Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quest
18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

 

Have you or have you not been taking 15 beads of Effexor XR? 15 beads is 15 beads. You count them out one by one, on a dark cloth so they don't bounce around. Then you pop them in your mouth or in a gelatin capsule and swallow them down.

 

Are you taking 15 beads of Effexor at the same time every day? What time is that? Have your symptoms gotten better or worse since you started taking 15 beads? If they've changed, how have they changed?

 

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

 

Have you or have you not been taking 15 beads of Effexor XR? 15 beads is 15 beads. You count them out one by one, on a dark cloth so they don't bounce around. Then you pop them in your mouth or in a gelatin capsule and swallow them down.

 

Are you taking 15 beads of Effexor at the same time every day? What time is that? Have your symptoms gotten better or worse since you started taking 15 beads? If they've changed, how have they changed?

Yes, I have been taking 15 beads, I have been trying to take the approximate size, they are all different.  This is what concerns me dose wise.  Everyday at 10:00 am I take them.  My depression has gotten worse, very dark thoughts, and my anxiety is extremely elevated especially after taking the pill about an hour later.  I do think the immovane/Zopiclone contribution as well is a factor.  I was told to post a few days of symptoms so the moderators can see if there is a pattern.  How do I get this compounded for weight?  This has to make a difference if I am taking a different weight each day.  How can I ever decrease or increase in dose if I needed to?  The pharmacist needs a prescription but I only have one for 5 mgs and I don't know if that is more or less than what I am taking.  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
added /Zopiclone

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-07 at 5:37 PM, mammaP said:

Try to be patient Quest, it will take time and like you said, the antibiotic will not be helping.  I agree with the others not to go up to 37.5. Just hang in there. I know it's hard, I've been where you are and it does get better.  Did the zopiclone help before you reduced it? 

Mammap, I need your advice on the math of effexor xr beads.  I want to have them compounded.  I have taken 15 balls of approx. the same size out of a new capsule each day since sept 4.  I have a prescription for 5 mgs. For the pharmacist but how do I know if thats more or less than my 15 balls.  How do I figure out the math.  Shouldn't I be weighing these 15 balls so I am not taking a different dose each day? This has to matter, especially if I have to decrease or updose...  any knowledge would be appreciated.  Where do I start with the maths?  I want to have more than one capsule made up at a time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
8 hours ago, AliG said:

Quest. I'm sorry for your pain. You asked about my sleep  I have had 2 yrs of no sleep , then a break where I slept 5 nights a week in a slightly normal fashion then after the flu it reverted back to total insomnia. In the land of OZ - I have currently had no sleep for approx 125 hrs. This is ok and in fact is the new normal. I don't stress and know that It will eventually revert back to some semblance of normality as it has already done in the past.

 

Life changes throughout withdrawal and it does take some serious strength and patience to get through it.

 

Please hang in there.

I am so sorry to hear of your hardships with sleep.  How the hell are you doing it?  What do you do to keep so level headed and calm?  My anxiety and no sleep is damn near doing me in.  Truthfully that is better than the horrid depression. Where in the world do the thoughts of darkness at such a deep level come from, these for me have been the worst to crawl from.  What do you do to manage or divert from it? I totally am sending healing vibes to you, you rock with strength.  Thanks for taking the time to interact with me~

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
11 hours ago, Quest said:

Yes, I have been taking 15 beads, I have been trying to take the approximate size, they are all different.

 

On 10/09/2017 at 5:57 PM, mammaP said:

YOU WILL NEED TO OPEN A NEW CAPSULE EVERY DAY AND TAKE 15 OF THE LARGEST ONES. tHEN PUT THE CAPSULE IN A SEPARATE CONTAINER FOR LATER.

 

Edited by ChessieCat

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

 

 

I have been taking 15 balls out of a new capsule each day and then throwing the rest out.  The bigger ones. I am super sensitive to medication and am hoping I am getting close to the same dose each day without weighing that's why I wanted to see about getting them compounded so it was more reliable than what I was doing. I just don't know exactly what mg dosage 15 balls would be.  I do not know the math to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
1 minute ago, Quest said:

I have been taking 15 balls out of a new capsule each day and then throwing the rest out.  The bigger ones. I am super sensitive to medication and am hoping I am getting close to the same dose each day without weighing that's why I wanted to see about getting them compounded so it was more reliable than what I was doing. I just don't know exactly what mg dosage 15 balls would be.  I do not know the math to figure it out.

The weight must matter in this amount?

