Jjer

Jjer: Divorce out of blue

Jjer   
Jjer

I have a little more to share to see what you think. I did more digging into health records and transactions at the pharmacy. So January 17 2017 he was put on sertaline and methylphenidate and then at the end of march he went back to the doctor and got switched to Wellbutrin (march 23) a 30 day prescription and another 30 days of methylphenidate for his ADHD. On April 20th we left for Colorado and he never got another refill for either one which means he obviously wasn't taking it consistently.

On April 21st while in Colorado he tried recreational weed cause it was legal n he wanted to try it. On top of drinking heavily. on April 22nd he did it again. Not a lot but that on top of drinking. Then on April 23rd I left for a trip and didn't return until April 29th and that's when he instantly told me he wanted a divorce and could do it without showing any emotion and avoided being at home the entire week and I was sooo depressed I stayed home from work and when he would come home he would ask if I had ate and asked if he could make me something.

Even on that Sunday after I was home he made me coffee even though he was so sure of the divorce he even went out to the garden and tiled the garden even though we would obviously not be having a garden if we were going to get a divorce and move? He literally wouldn't listen to anything I had to say he would go and talk this girl counselor instead. On that same Sunday he had a panic attack at the gym and then the following weekend he planned a trip with that girl.

He didn't start his prescription with Wellbutrin until May 2nd. And on May 8th I filed a domestic violence case again him cause he choked and bit me.. he NEVER even would have done that before... so then he moved out of our house and couldn't talk to me again until June like 16th... but in the mean time he continue to drink, stay distant from his friends and family, lie to them about hanging out with this girl and going on trips and then at the end of July now he was prescribed to lexapro and cymbalta... and still no change but he filed for divorce on July 6th and I had a counterclaim sent to him on July 11th..

it is now August 14th and I have yet to hear anything back from him. He's contacted my lawyer and tried contacting me and all he mentions is the selling of the house. He also took out that credit card in June and by the end of July has a 5,000 balance but hasn't paid me anything for any of the bills at the house... this literally has to be those meds right?!?!?

Edited by KarenB
added white space

KarenB   
KarenB

Hello Jjer,

Sounds like things have been quite difficult for you.  It is true that psychiatric drugs can affect people's emotions and behaviour in all sorts of ways.  I hope you are able to find some people here who can empathise with what you have been going through.

The relationships forum is a good place to write.

Welcome to SA,

Karen

powerback   
powerback
On 8/23/2017 at 0:48 PM, Jjer said:

I have a little more to share to see what you think. I did more digging into health records and transactions at the pharmacy. So January 17 2017 he was put on sertaline and methylphenidate and then at the end of march he went back to the doctor and got switched to Wellbutrin (march 23) a 30 day prescription and another 30 days of methylphenidate for his ADHD. On April 20th we left for Colorado and he never got another refill for either one which means he obviously wasn't taking it consistently.

On April 21st while in Colorado he tried recreational weed cause it was legal n he wanted to try it. On top of drinking heavily. on April 22nd he did it again. Not a lot but that on top of drinking. Then on April 23rd I left for a trip and didn't return until April 29th and that's when he instantly told me he wanted a divorce and could do it without showing any emotion and avoided being at home the entire week and I was sooo depressed I stayed home from work and when he would come home he would ask if I had ate and asked if he could make me something.

Even on that Sunday after I was home he made me coffee even though he was so sure of the divorce he even went out to the garden and tiled the garden even though we would obviously not be having a garden if we were going to get a divorce and move? He literally wouldn't listen to anything I had to say he would go and talk this girl counselor instead. On that same Sunday he had a panic attack at the gym and then the following weekend he planned a trip with that girl.

He didn't start his prescription with Wellbutrin until May 2nd. And on May 8th I filed a domestic violence case again him cause he choked and bit me.. he NEVER even would have done that before... so then he moved out of our house and couldn't talk to me again until June like 16th... but in the mean time he continue to drink, stay distant from his friends and family, lie to them about hanging out with this girl and going on trips and then at the end of July now he was prescribed to lexapro and cymbalta... and still no change but he filed for divorce on July 6th and I had a counterclaim sent to him on July 11th..

it is now August 14th and I have yet to hear anything back from him. He's contacted my lawyer and tried contacting me and all he mentions is the selling of the house. He also took out that credit card in June and by the end of July has a 5,000 balance but hasn't paid me anything for any of the bills at the house... this literally has to be those meds right?!?!?

What a pain for you ,I respect you want to fix your situation but without doubt you have to look after your own safety first ,these meds are ridiculous what they do to people.

Alcohol,weed,meds is quiet the mix so all bets are off when doing that ,im 2.6 years sober and im lucky I got through the 2 years of drinking on meds ,they made me capable of drinking much more and more  often .

Its never acceptable to put your hands on a women like that.

If he is still doing this mix take it from me be very cautious .if hes not careful this could end up alot worse for him . it doesnt take much these days to be put in a hospital against your own will.

Please look after yourself self first .

PB