• Announcements

RockSie

Prescribed Drug Dependence & Withdrawal Survey

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Merged topics

Survey is easy, and should take about ten minutes. 

London university in conjunction with CEP, London and with support of Baylissa Frederick , Recovery Road, is conducting a survey about dependence and withdrawal from benzos, A/Ds, opiod painkillers or other drugs of dependence.  Please, please, please reply.  this is an opportunity not to be missed whatever country you live in.  The results will be published in academic journals.  Make it known how big this problem is and what services are needed. UK responses will inform UK policy.  If we secure services in the UK other countries may follow the lead.  Please share in other support groups.  

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gSHZN88sOmHDlr

Edited by mammaP

Done x

I've filled in this survey and hope that everyone here will too. Anyone, worldwide can fill it in and show the bigger picture. It asks lots of questions and also in your own words experiences but the box isn't very big so needs to be condensed. It doesn't matter if you can't fill it in just tick the boxes. No personal setails are asked for but you have to create a unique number/name that shows you are a real person and agree to then using the questionaire to create statistics. It is by far the best one I have seen. 

Please take 10minutes, even if you just tick the boxes. I mentioned that SA is the only worldwide site that covers AD withdrawal and is growing so fast as people find out the truth and try taper drugs alone. I have suggested that the NHS  creates a site like this one to help people. What they are proposing now is not enough. Doctors don't know enough yet. 

completed .there needd to be  a way to fast click all them yes boxes :D

Just took it, hopefully it helps get this more out there.

Thankfully it wasn't too complicated so I was able to complete it :D. Really hope this helps.  

The Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry in the UK alongside Baylissa Fredericks are conducting a survey to use for a worldwide research project into experiences of withdrawal and the services people feel would help them.  It will be used in part to assist work in the UK done by the British Medical Association project into Prescribed Drug Dependence (Antidepressants, benzos, opioids / z-drugs) but will also form the basis of a research paper backed by the University of Roehampton which will seek to determine worldwide experiences of psych drug withdrawal.  

Please click on the link below and follow the instructions. The survey is quite detailed and asks you to recount the effect that withdrawal has had on your life. 

Best Wishes

http://cepuk.org/2017/08/10/cep-2017-prescribed-drug-withdrawal-survey/

Thanks for posting this link, Marmite.

I have a friend who's active in advocacy for benzo withdrawal and she was in contact with the researchers Friday and they said so far, they have received 220 responses, 80 from the UK. And that was over two days. Hopefully, more will come in over the next week. 

Just an FYI that the survey will close soon:  

The survey opens at 9am on 10 August 2017 will close at 5pm on 24 August 2017 BST.

Thank you Shep. Yes, quite right the survey is open for a relatively short period.  

I don't have access to those numbers - just doing my bit to promote something that sounds v.worthwhile and helpful -  but after 2 days that sounds encouraging !

Thanks for pointing out the closing date - 24th August ! 

Best Wishes

Can as many people as possible please do this survey.

The good thing about this survey is there are heaps of places to 'explain' that means we don't leave them guessing or making assumptions.

Thanks for sharing - I completed it and it was great to feel that I might be helping to shape future policy. 

I am not from UK.But we are all in the global village.I look forward for the benefit of future generations.So I filled the survey.Patients or clients are not informed by the doctors that how these medication works.Also not educating about careful tapering system.Even careful 10%taper leaving at insomnia.

I am looking forward for the harmless brain medication.

I had too. Reason being its not restricted to UK. They need to know whether its UK or not. Acknowledging  is their choice.

done!! happy to have the opportunity to help

Definitely worth the time.

I would urge all UK members to participate in this important survey. It has the potential to influence NHS policy towards prescription drug withdrawal and could make this an issue that government will have to finally pay attention to.

The credibility of the results will depend on the number of people taking part. The net needs to be cast far and wide on this. If you are a member of one of the various mental health support groups outside of SA then you might want to consider posting a link on there as well.

Well said Dan (congratulations on being a moderator by the way ...I just noticed).

I join with Dan in URGING all people on this forum to do this survey.

If you only do one survey in your life then please make it this one!

This is a chance to have your/our  voice heard. This is a moment in time that is for us. As they say this is not the time to read history this is the time to make history and you/we have an opportunity to play a major part in this. 

I'm so pleased Alto has stuck this to the top of the page of the intros.

I wonder if its possible to have this link sent to every sa member. If its simply a matter of one push of the button then maybe that could be considered?

nz11