• Announcements

RockSie

SURVEY: Prescribed Drug Dependence & Withdrawal Survey

53 posts in this topic

Im not one to pm the owner of this site so heres an open pm.

Alto  just wanted to say thanks heaps for that terrific email you sent out.

I have a feeling it will stir a fantastic outcome and probably arouse a sleeping giant - members who are in a prolonged season of silence.

SA i see is already getting responses.

Not that the mods need any more work but i think this is going to cause a surge in survey completions hoorah!...and sa updates!

Im so excited about what will occur this week leading up to 24th aug.

Thanks heaps.

nz11

2 hours ago, Songbird said:

Thanks for the email, I've filled out the survey.

Thanks Songbird ....lovely to hear from you.

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Without that email I would have missed this. Thanks!

Thank you for completing it.

Thanks

grandma, gigi, and marsha.

so glad you added your voice to this survey.

nz11

I took the survey.  I smiled all evening knowing that a university is studying the problem.  I am notifying both my therapist and my disbelieving physician team about this survey as more validation of SSRI and benzo withdrawal.

Just a thought here...all those people on benzo buddies could some one send the link over to that site?

my brain is mush,sorry if am not making much sense!!

baylissa as posted it on her face book..An the benzo recovery groups are all signing it too...

Just answered.

Hoping this will make a positive impact in the world :)

Done - it's great that some people are finally starting to sit up and take notice! From little acorns and all that. 

Well done Sstansky, Mourad, Pinkfairy, Bokart and KH

Completed the survey

it took a few minutes, thats all, and it was a good thing to contribute to by way of recording this situation.

symptoms becoming more manageable past 3 days.

I've run into an issue on one of the questions . . . it asked if I was still taking the drugs and the response options were something like this . . .

Yes, don't plan on getting off

Yes, considering getting off

No, getting off

No, off

The correct answer for me would be "Yes, getting off" and it seems that would be true for anyone here tapering? Maybe I'm just too fuzzy headed right now and missed something, but I selected no, getting off but the follow up questions are:

Which class of drug(s) have you withdrawn from? Select as many as are applicable.

and . . .

How long ago did you stop taking the drug(s)?

These questions of course assume that I've completed the withdrawal / dc process. Hmmm?

3 hours ago, elbee said:

I've run into an issue on one of the questions . . . it asked if I was still taking the drugs and the response options were something like this . . .

Yes, don't plan on getting off

Yes, considering getting off

No, getting off

No, off

The correct answer for me would be "Yes, getting off" and it seems that would be true for anyone here tapering? Maybe I'm just too fuzzy headed right now and missed something, but I selected no, getting off but the follow up questions are:

Which class of drug(s) have you withdrawn from? Select as many as are applicable.

and . . .

How long ago did you stop taking the drug(s)?

These questions of course assume that I've completed the withdrawal / dc process. Hmmm?

Yes, there are 2 options "yes, I have withdrawn from some" & "Yes, I have withdrawn from all", don't choose them, choose that you're considering withdrawing.. Don't worry - there will still be questions about withdrawal symptoms & if you have experienced them.

Hi!

I just filled out this survey.  I hope it enables further support and research to be done in the area of psych meds and withdrawal. :D

Great stuff bomo, dj, elbee and divegrl.

Elbee I found some qu also needed further explanation   I used the explanation boxes either before or after the qu to clarify.

eg I said , "In the next qu you ask  ......I would like to say  that......"

Good going people.