virgo43: severe symptoms

virgo43

What are supplements u are mentioning.

Are u fully recovered back to normal. Please read my entries...

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I have experienced serotonin syndrome with 50mg brother bhasski. My cns is beyond recovery. If I say my chest is burning like a furnace that would be best.

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear moderators can u please find someone who experienced AD toxicity in this community. 

A doctor. I am serious with just one pill 50mg my life has taken a sharp turn. I am a shell of my former self and it really hurts emotionally. 

Second. I think tapering concept is not applicable in my case as my symptoms vary depending on water and food intake.

If I say today was a terrible day and if the community can explain how serious alcoholics recover I would really appreciate it.

Maybe I should add my symptoms  to my signature.  

My symptoms intolerable therefore my anger and ocd. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Up until that day everything has gone downhill. 

No friends

No job

No sports

No life

It really hurts to be pushed around and yelled at. Everyone accuses the patient. It is always our fault.

I turned into a parrot. A merry go round. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

How can I connect with someone in Turkey especially Istanbul. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I read the thread regarding exercise and cortisol levels. 

In my case since with sweating the amount of medication is excreted out of the blood. Plus there is elevated cortisol levels which could give you terrible feeling in the morning and afternoon.  

As for antibiotics read them as well. Thanks a lot again.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Hi Virgo, you had sent me a PM and asked me what my symptoms were when I started Zoloft. I had typical startup symptoms for about a month, and tolerated the drug. After many years, I decided to get off the drug and my doctor gave me too fast of a taper. That's when I had serious issues, including akathisia.

late 1990's - Xanax for anxiety. tapered off successfully
2001 to Dec. 2010 – Zoloft 150mg (for anxiety)
Dec. 2010 – too fast one month taper off Zoloft
Aug. 2011 – horrible crash - reinstating Zoloft, taking clonazepam
Dec. 2011 – back on 150 mg Zoloft, tapering off clonazepam
Oct. 2012 Starting taper #2 - 125 mg Zoloft

July 2017 - 6.8 mg Zoloft - taper has been going well with only minor occasional symptoms

Sept 2017 - horrible crash - reinstating Zoloft, taking clonazepam
Jun 2018 - tapered off clonazepam, stable on 100mg Zoloft

Jan 2019 - stable on 100mg Zoloft. not trying any more tapers until I have completed chelating out mercury with the Cutler protocol. 

Dear  macadamia.  Thanks a lot.

Dear moderators my doctor said cns was disrupted during depression. Not because of medication.

I also didn't receive comments regarding his method of tapering. Of course not acceptable. He told me not to talk to him if I am not going to follow his advice many doctors refuse to take care of me. Honestly it is very frustrating. 

I hate to complain but I am tired of being yelled at and pushed around. 

All the advice has been given thanks. However with constant symptoms I am not able to continue with my life. My ocd and anger is not fading. 

Please forgive me. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I keep repeating myself asking the same questions.  Please forgive me. Tapering or reinstatement nothing is working. Sorry

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Finished 8 sessions of EMDR. I think it is necessary in the beginning before the medication.

Going to addiction clinic tomorrow again for the final time. I don't think they will understand.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Virgo we know how badly you are suffering and we all feel for you. There are other members who are also suffering badly like you. I know how hard it is, I have been there. I had doctors tell me it is depression when it was their drugs making me sick. Family don't understand, how can they? They believe the doctors because they don't lbow anyone so badly affected. You HAVE to calm down Virgo. We all believe you and are trying to support you.  

You are suffering from the adverse effects of zoloft. This is NOT serotonin syndrome. You have disgnosed yourself with this because it is a label that makes sense to you and fits your symptoms.  

Do you take ANYTHING ELSE, even occasionally.  Supplements, coffee, energy drinks, alcohol? Or is it just zoloft.  Please be honest with us, we don't judge anyone here. 

Often some supplements or drinks can aggravate things. I am sorry if this has been asked before, there are too many pages for me to go though. 

DO NOT GIVE UP, this will not last forever. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/reaction.htm

https://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/13607-adverse-reaction-to-prozac-still-recovering/

I hope some of this information can help. 

*Edit: Correct me if I am way off base, I haven't read through all of the topic pages.

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

• Administrator

virgo, whether you call it serotonin syndrome or a severe adverse reaction, the solution is the same: You need to let your nervous system settle down. You must stay as calm as possible to help it heal.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. For example do you get diarrhea at the same time each day? What is your sleep pattern like?

When was the last time you had kidney and liver function tests? That's something you can discuss with your doctor. Zoloft must be processed by those organs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My liver doesn't have the enzymes necessary to process these medications. The amount of srri always remains the same. Therefore causing damage.

As for the addiction clinic they said there is not much they can do as u are experiencing the symptoms of ur disease. U have a hidden psychiatric problem and once the drug is out of ur system ur hidden disease whether it is panic attacks or anxiety disorder it is surfacing. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I have had AD toxicity for the first two three weeks where the down regulation happened. Finally never felt comfortable at any dose. Family and friends they are really hard on me. You know the story. Now the doctors convinced my family the "hidden disease" story. 

