SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

fightback72: Tolerance withdrawal, need to start taper

fightback72

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi FB,

Here is an SA discussion:  fear-terror-panic-and-anxiety

Anxiety seems to be a very common withdrawal symptom.  I experience it myself, and it worsens just after I make a reduction.  Many members, myself included, find magnesium helpful.  I can see it in your signature.  You might want to check out the discussion on it here.  Magnesium  Some people dissolve it in water or a drink and sip it throughout the day, some use it in a bath or foot soak.  I take half a tablet morning and night and several times I have missed taking it for a few days and I notice my anxiety returns.  When I resume the magnesium I find that it reduces.

Are you taking anything which isn't listed in your signature?  For example B vitamins - many members find B vitamins stimulating, especially B6.  hypersensitive-to-b-vitamin-or-b-vitamin-complex

Are you drinking any caffeine or alcoholic beverages?  It might also be worth keeping a diary of what you eat.  You might find that a certain food causes your anxiety to increase.

You might find something helpful in this topic:  Non-drug techniques

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

There are also different types of magnesium.  You might find that one works better for you than the other.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

3 hours ago, fightback72 said:

Has anyone been recovered from their panic and anxiety atacks and then it tried to start back up during withdrawal?

Fightback panic attacks and anxiety attacks are typical wdl symptoms. Wdl mimics these things. You are not suffering panic attacks and anxiety attacks you are suffering chemical drug withdrawal as nonmedical people we have no other words to describe the wdl except for these.  Inevitably such words are  used against us by the dismissive doctors.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi CC and thank you for the helpful links. I take magnesium glycinate at night before bed but that's my only dose so maybe I'll try breaking up the dose between the morning and the night. I have capsules so I think I'll split them in water. I like magnesium glycinate because it is gentle on my stomach and I have IBS too. I know not to take any B vitamins right now. I was taking a B Complex until I found out not to.  I never consume caffeine or alcohol. I keep a diary of everything I eat and drink. 

The anxiety is horrible and feels like my original condition trying to come back. I can't believe what we have to put up with to get off our meds. It's so disheartening to see some people that suffer with it for years after stopping their med. So sad. 

How long do you feel the anxiety for after you reduce your dosage? Does it ever give you a break?

Thank you for your help.

Doxepin 200mg in April 1996.

Switched to Prozac in November 1997. Had terrible anxiety and nausea from Prozac.

Switched then to Zoloft 50mg in December 1997.

Reduced to 25mg Zoloft in Early April 2012? Didn't know then to note it down.

Down to 25mg every 4 days around Early October 2012? Again didn't know to take note.

Experiencing interdose withdrawal since May 2017.  

Reinstated Zoloft daily at 12.5mg tablets on August 3, 2017 so I can stabilize and finally taper off. Started to experience shaking all over after 6 days on it. Felt too strong for me.

Reduced the dosage to 3.125mg switching to homemade liquid on August 9, 2017. 

In addition, I take Omega-3 Fish Oil, MSM, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Evening Primrose Oil, probiotics and Magnesium Glycinate.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15444-fightback72-tolerance-withdrawal-need-to-start-taper/

nz11, do you know if these attacks stop eventually for most people? I also get that inner nervousness feeling. It's so sad what we have to go through after the suffering we went through before medication. It's unbelievable how the withdrawal plays games like this. It's an awful feeling. 

Switched to Prozac in November 1997. Had terrible anxiety and nausea from Prozac.

Down to 25mg every 4 days around Early October 2012? Again didn't know to take note.

Reinstated Zoloft daily at 12.5mg tablets on August 3, 2017 so I can stabilize and finally taper off. Started to experience shaking all over after 6 days on it. Felt too strong for me.

In addition, I take Omega-3 Fish Oil, MSM, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Evening Primrose Oil, probiotics and Magnesium Glycinate.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15444-fightback72-tolerance-withdrawal-need-to-start-taper/

• Moderator Emeritus

I notice in your signature that you are taking CoQ10.  I've just checked the side effects and one of them is irritability.  You might want to consider stopping that for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you CC for letting me know about CoQ10. I will definitely try and see how I feel without it. I had no idea it could do that. Thank you, thank you.

So I was looking at the powder that I take from Point of Return and they do put vitamins B6 and B12 in there. Maybe this is bothering me now. Not sure to stop this powder first or the CoQ10. I know Point of Return is not endorsed on here and I'm seriously considering stopping their supplements. I take that powder and their fish oil regularly. They are very expensive.

• Moderator Emeritus

You could stop the powder first and keep note of how you feel over a few days.  If you don't feel any improvement then stop the CoQ10.

The other option is to stop both at the same time and see how you are and then in a couple of weeks you could reintroduce CoQ10.

Thank you CC. I actually did stop both yesterday and felt so much better. Wow. It must be those B vitamins. It did help with the anxiety to not take it. I hope my energy doesn't go down again though. What do people do about any energy problems? I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  I will give it some time and see how it goes and then try the CoQ10 at a later date like you said. 

Thanks so much for your help.

I am three weeks exactly on 3.125mg of Zoloft. I have had loss of appetite the entire time and I feel it's only getting worse. I know for me normally Zoloft gave me that side effect unlike most other people who say it makes them hungry. But I guess compounded with withdrawal it's so much worse for me. Starting yesterday I began to get stomach symptoms that reminded me of when I had a peptic ulcer. I was outside and got so hungry to the point that I thought I was going to pass out. Then after I did finally eat, I felt bloated. I get nausea too but mainly no appetite. I've had to push myself to eat. I know it's not good to take Nexium when you're withdrawing from an AD. I don't normally take them, only if I get these kinds of symptoms and I would take it with an antibiotic. Has anyone had this problem? What did you do? Did you just wait it out? It feels so miserable and was a big reason why I ended up on an AD in the first place.

I'm so confused. Maybe I just have to begin tapering or just stop the drug completely because it's hard to handle the drug side effects anymore when it comes to my stomach. Zoloft has always caused problems with my stomach and now that I take it everyday in order to taper, it's doing it again. It was so much more manageable when I was skipping doses taking it only every 4 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel so stuck.

• Moderator Emeritus

If you can, try and hold out for another week and then reassess then.

It would be helpful if you could simplify your drug signature.  The mods are also experiencing withdrawal issues and sometimes we have difficulty reading a block of text.  Thank you.  This is the preferred way of showing your drug history:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Thank you CC. I will try to wait another week. Maybe it is just the withdrawal playing games with me and making me think it's one of my conditions that popped up from time to time. At least I hope so. I read of this happening to people withdrawing. I suppose it could also be my IBS. It can be tricky to decipher sometimes. I just feel pretty bad. I don't want to lose any more weight.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've got some extra weight you can have!  Let me know where you'd like it sent to :o

You might find these helpful:

Keep Notes on Paper

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

LOL I think I'll take it :lol: I feel like the odd man out (or woman)!

You know I actually have Joseph Glenmullen's book, The Antidepressant Solution, but didn't read all of it when I first bought it or I would've found out not to skip doses:(

It's such a kick in the head.

Thank you again for the links. I will check them out.

I am in a bind and don't know what to do. My stomach feels like I have another ulcer caused by the Zoloft. I have a history of peptic ulcer disease. Taking the Zoloft every day like this is not doing my intestinal problems any good. How can I treat it when I can't even take a PPI with antibiotics to do so? How does anyone deal with this problem when they're trying to withdraw? I'm afraid I'll have to skip doses again taking it every other day. This is just not tolerable and I can't just ignore something like this. Zoloft was never kind to my stomach and that's a good reason why I took it every 4 days for a few years. I tried a Nexium last night just to see if I would feel any difference. I didn't take any antibiotics though but I was able to sleep with no abdominal pain and none in the morning. I don't want to take my Zoloft tonight. My stomach needs a break. This is not good. It was having peptic ulcers and the resulting panic attacks and depression that led me to taking Zoloft in the first place and it's been Zoloft that has set me back with more and more stomach problems.

Please help! What does someone do in this case? I'm afraid I'll have to tell my doctor now that I've been trying to get off of Zoloft and I didn't want to have to do that because I get SSD and don't want to lose my disability over it. Anyone else in this situation? Anyone have any advice they can give me? If I tell my nurse practitioner that I have been trying to get off of it because it causes me too much stomach distress and that I don't want to even try any other AD because I'm afraid what they might do to me, will that be acceptable? Does anyone know if I could lose my disability over this?

• Moderator Emeritus

"Reinstated Zoloft daily at 12.5mg tablets on August 3, 2017 so I can stabilize and finally taper off. Started to experience shaking all over after 6 days on it. Felt too strong for me.

Reduced the dosage to 3.125mg switching to homemade liquid on August 9, 2017."

I doubt that returning to skipping days will be helpful.

Is there a test that can prove whether you have a stomach ulcer?  If so, then that is the first thing that I would do.  At least you will know for sure either way and can make a decision based on fact not conjecture.

There is a test but that involves an endoscopy which will take time and in the meantime I would be suffering too much. My GP knows I have a history of them and can give me antibiotics and that's taken with a PPI I'm afraid. I'm scared because of the risk of serotonin syndrome but I can't live like this. This is not something that's tolerable for me. Withdrawal made me lose my appetite and now this ulcer is on top of that so more reason not to want to eat because of nausea but then I have to for the pain. I'm thinking of contacting a doctor online so I can consult with them and not have to wait to see mine. Plus my GP is leaving the state next month and really closed his practice except for emergencies. He may still take me but if I can get some guidance online that would really help. I have an appointment with a new GP in December. 

Of course I would have to tell my GP about my coming off of Zoloft which I wasn't going to tell him. Maybe these online doctors wouldn't call my doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

We have a couple of discussions to do with the medical profession.  In one of them a member said that they tell the doctor that they are wanting to reduce their dose and want to be on the lowest possible dose, ie not saying they are coming off.  I know when I talk to my doctor I am very careful about how I word things.

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Thank you for the links, CC. You are always so helpful.

I can see that I am going to have to tell them what I've been doing because I'm going to need to get help for my stomach. I figure I can say that I wasn't taking the medication daily before because it kept affecting my stomach a great deal and didn't want to get another peptic ulcer that they might understand and let it go.

Now that I am taking such a low dose, if I have to go to the hospital what happens then? Would they give me my 3.125mg of Zoloft in liquid form? I'm concerned about this.

Today I have been having pain that is just not going away and before this it would go away when I ate something so I'm not sure what's happening and I'm really scared. I contacted a doctor online today to see what they say. The doc gave me more Nexium to take 2x a day but no antibiotics. I asked him about the issue of PPI's raising the concentration of SSRI's in the blood and if 2 a day would raise it by 100%? He said "well that would only make it 6.25mg and that's a very low dose too so don't worry about it." I almost thought he might've understood about withdrawal. So this is going to raise my dose having to take a PPI?What can I do? What should I do? I would end up suffering more. I just want to cry.

I have to call Tuesday for an appointment with a gastroenterologist and hope to get a quick one. I just don't know if they'll give me one quick. I haven't been to one since 6 years ago. I would rather see a different gastro in the same center and usually if you're a new patient you wait months. I'll take whoever can take me the quickest. 

So anyone been in the hospital during withdrawal? How did you handle it? Did you get your med at the dose you needed? 

They just may want me to stop it altogether if I have a peptic ulcer because they're linked with SSRI usage. What should I do then? 

Edited by baroquep

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fightback72,

I can understand your fear and apprehension about the possibility of having to go into the hospital and how it will affect your withdrawal.  I would try not to panic and remember that you are ultimately in charge of your health.  If it were me, I would absolutely insist that I remain on the 3.125 mg of Zoloft and make no exceptions.  You can explain to your family doctor  that you have been tapering for a number of years and found that you have to go very slowly or it destabilizes your central nervous system and if you don't it causes horrific causes withdrawal symptoms.  That you can't imagine what it would do to your CNS if you were expected to stop taking the 3.125 mg abruptly.  I would put your concerns up front and on the table and not allow anyone, not anyone to strong arm you into doing something that you aren't comfortable with.  You know your body best and at the end of the day, the doctor works for you and should listen to your concerns.  If not, it could be that you need to find a more open-minded doctor who will listen to you.  This is your body, and your life and you need to feel that your concerns are taken seriously.  

After trying to withdrawal from Effexor twice under the guidance of my family doctor with disastrous results, I did my research, found this site and advised my doctor that I would be withdrawing 10% or less of my Effexor (she didn't want me to go off of it but I was determined and wore her down) and that tapering off of this medication was likely going to take me a number of years and asked her for an ongoing prescription that met with my wishes.  She wrote out the prescription and is now working closely with me to finally get off of this medication.

Doctors have very little understanding of how strong these drugs are or how long it takes to safely withdrawal from them after being on them for many years.  We have to be our own best advocate and be a part of the decision making process when it comes to what drugs we are or are not going to take.  After becoming dependant on Effexor, I no longer feel that my own family doctor has the answers to everything and I do my own research before I make a decision about doing anything, particularly if it involved drugs.    

ChessieCat provided you with a couple of links on how to talk with your doctor above and you might also find a few pointers there.

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

Last night the pain in my stomach was so bad for hours that I thought I might have to go to the hospital. I can only hope I don't have to end up doing that. In the meantime I've packed a small bag at the ready.

You are right, Baroque. The only thing is is that I'm on disability mainly for Panic Disorder and I've been afraid to say anything in case that causes me to lose my benefits. I feel stuck. I've been on it for 19 years and can't imagine that happening to me. I just don't know if I can safely say that I've been tapering because I haven't said anything before to my doctors and then if my nurse practitioner knows she'd probably wouldn't agree to me going off of it and want to switch me to something else. She's even said to me before that the Zoloft is not working anymore so we can either increase your dosage or switch you to one of the meds that would work for you (I did a cheek swab test). The ones she would switch me to are Pristiq, Effexor, or Viibryd. I told her though that I'm afraid to switch and if she increased my Zoloft then it would bother my stomach more. 

On the other hand, it looks like I'll have to go to the gastroenterologist for tests and then I would be afraid to lie about my withdrawal and my dosage if I would be getting anesthesia. God, how in the world does anyone have an endoscopy/colonoscopy while they have withdrawal symptoms? I don't know how I'll face this. In the meantime I had to start taking a PPI (proton pump inhibitor), Nexium, for my possible ulcer and it's giving me more withdrawal symptoms because it raises the dosage of my Zoloft by half. Actually the doctor I talked to online wants me to take two. I can hardly handle one. It's so awful that I almost feel like giving up because of my stomach problem which who knows may be just withdrawal and mimicking an ulcer?  

This is simply the worst time of my life since I got sick before meds. Now I have to get myself used to taking the Nexium with the Zoloft. I wish I didn't have to. It's just so difficult and hard to sleep now with the nagging pain in my stomach and my body trying to get used to a higher dosage because of the Nexium.  Then the Nexium causes all this tenseness and agitation all through me and I feel the cortisol rushes off and on all morning into the afternoon. Then I get these rushing sensations coming from my stomach. Before the Nexium I got through the head and body sensations at my dosage of 3.125mg. All was getting quiet and then the stomach part happened. Ugh. I've only stayed indoors since the stomach problem. Besides the pain I feel too weak to do anything. 

Sorry to rant. I'm at my wits end trying to control all this pain and discomfort I feel. 

Thank You Baroque for your help.

Edited by baroquep

I was told to take Nexium 2x a day. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from adding just 1, specifically that early morning cortisol spike and the related inner shaking and nervousness where you just can't sleep and some burning pain in the shoulders you're so tempted to just give in to trying another drug. Just really painful mental and physical symproms. How long should one wait to add a second one? My peptic ulcer has to be treated as soon as possible.

This has been such a hard and incredulous journey so far for me.

I've been dealing with an unfortunate situation because I have a suspected ulcer and need to get on Nexium for a time being. This is rough because I've only been on a steady dose of Zoloft for the past month and I think I needed more time to stabilize even more before getting on anything else I might need. I tried taking Nexium at 40mg 2x a day but I seem to be too sensitive to it at this time, not sure. I've taken it before withdrawal at 40mg a day with no problem but never 2x a day. So now, the first 4 days I did 40mg a day and then on the 5th day after talking to my doctor who said to take 40mg 2x a day, I did that. Well on that first evening of taking 80mg that day (40mg in the morning and 40mg in the evening), I experienced so much weakness, tremor and agitation that I couldn't sleep all night. Second night it happened again and would not let up. I was getting scared of serotonin toxicity so I actually skipped my dose of Zoloft last night. Hours later I had to give in and take an Ativan which I haven't taken since I found out that my body was withdrawing. Soon it helped me sleep. Now today I felt withdrawal of course from not taking my Zoloft last night but that was still more tolerable than my reaction to Nexium was. I had no tremor or shaking or agitation. What is wrong with me? There's not supposed to be any interaction between Nexium and Zoloft. Anyone else found they had this problem? What did you do? Is it just a matter of me titrating it or do I need to tell my doctor that I need a different medication for treatment? What am I missing here? I've seen the link where it says to get off it by 25% weekly but what if you have to first start getting on it during withdrawal.

Can you get serotonin toxicity from Nexium and Zoloft together? 

Please help! I don't know how I can get better without a PPI. I'm hoping I don't have an infection that's caused the ulcer because that would mean antibiotics and I know my body could not handle it at this time. I'm getting an abdominal ultrasound tomorrow to see if they see anything. 

Edited by scallywag
merged topics

• ChessieCat changed the title to Getting on Nexium or any PPI for stomach ulcer
  • Moderator Emeritus

Please run nexium and zoloft through the Drugs-dot-com Drugs Interactions Checker.

Copy and paste the results in your introduction topic.

I will merge this topic into your introduction topic so that all your questions and information stays in one place.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Okay. I think you can see this. https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1015-567,2057-1348 

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

So according to drugs.com there's none that exist specifically.

Has anyone needed treatment for another condition but couldn't take the medicine because it would cause your med to increase while you're going through withdrawal? If anyone else has or had this problem, did you try to treat once you were stabilized? Did it help where you didn't feel withdrawal while taking the medication/s to treat your condition? Or did you still have the same issue? I believe I'm going through gastritis from my med and can't treat it with a PPI because I go through more withdrawal and feel all these side effects. I'm not one whose normally on a PPI. 

Thank you to anyone that can help me with this.

What was the outcome of the ultrasound you had ?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

nz11, it looks like they didn't find anything but I'm still waiting for the doctor to get back to me on it. I know the technician did not see anything so far. In the meantime I stopped the Nexium and have been looking at alternative ways to help my stomach. I'm trying to follow a gastritis diet too. I'm going to try Zinc-Carnosine with Pepsin GI and Mastic Gum. I know these won't interact with Zoloft. 

Hi nz11, I got the results today of my ultrasound and they did not find anything. The doctor had felt the palpations in my stomach and they looked at my aorta but it was all normal. I think I'm going to get an endoscopy to make sure of everything.

Hope everything is good on your end.

well whatdaya know....

sounds like good news....

Recovering paxil addict