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

My apologies, I interpreted "approximate" as average.

 

I think it would be best if you took your capsules to a compounding pharmacist and explained that you are taking 15 x largest beads and you want to know what dose that is.

 

Once you know the dose you are taking ask them if they able to make capsules of that dose for you.  If they say yes, then ask them do they need a prescription from your doctor and if yes, ask them to give you a written explanation of what needs to be written on the prescription for you to give to the doctor.

 

Doing this will save you a lot of confusion and stress.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
35 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

My apologies, I interpreted "approximate" as average.

 

I think it would be best if you took your capsules to a compounding pharmacist and explained that you are taking 15 x largest beads and you want to know what dose that is.

 

Once you know the dose you are taking ask them if they able to make capsules of that dose for you.  If they say yes, then ask them do they need a prescription from your doctor and if yes, ask them to give you a written explanation of what needs to be written on the prescription for you to give to the doctor.

 

Doing this will save you a lot of confusion and stress.

Thank you for such a simple solution, not in a million years at this time could I have come up with that!  Have a lovely evening and thank you for taking your time with me.  Not quite running on full cylinders right now!

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

I also have some "duh!" moments so I understand exactly what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
On 2017-09-21 at 7:58 PM, TryingToHoldOn said:

Welcome to the 'neurotic' club. :) I have never been so 'not all right' in my entire life.  There are so many people who have recovered so why not us?  Hang in there.

How do you get through a really depressive period?  I have tried breathing, going outside, moving....  it just keeps coming in waves of dark.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
19 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I also have some "duh!" moments so I understand exactly what you mean.

ChessieCat I have had such severe depression again today.  It is the worst it has ever been.  Do I try to give this one more week, is it possible that the effexor is causing these terrible thoughts?  How can I help change them, I've breathed, walked, tried distraction.  It seems to hit an hour after taking the capsule.  I don't know if I'm taking too much, not enough, or should not be taking it at all.  Is it possible for this depression to alleviate ever?  Feeling so very sick in my head right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Sorry you're still feeling so bad. Did you get the compounded drug yet? Curious how many mg's it is. 

 I was feeling a lot worse when I updosed too much. Exactly like you're feeling. We both have too many drugs involved which makes it more difficult. But it's funny the symptoms are worse right after you take the Effexor. My tremors didn't stop until I reduced the dose. Lexapro tho. Not Effexor. 

Im just so sorry, quest.......lg

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
25 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Sorry you're still feeling so bad. Did you get the compounded drug yet? Curious how many mg's it is. 

 I was feeling a lot worse when I updosed too much. Exactly like you're feeling. We both have too many drugs involved which makes it more difficult. But it's funny the symptoms are worse right after you take the Effexor. My tremors didn't stop until I reduced the dose. Lexapro tho. Not Effexor. 

Im just so sorry, quest.......lg

I hopefully will find out the dose on Monday.  Yes the Zoplicone I  know is contributing to the depression but I can't just quit that either.  How do I even know if the effexor is helping?  After 23 days how the heck do you come off 15 balls?!  Thank you for caring LG, I hope your day went well.... Is the lexapro keeping you evened out?  Did you know if it was working right away ?  

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
5 minutes ago, Quest said:

 After 23 days how the heck do you come off 15 balls?

 

As my signature currently says:  Slow and steady is best

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
3 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

 

As my signature currently says:  Slow and steady is best

Chessie cat, what does that mean?  You think I should be coming off?  How would I even start?  I'm not stable now.  A couple of balls each week, each month?  I am at a loss here.  Wont my depression and anxiety skyrocket?  I have not been so confused in all my life or so alone.  Please help me with a plan.  Do you think I should have had more improvement by this 23 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

I know you can't come off the zoplicone. I just tried reducing lunesta and it was not good! 

 When I updosed on the lexapro, the trembling and worsened anxiety started immediately. I endured that for 2 months. I was wishing for death. 

 That's what took me to Mayo Clinic. I felt better after dropping 1 mg. from 10 mg to  9 mg for 3 days, but I still had trembling and terror. Then they reduced it to 7.5 mg. Felt a bit better. And they finally reduced it to 5 mg. They wanted to take me all the way down but I wouldn't do it. The trembling pretty much stopped at 5 mg. When the W/D set in a few days later, I had the trembling again for a few days but not as bad. 

 3 wks later now and I still have anxiety but it's getting better. Sometimes some mild tremors in my chest but not the all over shaking tremors. 

