Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quest
3 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Try not to panic, it is really stressful but you need to try and stay calm. 5mg probably is too much, you would be better to try 1mg as it's only been one dose. It will take time to stabilise but it is very important to stick to the same dose every day. How are you taking ZOPICLONE? This is important too. We want you to feel better and stabilise and need to know about the zopiclone doses. Is SUBLINOX another drug or is it the zopiclone?  

No sublinox is basically zolpidem or ambien.  I have been halving the 3.75 of zoplicone and taking first half and then second after I startle awake or first half doesn't help.  It is once again becoming ineffective.  That is why I tried the 5 mgs of sublinox the other night.  I am running on zero sleep.  Going mental.  Do you think taking the 3 balls down from the 15 will skyrocket the anxiety?  My dr. Wants me to try seroquel to sleep and told me to take . 25 of clonazepam.  For the anxiety.  Is there no relief?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
14 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Try not to panic, it is really stressful but you need to try and stay calm. 5mg probably is too much, you would be better to try 1mg as it's only been one dose. It will take time to stabilise but it is very important to stick to the same dose every day. How are you taking ZOPICLONE? This is important too. We want you to feel better and stabilise and need to know about the zopiclone doses. Is SUBLINOX another drug or is it the zopiclone?  

Do I reinstate the remeron?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
2 minutes ago, Quest said:

Do I reinstate the remeron?

On May 30 th I had reinstated at 5 mgs of effexor before I started the remeron on August 1/17 and just stopped it when I started the remeron.  That is why I restarted on the 5 mgs. Again.  Now do not know what to do!

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

No do not reinstate remeron, you are suffering effexor withdrawal and it looks like 5mg could be too high for you. Your nervous system is unstable because of all the changes. Your doctor doesn't know very much about how lower doses can be very powerful and underestimated the power of 5mg.  You need the same doses, every day, osf boithe zopiclone and effexor now that you have been taking zopiclone regularly. If it helps you to sleep then use it. You can taper it later. I would avoid the benzo, it might help but they cause rebound anxiety and that gets people addicted. You can do without the added anxiety from a benzo.  How do you feel after taking the 5mg effexor?  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
3 minutes ago, mammaP said:

No do not reinstate remeron, you are suffering effexor withdrawal and it looks like 5mg could be too high for you. Your nervous system is unstable because of all the changes. Your doctor doesn't know very much about how lower doses can be very powerful and underestimated the power of 5mg.  You need the same doses, every day, osf boithe zopiclone and effexor now that you have been taking zopiclone regularly. If it helps you to sleep then use it. You can taper it later. I would avoid the benzo, it might help but they cause rebound anxiety and that gets people addicted. You can do without the added anxiety from a benzo.  How do you feel after taking the 5mg effexor?  

Yesterday during day was not too bad but last night trying to sleep outrageous anxiety.  I was feeling real anxious this morning but have been feeling more so after stopping the remeron.  I am two hours past taking something, I am beyond indecisive right now!  I need something to help calm the anxiety so I will take another 5 mgs and Hope for the best.  Do not know what else at this point and am too scared to try another antidepressant.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, Quest said:

Yesterday during day was not too bad but last night trying to sleep outrageous anxiety.  I was feeling real anxious this morning but have been feeling more so after stopping the remeron.  I am two hours past taking something, I am beyond indecisive right now!  I need something to help calm the anxiety so I will take another 5 mgs and Hope for the best.  Do not know what else at this point and am too scared to try another antidepressant.

 

 

 

Or do I just take 1 mg?...

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, Quest said:

Or do I just take 1 mg?...

Please answer soon, I have to take something, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

When did you take the effexor? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, mammaP said:

When did you take the effexor? 

 

 

Have not yet

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

I am going to go back a bit, did the remeron help and if it did why was it stopped? 

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Didn't you take 5mg yesterday? Sorry I am struggling a bit but we will get there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, mammaP said:

I am going to go back a bit, did the remeron help and if it did why was it stopped? 

It made me feel horribly tired, did not help with sleep at all, had restless legs at night and twitching as well as it felt like I was real down on it.  I did not take a full 15 mg dose only 7.5 for a month and then 3.75 for 5 days to get off.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
1 minute ago, mammaP said:

Didn't you take 5mg yesterday? Sorry I am struggling a bit but we will get there. 

 

Yes I did, so I guess I should again today?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
Just now, Quest said:

It made me feel horribly tired, did not help with sleep at all, had restless legs at night and twitching as well as it felt like I was real down on it.  I did not take a full 15 mg dose only 7.5 for a month and then 3.75 for 5 days to get off.

It did ease the anxiety a bit but not much.

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Ok so remeron made things worse, it is a nasty little drug that is best avoided. What time did you take effexor yesterday? I am asking a million questions to get an idea whether you are reacting to the effexor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
6 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Didn't you take 5mg yesterday? Sorry I am struggling a bit but we will get there. 

 

Just took 5 mgs of effexor...  maybe it might help the anxiety~

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Ok that's fine, see how you feel. Was it this time that you took it yesterday? 

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Sorry I don't know what time it is where you are!  Did you feel any better after yesterdays dose?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
2 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Sorry I don't know what time it is where you are!  Did you feel any better after yesterdays dose?

It is 10:39 am here.  I took it yesterday at 8:00 am and now today I took it at 10:35 am.  So already screwed up.  I guess I will have to take this for four days to know? Just don't know how to tell if it helps or not when I feel so bad.  I sure notice it revs me up, you forget after 3 months!  I never could sleep on the stuff that's why I always had the zoplicone prescribed with it, and even that hasn't helped since 2016.  This has been my fourth time to try and get off and always 2-3 months anxiety and insomnia come back as bad as when I went on them 11 years ago.  I can not go on the higher doses, I could only go up to the 75 mgs.  Dr. Tried to put me on 112.5 and became suicidal.  always wanted to be drug free but now am feeling quite hopeless and sick.  How did you manage to stay off and deal with the anxiety?  Or did it not affect you that way?  I want to thank you very much for trying to help me as I know I am coming off really crazy now.  Stressed to the gills like most with family and trying to manage life, I just want to feel like I can cope not break into a million pieces ~I need to sleep and don't know how I'm going to accomplish this.  Very scared to try dr. Recommended seroquel.

Share this post


Link to post
mammaP

Seroquel is an antipsychotic and would also need tapering. The side effects can be brutal and you are already struggling.  It is a good sign that you felt felt a bit better during the day yesterday if you took effexor at 8am. 

57 minutes ago, Quest said:

yesterday during day was not too bad but last night trying to sleep outrageous anxiety.

You need to take the zopiclone too, you can taper that later. You've been taking it so long that you were having withdrawal from that too. Now you have been taking it regularly again you need to keep it and take the same dose every day. Whichever dose works best for you but it needs to be consistent. 

Insomnia has been one of my problems and still is. I get 3 hours on a good night, 4 is exceptional but I don't worry about it now and have learned to live with it. As long as my bed is comfy I am happy just to lie there and feel like I am being hugged. It takes time and practice to reach that state, worrying about not sleeping leads to more stress and anxiety which also affects sleep and it is a vicious cycle. My sleep quality is getting better which is great. You can get through this, it wil be hard, there are no quick fixes but you will get there and stabilise but you need to be patient and understand what is happening in your body. When you understand that it is easier to cope. Have a look around and read some of the toopics in symptoms and self care. Understanding is a HUGE part of recovery. 

Edited by mammaP

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have cbd oil 20:1 but find I can not ingest as it seems to lower my blood pressure. This past spring when I used it to come off my zoplicone from march.   Maybe I could try a vape?  I do not have experience with this.  I am some kind of messed right now as I stopped effexor in May 30/17, had anxiety and insomnia come back mid July.  Listened to dr. And went on remeron for a month August1.  Just reinstated at 5 mgs today and yesterday and feeling as bad as in July.  My worst thing is no sleep. I appreciate your words, feels not so alone.  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
Removed quote

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

MOD NOTE:  When a person is reinstating and attempting to become stable it is best not to throw other things into the mix.  Adding additional drugs, supplements etc will maker it harder, and maybe impossible to work out if reinstatement is working.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-02 at 5:47 AM, Quest said:

Because I stopped the 5 mgs of effexor after 4 days and started the 7.5 mgs of remeron right away for a month I would assume it was both?  Going on the remeron was not easy either and certainly just stopping the 5 mgs of effexor was not good either.  The last three nights without remeron I have felt increased anxiety and sleeplessness.  

