SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Please take this survey if you are in the UK.

Vanora

We need to give feedback to the British Medical Association about the NHS Choices website and NHS 111 (England) or their equivalents in the rest of the UK. The Department of Health (London) thinks that these are adequate sources of help for patients wishing to withdraw or who are in withdrawal. We need to tell the BMA whether we agree or not. Please share your experiences by taking the survey. If you would prefer to write directly to the BMA yourself contact LRussell@bm.org.uk. Thank you.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/692JXMP

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

• Moderator Emeritus

I did not know this service existed but I can imagine they will not be what is really needed. It's a start though, the NHS is starting to realise the problems caused by prescription drugs.

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

You and me both mammaP, I had no idea that this service existed. The thing is we really need services designed specifically for prescription drug dependence and withdrawal and to that end I and many others have been trying to persuade those in power to provide a helpline and accompanying website for this purpose. An All Party Parliamentary Group on Prescribed Drug Dependence has been meeting for some time now.    www.prescribeddrug.org

We also have the support of the Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry. So far the response has been a bit disappointing to say the least. The usual story of no funds and they think the current services are sufficient for the job hence the need for this survey. Personally speaking NHS Choices isn't really fit for purpose but I'll leave people to make up their own minds.   

2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

• Moderator Emeritus

CEP uk have asked for people to take part in a survey, not sure if it is the same one I haven't  applied yet. It looks different to the surveymonkey one. 

http://cepuk.org/2017/08/10/cep-2017-prescribed-drug-withdrawal-survey/  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi everyone

I have just filled out both of the above surveys.  The second one is better than the first.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Hi mammaP and joy2730,

The 2 surveys are entirely separate. The first was devised by members of the FB campaign group Prescribed Harm UK or PHUK for short in order to provide feedback about NHS Choices website and NHS 111 or their equivalents in the rest of the UK the second has been devised by the Council for Evidence-based Psychiatry in collaboration with the University of Roehampton supported by Baylissa Frederick of Recovery Road to obtain data on PDD withdrawal and withdrawal provision. The second will obviously be far more in depth having an academic origin. Prescribed Harm UK members are ordinary people trying to raise awareness of the harms of PDD and whose motivation comes from being harmed by PDD themselves.

Thank you for taking the time to complete our PHUK survey. Every piece of information you supply about this subject could potentially help us to gain the services we so desperately need for people like us.