I am not taking any stimulants. I am ready to give my full name and address to anyone as I have nothing to lose

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Virgo,

As Alto said, it is the only solution.

Leave people and their hidden theory to them. They are not facing what you are ...

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

Dear virgo,

My doctor not warned me about tapering system.So I cold turkeyed Risperidone,which destroyed my brain.From then my brain stopped going into sleep condition, it is going into dream condition.Literally I lost the ability of sleep.

For that problem I am using Olanzapine to sleep without dreams.

I am thrown into lifelong use of Olanzapine due to my doctor's negligence.

I am living day wise.I stopped thinking of my future.

Virgo ,I have noticed that I am thinking of more positive now adays.My relations with near and dear got better.

Virgo,I read your thread and my heart aches for the trouble you are facing.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

Dear Rupa. Thanks a lot. Tapering Works for most but for some the down regulation can be severe any form of taper will not help. Same with me. 

İ hope u remain in contact with the amazing moderators who are extremely knowlegable. please keep in touch. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Any question iş welcome. İ read all the links and amazing comments and of course the stories. Unfortunately my symptoms on initial consumption seems like they were possibly the severest. İ feel extremely disappointed and frustrated. Especially with doctors and their hidden disease story. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

5 hours ago, virgo43 said:

My liver doesn't have the enzymes necessary to process these medications. The amount of srri always remains the same. Therefore causing damage.

As for the addiction clinic they said there is not much they can do as u are experiencing the symptoms of ur disease. U have a hidden psychiatric problem and once the drug is out of ur system ur hidden disease whether it is panic attacks or anxiety disorder it is surfacing. 

this is nuts ,this makes me so dam angry ."your disease is resurfacing ".

Mind boggling clueless ignorant imbosils  .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

İ have been to 15 different psychiatrists and received possibly 6 different diagnosis.Hidden disease, panic attacks, silently evolving neurological disorder, etc to name a few. 

The modern Western science and psychiatry. İgnorant fools.  öne day these poisons will be banned. Who knows. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I tell you  I got ulnar neuropathy after 4 mos in withdrawal .. my main prominent hand lost its power .. I was not able to nail cut myself .. it was difficult not to drop things as I am dominent by the same hand.

Numbness came all of a sudden among severe withdrawal symptoms .. . and I was loosing motor skills. I have been tp hand specialists which on knowing my history of psych meds always sent me to a shrink... the reason I have no reason for such a condition all of a sudden.

Well , anyway .. i got the surgery done within 2 mos and my hand is still not better after a year. 

Funny part is leaving allopathy, all the other field docs told me that I have done a mistake.. Some say its just a digestive disorder, some say the blockage can be cured by simple massages.. 

Bro, its same. They dont know the answer , but they will give for sure. Dont mind their answer, it comes of ego of their study knowledge. 

You are having first hand experiences and you know better. 

There are people who suffered because of meds which is evident from SA and they got better too and some are in the process experiencing minute betterment.

So, have a belief that you will get better.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.

Bhasski bhai. İ am so sorry to read about ur injury. Hope u are feeling better. How is ur diet? How is ur sleep. How about ur mind? Do u have burning sensation in ur body. Can u walk and think.  

As for me u know the story. My only question iş with just öne pill how come? Why am i so unlucky. Not able to process any toxin. Alcohol antibiotics aspirin and of course ssri. İ am not suitable for this medicated world. Too prehistoric. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

4 hours ago, virgo43 said:

İ have been to 15 different psychiatrists and received possibly 6 different diagnosis.Hidden disease, panic attacks, silently evolving neurological disorder, etc to name a few. 

The modern Western science and psychiatry. İgnorant fools.  öne day these poisons will be banned. Who knows. 

so I wonder if this was said to them all about 6 different diagnosis ,what do they  say  ,oh well my diagnosis is different ,its mad

should they not be just sticking to there bible ,the DSM .the contradiction is plain to see .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, virgo43 said:

these drugs are a product from capitalist country's .psychiatry is trying to hold on to its industry like when the industrial revolution came in .manufacturing sped up but hands on jobs depleted .

its sad to think that we are a by product of the society we live in .its actually very depressing :(.we will prove them wrong .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

23 minutes ago, virgo43 said:

Bhasski bhai. İ am so sorry to read about ur injury. Hope u are feeling better. How is ur diet? How is ur sleep. How about ur mind? Do u have burning sensation in ur body. Can u walk and think.  

As for me u know the story. My only question iş with just öne pill how come? Why am i so unlucky. Not able to process any toxin. Alcohol antibiotics aspirin and of course ssri. İ am not suitable for this medicated world. Too prehistoric. 

don't be blaming your body virgo ,its not your fault society and humanity are clueless .did you have anxiety before drugs .

your system is supper sensitive ,its not an ego thing so don't let it become one .