 

Have taken 1/2 of 3.75 of zoplicone to even get a few hours of sleep even when I was on the remeron.  When I was reducing the effexor I was never stable, just kept thinking if I could get off I would feel better.  I so realize my mistake now, but I have to deal with what I have done now.  

 

Was having pain in my right side and A Dr. Gave urine test and swab and said I had a streptococcus anginosis infection and now on top of this says to go on pencilling for 7 days!  Don't even want to do this because I know my body is so weak already.  My naturopathic Dr. Says that I am undermethylated and wants me to start a  vitamin protocol.  Right now all I want is some form of my life back.  

 

The symptoms of really bad anxiety and insomnia started in June, about a month off effexor totally.  Total withdrawl, but one thinks they can handle it until it gets to the stupid point like now.  

 

Altostrata, I really appreciate you getting back to me, have I totally wrecked my chances after 3 months off effexor and that one month on the remeron?  5 mgs of effexor is approx. 20 beads of 37.5 dose.  I just counted them and did not weigh.  

 

Where does one buy a reliable scale?  I am in alberta, Canada.  Do you think starting back on 37.5 is something I shoul do after being on the remeron?  

 

Thank you in advance for any reply, very lost at the moment.

Today is day 3 of 5 mgs of effexor xr and I am still having anxiety and depression.  Do I go up to the 37.5 tomorrow, will it even help?  No sleep, still having no sleep.  Don't know what to do.  Will 5 mgs even lift depression?  Does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-02 at 7:18 PM, ChessieCat said:

 

It takes about 4 days for a dose change to get to full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  Keeping notes will help you to evaluate whether your symptoms have improved because sometimes we don't "feel" any change.

 

Keep Notes on Paper

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

Hi ChessieCat, it has been 3 days of 5 mg reinstated effexor.  My sleep is non-existant, depression is same, not eating still.  Do I give this a couple of more days or do I just start 37.5 again?  So hard to know what to do.  Do you have any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

I'm at work at the moment so can't make a detailed response.

 

But NO NO NO not 37.5mg

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

Hi Quest,

 

Just wanted to make sure you are okay and to strongly encourage you to hold at 5mg of Effexor.  Going back up to 37.5 will be too much of a shock for your system and likely make you feel 1000 x worse.  I am also tapering Effexor and know if can be a beast.  Even in small doses, it is very very strong.  Please try and be patient.  We will get you through this rough spot, I know it is hard but for the sake of your brain, you need to try and hold on.  

 

As ChessieCat mentioned, it takes four days to get to a full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  From my experience, I wouldn't notice a dose change until around day six or seven so you have a few days yet for things to start settling.  You are in early days of reinstatement and it is normal to feel like it is getting worse instead of better.  Please don't go back up to 37.5 as it will be far too strong as your brain has been sensitized to the drug by going on and off of it.  Unfortunately everything was made worse by the addition of Remeron and likely one of the reasons its been harder for you to stabilize.

Sleep and anxiety, in my experience, we the first to appear and did take a while to resolve.  I was afraid that the depression was going to last forever, sometimes the feeling of doom in the morning was more than I could handle, it felt like it would never end, but I pushed myself forward as much as I could because I was told it wouldn't last and it didn't.  It took me a long time to stabilize but was worth the wait.  Sleep problems, anxiety and depression do start to lift as you stabilize.  I'm not going to sugar coat it as I feel we all need to be prepared for what we will have to deal with until we stabilize, it's hard, it's probably going to be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, but you will get through it.

I am going to do a little research and find a few links for you that will explain what is going on and some of the steps you can take to make yourself more comfortable.  The most important thing for you to do right now is wait and hold at 5mg until things start to settle.  When I destabilized back in March, it took about a month before I started even feeling human but we get through it, stronger and more capable than we ever were before.  I can be a real chicken with a low tolerance for pain and discomfort and I got through it, and I know that you can too.  

I'll be back with a few links, hang in there, trust me, it will get better but you have to have faith and an extraordinary amount of patience.      

 

 

Edited by baroquep

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
14 minutes ago, baroquep said:

Hi Quest,

 

Just wanted to make sure you are okay and to strongly encourage you to hold at 5mg of Effexor.  Going back up to 37.5 will be too much of a shock for your system and likely make you feel 1000 x worse.  I am also tapering Effexor and know if can be a beast.  Even in small doses, it is very very strong.  Please try and be patient.  We will get you through this rough spot, I know it is hard but for the sake of your brain, you need to try and hold on.  

