Borderline personality disorder

powerback

hi all I'm wondering does anyone relate to the title ,I'm not diagnosing myself but there's a lot that doesn't add up about my emotional deregulation I am experiencing in withdrawal ,this is going on a long time for me .I know about the neuro emotions but what if they get mixed up as borderline ,I find this interesting ,any input would be welcome .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

It is not possible to diagnose a psychological disorder while a person is taking or in WD from psychotropic drugs. A fact many doctors tend to over look. What you are feeling is a direct result of taking and discontinuing the drugs.  Once you're completely off the drugs and have gone through an extended period of recovery, then you can start looking for clinical reasons.  Until then, it's the drugs. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

hi brassmonkey thanks for the reply ,ye but when all the research and behaviour  points to the fact it looks like BPD its very hard to accept its not. I cant even taper because I'm so unstable and super sensitive to tapering  yet I need to get off the poison to get better [what a mess] someone please wake me up from this nightmare .there's that much criticism out there now about psychiatry who could we even trust for a diagnosis .the DSM no thanks .

I cant go two more years this unstable and then not even tapering ,so then there's the  other option of changing the drug and hoping I don't get even worse .I'm in the twilight zone like many others .beam me up scotty please :unsure:.

respect

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hello PB. I've been diagnosed with BPD and that is my official diagnosis that I've had for many years. I've had symptoms from early childhood - so, when I wasn't taking any medication. It's not something that you suddenly develop, like something else, for example - an anxiety disorder, but something that's developed in early childhood and that you have symptoms of from when you were young.

So, I agree with brassmonkey. I've had symptoms of OCD, but I know that I, in fact, don't have it, because I've never experienced severe OCD symptoms before withdrawal. For me, it was a withdrawal, and especially because it suddenly flew away like nothing happened, which is typical for withdrawal.

I understand your concern that you might have something, but we should focus more on the recovery from the symptoms we're experiencing than on the disorder we have. I don't say that you don't have symptoms, but there is a big possibility that you don't have a disorder. It's different. 
Anyways, with those symptoms, dialectical behavioral therapy helped me. You can search a bit about it and see what it is and its mechanisms.

Wish you all the best.

My withdrawal journey (click)

"If you're going through hell - keep going".

hi apathetic apologies if I trivialised your diagnosis ,its been some journey especially the last 6 months ,ile get there .thanks for your input ,greatly appreciated .hope you doing ok yourself .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 3 years later...

Hello,

please, does anyone have a succesfull story with using Non-violent communication for treating Borderline personality disorder? A psychologist suggested me to use it, and it makes sense. I would like to also avoid mainstream group psychotherapy or any intervention involving shrinkers. I suppose NVC is just a part of the overall recovery, but it seems to me it could be a key one.

2002 - MDMA induced psychosis, seroquel and st. worth. Abstinence from drugs. 2003 - psychosis relapse: olanzapin and citalec

2012 - 5mg of zyprexa and 150 Wellbutrin, starting with ayurveda helped
2015 - too fast and uniformed withdrawal; hospitalized and remedicated, first to 15mg Zyprexa; lowered to 10mg of Zyprexa when discharged. Abstinence from alcohol now on.

2016, sept – hospitalized again, forced treatment: 10 mg Zyprexa and 400mg amisulprid (Amilia).

2017 hospitalization (added abilify)

2018 so far last hospitalization

2019 heart palpitations, abrubt abilify withdrawal, stabilization on 5mg of olanzapin since then

Current medications and dosages:
5mg of olanzapin

Current supplements: Mentat (ayurvedic herbal blend for mental issues), St. worth (one cup a day), I drink mineral water

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Tomash said:

Hello,

please, does anyone have a succesfull story with using Non-violent communication for treating Borderline personality disorder? A psychologist suggested me to use it, and it makes sense. I would like to also avoid mainstream group psychotherapy or any intervention involving shrinkers. I suppose NVC is just a part of the overall recovery, but it seems to me it could be a key one.

@Tomash, hello.

I can't speak specifically on Borderline Personality Disorder, but I will say that Marshall Rosenberg's book, "Nonviolent Communication," was a game changer for me. I think it fits very well into a cognitive behavioral therapy approach to overall cognitive restructuring. I noticed that I was able to be a better listener, communicate my needs more effectively, and be more receptive to the needs of other's. I recommend.

Hang in there,

Dave

Edited by ten0275

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy