Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quest

Moderator note:  Link to Quest's benzo thread - Quest - benzo thread

 

Guess I will start by saying hi and letting you all know that this site gives me some much needed hope.  I have been fighting this effexor xr battle now for 11 years.  Was put on 37.5 mgs of Effexor in May of 2006 and the 75 mgs 3 weeks later for extreme anxiety which they labeled GAD.  A month later zoplicone 3.75 mgs to sleep.  Never took drugs before other than an antibiotic, so man oh man this was rough on me.  Took 4 months to function on them while trying to raise a 10, 8 and 3 year old.  

 

Over the years tried at least 4 or 5 times to wean off by typical drs. Orders which always resulted in a crash 2-3 months later.  I have always exercised, eat healthy, acupuncture, various healing modalities viatimins- you name it trying to be strong enough to stay off these drugs.  It wasn't until last year that I even heard about paws, it certainly is not something any of my drs. Believe exists.  They continuously tell me to stop trying to come off, I have a chemical imbalance and I will be on some form of anti depressant for a lifetime!  

 

I can not accept this mentality.  Yes in the beginning Effexor helped to calm my anxiety but it is no longer doing so and I just don't think adding another drug or two into the mix will help either.  Zoplicone is another problem for me.  Thank the Lord I never went past a 7.5 tablet.  What a horrendous drug to come off. I just recently took 3.75 mgs to sleep again, ( how defeating after being off for 5 months!) but my drs. Other options were seroquel or remeron or elavil.  

 

I have tried every herb and tincture for sleep as well as cbd oil.  They help for a short time and then tolerance sets in.  I have been off of effexor xr for 2 months and then again crashed even after tapering 10% every two weeks which I now know was way too fast.  I reinstated 5 mgs on July 28/17 and took a 3.75 Mg of Z  on July 30/17 to sleep.  I am hoping this time to do it right and would appreciate any help or words of wisdom.

 

 I suffer from wicked anxiety that never seems to shut off and I am not wanting to go on cipralex or cymbalta at this time as my dr. Suggests.  So very scared at this time.  Feeling very fragile ~ 

Edited by Shep
added white space (Karen), added mod note (Shep)

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Hi Quest, welcome to SA. I am sorry to see that you are struggling with the evil effexor, I had it too and it is a nightmare drug! My doctor also told me I would need it for life, and I would dearly love to see him now and tell him I am free of the stuff after 12 or 13 years on it!  Sadly the sleep is an issue I still struggle with although it is better than it was. I just cope somehow and as long as I can get a good rest and relax I do ok. I too tried everything but refused any sleeping pills after a trial of Z made me sick.

I have some questions for you, if you click the quote button my reply will appear in your reply box and you can put answers underneath the questions. 

 

You reinstated 5mg of effexor, how do you get the 5mg?  

 

Have you felt any better or worse since reinstating?

 

How long have you been taking zopiclone and have you tapered that too? 

 

 

 

Often a very tiny dose is best, I reinstated just 1mg ( 5 beads) and it was too much, I am wondering if 5 mg is a bit high for you. 

 

 

It would help us if you can fill in your signature for us with details of your taper and drug history. YOu can find instructions here..

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

 

About reinstating to stabilise. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

 

10 hours ago, mammaP said:

Hi Quest, welcome to SA. I am sorry to see that you are struggling with the evil effexor, I had it too and it is a nightmare drug! ...

 

I have some questions for you, if you click the quote button my reply will appear in your reply box and you can put answers underneath the questions. 

 

You reinstated 5mg of effexor, how do you get the 5mg?  

Had some left from compound when getting off my last 37.5.  Opened two and seen around 21 beads so have been making my own now.  Have been taking the 25 beads for 4 days now, should I lower this?  

 

Have you felt any better or worse since reinstating?

Felt good day one, very bad anxiety day 2, took a 3.75 mg of Zoplicone to try and sleep night 2, helped, but did nothing last night.  Woke up today day 4 extreme anxiety and no sleep.  Am even considering a half of a .25 cloazapam that a Dr. Gave me last week.  Feels like I am losing it!

