SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Scorpio: Will this ever end?

Scorpio

54 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Hi Scorpio:

At least you are keeping busy wrapping presents. I have no energy today to do that. And I checked online for one of my granddaughters Christmas gifts that I ordered on November 14th (I think), and it says arrival date 12-27! So I wrote to the seller and told them that was unacceptable. Haven't heard back from them.

It's starting to look like a room. There is still a lot to go. They have studed walls up between the bedroom and bathroom. He still needs to install the fan and then I think the drywall can begin. Big halt because the flooring isn't here (supposed to be here Tuesday) we had to order it. But they can do the electrical, and clean up. So I guess someday it will be done. I hope soon. I really want my granddaughter.

I hope you are feeling better. I know you had a lot of stress yesterday on top of a cold.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie’

how frustrating to have such a stupidly late delivery fingers crossed they can bring it forward

wow it sounds like they have achieved a lot of work today. I am impressed. You will get to cuddle your granddaughter very soon. I only wrapped a few presents but I did my Christmas cards yesterday morning while waiting to hear how my grandson was to keep my mind occupied. The cold is really kicking in, massive sore throat, so feeling very sorry for myself and my husband has it too. Of course as is the way he has man flu - no I’m not being sexist, it’s true men seem to be unable to cope with colds like we do. 

The anxiety now it is 8pm here has eased quite a lot just the cold symptoms causing grief and if course it’s amped up the blessed tinnitus so life is a real peach at the moment

Thank you frogie for caring, 

hugs

scorpio

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scorpio

• JS11

• Flowers

• bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry you had that experience. The medical system doesn't make a lot of sense. It is a medical model that is clearly not working.

Edited by AliG
grammar

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi AliG

you are so right. It is very scary when we think we are going to be helped but in fact poisoned. I came off the inhaler September last year and started to get much longer windows the waves still coming but shorter. I never knew about waves/windows/withdrawal but knew something was wrong so April this year paid to see a gp privately. Did lots of tests all normal except for high cortisol again. He felt cipralex was the root cause and said it was a low dose and to stop immediately and then the fun began. If only I had found this site in april instead of paying a dr to give me even more problems. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

The more I stay away from doctors, the healthier I am becoming. I agree ~ if only we had known ~ but at least we do now, which is more than most people. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi alig 

im sorry to hound you but I think our conversation yesterday has triggered me I had a terrible night. Woke early hours with burning face and anxiety. 

I spent the night worrying that staying on the 1mg is never going to stabilise me and I am in a no win situation.  Were you saying that I need to go up or down to get some relief or the 1mg is not working. 

On December 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie’

how frustrating to have such a stupidly late delivery fingers crossed they can bring it forward

wow it sounds like they have achieved a lot of work today. I am impressed. You will get to cuddle your granddaughter very soon. I only wrapped a few presents but I did my Christmas cards yesterday morning while waiting to hear how my grandson was to keep my mind occupied. The cold is really kicking in, massive sore throat, so feeling very sorry for myself and my husband has it too. Of course as is the way he has man flu - no I’m not being sexist, it’s true men seem to be unable to cope with colds like we do. 

The anxiety now it is 8pm here has eased quite a lot just the cold symptoms causing grief and if course it’s amped up the blessed tinnitus so life is a real peach at the moment

Thank you frogie for caring, 

hugs

scorpio

Hi Scorpio:

Sounds like you are doing pretty well for having a stupid cold. And yes I do agree about your husband. My fiancé is the same way. But I'm not going to be sexist.

How is your grandson? Hope doing better.

When you get time, read my thread. You will see the stupid thing I did a month ago. Uggggggg 🙄😪 I just figured it out today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hello aliG

im sorry for my earlier post. Woke in complete panic at 3am hot sweats, anxiety, burning face. I think the reason the symptoms are so high is this dreaded cold which has become full blown today. Extremely sore throat and all the other miserable effects they bring. Today the anxiety etc has all been calmer maybe because the ill effects of the cold are dominant now. 