 

As ChessieCat mentioned, it takes four days to get to a full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  From my experience, I wouldn't notice a dose change until around day six or seven so you have a few days yet for things to start settling.  You are in early days of reinstatement and it is normal to feel like it is getting worse instead of better.  Please don't go back up to 37.5 as it will be far too strong as your brain has been sensitized to the drug by going on and off of it.  Unfortunately everything was made worse by the addition of Remeron and likely one of the reasons its been harder for you to stabilize.

Sleep and anxiety, in my experience, we the first to appear and did take a while to resolve.  I was afraid that the depression was going to last forever, sometimes the feeling of doom in the morning was more than I could handle, it felt like it would never end, but I pushed myself forward as much as I could because I was told it wouldn't last and it didn't.  It took me a long time to stabilize but was worth the wait.  Sleep problems, anxiety and depression do start to lift as you stabilize.  I'm not going to sugar coat it as I feel we all need to be prepared for what we will have to deal with until we stabilize, it's hard, it's probably going to be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, but you will get through it.

I am going to do a little research and find a few links for you that will explain what is going on and some of the steps you can take to make yourself more comfortable.  The most important thing for you to do right now is wait and hold at 5mg until things start to settle.  When I destabilized back in March, it took about a month before I started even feeling human but we get through it, stronger and more capable than we ever were before.  I can be a real chicken with a low tolerance for pain and discomfort and I got through it, and I know that you can too.  

I'll be back with a few links, hang in there, trust me, it will get better but you have to have faith and an extraordinary amount of patience.      

 

 

Thankyou so much for the support, I feel less alone.  I am trying to be strong for my kids, they worry so much and my son is only 14.  I watched my mother whom had lupus suffer from depression in the 80s for years before she passed so I know as a kid watching someone you love go through this sucks.  I am trying to hold, I really am, so terrified as others to never be happy again.  The anxiety and no sleep is beyond sometimes!  You just want relief~actually had a dr. Try to prescribe phenobarbital for sleep, trying to limp along on my 3.75 mgs of zoplicone.  I was actually off of this in March of this year until August 1/17.  But seroquel is just not something I want to hazard upon.  Hopefully I don't have to resort to any of these.  So appreciate your time to write me, I do wish you the best on your healing journey as well.  I have never been this self centered but boy desperation is not a good place.  Thank you for your strength~

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
36 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I'm at work at the moment so can't make a detailed response.

 

But NO NO NO not 37.5mg

Baroquep agrees, thank you for your time, I will keep trying with the 5 mgs.  At least that's my estimate.  I have brand name effexor xr and eyeballed 15 balls.  Have a scale coming from Amazon.  I think I am so tired it sometimes feels like just giving up.  Your time is appreciated~

Share this post


Link to post
baroquep

Hi Quest,

 

Not a problem.  While I am thinking that your best bet is to hold at 5mg, I've asked the other moderators to have a look at your situation and see if they can make any other recommendations.  

 

I know how hard it is and I can definitely empathize and relate to what you are going through. When I first started tapering I had absolutely no patience, I wanted off this drug no ifs ands or buts about it.  Was going to diligently taper by 10% a month and then tried to speed it up, even shaving off an extra ml or two a couple of months ... surely I was going to be one of those people that could smoothy sail off ... boy was I wrong.  

 

These drugs are powerful and I mean powerful, even 0.25% can have a profound effect.  Withdrawal syndrome is horrible by every stretch of the imagination and it can get very challenging.  I guess the key is to learn how to take care of yourself with as much gentleness and kindness as you can muster up.  I'm going to attach a couple of links and hope they resonate as much for you as they did for me.  When I realized how much damage these drugs did to the brain and what the CNS had to do to recalibrate and stabilize, it opened my eyes to just how much patience I needed to find ... it really was out of my control, Effexor was calling the shots, not me.  And by gentleness and kindness, I mean time ... time is the gentlest and kindest thing you can do for your brain to allow it to heal and just be.

 

Hang in there, I'll check in on you in a couple of days, there are a lot of amazing and supportive people on this site and they are all happy to help you through the ups and downs, they understand what you are going through, so don't hesitate to connect with other members in the Intro Forum.