I will agree its hard when we are struggling ,I caught myself comparing myself to man I know in he's fifties,a chain smoking ,bad eating ,binge drinker and he is fine living life ,its so frustrating to watch .I gave up alcohol 2.5 years ago thinking I was great ,but ide nearly replace this for the hangovers all over again [or would I who knows ;)]

We got to keep the light on in our heart .

PB 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

7 hours ago, virgo43 said:

Diet: its better than before.

Mind: Still anger.  Memory and cognitive issues and fog. Missing emotions.

But better to feel sit and quiet.

I can go for walk now. Find it difficult but better. Sleep is also little better

And yes there is burning sensation and sweating. While all people around feel heat, i feel little cold due to unregulated body temperature.

So all things better but far away from original me.

Its after almost 2 years of drug free.

I wrote that only because to assure that you are not the only one. 

But as Powerback said, its wisest not to compare with me.  And this goes for everyone.

08/13 - 01/14

02/14 - 05/14
11/14 - 08/15

Dear friends thanks. İ am not comparing with anyone but you read my comments and my condition. Yet i am not drug free either. My symptoms escalate and takes me a couple days to settle down.Turned into a bed ridden and dependent person. İt is really hard on parentsnd family friends also. İ understand them. They believe the doctors. For most these meds are helpful for very few people meds are harmful. The doctors say we gave it to hundreds. many of my cousins took it with No side effects. Öne of my friends took it for recreation purposes. These meds are like candy. 1 in 10 are taking. İt means 4 mil are taking in Turkey. Out of that There must be somebody somewhere. same with us. Only very few of us are on this forum.  There must be hundreds of thousands in the world. where are they? 

İ really cant believe we got the jackpot. as for myself i prefer any other form of addiction. Any other form of illness. at least the doctors they know what iş going on. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Ok I should say i did experience mild serotonin syndrome where the down regulation happened.  It is like impact of lsd on the brain. 

The doctors say the drug leaves the body within 3 days therefore the effect is gone. Actually it leaves an imprint. Finally this is what happened to us. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

After a difficult day I wanted to thank all of u for being there and for ur endless support.

Do we have any stats regarding ssri use number of hospitalizations number of deaths. I found some numbers but it doesn't indicate the cause.

Is it one drug or multiple? 

Dear moderators how many members do we have? 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends.

In my country doctors are considered semi gods. Today again I got a warning from family members to follow doctor's advice. I keep telling them my condition is very rare most doctors don't see it in their careers please give me 1% trust. Every single day this is happening. I keep telling them to read stories of my friends fellow sufferers their pain and please listen for once. They refuse to listen. Can someone end my pain. They tell me I am stubborn but refuse to read the links I sent. Refuse the information available.  I have ocd because of this. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

You sounded same for what I faced. 

Nobody listened, my elder sister, my parents .. cousins nobody.. 

I still dont know the reason.. but I now avoid telling them.

08/13 - 01/14

02/14 - 05/14
11/14 - 08/15

Dear friends. 

I am having very difficult days. The usual symptoms shakes tremors hot flashes extreme thirst and now in addition to all that during early morning  I had severe agitation severe migraine,  and dry mouth and soon after confusion. This is first. I  didn't know where I was. I don't know how long it lasted. My ears were ringing I had racing thoughts.

I am seriously ill and this could get worse. Really exhausted.

Keep telling my family that they should read this amazing website and look at our ordeal. They refuse to listen. In my country doctors are considered semi gods. They keep saying AD meds are harmless we prescribe it to hundreds people recover. 

Hidden disease

Psychosomatic

Extreme anxiety

According to their DSM version 5.

I had a normal life. Who ever wants I can give my identity and contact details.  Everyone wants to help each other here we all want to read success stories I am sorry. I get nothing by sharing all this other than give u bad news but it is very important to let u know. 

Please read below. It says delirium can happen with medication withdrawal.

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-delirium-98052?utm_term=Delirium+Tremens+Medical&utm_content=p1-main-1-more&utm_medium=sem-rel&utm_source=msn_s&utm_campaign=adid-6c3a4f58-8005-4303-a9b9-1de80f48f108-0-ab_msb_ocode-31748&ad=semD&an=msn_s&am=broad&q=Delirium+Tremens+Medical&o=31748&qsrc=6&l=sem&askid=6c3a4f58-8005-4303-a9b9-1de80f48f108-0-ab_msb

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends. It looks like sympathetic nervous system is malfunctioning. We also can assume positive and negative feedback mechanism is not working also. 

I found out from the links sent by BTDT . How is dlbtdt doing? Last time was july.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear Bhasski. D id u try Tiamin other vitamin b supplements

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

How have things been since your post last Wednesday?  Keeping hydrated might seem a basic step, but it is very important with those symptoms you list. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.