I appreciate you are trying to help but was was just extremely frightened yesterday. Now I have had time to consider things quite a few of the initial symptoms have died down. Burning legs, burning feet, burning/tingling in the nether regions all gone for now. Headaches gone. Bowel cramping occurring less often as well as the nausea. The tinnitus for the most part is only in one ear now. It gets quieter when I have better days. The loose bowel movement every morning is improving over the past week. Not normal but better. Appetite comes and goes depending on good or bad days. Today although feeling sorry for myself with cold is better with the normal symptoms. 

17 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hi Scorpio:

Sounds like you are doing pretty well for having a stupid cold. And yes I do agree about your husband. My fiancé is the same way. But I'm not going to be sexist.

How is your grandson? Hope doing better.

When you get time, read my thread. You will see the stupid thing I did a month ago. Uggggggg 🙄😪 I just figured it out today.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

I read your thread and I’m sure that’s something we all do,  mistakes happen, you are fine.  

I hope the building work is well underway now and you can see the shape of things to come. Is brownie eating better and how are you feeling.  

Im really suffering with this cold, it has knocked me sideways. I have escaped for a couple of years so a real shock to the system. Feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. My grandson is completely back to normal thank goodness.  I’m sure it’s not the only scare he is going to cause. For a one year old he is in to everything, forget toys he’d rather play with precious ornaments or plugs, or switches or anything he shouldn’t. Patience of a saint is called for at the moment. Fortunately I haven’t got him until Wednesday afternoon so can only hope this cold improves at the moment I wouldn’t have the energy. 

Thinking of you

7 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

I read your thread and I’m sure that’s something we all do,  mistakes happen, you are fine.  

I hope the building work is well underway now and you can see the shape of things to come. Is brownie eating better and how are you feeling.  

Im really suffering with this cold, it has knocked me sideways. I have escaped for a couple of years so a real shock to the system. Feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. My grandson is completely back to normal thank goodness.  I’m sure it’s not the only scare he is going to cause. For a one year old he is in to everything, forget toys he’d rather play with precious ornaments or plugs, or switches or anything he shouldn’t. Patience of a saint is called for at the moment. Fortunately I haven’t got him until Wednesday afternoon so can only hope this cold improves at the moment I wouldn’t have the energy. 

Thinking of you

Hi Scorpio:

I'm so lucky to have friends on here that don't criticize me. I made a huge mistake, and I just have to go on. I think by now I would know if this was going to be bad or not.

The remodeling is better. He got the electric done and the floor in on the bathroom floor. They are going to set the tub tonight and then start dry walling. I can see some improvements.

I just wish it would hurry, I just really want to see my granddaughter, but I'm starting to think it's not going to happen. :(

I'm glad your grandson is ok. I had 2 boys. My 1st one put me through everything a boy could. My 2nd one just sat back and watched, he was good. They will try your patience to no end.

I'm glad you have a couple of days off. I hope by then you will feel a little better.

Do you get a lot of anxiety? That's the worst of my symptoms from my mistake. Especially when I 1st get up. After I take my 2nd Xanax I'm ok. But I think a lot of mine is situational too.

I really appreciate you helping me. 

I hope you you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi frogie

wow, that fiancé of yours is really putting in the effort, just think not long before you can have those relaxing baths. Has he given you a better idea how long it will take to complete. It doesn’t hve to be perfect to see your granddaughter just functional. Fingers crossed you still see her over the holidays. 

How strange to have  two boys and so different in temperament.  I think my grandson is either going to be an engineer or demolition man!  Having had a daughter this is new and strange territory but he loves cuddles so not too different. 

Like you anxiety is the worst thing I have. Wakes me up in the morning and on we go. I don’t take anything else so just suffer with it. Can’t even take magnesium but I did have a Epsom salt  foot soak this morning which I think helps a little. I don’t think this cold is helping either. My anxiety is chemical and when lucky it calms down but that hasn’t happened so much over the past week. Probably due to all the stress the same as for you with you bathroom and desperately wanting to see your granddaughter. 

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

wow, that fiancé of yours is really putting in the effort, just think not long before you can have those relaxing baths. Has he given you a better idea how long it will take to complete. It doesn’t hve to be perfect to see your granddaughter just functional. Fingers crossed you still see her over the holidays. 