 I have anxiety, migraines,nausea,  body aches, depression. Today was not bad. Best day I've had in a long time. I made myself go outside and stay outside. Did mild yard work and was finally able to distract myself from the w/d. I had all the symptoms when I first went out, but by the time I took a break they were so much less and have felt better the rest of the day. 

 Hope this makes sense. I'm a little tired and foggy. 

 And I was only inpatient for a week, so they brought the dose down pretty quick. Too quick. But now I'm glad it's done and over. The rest of my taper will be very very slow, once I stabilize at this dose.  Lg

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

On 9/22/2017 at 5:22 AM, Quest said:

 

Yes, I have been taking 15 beads, I have been trying to take the approximate size, they are all different.  This is what concerns me dose wise.  Everyday at 10:00 am I take them.  My depression has gotten worse, very dark thoughts, and my anxiety is extremely elevated especially after taking the pill about an hour later.  I do think the immovane/Zopiclone contribution as well is a factor.  I was told to post a few days of symptoms so the moderators can see if there is a pattern.  How do I get this compounded for weight?  This has to make a difference if I am taking a different weight each day.  How can I ever decrease or increase in dose if I needed to?  The pharmacist needs a prescription but I only have one for 5 mgs and I don't know if that is more or less than what I am taking.  

 

 

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

We need to determine what effect 15 beads of Effexor have on you. You say your anxiety increases after you take 15 beads of Effexor at 10 a.m.? Do you take anything else then? How long does this spell of anxiety last?

 

Did you ever take the 15 beads at a different time of day?

 

On 9/22/2017 at 5:40 AM, Quest said:

Mammap, I need your advice on the math of effexor xr beads.  I want to have them compounded.  I have taken 15 balls of approx. the same size out of a new capsule each day since sept 4.  I have a prescription for 5 mgs. For the pharmacist but how do I know if thats more or less than my 15 balls.  How do I figure out the math.  Shouldn't I be weighing these 15 balls so I am not taking a different dose each day? This has to matter, especially if I have to decrease or updose...  any knowledge would be appreciated.  Where do I start with the maths?  I want to have more than one capsule made up at a time.  

 

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

1) "Compounding" Effexor XR means putting a measured amount of beads into some number of gelatin capsules.

2) Don't worry about how the pharmacist measures 5mg of Effexor XR. The pharmacist will do the math.

3) 5mg is not a magic number.

4) You are already counting out Effexor beads.

5) If you are having an adverse reaction to 15 beads, you will have  a worse reaction to 5mg. THIS MAY NOT BE A GOOD IDEA ANYWAY.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
bubble
On 21/09/2017 at 4:29 PM, bubble said:

have come to see anhedonia and depression as a natural protective mechanism of our body/brain system. When we are under stress we burn so much energy that we deplete our inner resources tremendously. The body/brain just pull down the emergency switch on us to prevent further damage and allowing our body/brain to regenerate and direct all energy and focus into healing itself. That leaves us with very little energy for anything else and diverts our attention from anything else (which is actually anhedonia). 

 

On 21/09/2017 at 1:28 AM, Quest said:

 

 

Maybe the symptoms will start decreasing when you manage to let go off the expectation to get better (as fast as you would want to not do a disservice to your family).

 

There is that video 7 minutes of magic that I like doing, some breathing exercises.. And I just do them although I don't feel like doing them and don't really feel like it is helping but I believe a lot of these little things and most importantly time will bring relief. Above all I have this blind and desperate faith that I will heal. I practice letting go off worry and fear. They come and I treat them as unwelcome guests and do my best not to engage with them.

 

Last year was very, very traumatic for your brain so it is no wonder it is hurting so much. For me depression is the second stage of recovery which comes after anxiety so it could be a sign that you are moving through recovery stages and are not stuck as it seems. Time is your friend. Now you just have to endure. You don't have to feel better. You can feel as bad as it needs be but practice not being afraid of it and simply wait for the time to pass. Every day and every hour is brining you closer to more and more relief periods.

On 20/09/2017 at 11:01 PM, Quest said:

 

It's actually 'normal' and expected that you should feel bad after everything your brain has been through just like it is normal and expected to be in a lot of pain after let's say surgery.

 

The difference is you can't really take some drugs to numb you (because those drugs caused this).

 

Since we just have to endure pain and suffering at this stage it is better to just accept them and let them me rather than adding to the suffering with analysing and focusing on what to do to make them go away. Baroquep wrote a beautiful post about that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

 

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

We need to determine what effect 15 beads of Effexor have on you. You say your anxiety increases after you take 15 beads of Effexor at 10 a.m.? Do you take anything else then? How long does this spell of anxiety last?  I have written symptoms down in detail for last three days to post this evening and have kept a record of symptoms since I started.  The anxiety can last all day or come in spurts.  

I take 1300 mgs of fish oil and 500 mgs of garlic  Between 8-9 am every morning.   At 10:00 am I take just the effexor 15 balls.  Nothing else.

 

 

Quote

Did you ever take the 15 beads at a different time of day?  The first few days I reinstated 15 balls from the 4-7th of Sept. I took them between 8 and 9:30 in the morning.  On Sept.8- until this point it has been 10:00 am every day after Mammap  and Chessie cat said same time same dose.   

 

 

STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING YOUR EFFEXOR DOSE COMPOUNDED.

 

1) "Compounding" Effexor XR means putting a measured amount of beads into some number of gelatin capsules.

2) Don't worry about how the pharmacist measures 5mg of Effexor XR. The pharmacist will do the math.

3) 5mg is not a magic number.

4) You are already counting out Effexor beads.

5) If you are having an adverse reaction to 15 beads, you will have  a worse reaction to 5mg. THIS MAY NOT BE A GOOD IDEA ANYWAY.

I will place my info on symptoms up today.  I was going to take two of my capsules into the pharmacist and she could weigh them and tell me my dosage . Having them all the same weight  has to be better than what I am doing, as I am so sensitive to medicine.  If this isn't a good idea and I'm having an adverse reaction what in the world am I going to do then?  

 

 

 

Edited by ChessieCat
coloured responses

Share this post


Link to post
Quest

I want to compound so I dont have the stress of making the pills every night.  I am running on complete vibrate mode right now.  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
3 hours ago, bubble said:

 

It's actually 'normal' and expected that you should feel bad after everything your brain has been through just like it is normal and expected to be in a lot of pain after let's say surgery.

 

The difference is you can't really take some drugs to numb you (because those drugs caused this).

 

Since we just have to endure pain and suffering at this stage it is better to just accept them and let them me rather than adding to the suffering with analysing and focusing on what to do to make them go away. Baroquep wrote a beautiful post about that.

 

 

I will try my best to endure. It is so extremely scary for me to have such extreme bad thoughts.  Thanks for your support, I don't know how I will handle things if this reinstatement is a bust.  Am putting symptoms up this evening and hopefully you all can help me to see if this is something to continue with or if I have to taper cause it's not working.  I am scared, no doubt about it.  Thank you for helping me through this.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
6 hours ago, Quest said:

I will try my best to endure. It is so extremely scary for me to have such extreme bad thoughts.  Thanks for your support, I don't know how I will handle things if this reinstatement is a bust.  Am putting symptoms up this evening and hopefully you all can help me to see if this is something to continue with or if I have to taper cause it's not working.  I am scared, no doubt about it.  Thank you for helping me through this.

Has anyone used whey powder for protein in their smoothies?  Was thinking to try some to put some weight on. 

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
22 hours ago, Quest said:

How do you get through a really depressive period?  I have tried breathing, going outside, moving....  it just keeps coming in waves of dark.  

To be honest, moment by moment. Some days it helps me to walk outside or do mindless chores (I.e. laundry, dishes, etc.). Forcing myself to get out of the house for an errand (even if it's picking up luandry from a drive thru service) breaks the cycle a little.  Yesterday I took the kids to the McDonald's play area.  It mostly provides a distraction and lets the time pass.  On the really bad days, I give myself permission to cry and lay in bed until bedtime.  I have hope the next day could be better.  Even mental health professionals agree that depression is cyclical and eventually passes.  Too bad they don't focus on this fact instead of handing out meds.  You will get through this.  At my worst, I had severe suicidal depression and voluntarily checked myself into the hospital.  I thought I was going to die from the deep, dark pain...but here I am.  And no, the hospital did not help.  Had I found this site earlier, I would have rode it out at home.  I still struggle a lot with depression and suicidal thoughts, but nowhere near that same intensity.  It does get incrementally better over a very very long period of time. I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
41 minutes ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

To be honest, moment by moment. Some days it helps me to walk outside or do mindless chores (I.e. laundry, dishes, etc.). Forcing myself to get out of the house for an errand (even if it's picking up luandry from a drive thru service) breaks the cycle a little.  Yesterday I took the kids to the McDonald's play area.  It mostly provides a distraction and lets the time pass.  On the really bad days, I give myself permission to cry and lay in bed until bedtime.  I have hope the next day could be better.  Even mental health professionals agree that depression is cyclical and eventually passes.  Too bad they don't focus on this fact instead of handing out meds.  You will get through this.  At my worst, I had severe suicidal depression and voluntarily checked myself into the hospital.  I thought I was going to die from the deep, dark pain...but here I am.  And no, the hospital did not help.  Had I found this site earlier, I would have rode it out at home.  I still struggle a lot with depression and suicidal thoughts, but nowhere near that same intensity.  It does get incrementally better over a very very long period of time. I hope this helps.

I glean hope from your story, I am very much feeling that way and considered the hospital this morning.  I am very scared to go though.  Been outside trying to distract from my thoughts.  I dont even know if this effexor is working or making things worse, I for sure know Zoplicone is contributing to the depression and anxiety.  How to know what to do. I am glad it is getting better for you.  Do you have anxiety too.  I am happy that you can sleep, that is so huge, I think that is part of what makes me crazy, there's just no break.  I hope you have a nice day and I thank you for your kindness~

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
2 hours ago, Quest said:

Has anyone used whey powder for protein in their smoothies?  Was thinking to try some to put some weight on. 

I'm not sure whey protein will make you put weight on ,high calorie foods without sugar .put into YouTube best foods for weight gain .get  an avocado into a smoothie ,great healthy fats in it .this will help with depression if you focus on something ,learning about healthy foods is a great distraction .I had a whole bag of salad today with my turkey burgers [homemade and cheaper  ]

PB

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
4 minutes ago, powerback said:

I'm not sure whey protein will make you put weight on ,high calorie foods without sugar .put into YouTube best foods for weight gain .get  an avocado into a smoothie ,great healthy fats in it .this will help with depression if you focus on something ,learning about healthy foods is a great distraction .I had a whole bag of salad today with my turkey burgers [homemade and cheaper  ]

PB

Thanks~

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
1 minute ago, Quest said:

Thanks~

Your welcome Quest ,I've had an awful week with depression and its lifted today so please never give up and believe you will heal and stay away from anyone that drags you down .the last month I was trigger sensitive to everything ,I wanted to be on the moon away from the world .

I often put into YouTube ways to cope with depression ,I found it helpful [but if it triggers you park it for another day ] .we have to believe depression is a very insidious condition that casts a spell don't believe it .its truly the devil and we wont let it win .

PB

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
16 minutes ago, powerback said:

Your welcome Quest ,I've had an awful week with depression and its lifted today so please never give up and believe you will heal and stay away from anyone that drags you down .the last month I was trigger sensitive to everything ,I wanted to be on the moon away from the world .

I often put into YouTube ways to cope with depression ,I found it helpful [but if it triggers you park it for another day ] .we have to believe depression is a very insidious condition that casts a spell don't believe it .its truly the devil and we wont let it win .

PB

I am trying really hard right now to fight it... it is relentless~. Your post was very inspiring, I appreciate all your kindness right now.  I am very scared feeling this way, I don't have any notion of what to do next or how~

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Quest, I'm glad you go outside today. I hope it distracted you a bit and that you even enjoyed it. 

  I loved being outside yesterday but I think I overdid it. Like Scorpio, I'm a crying heap today. Really low.  

  I am also trying to gain weight. I'm a little afraid of whey, but I bought some chocolate protein shakes from Costco ( don't know if you have Costco). They're vegetable protein. At least getting some nutrition. And I do a spinach, fruit smoothie and hard boiled egg for breakfast. By dinner time I can usually eat a bit more. My husband has been doing all the cooking and makes a nutritious meal. 

   I hope the mods can come up with a plan for you tonight!! I'm sorry you are suffering so!!    Lg

Share this post


Link to post
Quest
9 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Quest, I'm glad you go outside today. I hope it distracted you a bit and that you even enjoyed it. 

  I loved being outside yesterday but I think I overdid it. Like Scorpio, I'm a crying heap today. Really low.  

  I am also trying to gain weight. I'm a little afraid of whey, but I bought some chocolate protein shakes from Costco ( don't know if you have Costco). They're vegetable protein. At least getting some nutrition. And I do a spinach, fruit smoothie and hard boiled egg for breakfast. By dinner time I can usually eat a bit more. My husband has been doing all the cooking and makes a nutritious meal. 

