SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

virgo43: severe symptoms

virgo43

For those of u who are interested. 

The topic is.

SSRI induced Neurotoxicity. 

Please read. Please click the Facebook page also

https://healthunlocked.com/mental-health-support/posts/135846996/ssri-lexapro-induced-neurotoxicity

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have extremely raw nerves where everything, including a weather change when about to rain, and every noise cause suicidal anguish and electricity through you?  Like there is an electric tension in you and your brain?

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

There is electric tension and occasional mild akathisia restlessness. it is not related to weather change either. 

U can see my symptoms if u read the first few pages of thw blog.

Still at 25mg zoloft holding on for a while but want to lower it to 20mg. 

My main problem is the calcification in the brain and loop the feedback mechanism is disrupted.  Symptoms really escalate and then after few days of rest fade away. 

The other concern is the lack of empathy and understanding from friends family and medical professionals in my country. 

How can I put myself into this condition? Which ever side u believe evolution or creation it simply is not possible for our bodies to end up like this with a month or two of depression. The modern western science and the horrible meds that were given out carelessly caused all this. It is like early days of penicillin. Some patients passed away while most others healed quickly. The scientists wondered why then realised that a few can be allergic. Same with ssris antipsychotic meds. 

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Most are aware but good to listen

Edited by ChessieCat
removed duplicate video

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 2 months later...

Dear friends and esteemed moderators.

i have not posted for a while.

i am not doing good and clearly have neuro toxic condition. i have decided to keep it to myself as we all need motivation. 

please pm me occasionally.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 2 weeks later...

please send an email to

petitions@parliament.scot

with 

subject: pe01651

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 3 months later...

warning.

dear friends. 

just wanted to say hello and thanks to all for support.

same like before really struggling and not making progress. finding it very hard.

protein and sunshine causes increase in symptoms. like a heat wave coming down from my head.

this is very strange.

a dr said again it looks like i used chemical substances like meth.

just ssri only.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Hi,

Dont bother what doctor's or others say.

You know what you have done.

Hope you find some good doctors there.. 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • 1 month later...

warning.

dear friends. another update

same like before really struggling and not making progress. finding it very hard protein and sunshine causes increase in symptoms.

stayed in hospital  for 8 days blood work came with terrible results. drs said they cant do much.

they recommended a detox clinic where they load the patients with vitamins and protein and do daily sessions of sauna. 

not very good in general hope is fading.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Virgo, what was terrible about your blood results, can you share them with us?  Did you start tapering zoloft?  

In your message you said you were having seizures, have you changed anything lately?  

I am sorry that you are stiil feeling bad, and hope things change for you soon. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

wbc

rbc

are very very high.

thyroid ok.

heart rate and bp fluctuate a lot.

they said there is an infection in the body but there isnt.

body is allergic to smthng.

endocrine system is affected.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 6 months later...

Havent posted for a while.

got another blood test to see improvement.

same as before

wbc,rbc,hgb,crp is high

hormones are terribly off too.

did 3-4 months of detox

sauna, water etc but 

I am really struggling.

my friends established 

"anti psychiatry website and reached 1000member is a few months increasing by 30 members daily. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

1 hour ago, virgo43 said:

Havent posted for a while.

got another blood test to see improvement.

same as before

wbc,rbc,hgb,crp is high

hormones are terribly off too.

did 3-4 months of detox

sauna, water etc but 

I am really struggling.

my friends established 

"anti psychiatry website and reached 1000member is a few months increasing by 30 members daily. 

Hi virgo43 good to hear from you,i was doing some research on saunas [was thinking of using them myself],I was put off them because of the stress it can put on a persons body in withdrawl ,the guy I listened to said it can raise cortisol ,we need to be very careful when ill.all the research out is done on "normal" body's with these .if you take a break for a few weeks and judge if your symptoms are better ,something to think about .

He put is as "putting  the body into a stressful environment that its not used to  ",ie,the body isn't used to extreme temperature and very low air ,build up slowly so the body gets used to it . 

Take care . 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

thanks a lot for the suggestion hope u are doing well.

there is excess serotonin build up in the body and it is stored in fat and muscles. Therefore we need to get it out. that is what detox experts at the clinic told me.

i guess it is easier to get off cocaine than ssri. 

it is a mystery and we have long way to go.

i am just too tired of this struggle

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• 5 months later...