How strange to have  two boys and so different in temperament.  I think my grandson is either going to be an engineer or demolition man!  Having had a daughter this is new and strange territory but he loves cuddles so not too different. 

Like you anxiety is the worst thing I have. Wakes me up in the morning and on we go. I don’t take anything else so just suffer with it. Can’t even take magnesium but I did have a Epsom salt  foot soak this morning which I think helps a little. I don’t think this cold is helping either. My anxiety is chemical and when lucky it calms down but that hasn’t happened so much over the past week. Probably due to all the stress the same as for you with you bathroom and desperately wanting to see your granddaughter. 

Just the opposite with me. Had 2 boys and now a granddaughter. She can be a typical girl, but then don't put a dress on her without shorts she will be doing cartwheels and summer salts along with climbing everything. Shes 10. I think in my fiancés heart he is trying to get the remodeling done, but is being tough on the outside. I guess it will get done when it gets done, nothing I can do about it.

I'm having more anxiety than I've had before. But I attribute it to the remodeling, my granddaughter, this time of year (not a good time for me). I can't take magnesium either. I'll be glad when I can soak in the tub. And of course my stupid tapering so much and not even paying attention. I take Xanax which does help.

We don't have any snow yet. Usually we have had 3-4 snow storms by now. It's been in the 40's-70's and one day it was 80! The wind is blowing today. I want snow so bad. But it's not even in the forecast.

Thanks for talking to me. It helps.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

how are you today.  I think you are doing really well and the fact it is a month since your little error I’m sure you will be ok.  I know you said the anxiety is there in the morning but you seem to be coping really well. 

My daughter was the same as your granddaughter. Always upside down or rolling around in any grubby place but the next minute would be very girly. 

I hate the cold weather   How can you wish for snow, nightmare.  I love sun and blue skies but we have many days of grey skies here which is very depressing. Freezing weather predictions again for the end of the week, what joy.

i’m under the duvet on the settee again struggling with this cold which has overwhelmed me and w/d symptoms ramped up to join in the party. 

Hows the bathroom shaping up, much done yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

how are you today.  I think you are doing really well and the fact it is a month since your little error I’m sure you will be ok.  I know you said the anxiety is there in the morning but you seem to be coping really well. 

My daughter was the same as your granddaughter. Always upside down or rolling around in any grubby place but the next minute would be very girly. 

I hate the cold weather   How can you wish for snow, nightmare.  I love sun and blue skies but we have many days of grey skies here which is very depressing. Freezing weather predictions again for the end of the week, what joy.

i’m under the duvet on the settee again struggling with this cold which has overwhelmed me and w/d symptoms ramped up to join in the party. 

Hows the bathroom shaping up, much done yesterday. 

Hi Scorpio:

I'm just tired of spring weather in December, usually we have had 3-4 snow storms by now. Come here it's going to be in the 50's-60's, yuck!

My fiancé took a sick day today. Nothing going on at work. But he's taken a nap and now he is in the office watching tv. He talked to the neighbor and said after lunch they will get going on the plumbing for the bathtub. I'm not holding my breath.

I have a little more anxiety than usual, but I think it could be situational too.

Hope you are doing better. Keep warm, send me the snow lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

im so sorry to read that you are separated from your younger son, my heart goes out to you. It must be so hard at this time of year, even more so.  Your granddaughter must be such a comfort to you no wonder you are desperate to move home. 

I hope your your fiancé has stirred himself and is now bashing hell out of whatever needs bashing. 

I crawled out from from under the duvet and cooked my husbands dinner unwillingly but I don’t want him fading away. I hope the anxiety has subsided for you.

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

im so sorry to read that you are separated from your younger son, my heart goes out to you. It must be so hard at this time of year, even more so.  Your granddaughter must be such a comfort to you no wonder you are desperate to move home. 

I hope your your fiancé has stirred himself and is now bashing hell out of whatever needs bashing. 

