • im_off.gif
Re: (No subject)« Sent to: santino on: May 23, 2017, 07:48:41 pm » 
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
HI Dave

I red your success story and i am so happy you already did it. By the way are you already off all meds or still using something?

I am asking bcs i am still tapering Remeron and i am currently at the 2.6mg mark and some days i really have it tough buddy. 

All the best with your life my friend... you really deserve this.

Santino

Santino,
Yes I healed while tapering Trazodone and once I healed I tapered off remeron in about a month. Never felt any of the drops of either taper. I wish you the best. Hang in there. You will be back to your old self one day
Dave 86

Santino   
Santino

My Dear Friends..

I am attaching my last communication with the guy from benzobuddies to know that this is a genuine success story. If he did it there is no reason why we will not do it. 

useron.gif santinoRe: (No subject) « Sent to: Dave 86 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:56 am »
HI Dave

I posted your success story into the survivingantidepressants forum. Your story is really remarkable proof of how the brain is able to heal itself. I can not believe the doctors who placed us in this misery and i am myself tapering slow off Remeron. Am currently at 2.3Mg and hopping to be well. I am determined to get back the life that was stolen from me.

THanks for writing your story. It is an inspiration and another proof that makes our fight worthy to fight.

I am sending back to you also a lot of wished from another forum in FB of people whoa are tapering Remeron. They were so happy for you and told me to pass their wishes for a happy and proseprous life ahead.

Good luck my friend and best wishes

Re: (No subject) « Sent to: santino on: June 04, 2017, 03:56:18 am »
Santino,
Thank you so much for your kind words!! It is so nice to think that maybe someone is helped simply by hearing from someone else that made it!! Thank you for sharing it with others!! That was so nice of you to share that with me. 
You too will make it my friend. Please hang in there like a fighter knowing that one day these stupid medicines will one day be behind you and you will be you again!! I wish you the absolute best. 
Dave 86

Santino   
Santino

HI Friends

Is it only me that this story looks interesting...?? I understand i have a similar history with this guy as i was taking benzos and currently tapering Remeron but as it gave me hope i thought it would give hope to others people in the group as well.

Anyway stay the course of your fights my friends. We will make it.