 

How long have you been taking zopiclone and have you tapered that too? 

I took Zoplicone with effexor xr for the past 11 years.  I had been off Zoplicone 3.75 as of March 1, 2017 but am so desperate for sleep i tried again these past two nights.  Drs. Don't have much else to offer other than remeron or seroquel and I am so scared to try these..

...

 I did do my drug signature, but will try again...... Not feeling very smart trying to navigate this sight.  Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate all the help I can get.  Do I reduce my bead dose tomorrow?  By how much do you suggest?

Edited by scallywag
trimmed quote to relevant portions

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Can you see my signature now?  Don't know if I am doing this right.

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Thank you for answering the questions Quest, your signature is fine thank you for that also.  You could reduce the dose down to 1 mg and see how that goes. Is the anxiety and agitation worse than before reinstating?  It takes 4 days to reach a steady state in the blood so you will need to take the same dose for 4 days to see how it is going to affect you. If 5mg is too high it could be a few days to settle from that. For now I would avoid the zopiclone so we can tell if the effexor reinstatement will be successful. Ypu could be suffering rebound anxiety from the dose you took. When we know how you are going to be with effexor you cpuld then think about reinstating zopliclone. It would be better then to take it every day instead of occasionally to keep it at a steady level. I would avoid the benzo, we need to see how you react to the effexor, one thing at a time. When you are more stable on regular doses we can think about tapering again.  I hope this works for you, it can make a huge difference but can be some time before being able to restart tapering. THere's no rush, feeling well is more important than rushing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Thank you so much for getting back to me.  It is day 4 today of taking approximately 20 beads.  First day was good, day2 horrible anxiety, day 3 was manageable and today terrible anxiety from about 2:00 am this morning.  So would 1 mg be about 5 beads?  Do I start tomorrow day 5 with this? Do you figure this will skyrocket my anxiety dropping 15 beads?  Right this moment my anxiety is 9/10 but yesterday about a 3/10.  Can not believe how much this drug messes with my mind.  Any suggestions for sleep, getting pretty desperate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Totally horrible anxiety all day.  Do I decrease the 20 beads down to 5 for tomorrow?  Any ideas for sleep to note, i am so tired~?any advice appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
4 minutes ago, Quest said:

Totally horrible anxiety all day.  Do I decrease the 20 beads down to 5 for tomorrow?  Any ideas for sleep to note, i am so tired~?any advice appreciated.  

distract yourself ,I often go to bed listening to a boring documentary,podcast .I put all my focus into what there saying and then I'm asleep.i listen to politics. Henry Kissinger lately .

if we lie there worrying we wont sleep we wont ,like the pink elephant saying .

have you got a technique before going to bed .

when I was at my worst I had to go walking in the evenings .

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Thank you for a reply.  Will try~

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

As of August 1,2017 the Drs. Put me on 7.5 remeron for sleep and anxiety and told me to stop instantly the 5 mgs of effexor as it is useless at that amount.  It is now August 19 and I just two days ago was raised to 15 mgs of remeron.  I feel terrible. I am going to just take 7.5 tonite and I am wondering how to i get off the remainder of the 7.5.  Do I need to wean after 19 days on?  How do I do this?  Any advice?  I am so confused.  I have been trying not to take the 3.75 mg of Zoplicone but that is the only thing giving me sleep, even if it is 2-3 hours.  Do I start effexor xr again? What can I do to help myself?  Any reply would be appreciated.  Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Hi Quest,

 

What symptoms are you currently experiencing?  Have you noticed any of your symptoms improving?

Share this post


Link to post
nz11
On 7/31/2017 at 5:39 AM, Quest said:

I have been fighting this effexor xr battle now for 11 years.