I crawled out from from under the duvet and cooked my husbands dinner unwillingly but I don’t want him fading away. I hope the anxiety has subsided for you.

Hi Scorpio:

I try not to talk about my son. He has made a choice that I don't believe in, but it is what it is. I miss him everyday. I cry a lot.

My granddaughter is everything to me. She has been since I knew my daughter in law was pregnant. I still have my oldest son and them, but they are busy and don't have a lot of time for me. That's exactly why I want to go home. Then I can have her a lot again.

They are working on putting in the bathtub right now. Then they can start drywall. But have to set the toilet, vanity, paint, tile, and put a new floor down in my granddaughters bedroom. Then clean up all the mess. But I'm sure the bathtub won't be done tonight.

I'm glad you were able to fix dinner. 

My my anxiety isn't too bad right now. Thanks for asking.

Hope you are doing better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Scorpio,

I read that you were very sick with a cold or flu.  Hope you are feeling better.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

Hi RealMe

thank you so much for your message. I have climbed out of my coffin today first time since Wednesday. I had sinus and chest infections which floored me completely then given one of the few antibiotics I can take which reacts like complete poison and makes me wish for death. Have been sticking me face in olbas oil stem, sticking saline up my nose, Pholcodine to try and get some sleep as had zero hours for two nights with a dry cough, it worked last night thank goodness. 

The strange thing is all the W/d symptoms disappeared and today only slight anxiety, long may it last. I hve another 4 and a half days of the horrible antibiotic which hasn’t stopped the terrible pain in the face yet but hopefully will do in the next day or so,  

hows the tinnitus, mine has been raging through all this but hardly surprising. I hope you are feeling better. 

Hi frogie

i saw on your thread the work is getting done slowly but surely.  I am so sorry you don’t think it will be in time to have your granddaughter to stay before Christmas but maybe after?  

Just recovering from bad times with sinus and chest infections which floored me completely along with the poisonous antibiotics, still in pain but at least upright. 

14 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

i saw on your thread the work is getting done slowly but surely.  I am so sorry you don’t think it will be in time to have your granddaughter to stay before Christmas but maybe after?  

Just recovering from bad times with sinus and chest infections which floored me completely along with the poisonous antibiotics, still in pain but at least upright. 

I will make this quick:

Yes things are moving along s l o w l y, slower than a turtle...  Don't think I'll see my granddaughter so I'll start crying pretty soon. No tree, no family (my Uncle will come for Christmas), I feel very alone. More so than I have since we moved here. I know I can't control the snow, but I'm tired of summer in December. I need to learn to accept it. This is a very bad time of year for me. Lots of family and situational stuff that has been going on for years. I can't let go. I'm working on it in therapy.

I'm sorry you are sick. Back in October I was on 4 antibiotics before I got rid of the upper respiratory crud.

I hope you feel better soon. Get lots if rest and drink lots of fluids. Get a cool mist humidifier they help a lot.

I will check back from time to time. 

Take care,

Frogie xx

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

thank you so much for your message. I have climbed out of my coffin today first time since Wednesday. I had sinus and chest infections which floored me completely then given one of the few antibiotics I can take which reacts like complete poison and makes me wish for death. Have been sticking me face in olbas oil stem, sticking saline up my nose, Pholcodine to try and get some sleep as had zero hours for two nights with a dry cough, it worked last night thank goodness. 

The strange thing is all the W/d symptoms disappeared and today only slight anxiety, long may it last. I hve another 4 and a half days of the horrible antibiotic which hasn’t stopped the terrible pain in the face yet but hopefully will do in the next day or so,  

hows the tinnitus, mine has been raging through all this but hardly surprising. I hope you are feeling better. 

Hi RealMe,

This is JS.

I know Scorpio was down with cold and sinus issues and I see that you also succumbed.  I am finally getting over the same sort of stuff and noticed that your withdrawal symptoms seemed to diminish when your body was fighting off the beasties, so to speak.  Mine did the same thing.  Maybe illness distracts our immune system from W/D.  Too bad we cannot bottle it in some non-toxic form to relieve them when we are not ill.  