Hoping that you stabilize sooner rather than later and wishing you all the best.  And try to remind yourself a couple of times a day that it does get better, because it does.  

 

Now here are those links, a couple of long-time members dealing with withdrawal wrote the pieces, and for me anyway, it's when the light went on and I realized that I had to treat my brain with patience, gentleness and kindness and I've never looked back.

 

Brain Remodelling 

What is Happening in Your Brain

Youtube video, 4 minutes: Healing from antidepressants

 

Stabilization Process

 

How long to stabilize after reinstating or updosing

 

Self-Care Links

 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

Fear, terror, panic, and anxiety

 

 

 

Edited by baroquep

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Hi Quest,

 

My apologies for such a brief post earlier today but when I saw you thinking of going up to 37.5mg I just had to jump in and let you know that it was a bad idea.

 

Thank you baroquep for following up with further information and support.

 

Here is another link which you might find helpful.  It is important to learn to accept.  If we can accept that it is what it is at this time and we are unable to change it can help.  And then we are less stressed.  Being stressed diverts the brains attention to coping with the stress and slows healing.  Acceptance

 

Kitson currently has this in their signature:  HOPE = Hold On, Pain Ends

 

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
16 hours ago, Quest said:

Baroquep agrees, thank you for your time, I will keep trying with the 5 mgs.  At least that's my estimate.  I have brand name effexor xr and eyeballed 15 balls.  Have a scale coming from Amazon.  I think I am so tired it sometimes feels like just giving up.  Your time is appreciated~

Terrible anxiety and no sleep last night.  This morning so down and depressed can barely move.  Feels terrible because I have a feeling of extreme restlessness with sore muscles and back , neck area.  Took the 5 mgs this morning, I am wondering at this point if I just stop it before it gets so far  in my system again. I feel so sick right now but I am sure being on penicillin for the past 6 days contributes, tomorrow is the last day for this.  I read all the links but it is hard to be positive.  Need to sleep.... you all seem so strong to me, I do not feel like this and can not shut my brain off at all.  Even tried hypnosis.  Do you think neurofeedback would help or to go on St. John's wort with the effexor?

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
1 hour ago, Quest said:

Terrible anxiety and no sleep last night.  This morning so down and depressed can barely move.  Feels terrible because I have a feeling of extreme restlessness with sore muscles and back , neck area.  Took the 5 mgs this morning, I am wondering at this point if I just stop it before it gets so far  in my system again. I feel so sick right now but I am sure being on penicillin for the past 6 days contributes, tomorrow is the last day for this.  I read all the links but it is hard to be positive.  Need to sleep.... you all seem so strong to me, I do not feel like this and can not shut my brain off at all.  Even tried hypnosis.  Do you think neurofeedback would help or to go on St. John's wort with the effexor?

I feel your pain Quest I'm also tapering venlafaxine [Effexor ],its brutal ,I'm living an astonishing existence [non existence ],very bad depression today myself ,the most ile do today is get some food shopping in tonight and ile have to force myself .ive a cold so I must no fight it but all the same its hard to cope when everyone around is me getting on with life and I'm going backwards quickly .

hold on till mods get to you even st johns worth could affect you negatively .

I cant even take a drop in my taper  because I'm afraid of symptoms ruining a few days away next week .

 

I'm not a religious man but god help us comes to mind ,take care a dig deep in your soul.

 

I see on a thread your reaching out to anyone on Effexor so if I can help I gladly will .I'm doing a micro taper and its torture ,ive had prolonged withdrawl for 2 years because of my braindead doctor said there'd be no problem going from 75mg to 37.5 .thankfully I have coped on now and will not be going near a  medical doctor ever again  .

PB

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
6 minutes ago, powerback said:

I feel your pain Quest I'm also tapering venlafaxine [Effexor ],its brutal ,I'm living an astonishing existence [non existence ],very bad depression today myself ,the most ile do today is get some food shopping in tonight and ile have to force myself .ive a cold so I must no fight it but all the same its hard to cope when everyone around is me getting on with life and I'm going backwards quickly .

hold on till mods get to you even st johns worth could affect you negatively .

I cant even take a drop in my taper  because I'm afraid of symptoms ruining a few days away next week .

I'm not a religious man but god help us comes to mind ,take care a dig deep in your soul.

PB

So sorry that you feel like this too.  What is this?  I do believe in God but do not understand this suffering.  My day is looking about the same, i too judge others happiness and envy them.  I wish I knew what the best decision would be and I often wish I could go back in time and change this.  I wish I could sleep!  Blessings on your healing.  Thank you for reaching out.  It is so hard to know if I should stay or go up  or quit.  I so get where you're at~ 

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
13 minutes ago, Quest said:

waySo sorry that you feel like this too.  What is this?  I do believe in God but do not understand this suffering.  My day is looking about the same, i too judge others happiness and envy them.  I wish I knew what the best decision would be and I often wish I could go back in time and change this.  I wish I could sleep!  Blessings on your healing.  Thank you for reaching out.  It is so hard to know if I should stay or go up  or quit.  I so get where you're at~ 

Thanks for your blessings warmly appreciated ,my own situation is that I cant wait to get off them ,they've destroyed my life and I'm deeply angry, and passionate about saving people from ever touching these drugs .I was starting to get traction in life until 2 years ago and I fear  for my future in all aspects of life .

 

You see I know for a fact my life is destroyed by these drugs ,because I gave up alcohol 7 months before withdrawl hit so the only poison in my system is the drugs [2.7 years sober ].ive actually had my doctor say last year to me "I have no answer for you " because all they do is prescribe ,they are a joke and society has to wake up .

Anyway thanks for letting me rant :D.

please practice self compassion today/tonight on yourself  .I see you live in Canada ,have you researched vitamin D supplements and a string mood lamp for depression .

Take care

PB

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
3 minutes ago, powerback said:

Thanks for your blessings warmly appreciated ,my own situation is that I cant wait to get off them ,they've destroyed my life and I'm deeply angry, and passionate about saving people from ever touching these drugs .I was starting to get traction in life until 2 years ago and I fear  for my future in all aspects of life .

 

You see I know for a fact my life is destroyed by these drugs ,because I gave up alcohol 7 months before withdrawl hit so the only poison in my system is the drugs [2.7 years sober ].ive actually had my doctor say last year to me "I have no answer for you " because all they do is prescribe ,they are a joke and society has to wake up .

Anyway thanks for letting me rant :D.

please practice self compassion today/tonight on yourself  .I see you live in Canada ,have you researched vitamin D supplements and a string mood lamp for depression .

Take care

PB

Congrats on giving up the alcohol, that couldn't have been easy either.  Take 4000 its of vi d a day.  Was put on effexor 11 years ago for anxiety.  They said I have Gad.  Have been on 37.5-75 for years.  Totally crashed in Jan. Of 2016 and haven't been good since.  Too scared to jump around on others especially after the remeron fiasco but a part of me thinks, what if?  I too think of it as a poison.  Terrible because you just can't seem to get off it, I have tried 4 times now!  Feel free to rant anytime~

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
48 minutes ago, Quest said:

Congrats on giving up the alcohol, that couldn't have been easy either.  Take 4000 its of vi d a day.  Was put on effexor 11 years ago for anxiety.  They said I have Gad.  Have been on 37.5-75 for years.  Totally crashed in Jan. Of 2016 and haven't been good since.  Too scared to jump around on others especially after the remeron fiasco but a part of me thinks, what if?  I too think of it as a poison.  Terrible because you just can't seem to get off it, I have tried 4 times now!  Feel free to rant anytime~

I had to give up alcohol  ,I was a ferrous  binge drinker and the drugs made me worse .I've been tested a few times but withdrawl makes me feel  so crap its not that hard to avoid alcohol .the test comes next  year when I'm  off the drugs .I love the outdoors so I should stay sober ,no hangovers getting in my way of hikes .plus I'm scared to death for my health because of  what withdrawl has done to me so ile make better choices for the rest of my life hopefully .

how long are your drug free breaks before you go back on them.

.this is my third attempt and I'm going very slow but never again will I go back on them ,I'm scarred for life ,lately I try to avoid anyone I know because I get in such terrible moods I cant predict what way ile speak to them [who the hell wants to be around that ].

good you taking the vitiman D ,I'm trying to get my brother to take it ,he wont listen ,he lives in Scotland and never sees the sun .ive learned so much about what the body needs because of sheer desperation to get better but no one wants to listen to me about there health  in my family and my small friendship circle .

Take care .

PB

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.