The wdl survey would be a great way to table these difficulties. Maybe you have already done the survey?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Not yet~ And Chessie Cat I am experiencing etreme anxiety and insomnia.  Went back down to 7.5 mgs of remeron and it has been 20 days on it.  Just doing this has increased my anxiety and I don't know whether to stay on it or quit.  When asking 2 drs. For their opinion they shrug and say do a day on and day off for a week and stop and psychiatrist says stay on and go back up in dose.  So torn because I know stopping this will result in even worse anxiety.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Please could someone help me with what to do, am feeling very desperate at the moment.  I do not quite know how to navigate this site, my head is so very jumbled.  Do I restart effexor, how much?  Do not know what to do with this anxiety and insomnia.  So very scared and don't know if I should go back on the little bit of remeron or simply leave it as I was only on it a month.  Am I even posting I. The right place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 01/08/2017 at 9:41 AM, powerback said:

distract yourself ,I often go to bed listening to a boring documentary,podcast .I put all my focus into what there saying and then I'm asleep.i listen to politics. Henry Kissinger lately .

if we lie there worrying we wont sleep we wont ,like the pink elephant saying .

have you got a technique before going to bed .

when I was at my worst I had to go walking in the evenings .

I tried to distract myself and nothing works.  I went off the remeron after only one month and only two days and I feel it.  I don't know if I restart effexor after 3 months or did I really do a number on my brain with a month of remeron.  What can I do to restabalize?  Do you have any ideas?  All the drs. Want to do is start me on another antidepressant.  I am so tired of all the indecision.  I can't sleep barely can eat and am trying so hard to help my family.  My oldest daughter 23, just woke up two weeks ago with a viral infection that made her deaf!  What the h***!  I need to be strong and I am so very weak right now.  Any ideas or a direction.  I think on Tuesday I have to restart effexor as the anxiety is brutal, or do I stay off and go back on remeron?

Edited by JanCarol
language

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-07-31 at 9:04 AM, mammaP said:

Hi Quest, welcome to SA. I am sorry to see that you are struggling with the evil effexor, I had it too and it is a nightmare drug! My doctor also told me I would need it for life, and I would dearly love to see him now and tell him I am free of the stuff after 12 or 13 years on it!  Sadly the sleep is an issue I still struggle with although it is better than it was. I just cope somehow and as long as I can get a good rest and relax I do ok. I too tried everything but refused any sleeping pills after a trial of Z made me sick.

I have some questions for you, if you click the quote button my reply will appear in your reply box and you can put answers underneath the questions. 

 

You reinstated 5mg of effexor, how do you get the 5mg?  

 

Have you felt any better or worse since reinstating?

 

How long have you been taking zopiclone and have you tapered that too? 

 

 

 

Often a very tiny dose is best, I reinstated just 1mg ( 5 beads) and it was too much, I am wondering if 5 mg is a bit high for you. 

 

 

It would help us if you can fill in your signature for us with details of your taper and drug history. YOu can find instructions here..

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

 

About reinstating to stabilise. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

 

Mammap do you have any advice on what I shoul do?  Please anything would be appreciated.  Being on remeron for a month really messed me up.  I stopped it, been off two days and going mental.  Do I just reinstate effexor at this point?  Drs. Want me to go on pristique or cipralex.  Will effexor even help my anxiety?  After 3 months?  What can I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata
Quote

 

As of August 1,2017 the Drs. Put me on 7.5 remeron for sleep and anxiety and told me to stop instantly the 5 mgs of effexor as it is useless at that amount.  It is now August 19 and I just two days ago was raised to 15 mgs of remeron.  I feel terrible. I am going to just take 7.5 tonite and I am wondering how to i get off the remainder of the 7.5.


 

Quest, did these symptoms start when you went off 5mg Effexor?

 

If so, they may not be from the Remeron. In that case, I would take 5mg Effexor again. It was keeping you from having withdrawal symptoms. Most doctors don't understand this.

 

Or did the symptoms start when you increase Remeron to 15mg? If so, what symptoms, exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Quest, did these symptoms start when you went off 5mg Effexor?

 

If so, they may not be from the Remeron. In that case, I would take 5mg Effexor again. It was keeping you from having withdrawal symptoms. Most doctors don't understand this.

 

Or did the symptoms start when you increase Remeron to 15mg? If so, what symptoms, exactly?

Because I stopped the 5 mgs of effexor after 4 days and started the 7.5 mgs of remeron right away for a month I would assume it was both?  Going on the remeron was not easy either and certainly just stopping the 5 mgs of effexor was not good either.  The last three nights without remeron I have felt increased anxiety and sleeplessness.  

 

Have taken 1/2 of 3.75 of zoplicone to even get a few hours of sleep even when I was on the remeron.  When I was reducing the effexor I was never stable, just kept thinking if I could get off I would feel better.  I so realize my mistake now, but I have to deal with what I have done now.  

 

Was having pain in my right side and A Dr. Gave urine test and swab and said I had a streptococcus anginosis infection and now on top of this says to go on pencilling for 7 days!  Don't even want to do this because I know my body is so weak already.  My naturopathic Dr. Says that I am undermethylated and wants me to start a  vitamin protocol.  Right now all I want is some form of my life back.  

 

The symptoms of really bad anxiety and insomnia started in June, about a month off effexor totally.  Total withdrawl, but one thinks they can handle it until it gets to the stupid point like now.  

 

Altostrata, I really appreciate you getting back to me, have I totally wrecked my chances after 3 months off effexor and that one month on the remeron?  5 mgs of effexor is approx. 20 beads of 37.5 dose.  I just counted them and did not weigh.  

 

Where does one buy a reliable scale?  I am in alberta, Canada.  Do you think starting back on 37.5 is something I shoul do after being on the remeron?  

 

Thank you in advance for any reply, very lost at the moment.

Edited by baroquep
White space

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
1 minute ago, Quest said:

Because I stopped the 5 mgs of effexor after 4 days and started the 7.5 mgs of remeron right away for a month I would assume it was both?  Going on the remeron was not easy either and certainly just stopping the 5 mgs of effexor was not good either.  The last three nights without remeron I have felt increased anxiety and sleeplessness.  Have taken 1/2 of 3.75 of zoplicone to even get a few hours of sleep even when I was on the remeron.  When I was reducing the effexor I was never stable, just kept thinking if I could get off I would feel better.  I so realize my mistake now, but I have to deal with what I have done now.  Was having pain in my right side and A Dr. Gave urine test and swab and said I had a streptococcus anginosis infection and now on top of this says to go on pencilling for 7 days!  Don't even want to do this because I know my body is so weak already.  My naturopathic Dr. Says that I am undermethylated and wants me to start a  vitamin protocol.  Right now all I want is some form of my life back.  The symptoms of really bad anxiety and insomnia started in June, about a month off effexor totally.  Total withdrawl, but one thinks they can handle it until it gets to the stupid point like now.  Altostrata, I really appreciate you getting back to me, have I totally wrecked my chances after 3 months off effexor and that one month on the remeron?  5 mgs of effexor is approx. 20 beads of 37.5 dose.  I just counted them and did not weigh.  Where does one buy a reliable scale?  I am in alberta, Canada.  Do you think starting back on 37.5 is something I shoul do after being on the remeron?  Thank you in advance for any reply, very lost at the moment.

The symptoms on Sept. 1 were amplified after I stopped the remeron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Does anyone have any advice on whether to reinstate or not?  It has been three months off effexor and I don't even know how many balls to try and how to know if it even works....

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Have you read this topic?  Post #1 has lots of excellent informationAbout reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

 

The way I make the decision about updosing is I ask myself this question:  Am I able to live with the symptoms I am experiencing?  A couple of times my answer was no, I can't, so I updosed.  However there were a couple of times when I decided that I was able to live with them so I didn't updose.

 

Only you can make the decision whether you should reinstate.

 

If you do decide to reinstate it is best to start with a very small dose to see how you react.  0.5 mg may be enough to take the edge of your symptoms.  These drugs are strong and your brain will have already made some changes since you have been off.  If there is an issue you can stop immediately.  If you find that after a few days that your symptoms haven't worsened but also haven't improved and your symptoms are unbearable then you could increase by a very small amount.  It is better to start at a low dose and add more later than to take a higher dose.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Have you read this topic?  Post #1 has lots of excellent informationAbout reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

 

The way I make the decision about updosing is I ask myself this question:  Am I able to live with the symptoms I am experiencing?  A couple of times my answer was no, I can't, so I updosed.  However there were a couple of times when I decided that I was able to live with them so I didn't updose.

 

Only you can make the decision whether you should reinstate.

 

If you do decide to reinstate it is best to start with a very small dose to see how you react.  0.5 mg may be enough to take the edge of your symptoms.  These drugs are strong and your brain will have already made some changes since you have been off.  If there is an issue you can stop immediately.  If you find that after a few days that your symptoms haven't worsened but also haven't improved and your symptoms are unbearable then you could increase by a very small amount.  It is better to start at a low dose and add more later than to take a higher dose.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I appreciate any advice, just scared right now and the remeron for a month did not help my cause as I have just been off that for 4 days now as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

If you find that after a few days that your symptoms haven't worsened but also haven't improved and your symptoms are unbearable then you could increase by a very small amount.

 

It takes about 4 days for a dose change to get to full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  Keeping notes will help you to evaluate whether your symptoms have improved because sometimes we don't "feel" any change.

 

Keep Notes on Paper

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
12 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Have you read this topic?  Post #1 has lots of excellent informationAbout reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

 

The way I make the decision about updosing is I ask myself this question:  Am I able to live with the symptoms I am experiencing?  A couple of times my answer was no, I can't, so I updosed.  However there were a couple of times when I decided that I was able to live with them so I didn't updose.

 

Only you can make the decision whether you should reinstate.

 

If you do decide to reinstate it is best to start with a very small dose to see how you react.  0.5 mg may be enough to take the edge of your symptoms.  These drugs are strong and your brain will have already made some changes since you have been off.  If there is an issue you can stop immediately.  If you find that after a few days that your symptoms haven't worsened but also haven't improved and your symptoms are unbearable then you could increase by a very small amount.  It is better to start at a low dose and add more later than to take a higher dose.

Would .5 be 5 of theballs of effexor, and do I go back to the 3.75 of remeron as well as it is day 5 off. I had terrible every time you close your eyes anxiety last night!  Close to panic.  Took a 5 mg sublinox to get even 3 hrs. Of sleep.  The withdrawls could still be effexor which were masked by the remeron or both.  Don't want to be stuck on two but want to stabalize, if possible. Would I just go after effexor at this point ?  Because I was only on remeron for one month, or just do remeron.  Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

Hi Quest, likely what you are still experiencing are the effects of withdrawing from Effexor too quickly, with Remeron making things worse.  You've had a lot of changes in the last year and while I understand the reasoning behind doing what you did, it has just made things worse.  At this point, I don't think I would reinstate the Remeron and just try and stabilize on the Effexor.  

I am not familiar with counting beads but will come back with that information shortly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
2 minutes ago, baroquep said:

Hi Quest, likely what you are still experiencing are the effects of withdrawing from Effexor too quickly, with Remeron making things worse.  You've had a lot of changes in the last year and while I understand the reasoning behind doing what you did, it has just made things worse.  At this point, I don't think I would reinstate the Remeron and just try and stabilize on the Effexor.  

I am not familiar with counting beads but will come back with that information shortly.  

Thank you so much for answering, I will attempt to reinstate today, just don't know how much, how can I handle the anxiety and no sleep.  I guess sticking with the zoplicone is better at this time than switching to sublinox.  Get so desperate feeling~ the newest was from remeron suck too.  Constant anxiety at night is killing me.  Am going to counselling and even tried hypnosis.  No appetite but forcing myself to eat as healthy as possible.  Thank you for reaching out, feels like a life line- appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

Quest, I was able to find this information on determining the dosage.  Please be aware that there are differences between versions, brand name vs. generics, bead size, etc. so you will want to have a good read through the topic to determine the dosage in the number of beads of the type of Effexor you were taking.  It would appear that generally 3 beads = 1mg.  

 

I see that you are also in Canada and wonder whether you would be able to have a compounding pharmacy prepare your doses for you?  is this an option?  I know it won't solve your problem immediately, but down the road it is a good option. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
5 minutes ago, baroquep said:

Quest, I was able to find this information on determining the dosage.  Please be aware that there are differences between versions, brand name vs. generics, bead size, etc. so you will want to have a good read through the topic to determine the dosage in the number of beads of the type of Effexor you were taking.  It would appear that generally 3 beads = 1mg.  

 

I see that you are also in Canada and wonder whether you would be able to have a compounding pharmacy prepare your doses for you?  is this an option?  I know it won't solve your problem immediately, but down the road it is a good option. 

 

 

After 3 months of being off I do not know what dose to start with.  

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

Hi again, please familiarize yourself with the reinstatement process.  You are likely going to feel a lot worse before you feel better.  It's important to make changes slowly, even through the uncomfortable symptoms until you stabilize.  I know it's human nature to want a quick fix, but in most cases when the CNS has been destabilized and we make too many abrupt changes, this will not only make things worse but take us a lot longer to heal.  Slow and steady, with few changes along the way is the only way to proceed.  Please make sure to keep track of your symptoms over the next couple of weeks so that you can measure your progress and document whether you are heading in the right direction.  

I know the anxiety is the worst, I'd wake up with a feeling of doom for longer than I care to remember, some days I didn't think it was going to end.  Let me reassure you that it did, but it takes time, extreme patience and the ability to learn non-drug methods of coping with the uncomfortable symptoms until we stabilize.  After running into trouble a couple of times during my taper from Effexor over the last year, I learned that I had to go very slow, discontinue most supplements I was taking, make as few changes as possible and to treat myself with tender-loving kindness, it does get better even when it feels like it won't!!!

 

Please be prepared to hold for two to three months or longer (unless you have an adverse reaction) without making any changes.  Please let us know how you do over the next couple of weeks and don't forget to keep track of your symptoms.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Neuro Emotions
Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

 

10 minutes ago, Quest said:

After 3 months of being off I do not know what dose to start with.  

 

You want to start low, say somewhere between 0.5mg-1mg.  The trick is to try and stabilize at the lowest dose possible.  These drugs are very powerful even in small doses.  If you start low and titrate up as needed you will be able to achieve this.  

 

17 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Have you read this topic?  Post #1 has lots of excellent informationAbout reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

 

The way I make the decision about updosing is I ask myself this question:  Am I able to live with the symptoms I am experiencing?  A couple of times my answer was no, I can't, so I updosed.  However there were a couple of times when I decided that I was able to live with them so I didn't updose.

 

Only you can make the decision whether you should reinstate.

 

If you do decide to reinstate it is best to start with a very small dose to see how you react.  0.5 mg may be enough to take the edge of your symptoms.  These drugs are strong and your brain will have already made some changes since you have been off.  If there is an issue you can stop immediately.  If you find that after a few days that your symptoms haven't worsened but also haven't improved and your symptoms are unbearable then you could increase by a very small amount.  It is better to start at a low dose and add more later than to take a higher dose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Hi Quest, Baroque has given you some excellent suggestions. First you need to find out how many beads there are in a capsule then work out the dosage. My effexor had 5 beads to 1mg but there are many different brands and they all have different size beads. IT is a pain in the rear counting those beads but it really is important to get this right and takes less than an hour. Make piles of 20 on a dark cloth then count the piles. That was my method! There is a liquid effexor here in the UK, you could ask at the pharmacy if it is available in Canada. My doctor didn't know it existed until I told him and gave him the name and dosing information that the pharmacist had given me. 

 

Zopiclone, how often have you been taking it and at what dose? If it is every day but differing doses you will need to keep taking it at a steady dose, you could be having interdose withdrawal from that too.  IT will take some time to get stable but it will happen. It took me 6 or 7 months to stabilise enough to restart my taper. It wasn't 6 months full on withdrawal but windows and waves before finally settling for 2 or 3 months before restarting. It is best to hold for a few weeks or months when stable just to let your brain catch up. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-03 at 0:00 PM, mammaP said:

Hi Quest, Baroque has given you some excellent suggestions. First you need to find out how many beads there are in a capsule then work out the dosage. My effexor had 5 beads to 1mg but there are many different brands and they all have different size beads. IT is a pain in the rear counting those beads but it really is important to get this right and takes less than an hour. Make piles of 20 on a dark cloth then count the piles. That was my method! There is a liquid effexor here in the UK, you could ask at the pharmacy if it is available in Canada. My doctor didn't know it existed until I told him and gave him the name and dosing information that the pharmacist had given me. 

 

Zopiclone, how often have you been taking it and at what dose? If it is every day but differing doses you will need to keep taking it at a steady dose, you could be having interdose withdrawal from that too.  IT will take some time to get stable but it will happen. It took me 6 or 7 months to stabilise enough to restart my taper. It wasn't 6 months full on withdrawal but windows and waves before finally settling for 2 or 3 months before restarting. It is best to hold for a few weeks or months when stable just to let your brain catch up. 

 

 

Abseloutely no sleep last night, zoplicone 3.75 didn't touch the insomnia.  Totally in a panic mode right now, anxiety through the roof.  Took 5 mgs of effexor yesterday, do I do this again or reduce amount?  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-03 at 11:01 AM, baroquep said:

 

 

You want to start low, say somewhere between 0.5mg-1mg.  The trick is to try and stabilize at the lowest dose possible.  These drugs are very powerful even in small doses.  If you start low and titrate up as needed you will be able to achieve this.  

 

 

I started at 5 mgs, yesterday and feel horrible anxiety and no sleep today.  Did I start too high?  Do I try 1 mg dose today as it has only been a day or stay at 5 mg dose.  Please answer as I have to take it within the hour~. So anxious

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-02 at 5:47 AM, Quest said:

Because I stopped the 5 mgs of effexor after 4 days and started the 7.5 mgs of remeron right away for a month I would assume it was both?  Going on the remeron was not easy either and certainly just stopping the 5 mgs of effexor was not good either.  The last three nights without remeron I have felt increased anxiety and sleeplessness.  

 

Have taken 1/2 of 3.75 of zoplicone to even get a few hours of sleep even when I was on the remeron.  When I was reducing the effexor I was never stable, just kept thinking if I could get off I would feel better.  I so realize my mistake now, but I have to deal with what I have done now.  

 

Was having pain in my right side and A Dr. Gave urine test and swab and said I had a streptococcus anginosis infection and now on top of this says to go on pencilling for 7 days!  Don't even want to do this because I know my body is so weak already.  My naturopathic Dr. Says that I am undermethylated and wants me to start a  vitamin protocol.  Right now all I want is some form of my life back.  

 

The symptoms of really bad anxiety and insomnia started in June, about a month off effexor totally.  Total withdrawl, but one thinks they can handle it until it gets to the stupid point like now.  

 

Altostrata, I really appreciate you getting back to me, have I totally wrecked my chances after 3 months off effexor and that one month on the remeron?  5 mgs of effexor is approx. 20 beads of 37.5 dose.  I just counted them and did not weigh.  

 

Where does one buy a reliable scale?  I am in alberta, Canada.  Do you think starting back on 37.5 is something I shoul do after being on the remeron?  

 

Thank you in advance for any reply, very lost at the moment.

Altostrata I am in dire need of help.  Took 5 mgs of the effexor and am feeling so anxious and panicked today.  Zoplicone 3.75 didn't touch my sleep last night either.  Because it was one day do I reduce to trying 1 mg today instead of the 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, Quest said:

Altostrata I am in dire need of help.  Took 5 mgs of the effexor and am feeling so anxious and panicked today.  Zoplicone 3.75 didn't touch my sleep last night either.  Because it was one day do I reduce to trying 1 mg today instead of the 5?

Is this from being off remeron for 6 days as well?

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Try not to panic, it is really stressful but you need to try and stay calm. 5mg probably is too much, you would be better to try 1mg as it's only been one dose. It will take time to stabilise but it is very important to stick to the same dose every day. How are you taking ZOPICLONE? This is important too. We want you to feel better and stabilise and need to know about the zopiclone doses. Is SUBLINOX another drug or is it the zopiclone?  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.