I'm so glad you are feeling a little better.  I know how wiped out I was.  Although I got a prescription for antibiotics, I was terrified to take it around a year ago, I had a wicked adverse reaction after one dose of a prescription.  We are such sensitive souls.

I hope you continue recovering and are upright soon.

take care,

JS11

PS  You too Scorpio!!!!!!!

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

July 2021:  Took last dose of Escitalopram .02mg.  Do dah!

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

2 minutes ago, JS11 said:

Hi RealMe,

This is JS.

I know Scorpio was down with cold and sinus issues and I see that you also succumbed.  I am finally getting over the same sort of stuff and noticed that your withdrawal symptoms seemed to diminish when your body was fighting off the beasties, so to speak.  Mine did the same thing.  Maybe illness distracts our immune system from W/D.  Too bad we cannot bottle it in some non-toxic form to relieve them when we are not ill.  

I'm so glad you are feeling a little better.  I know how wiped out I was.  Although I got a prescription for antibiotics, I was terrified to take it around a year ago, I had a wicked adverse reaction after one dose of a prescription.  We are such sensitive souls.

I hope you continue recovering and are upright soon.

take care,

JS11

PS  You too Scorpio!!!!!!!

Still hello REal me,

Apparently my eyes are worse than I thought.  Here I am commiserating with you about being hit hard with sinus issues--I know Scorpio has as well--and it is actually you comforting Scorpio.

My Apologies!  Need a cup of tea!

Nice to meet you in a round about way.

All my Love and healing, Scorpio.

xoxo,

JS

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

Hi Scorpio,

Hope you are feeling better.  Are you finished with the antibiotic yet?

For the past two days, I have been habituating to the tinnitus without too much anxiety, thank goodness.  Hope it continues.  I hear it, but it isn't as terrifying.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

Hello RealMe

i stopped taking them last night. Should be on them for 10 days but they were so poisonous to me that I lasted five days. My sinuses are not anywhere near as painful and chest is sounding ok so fingers crossed I will be fine. I feel so much better today for not taking them. Have actually been out with my husband and cooked a roast dinner so feel part of the human race again. 

The tinnitus for me gets worse when the anxiety and other horrible symptoms rear their ugly heads then when feeling better so is the tinnitus. I promise you do get used to it, not something we want, but it can’t hurt us and distraction helps. Listening to music can reduce the bothersome effects. 

Hope otherwise you are feeling ok, do you get to see your grandchildren a lot. Having been so unwell I couldn’t do my normal babysitting last week and am looking forward to seeing my grandson tomorrow. He will probably try and demolish the Christmas tree and ornaments so by the end of the day I nwill probably feel wrecked too. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hello RealMe

i stopped taking them last night. Should be on them for 10 days but they were so poisonous to me that I lasted five days. My sinuses are not anywhere near as painful and chest is sounding ok so fingers crossed I will be fine. I feel so much better today for not taking them. Have actually been out with my husband and cooked a roast dinner so feel part of the human race again. 

The tinnitus for me gets worse when the anxiety and other horrible symptoms rear their ugly heads then when feeling better so is the tinnitus. I promise you do get used to it, not something we want, but it can’t hurt us and distraction helps. Listening to music can reduce the bothersome effects. 

Hope otherwise you are feeling ok, do you get to see your grandchildren a lot. Having been so unwell I couldn’t do my normal babysitting last week and am looking forward to seeing my grandson tomorrow. He will probably try and demolish the Christmas tree and ornaments so by the end of the day I nwill probably feel wrecked too. 

Hope you continue to feel better and better and that you enjoy your grandson tomorrow.  I can't remember having any problems with antibiotics and always finished them.  I guess I always feared my infection coming back.  I'm more afraid of antibiotics recently because I've heard they cause tinnitus which I don't need more of.  Thank you for the encouraging words about habituating.  I just keep telling myself not to be afraid.  Fear has always been the catalyst for so many of my problems.  It's helpful to talk with others who are combatting that with skills learned here.  One of the moderators (Alto?) talks about visualizing puppies and kittens to replace neuro-emotions.  I do that a lot.  Have good recovery, new friend!