   I hope the mods can come up with a plan for you tonight!! I'm sorry you are suffering so!!    Lg

I eat a spinach smoothie most mornings too.  I have to be careful of the drinks because I don't need the extra iron.  I am sorry you are low today, i send you such hugs my dear lg.  A hard boiled egg is smart!  Getting tired of scrambled😑  I am trying not to be so whiny, I was never this way!  I sure am more empathetic to others I tell you~. Here's to a better afternoon to you, hugs~

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
1 minute ago, Quest said:

I am trying really hard right now to fight it... it is relentless~. Your post was very inspiring, I appreciate all your kindness right now.  I am very scared feeling this way, I don't have any notion of what to do next or how~

you have my solidarity and I understand how you feel .it tares the soul apart but doesn't destroy it .we need to make better choices in this time in all aspects of life and compact our life of what we need not what we want if that makes sense .don't put to much stress on yourself ,I'm the same were will it end and how do I get past it but this will overwhelm us ,it really is day by day .get good nutrient dense food into you ,don't over think it just get it into you ,get sun ,listen to the birds .I was siting at a lake the other week and ducks surrounded me for food ,just simple stuff and sat at a small waterfall for an hour listening it [even if my noise sensitivity was playing up ;)]

all the doctors have is meds ,find different ways ,be open to new things [need to act on this myself more ].

keep reading ways to get past depression make it your obsession ,hard I know ,it has wiped me out for days lately but I was kind to my body and didn't stress it physically .

Take care

PB

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
3 minutes ago, Quest said:

I eat a spinach smoothie most mornings too.  I have to be careful of the drinks because I don't need the extra iron.  I am sorry you are low today, i send you such hugs my dear lg.  A hard boiled egg is smart!  Getting tired of scrambled😑  I am trying not to be so whiny, I was never this way!  I sure am more empathetic to others I tell you~. Here's to a better afternoon to you, hugs~

you mite not need to eat spinach every day[iron ] ,change up your smoothies .I do one with banana/avocado half /walnuts/wheatgrass powder /turmeric /black pepper and water .makes about a pint of liquid .

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Avocado. Good choice. My blood sugar is up cuz I was using too much orange juice. Potassium also up so no more bananas.  Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

PB I'm glad your visit with your niece was great. And I'm so happy you have some relief from the depression today.  Hope tomorrow is even better.   Lg

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
2 hours ago, Quest said:

I glean hope from your story, I am very much feeling that way and considered the hospital this morning.  I am very scared to go though.  Been outside trying to distract from my thoughts.  I dont even know if this effexor is working or making things worse, I for sure know Zoplicone is contributing to the depression and anxiety.  How to know what to do. I am glad it is getting better for you.  Do you have anxiety too.  I am happy that you can sleep, that is so huge, I think that is part of what makes me crazy, there's just no break.  I hope you have a nice day and I thank you for your kindness~

I have terrible anxiety and it's the kind that leaves me in tears.  Some days I don't know how to cope so I mumble positive affirmations to myself like a madwoman.

Try not to worry about the sleep it will eventually come, but very slowly.  To be frank, it will probably take months.  You'll probably get 1-2 hours, then no sleep, then it will gradually increase to 2-4 hours of broken sleep, then back to no sleep, then an occasional 4-5 hours of broken sleep, maybe one miraculous night of 4 or 5 hours of solid sleep, just to start the cycle over again from the beginning.  It's a very frustrating process.  Try to be at peace with it.  Unfortunately, time is always the answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
1 minute ago, Littlegrandma said:

Avocado. Good choice. My blood sugar is up cuz I was using too much orange juice. Potassium also up so no more bananas.  Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

PB I'm glad your visit with your niece was great. And I'm so happy you have some relief from the depression today.  Hope tomorrow is even better.   Lg

Thanks LG I can feel the weight off my chest today .the choices are endless ,your correct about fruit juices ,even healthy fresh squeezed has high sugar ,if you eat the orange its better because the fibre helps the sugar content slowly absorb into the body .potassium is in salad leaves also but you'd have to eat a lot to get it . I do eat a lot so I must be careful .

I also juice so its a mine field watching out for doing to much between that and smoothies bought expensive juicer in January but I can make healthy ice-creams with it also [a 2 in one ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata
20 hours ago, Quest said:

The first few days I reinstated 15 balls from the 4-7th of Sept. I took them between 8 and 9:30 in the morning.  On Sept.8- until this point it has been 10:00 am every day after Mammap  and Chessie cat said same time same dose.   

 

 

Did you get a period of anxiety after you took the 15 beads between 8 and 9:30?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.