Hi RealMe

i haven’t heard of the kittens and puppies. You will have to tell me about it. Anything to help distract. Fear is the biggest downfall but unfortunately when we are going through bad times with w/d it is very strong. My husband and daughter continually repeat - it will get better - at me when I’m crying into my boots with fear. 

14 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

i haven’t heard of the kittens and puppies. You will have to tell me about it. Anything to help distract. Fear is the biggest downfall but unfortunately when we are going through bad times with w/d it is very strong. My husband and daughter continually repeat - it will get better - at me when I’m crying into my boots with fear. 

Scorpio,

My hubby does too (re: fear).

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

14 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Scorpio,

My hubby does too (re: fear).

JC

Hi JC

what would we do without them. heroes. 

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi JC

what would we do without them. heroes. 

I know, but he has to take holidays away from me, lol!!

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

Here is the reference to puppies and kittens by Altostrata.  It is part of the "change the channel" strategy of reducing neuro-emotions.

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

Altostrata posted a topic in  Symptoms and self-care

...your choice: - Switch your thoughts topuppies  and kittens, or people you love. - Do slow, meditative deep breathing. - Play with your pets. - Cuddle your children, or significant other. - Phone a friend to say hello. - Take a walk in an interesting part of town, or in a park. - If you like cogniti...

Hi RealMe

thank you for the link, I will spend time looking at it and hopefully it will help. 

Hope you are doing ok. 

So, as I was reminded  by someone recently and Bubble said as well, to have compassion for yoursef.. It seems for me, that I can readily give to most others but so often forget for myself..

I so hope your day improves and your symptoms?subside.

Take care my friend,

Xoxo

JS11

Hi Scorpio

Okay that is weird.  That was a message I wrote who knows how long ago.

So.how are you? Are the sinuses better?

Love Actually was on t.v. this weekend.  I do adore that show.  Was thinking of you and wondering if you have been upright.  You still seem to manage more than most even when your symptoms are raging.

Snowed a lot the past couple days here.

Sadly, it will turn to rain and then it is going to get Brutally  cold in time for Christmas.  I would much rather have snow

My little VW, Blackie, not so balmy but thankfully she is operational.

Am doing gym duty at a high school. 

Glad to have older kids although someone just hurled a grape at me.  Lousy aim.  Missed.

And thankfully, I do have a lovely cup of tea.

Take care my friend thinking of you

JS11

Hi js11

i just pm’d you. Somehow your thread has gone and I lost you. Been awful since Saturday but upright today although awake at 4 with the same old sinister symptoms. 

I would have thrown the grape back at whoever threw it and then made them eat it. 

I love love actually. We watched Dunkirk this afternoon we hired it from amazon prime. I really enjoyed it although such a horrific period in history. 

We we are just freezing but the snow has kept away thank god.

i thought it was a case of deja vu on your post, I took it you were trying to lift my spirits. 

Hugs

ann

Hi Scorpio:

Just dropped by to say hi.

I posted on my thread what's going on.

I hope you are doing well and ready for Christmas.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

its good to hear everything is ready for Christmas for you and hopefully you will hear from your daughter in law soon to make arrangements to see your lovely granddaughter. 

I saw on your reply to lg that hopefully the bathroom will be finished this weekend couldn’t be a better time of year a lovely present to be able to have a bath. 

We are no no snow either but unlike you I am happy about that. Like lg I have hit the floor again this week so really struggling to try and get things done. Anxiety through the roof along with all the other symptoms. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

its good to hear everything is ready for Christmas for you and hopefully you will hear from your daughter in law soon to make arrangements to see your lovely granddaughter. 

I saw on your reply to lg that hopefully the bathroom will be finished this weekend couldn’t be a better time of year a lovely present to be able to have a bath. 

We are no no snow either but unlike you I am happy about that. Like lg I have hit the floor again this week so really struggling to try and get things done. Anxiety through the roof along with all the other symptoms. 

Sorry to hear your symptoms are worse.

I'm having anxiety and this morning I woke up with an upset stomach. I think it's all nerves or the lasagna I made last night and ate too much.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx